Skip to main content
D
Dopper

United Kingdom · From December 2005

Discussions

Rache
design your own dress and have it made in the UK
Rache, 3 of January of 2009 at 22:53

Brilliant site - I've been designing dresses all evening. http://www.styleshake.com/user/Dress.aspx?name=demure%20vintage&ID=141583 (I did that one; not bad is it?)

Orly Bird, friday 9-Jan-09 19
(
What are you wearing on Christmas day?
(Have, 20 of December of 2008 at 18:40

I think this one has probably been done before, but i can't find it. what are people wearing? i had a bit of a cast about in town today, saw some very nice things in monsoon but too tight to spend the...

legless, monday 22-Dec-08 39
Consuela Banana Hammock
Does anyone else suffer migraine after exercise?
Consuela Banana Hammock, 19 of December of 2008 at 12:29

I've been suffering from migraines after my Personal Training sessions at the gym. Not every time (and interestingly not after any other session that I do) but out of 10 PT sessions, I've had five...

Taffie, friday 19-Dec-08 12
Michpuss
Please help settle a (mundane) argument
Michpuss, 17 of December of 2008 at 21:36

Are sugar snaps and mange tout the same thing? I say no but google seems to disagree. <disclaimer - I did say it was mundane. My life is so boring [:'(]>

Michpuss, wednesday 17-Dec-08 3
SophieM
Dog people - this Crufts/BBC thing
SophieM, 13 of December of 2008 at 16:03

It's a big deal, right? http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/dec/13/bbc-crufts-animal-welfare I remember watching the original documentary, and it seems it's having wise-reaching consequences - good...

FigJam, saturday 13-Dec-08 16
Hugo Brambles
Has anyone used a professional 'de-clutterer'?
Hugo Brambles, 7 of December of 2008 at 17:43

You know the sort of thing they used to do on Life Laundry? I was thinking of getting my mum a day's worth of help as she is such a horder she could do with help in sorting and organising. Anyone used...

The Nightmare before, monday 8-Dec-08 20
Tilly Floss
Getting fed up of the mortgage benefits etc....
Tilly Floss, 5 of December of 2008 at 13:53

Is it just me? Why exactly did we "do the right thing", look ahead, see that the bubble was likely to burst, not mortgage ourselves to the hilt, take on a house that we could afford on one salary -...

Roobarb the Red Nose, friday 5-Dec-08 59
legless
help. my boobs don't match
legless, 3 of December of 2008 at 21:47

And if i'm honest its very much affecting my confidence. they nearly matched and then i had a stressful time and lost about a stone and now they don't. at all. do i a. get surgery b. put the weight...

legless, thursday 4-Dec-08 18
Redbedhead
Telling work what you think of them?
Redbedhead, 29 of November of 2008 at 15:20

Has anyone else been tempted to tell their work what they think of them when they leave a job? H and I were talking about it (I am being made redundant) and wondered if anyone had actually done it. I...

Eleda, sunday 30-Nov-08 12
Diefenbaker
Does anyone else live alone? Bit random / morbid...
Diefenbaker, 28 of November of 2008 at 21:57

I've been living alone for almost 4 months now and managing fairly well. However, a couple of friends and acquaintances have had accidents recently (minor and fatal) and it's made me think. I started...

Diefenbaker, saturday 29-Nov-08 33
L
Small "no fuss" wedding ideas.
LadyJane, 23 of November of 2008 at 17:50

WOW, it's been a while since I was on here! I'm posting now on behalf of my Mum who is getting married in February and at the moment is calling me several times a day asking for ideas and running...

LadyJane, friday 28-Nov-08 11
RubyBlue
Japanese sushi places in and around London...
RubyBlue, 22 of November of 2008 at 17:15

That aren't Yo Sushi type, but not bank breakingly expensive. I went to Rocca in Charlotte street a few months ago which was fab but we are trying not to splurge and really fancy sushi for tonight....

RubyBlue, sunday 23-Nov-08 6
LizBjk
My friend and pirates.
LizBjk, 18 of November of 2008 at 17:50

She's a bit dimb on occasions. I couldn't stop laughing today. We were in a shop when she loudly said "Have you heard about those pirates taking over that ship". I replied no. To which she said "I...

Old Nick Esq., wednesday 19-Nov-08 18
legless
self protrait project, starting it tomorrow wish me luck
legless, 16 of November of 2008 at 21:03

When i went to london and saw the annie liebowitz exhibition last week i saw this really interesting workshop that they do for young people where they take 50 items to make a self portrait. So i'm...

Flump, monday 17-Nov-08 12
Unique at last
Any legal people able to give advice? Esp employment law.
Unique at last, 16 of November of 2008 at 12:47

Sorry, this is a bit long. Some of you may have seen my post a few days ago asking for advice on sending a letter to my childminder. I'll try and be brief. Background is that I had 2 childminders (E...

Roobarb, sunday 16-Nov-08 5
O
Do you feel safe doing online banking?
onlineFoxes, 15 of November of 2008 at 18:32

Do you really feel safe doing online banking? I conduct an online survey on this topic (besides planning my wedding ), and I am very interested in your opinion. If you participate in the survey, you...

NickJ, monday 17-Nov-08 14
E
Transcription vs Meeting Minutes - the differences please - WWYD
Eleda, 16 of November of 2008 at 13:11

I had a Big Meeting recently and recorded it on my dictaphone. They brought along their own administrator to take notes/minutes too and weren't expecting me to record it. I agreed to send them a copy...

NickJ, sunday 16-Nov-08 11
NumbNuts
Missing cats - give me your good stories
NumbNuts, 3 of November of 2008 at 19:43

Jam's been gone 2 weeks now, with utterly no sign. Anyone got any stories of their cats that went missing for 3 years and turned up at their new house, even if the cat had never visited that you can...

Tauster, tuesday 4-Nov-08 21
Lillythepink
WWYHD - AJ related.
Lillythepink, 2 of November of 2008 at 21:09

Background (as if there's ANYONE who doesn't know! lol) - WillyThePink was previously married and has an almost 8yr old son by his first wife. Ex MrsWTP is quite a difficult person to deal with - she...

Lillythepink, tuesday 4-Nov-08 40
L
Doctor's sick note
Little Girl, 2 of November of 2008 at 19:50

I was given a doctor's sick note last Thursday for the whole of next week. But I feel better now and feel I would be well enough to work - can I go to work anyway? Lisa

Little Girl, sunday 2-Nov-08 4
D
Chilled post box?
Dopper, 2 of November of 2008 at 19:43

Does anybody remember the name of the chilled, secure postal box you can buy so the postie can leave groceries in it? I seem to remember a thread on here once that mentioned it, but can't find it with...

Dopper, sunday 2-Nov-08 227
Evil Yoda
Refusing employment due to Occupational Health.......
Evil Yoda, 29 of October of 2008 at 19:38

My H has been offered a new job. The formal offer is subject to occupational health. He has a couple of conditions and is really worried that they may retract the job offer. Does anyone know how...

Evil Yoda, wednesday 29-Oct-08 6
The Sock Chicken
To all you who are worried about planning too far in advance
The Sock Chicken, 24 of October of 2008 at 12:22

Just found this article too. / / /

The Sock Chicken, saturday 25-Oct-08 11
DaisyDaisy
Weird (facebook)
DaisyDaisy, 24 of October of 2008 at 22:46

My spanish foreign student from last year is now friends with the mother of the child of my mother's godchild..via my facebook - unh?

Nellie the Elephant, friday 24-Oct-08 6
l0vaduck
AIBU - work related -long
l0vaduck, 19 of October of 2008 at 14:09

I've never done one of these before, but I have been mulling this over since Friday and really feel I need an outsider's perspective. I'm specially interested in what schoolteachers think, but...

l0vaduck, sunday 19-Oct-08 11
B
Facebook sickness.
Buffy Somers, 18 of October of 2008 at 16:13

A few 'friends' have posted pictures of an un p.c party one of them had for their birthday. Among the room decorations they had a hanging skeleton, complete with noose, with the sign 'Bridgend'...

Pooh Bear, monday 20-Oct-08 35
Redbedhead
Work suits
Redbedhead, 18 of October of 2008 at 19:35

I have decided I need a few new suits for my return to work from mat leave, partly because I haven't managed to lose my chocolate baby weight and partly because it is looking like I may have to get a...

Croyde, sunday 19-Oct-08 7
bettyb
Northern Rock
bettyb, 17 of October of 2008 at 18:51

I'm feeling a little bit annoyed by the bad press Northern Rock has been getting today. People complained when the government bailed them out with tax payers money. Keen to pay it back they are being...

sarahjl, saturday 18-Oct-08 27
R-A
QQ MOTs - sorry dull
R-A, 17 of October of 2008 at 14:28

Sorry, tried googling and direct.gov.uk but couldn't find the answer. Is it legal to keep a car parked on the road if it isn't MOTd? Mine is due today but for financial reasons I'd rather wait until...

NumbNuts, friday 17-Oct-08 7
Mrs Magic
'An incurable form of athritis'
Mrs Magic, 17 of October of 2008 at 10:59

Apparently that's what Lupus is, according to BBC3. Yes it's closely related to athritis but it's also so much more. It drives me mad when statements like this are made, it just perpetuates the...

Mrs Magic, friday 17-Oct-08 11
barongreenback
Swearing in public
barongreenback, 17 of October of 2008 at 10:59

I fully admit I can swear like an old sailor but it really needles me when people swear openly in public i.e. in the street, gym changing room etc. I have absolutely no idea why I make this...

*ginni of the lamp*, saturday 18-Oct-08 13
Magnolia
Landlords - advice on tenant referencing please
Magnolia, 16 of October of 2008 at 11:53

We are just about to let our flat out as we really need to move & haven't sold despite it being on the market for almost a year. We are first time landlords so a bit unsure of things although we...

peanut, friday 17-Oct-08 15

General groups

Hitched article topics