lisaloulou
lisaloulou

United Kingdom · From January 2007

• Beginner

Discussions

L
Wedding Jewellery
leffers5555, 14 of October of 2015 at 22:12

Good evening! Just a quick question from me - could you please recommend some jewellery companies within the UK - sole traders or the big guys for wedding jewellery. I am a little bit overwhelmed so...

FrankReebig, friday 31-Mar-23 14
C
Bridesmaid presents - what to get?
Cakecake, 9 of November of 2015 at 19:24

Hello! I want to get my bridesmaids a presents to give on the day of the wedding but not sure what to get? Want to get something a bit different and special but at the same time don't want to spend...

Galadrielfinch, thursday 12-Nov-15 14
Charliebob
Which accessories will look best with my dress? *Flash Heavy*
Charliebob, 4 of October of 2015 at 10:36

My dress is rather plain, it has no beading to it at all. I don't know if I should wear the Jenny Packham Acacia set I already have which is this: This isn't me but I would have my hair like this...

lisaloulou, monday 5-Oct-15 8
KJHC
How much for a single stem of hydrangea?
KJHC, 5 of October of 2015 at 12:27

Hi all, I'm currently negotiating flower prices with our florist and am trying to keep BM bouquets to £15-£20 max as they're likely to be forgotten and trampled on soon after the photos! Our florist...

lisaloulou, monday 5-Oct-15 3
K
Where did you get your hair accessories from?
kimster, 15 of September of 2015 at 17:49

Hi all, I need to get on with sorting a hair trial out and am looking to narrow down the search for hair accessories! I want my hair up and really like some of the draped pearl/jewel type accessories...

lisaloulou, monday 21-Sep-15 9
H
Accessorise me please!
HCBao, 7 of September of 2015 at 17:34

Hello lovely ladies of hitched. I have a general idea of what I would like accessories wise for the day, but am not entirely sure... Originally I was thinking a bracelet and statement earrings...

lisaloulou, tuesday 8-Sep-15 4
L
Hair and accessories advice
LizzieBennet, 15 of August of 2015 at 12:23

Hi everyone, I need some help with deciding on how to wear my hair and what sort of accessories to wear please. I had thought I had decided on a dress but now I have found the one it's completely...

LizzieBennet, sunday 16-Aug-15 12
S
I have my dress *flash*
Sondy, 17 of July of 2015 at 21:55

Hi everyone! Just wanted to share a picture of my dress - honest opinions?

Lui, monday 20-Jul-15 15
T
Bridal party robes
Tracey H2b, 19 of July of 2015 at 16:40

Hi all I love all the personalised bits and bobs and was thinking of buying "Bride/Matron of honour / bridesmaid " robes to wear while we are getting ready but the ones I've seen so far are really...

Pure-Treats, sunday 26-Jul-15 8
charlie_rabbit01
Bridesmaids Make up and accessories (dress flash)
charlie_rabbit01, 20 of July of 2015 at 11:25

Hi all So my bridesmaids have asked me how I would like their make up and accessories. I hadn't even thought of this, we are doing our own hair and make up. I'm having my make up natural with a medium...

Ash953, tuesday 21-Jul-15 4
Help to stop tarnished silver jewellery
2016bride88, 8 of June of 2015 at 21:58

Hi ladies, I don't get married til February and I found a bargain for my bridesmaids gifts. I bought them bracelets sterling silver and the lady said to keep an eye on them and to take them out of the...

lisaloulou, wednesday 10-Jun-15 7
M
Wide Fitting Shoes
MrsFitt2B, 20 of May of 2015 at 14:55

Second post of the day! My mum is having a totaly mare finding shoes that fit her. The problem is she has really wide feet. (In the past she has had me put on her size 5 shoes to widen them, I am a...

Zoranra, thursday 21-May-15 9
R
Bridesmaid trio jewellery set
RomanticRedHair152, 13 of May of 2015 at 07:24

Hi all hoping to buy my bridesmaids jewellery this week and have been looking for a trio set (earrings, bracelet and necklace) has anyone come across these sets? I've only seen a couple but not sure...

rockinred40, saturday 16-May-15 4
MrsShep
Slimfast
MrsShep, 29 of April of 2015 at 12:02

Does anyone know if it actually works? And keeps you full enough? There's a deal on it at the moment and desperate times call for desperate measures!

Erin8, monday 18-May-15 23
TreacleTart
Gel nails-is this normal?
TreacleTart, 6 of May of 2015 at 17:47

I had my first ever gel nails done on Saturday, a french manicure, but a few days after n 3 of them look like they're lifting up slightly at the edge on my nail, it's not much I don't think, I'm not...

Ddpunk, friday 8-May-15 18
S
Thank you Gifts
soon-to-be-MrsDennis, 22 of April of 2015 at 21:47

Hi I'm struggling to find ideas that's not too expensive as thank you Gifts for the best men, bridesmaids and my brother who will be walking me down the aisle. I'm not planning on spending a lot of...

Jacqueline, monday 11-Jan-21 10
MrsMac2be
Hair Accessory Wobbles - Please Help Choose?
MrsMac2be, 26 of March of 2015 at 19:57

I first bought this hair comb - Didn't like it, so then I bought this crystal hair band - (not me in picture) but now I'm having wobbles as I have seen this and want it but cant find it anywhere -...

lisaloulou, friday 27-Mar-15 6
L
Wedding Party Gifts
latkins120, 13 of March of 2015 at 12:19

Really looking for some advice with the following ... I have started looking at gifts for the wedding party. I have no idea what to get them. I don't want to get them the standard engraved...

BubbleBees, monday 16-Mar-15 6
samidolls
Jewellery advice for BMs and also hair!
samidolls, 19 of February of 2015 at 20:06

So I am looking for bracelets for my BMs. I bought them earrings today (bargain at £2 a pair)and now want bracelets too. I went shopping with my mum today and it was far too stressful, everything I...

MrsShep, friday 20-Feb-15 4
M
Wedding band for a princess cut engagement ring?
Milly_Bride, 15 of February of 2015 at 18:24

Hey hitchers! We're starting to look for wedding bands and I'm struggling to figure out what I want to go with my princess cut engagement ring! Any other brides out there have this style? What wedding...

Jayla, monday 16-Feb-15 5
MrsV-wasMissB
Mice Cake Topper – help me I’m going mad!!
MrsV-wasMissB, 13 of February of 2015 at 16:31

I’m trying to find a cake topper for my cheese wedding cake that is an ornament/keepsake (i.e not marzipan or knitted thus flimsy!) but can't find anything suitable!! Budget is £25 – all we want is...

littleredfairy, sunday 15-Feb-15 6
pammy67
First fitting, hair and make up trial....flash heavy, sorry
pammy67, 10 of February of 2015 at 17:14

So here you go. Had a rather mixed day. Love my hair but won't be wearing the comb, it's too heavy, but love the vine. Ted baker jewellery no good as it is too dark. So back to the board there. For...

pammy67, thursday 12-Feb-15 32
Barnett2015
What jewellery should i wear with my dress?
Barnett2015, 11 of February of 2015 at 08:53

Just a minor detail i know but with less than 8 weeks to go it is taking up way too much of my brain space so please push me towards a decision! Should i wear a necklace and smaller earrings or wear...

Cache13, friday 13-Feb-15 14
M
Would more be too much?
Miss2Mrs!, 1 of February of 2015 at 15:48

These are our centrepieces.. Taking a while to wrap the ivy round each birdcage! I'm thinking of adding a tree slice under the birdcage (a large round tree slice on top of a small one to raise it up a...

lisaloulou, friday 6-Feb-15 12
Lapland2015
Bridesmaid gifts - what have you chosen?
Lapland2015, 3 of February of 2015 at 21:48

We have just under a year until we get married but want to get pretty much everything done early as we fly the day after Boxing Day (we want a stress free xmas!) so I am starting to think about...

Lapland2015, saturday 7-Feb-15 17
Bride2Bmarch15
My dad 50 died last night 4 weeks before my wedding
Bride2Bmarch15, 2 of February of 2015 at 10:12

It's only four weeks to my wedding day, I'm devastated . he should have been walking me down the aisle but unfortunately cancer got him , I see him on Thursday and if never seen anyone in as much...

Pipsybus, tuesday 3-Feb-15 47
O
Hampshire/Surrey Photographer
older.bride, 15 of January of 2015 at 17:07

Hello, We've sadly just lost our photographer and we're hunting for another. It's a June wedding so time is of the essence. Can anyone recommend a budget photographer in the Hampshire/Surrey area...

lisaloulou, friday 23-Jan-15 10
bliss_balloons
MOTB Gifts
bliss_balloons , 21 of January of 2015 at 11:20

I know this has probably been asked loads before but what's everyone getting their mum as a gift? I don't want to get her flowers because I'd rather give her something she can keep. I was thinking of...

Calella, wednesday 21-Jan-15 4
MrsHindle2Be
forehead bands...
MrsHindle2Be, 15 of January of 2015 at 11:02

Where can i get them apart from etsy? Im looking for one which is just crystals - no pearls... a lot of them i have seen have pearls too! tia xx

lisaloulou, friday 16-Jan-15 3
M
Tiara's and Jewellery
MrsFitt2B, 13 of January of 2015 at 09:59

Lovely ladies, (and gents,) I need your help with the above! I've looked in all the normal places, (Debenhams etc,) and can't quite find anything I like! I can't tell you exactly what I'm looking for,...

3d jewellery, saturday 17-Jan-15 16
TreacleTart
How to stop a necklace slipping?
TreacleTart, 8 of January of 2015 at 19:02

Does anyone know a way to stop this? My OH bought me a locket for Christmas but the clasp keeps sliding round so it end up next to the locket bit, I have the same problem with all my necklaces that...

lisaloulou, saturday 10-Jan-15 5
cinnamon009
A few pics of my day *flashes*
cinnamon009, 10 of January of 2015 at 17:46

Not had the full photos through yet to my full report but our TOG has posted a few on their blog so thought I would give you all a sneak peek.

kharv, monday 19-Jan-15 29

General groups

Hitched article topics