Skip to main content
BespokeTailor
BespokeTailor

United Kingdom · From May 2007

Discussions

S
Suits
Sarah Hennessy, 14 of October of 2014 at 16:01

Hi Everyone Hope you can help! We’re just starting to look into suits and could do with some recommendations / advice. My H2B would like a made to measure suit for himself and hire suits for the two...

BespokeTailor, monday 20-Oct-14 4
H
suits
halechap, 3 of December of 2013 at 21:32

Hello, we were just talking about suits and my H2B said he wants a top hat and tails, if he wears this do the other men in the party have to wear tails also ? we are having a best man and father of...

BespokeTailor, thursday 5-Dec-13 6
*Pugsley*
Made to measure suits
*Pugsley*, 30 of September of 2013 at 21:26

Heya, Has anyone's OH got a suit made to measure before? My OH is looking in to this but he just can't justify Saville Row prices but I'm not sure how much cheaper other tailors would be and whether...

SunnyRedBridesmaid85, thursday 5-Dec-19 15
DaffodilWaves
HIB's - Introductions
DaffodilWaves, 20 of March of 2013 at 20:08

I didn't really know what to title this but thought it would be nice to have a new post where HIB's are introducing themselves and Brides (and Funky) can have a nose at what we do. Might be nice to...

Nutella, monday 25-Mar-13 42
S
OH s outfit
sarah321, 6 of March of 2013 at 21:50

So we have been suit shopping today for OH and found nothing. thing is he normally wears ahorts all year round and isnt one bit into fashion not sure if its just too different. he s quite big...

sarah321, thursday 7-Mar-13 7
DaffodilWaves
Tweed suit to hire or buy - links please
DaffodilWaves, 21 of February of 2013 at 15:59

One of my Grooms is looking for one. Anyone know of places in the West Midlands please?

RomanticBrownCakes82, monday 24-Apr-17 14
P
Mandarin/Nehru Collar Ivory Shirts
PhoenixAngelic, 22 of February of 2012 at 14:12

We have been informed that the supplier of our groomsmen's shirts has gone out of business! Eeek! So we are now on the hunt for ivory mandarin/nehru collar shirts. We would prefer to hire but will...

PhoenixAngelic, friday 24-Feb-12 5
NorthumberlandBride
security deposit - suits (MOSS_
NorthumberlandBride, 18 of February of 2012 at 22:57

So were thinking about getting our suits from moss (quality is LOVELY, service seems good and theres a branch everywhere we need one) but the security deposit is scsaring/confusing me they say the...

BespokeTailor, sunday 19-Feb-12 9
*Ducky*
Groomswear - pocket hankerchiefs
*Ducky*, 17 of February of 2012 at 11:43

Are your H2Bs having these? We aren't hiring matching suits, H2B will be wearing his own 3 piece charcoal suit, with a pale gold cravat. We have also bought 10 matching pale gold ties for all the men...

*Mini*, saturday 18-Feb-12 14
BespokeTailor
I'm Back. Sorry for not being around but if I can help, i'm here.
BespokeTailor, 16 of February of 2012 at 13:43

Hi All, I have been having a bit of a break from Hitched over the last few months. After planning my own wedding last year and living/eating/thinking/drinking/talking weddings every minute of every...

BespokeTailor, thursday 16-Feb-12 17
BespokeTailor
Bargain opportunity. Clearing our old hire stock
BespokeTailor, 3 of November of 2011 at 12:34

Hi guys, This is sort of advertising (I hope its ok). I am clearing out some of the old hire stock and just wanted to let you know, in case someone was looking for a bargain. This is the link, CLICK...

BespokeTailor, friday 4-Nov-11 3
LoveSka
I'm back with a quick FLASH!!!!!!!
LoveSka, 1 of November of 2011 at 21:29

Well fellow Hitchers what more can I say than ''''''OUR DAY WAS PERFECT'''' ? for us ? Tog said our pics will be 6 weeks so here goes with a quick flash of some of our guests pics to wet your whistle,...

Naboo, friday 4-Nov-11 39
W
Normal for a suit hire company to ask for a £200-300 security deposit?
Wherts2b, 2 of November of 2011 at 13:55

As above, to be refunded on return of suits. Not come across this before

BespokeTailor, thursday 3-Nov-11 11
Rod
Profesh pics! sneaky flash!!
Rod, 27 of October of 2011 at 12:45

Got our pro pics back last week! theyre great - sneaky peek as i havent done a report yet!! getting ready with the BM's! My gorge bouquet x you may now kiss the bride! My favourite pic of me and my...

sal.san, friday 28-Oct-11 22
MrsG2B28.7.12
Linen page boy outfits?
MrsG2B28.7.12, 26 of October of 2011 at 15:35

Please help, Something I am really struggling with is where to get my page boy's outfit from. He will be 3 when we get married (so obviously don't want to buy it yet but would like to have it...

MrsG2B28.7.12, wednesday 26-Oct-11 2
BespokeTailor
Time Paradox - Dr Who related
BespokeTailor, 24 of October of 2011 at 21:27

Hi Guys, I know a few months ago someone was on here asking about a Dr Who Jacket. At the time I had no idea where to get one. In true Dr Who style I have found one but probably too late for whoever...

la1510, monday 24-Oct-11 1 499
MrsMac2be
Say Cheese ?
MrsMac2be, 23 of October of 2011 at 14:55

OH and I have just come back from a wedding fayre at the East of England showground, it was rather good there too.. anyway, we spoke to an exhibitor who does cakes made out of cheese to which my OH...

charliechicken, tuesday 25-Oct-11 24
Ali_G
Suits without waistcoats
Ali_G, 18 of October of 2011 at 09:42

I was watching Hollyoaks last night (how educated am I?) and noticed that the males involved in the wedding didn't have waistcoats on and it actually looked alright. I'm not a massive fan of...

Ali_G, tuesday 18-Oct-11 9
tinkerbelly1983
my dad wont wear a suit to my wedding!
tinkerbelly1983, 6 of October of 2011 at 20:05

My sister has just called me to say my dad has said he wont be wearing a suit to my wedding, just a shirt and tie! im devastated! hes going to look awful next to everyone suited up and smart. he is so...

tinkerbelly1983, friday 7-Oct-11 29
helenparki
Formally Yours Suit Hire
helenparki, 6 of October of 2011 at 15:21

Hello, Has anyone used the website www.formallyyours.co.uk - they have a large selection of mens suits for hire for just £57. Sounds too good to be true really so thought I'd see if anyone else has...

Browny, thursday 6-Oct-11 6
tinkerbelly1983
anyone else winging it....
tinkerbelly1983, 6 of October of 2011 at 08:03

....with their first dance? we have not practiced at all. we are dancing to the power of love by huey lewis & the news and we were never going to have a full on choreographed dance but trying to...

pandorasbox, thursday 6-Oct-11 12
Little Pixie
Suit hire company trying to charge me!
Little Pixie , 3 of October of 2011 at 11:42

When my OH tried on his suit the night before the wedding the trousers were a bit too long. They got a bit muddy. My Dad took them back on the monday and the man in the shop said there was a tiny hole...

BespokeTailor, thursday 6-Oct-11 8
cookiekat
OM's Question - wedding night
cookiekat, 2 of October of 2011 at 20:08

Now this may be a personal but..... got to ask somewhere! MY H2B think the wedding night is going to be the hottest steamiest night ever... he is already hugley disappointed that I wont be wearing...

sapphire_22, thursday 6-Oct-11 42
G
50's wedding - London
Gingerlover, 4 of October of 2011 at 18:16

Hi guys, I am planning my 50's style wedding for next year. On Saturday 8th October this year, me and my chef bridesmaid are hitting London to take a look at some dresses at Vivienne of Hollaway... we...

Iheartbuttons, friday 7-Oct-11 10
L
Groom's father..
l6ah, 4 of October of 2011 at 21:07

Hey! Im new to this web site! looking forward to looking around Im getting married in the dominican Republic June 2012.. I have a quick question, does the father of the groom wear the same as the...

MacyLil, thursday 6-Oct-11 16
Storky
Gurzle's budget thread
Storky, 5 of October of 2011 at 13:53

Got me thinking about honeymoon budgets. What would you class as a big budget honeymoon? In terms of your own honeymoon, would you spend the same amount of money on a holiday or have you increased...

Little Madam, thursday 6-Oct-11 52
*Mini*
Mini is home from Mini-Moon and now an OM! **Flashy Flashy Flashy**
*Mini*, 1 of October of 2011 at 17:55

Feels like forever since I have been on here but just thought I would pop by and say that I am back after a fab few days in Morrocco and an even more fab wedding- last Saturday was everything we...

Red Baroness, thursday 6-Oct-11 40
Rod
I'm Married!!!! FLASH!
Rod, 4 of October of 2011 at 10:25

Well everyone....we had the most perfect day...weather was amazing, atmosphere was great...I got my gorge hubby and now we're off on Honeymoon today! Here's a few little fashes from friends fb pics!...

lisaloulou, tuesday 4-Oct-11 18
Natalie2011
HELP WITH A COMPLAINT...SUIT HIRE *edited*
Natalie2011, 3 of October of 2011 at 15:55

Just writing a complaint to the company from whom who hired our suits (reputable, well known outfit which will remain un-named until they have the opportunity to respond to my complaint) We had 4...

Natalie2011, tuesday 4-Oct-11 8
BespokeTailor
My last post as a Hitcher (flashy)
BespokeTailor, 13 of September of 2011 at 21:35

From now on I will be a HIB only. (albeit a lazy one who hasn't been around much ?) I never really got a chance to write a report. I have been snowed under at work since the wedding. I just sat down...

Helenia, friday 16-Sep-11 11

General groups

Hitched article topics