Skip to main content
C
ClareM

United Kingdom · From September 2008

Discussions

C
How do you cook rice?
ClareM, 13 of October of 2008 at 16:14

I'm absolutely rubbish at cooking rice because it always ends up really stodgy and horrible but I'm sick of using Uncle Ben's microwave stuff. It's expensive and actually not that nice because it all...

kewbride, monday 13-Oct-08 31
Chicken
Holidaying with a hitcher
Chicken, 13 of October of 2008 at 15:57

Anyone done this? You married dudes don't count.

cariad, tuesday 14-Oct-08 37
T
Flight check in times
The Nightmare before Lois, 13 of October of 2008 at 09:15

We are taking my mum and stepdad to Heathrow on Friday. My mum doesn't seem to be able to give me a straight answer as to what time we need to get them there. They're flying to the US, the flight's at...

ClareM, monday 13-Oct-08 8
KB3
Bargainous shopping trip
KB3, 10 of October of 2008 at 15:02

I popped to Marks & Sparks to see what was on offer for their two can dine for £10 promotion this weekend. The shelves were practically empty so instead I had a nosey in the kids department. I...

clair_de_lune, friday 10-Oct-08 5
HeidiHole
Take That Fans (haters can do one)
HeidiHole, 10 of October of 2008 at 09:23

The first play of their new single Greatest Day is going to be played on Radio 1 at 8.15am Monday morning, it's going to be introduced by The Barlow himself! Squeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaal ?

vicbic, friday 10-Oct-08 18
C
BT Vision
ClareM, 9 of October of 2008 at 12:16

Does anyone have it? Is it any good? We can't have a sky dish in our flat so I've been stuck with freeview for 2.5 years. I noticed on the BT advert for the TV that there was a clip of Lost. Does that...

Bells, thursday 9-Oct-08 5 705
C
Disney on Ice
ClareM, 9 of October of 2008 at 08:58

Is it very wrong to go without children?

sarahjl, thursday 9-Oct-08 7
C
Decent bar on (or very near) Charlotte Street, London.
ClareM, 8 of October of 2008 at 16:08

Me and the girls are having dinner at Roka to celebrate a special birthday and will be having drinks in the bar beforehand but we'd like somewhere a little less expensive to have a drink beforehand....

MrsB, wednesday 8-Oct-08 3
R
Stuck for ideas - what birthday gift should I ask for?
RachelHS, 8 of October of 2008 at 15:21

I'm stumped. It's my birthday at the end of the month, and my husband wants to know what I'd like for my birthday. He's given me no indication of budget, but I tend to be a cheap date and feel guilty...

MrsJames, thursday 9-Oct-08 9
Knownowt
Gymsters/fitness types- minimum one can do?
Knownowt, 2 of October of 2008 at 12:24

At the moment I do 3 x 1.5h sessions at the gym every week, generally an hour's cardio and 30 minutes weights and stretching etc. I've taken on some other commitments and would really like to drop...

ClareM, wednesday 8-Oct-08 8
Mrs Vineweevil
I need a can't fail cookie recepie please......
Mrs Vineweevil, 8 of October of 2008 at 13:28

I must learn not to burn my cookie attempts in my fan oven, but even those unburnt one's aren't always that great, any suggestions???

Sazert54, yesterday at 10:40 10
GMT
Updside down Christmas trees
GMT, 8 of October of 2008 at 12:19

Https://www.johnlewis.com/ Why would anyone want an upside down tree? I don't get it!

geekypants, wednesday 8-Oct-08 7
Clairy
Upside down screen
Clairy, 8 of October of 2008 at 10:58

My bloody cat has just trodden on something on the keyboard, so my screen has gone completely upside down. It's V frustrating. Any idea on how to rectify it, bloody fluffy fleabag.

Katchoo, wednesday 8-Oct-08 5
C
Pay Pal question
ClareM, 7 of October of 2008 at 15:07

If you pay for something through paypal with your credit card and you don't get the product you paid for do you have any kind of insurance to get your money back?

Melancholie, tuesday 7-Oct-08 4
Chicken
I went for a run at 6.45am
Chicken, 7 of October of 2008 at 09:39

Ha, suckers - I can feel smugger than you. Maybe.

Mrs Winkle, tuesday 7-Oct-08 54
Iris
Londoners (needy)
Iris, 7 of October of 2008 at 12:47

I'm going to be darn sarf over the weekend. I'm doing the royal parks half mara. As I'm staying until monday I wondered if anyone fancied a short notice meet maybe sunday late afternoon/early evening...

SophieM, tuesday 7-Oct-08 28
jelly baby
Anyone spent Christmas with "just the 2 of us"
jelly baby, 6 of October of 2008 at 16:49

Christmas is turning into an absolute nightmare this year. I was so excited as it's the first time in 11 years I have known more than a month beforehand that I'm going to be off work and actually in...

MrsB*star, tuesday 7-Oct-08 50
Emsy Truff
Has anyone played pub golf?
Emsy Truff, 6 of October of 2008 at 15:19

Disclaimer **I understand the dangers of binge drinking and am not recommending this as a good idea to anyone and will almost certianly regret my stupidness the morning after this event**disclaimer...

Old Nick Esq., monday 6-Oct-08 29
SophieM
Quick London food help please
SophieM, 6 of October of 2008 at 10:49

Can anyone remember what the latest minging international fast food brand to open a shop on Oxford Street was? Not Beard Papa, but something similar? I'm sure I remember reading about it and thinking...

ClareM, monday 6-Oct-08 4
Hello Sunshine
Talk to me about Ugg boots - fake or otherwise
Hello Sunshine, 3 of October of 2008 at 15:30

I really want to love my fake uggs but jaysus are they uncomfortable - I find myself shuffling rather than walking because they're so sloppy. Are there any out there that have any kind of support for...

flissy666, thursday 22-Jan-09 35
HeidiHole
When Hitched and real life collides
HeidiHole, 3 of October of 2008 at 15:52

If you realised a Hitcher was a FB friend of a RL friend of yours, would you say anything? This is all hypothetical by the way ?

Knownowt, friday 3-Oct-08 14
R-A
Kids: when and why?
R-A, 2 of October of 2008 at 14:28

Clearly BT related but that place scares me! So, Hitchers, lend me your gobs. If you're already a parent - when did you have kids and why? (relationship? age? career? money?) Would you change anything...

deliciousdevilwoman, wednesday 8-Oct-08 319
Duck
Sorry boring - hotel recs in/nr Soho
Duck, 3 of October of 2008 at 15:02

Anyone? Cheaper the better, just need a bed! ? in advance.

Crookshanks, friday 3-Oct-08 4
A
How cheeky would/could you be when booking travel?
alison76, 3 of October of 2008 at 12:46

I know Martin on the MSE pages says to barter but I've not done this before with travel agents. We have a very good price for a flight to bangkok and onwards to koh samui from travelmood. Flightcentre...

kezzybabe, friday 3-Oct-08 7
C
University initiations
ClareM, 3 of October of 2008 at 14:33

I've just been reading an article on the BBC website http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7646891.stm and wondered if anyone here had been through an initiation at Uni?! I don't think I'd be able to go...

Jasper, tuesday 28-Mar-23 14 4,833
Secret Lemonade Drinker
Cheap Weekend
Secret Lemonade Drinker, 3 of October of 2008 at 10:50

Hello, hello - this week has been crazy with training and all sorts (not the liquorice ones) so I feel a bit bad just coming on here to ask a question and not contribute more, but swings and...

July, friday 3-Oct-08 22
nelops
Superglue remover.
nelops, 3 of October of 2008 at 11:59

Does anyone know if this will this remove it from oak furniture? I have 4 blobs on my sideboard, god knows how its happened. TIA!

cariad, friday 3-Oct-08 4
Redbedhead
Credit card payments
Redbedhead, 3 of October of 2008 at 09:23

How long does a retailer have to process a credit card transaction to your account? Is it unlimited or is there a 6 month period (similar to cheques) where they have to process it or it becomes...

kezzybabe, friday 3-Oct-08 5

General groups

Hitched article topics