Skip to main content
adgabe
adgabe

United Kingdom · From July 2010

Discussions

M
Hunsbury Hill Centre: anyone else?
MOMB, 10 of June of 2013 at 20:26

I'm sure I've spotted a couple of other Hunsbury planners on here but have lost them. Would it be worth us sharing a thread for ideas? OH and I are all about the bunting! Booked a live band and an...

Lorns, tuesday 17-Mar-15 157
adgabe
How long did you wait for your dress?
adgabe, 31 of October of 2014 at 13:29

Hi all! Just a quick questions really... I chose my dress a while back and was told at the bridal store that, as it is made to order, it would take around 16 weeks to be ready. I am not panicking...

adgabe, monday 3-Nov-14 11
L
experiences of finding THE dress please?
leffers5555, 29 of October of 2014 at 07:18

Hi ladies. Just looking for experiences of finding the dress. Did you find in the first or tenth shop you went in? Did it still daunt you to say yes to the dress even though you knew it was the one?...

leffers5555, saturday 1-Nov-14 39
Mummy2Ebony
Gutted at price of photographers
Mummy2Ebony, 3 of August of 2014 at 11:10

☹️ I have been looking around and contacting wedding photographers in the area and i am not getting very far at all!!! Except or a feeling of deflation - dont think i am going to be having any nice...

DrBuffles, monday 4-Aug-14 29
M
OT Post, Photographers Help Needed.
MrsF2Bee, 6 of June of 2014 at 20:55

I'm writing a blog post on my blog and wanting to do a feature on tips for camera shy as simply I am but feel we have chosen a fab photographer. So I'm wanting to know do any of you have any tips I...

Chris Giles Photogra, saturday 7-Jun-14 14
adgabe
Oh, the stupid things bothering me....
adgabe, 5 of June of 2014 at 20:20

My best friend, and sister-from-another-mister, will be walking me down the aisle... So today I put the walking-down-the aisle song on in the iPod and immediately wonder: 1) Is this something we need...

adgabe, friday 6-Jun-14 11
A
As rude as I think it is or fullon bridezilla?
Aykay, 5 of June of 2014 at 20:11

I know it shouldnt be a big deal but something is really winding me up. We are arranging and paying for our wedding. Our invites have our names on,our address,an rsvp card,and a website as another...

bex_boo, friday 6-Jun-14 13
adgabe
Buying a weddng dress online, from abroad - Your thoughts?
adgabe, 31 of May of 2014 at 17:24

Have any of you ladies bought your dress online from a supplier abroad? I have seen a couple of dresses I love but am concerned about reliabilty, the dress fitting itself and materials quality. Your...

terri_cramp, thursday 5-Jun-14 13
*RMD*
I'm heartbroken and just need hugs
*RMD*, 1 of June of 2014 at 13:54

One of my best friends/bridesmaid lost her battle with cancer on Friday. Im so sad my heart is shattered. How can she not be here anymore i just don't know what to do or say

Shely, monday 2-Jun-14 33
M
Needs a hug
MrsMagTB, 28 of May of 2014 at 15:12

Didn't really have anywhere else to put this, and I just need a hug really. My best friend - known each other 20+ years, been through thick & thin (parental death, suicide attempt, mental exes...

adgabe, friday 30-May-14 9
A
How many of you are changing out of your wedding dress??
almostmrsStimpson , 26 of May of 2014 at 11:11

My FMIL gave me a pressie the other day which was lovely. It was a sparkly top in my wedding colour. She said when I changed out of my dress i could wear it and still be colour coordinated. Lovely...

Sash87, sunday 1-Jun-14 31
missmandymoo
Advice: Problem with photographer
missmandymoo, 20 of May of 2014 at 21:49

Hi all, I'm hoping you could give me some advice on what you would do in my situation. With just under 3 months to go until my wedding day, I'm seriously considering cancelling my photographer. When I...

Peter, saturday 31-May-14 31
Dilkara
choosing a colour scheme
Dilkara, 13 of May of 2014 at 11:17

Just wondered how everyone happened upon their colour schemes? I can't decide.

MrsCWB, tuesday 13-May-14 15
adgabe
Fellow photographers... HEEEELLLP! What to do about my own photographer?
adgabe, 10 of May of 2014 at 17:11

Okay, so maybe some of you photographers in this here place had the same dilemma if you were already a professional photographer when you got married.. The *Do I tell?* problem: We are gettimg married...

One Little Daisy, friday 16-May-14 36
adgabe
Asking for cash gift instead of a gift list...
adgabe, 2 of May of 2014 at 18:50

So we have decided, no doubt like many couples, that we already have everything we need in the house - Many items we have two of each, since moving in together... This being the case we want to ask...

emabee, friday 9-May-14 42
AuntieBJ
Miss, Ms or Mrs?
AuntieBJ, 2 of May of 2014 at 16:40

Leading from a previous thread, not because I want to start or carry on an argument, but because I genuinely am interested - which are you planning on being and why? I intend to be a Mrs because I've...

bettybubble, friday 2-May-14 49
SillyWrong
The most ridiculous thing about your wedding ...
SillyWrong, 25 of April of 2014 at 14:01

... that you'd usually be too embarrassed to admit but since everyone else is - you might as well go ahead and admit it??? Mine: My ex is making my wedding cake. My other ex is organising my hen. My...

yorkshirekiwi, friday 2-May-14 165
Sambarine
Photographers
Sambarine, 27 of April of 2014 at 14:51

Hi all - I just need some advice really. My h2b and I agree on almost everything wedding-related, but there is one sticking point - togs. He doesn't see the need for a professional photographer at...

adgabe, sunday 27-Apr-14 9
.A.S.
Slack tog or bridezilla?
.A.S., 21 of April of 2014 at 20:10

Hi all, ill keep it brief. I emailed my tog a fortnight ago saying can we schedule our complimentary engagement shoot as my partner works away and is difficult to pin down for anything, so a Fixed...

.A.S., sunday 27-Apr-14 34
C
Bridesmaid dresses, Northampton/Birmingham
camilla89, 1 of February of 2014 at 18:37

I am getting married in August and have picked my 6 bridesmaids. We are now looking to buy some dresses in the next few months, we are thinking that we will have to get them made to measure as they...

camilla89, friday 2-May-14 8
adgabe
Lost engagement ring stone! Oh, noooooooooo. Now with New *Precious* picture!
adgabe, 11 of April of 2014 at 13:05

So I am sitting in the office, editing photos, and lovingly glance at my engagement ring (something I do a million times per day) when, struck by sheer horror, my blood freezes as I realise that the...

Daisy Bell, tuesday 24-Feb-15 22
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
An important message on Off Topic
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 3 of April of 2014 at 13:14

Girls and boys, I hope I can share this with you over here: https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/p/431845/3538223.aspx#3538223 We very sadly lost a Hitcher last weekend. Please please take some time...

adgabe, saturday 12-Apr-14 35
*J9*
Togs - how easy to add somone into a picture?
*J9*, 10 of April of 2014 at 16:04

How easy is it to add someone into a photo? My tog had a list of photos to take but has missed quite a few. The only one I'm really gutted about is photo with my brother. He's in the main group shots...

Bruce Neville Photog, monday 14-Apr-14 81
JellyBellyBride
How much is too much for a bacon butty??
JellyBellyBride, 10 of April of 2014 at 12:36

Hi All Was speaking to our Wedding Co-ordinator at the reception venue and asked her to quote us for bacon/sausage rolls in the evening with a vegetarian option. We didn't want to go down the full on...

SunnyRedCakes649, monday 29-Aug-16 45
C
anyone not having a 'wedding' dress?
celticcurl, 10 of April of 2014 at 15:39

I'm in my mid forties and first time bride. I can't imagine myself in a wedding dress. I do love dresses though. I plan on looking for a beautiful evening dress instead. Has anyone else not had a...

broganj, friday 11-Apr-14 19
M
Photographer in Surrey
MrsLocheadToBe, 9 of April of 2014 at 08:55

Hi...I've never posted before and have just started planning but am stuck trying to find a photographer that isn't way out of our budget!! We are getting married in Surrey next May does anyone have...

Laura Radford Photog, friday 11-Apr-14 17

General groups

Hitched article topics