Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2014

Hunsbury Hill Centre: anyone else?

MOMB, 10 of June of 2013 at 20:26 Posted on Planning 0 157

I'm sure I've spotted a couple of other Hunsbury planners on here but have lost them. Would it be worth us sharing a thread for ideas?

OH and I are all about the bunting! Booked a live band and an acoustic duo, circus skills workshop, barbecue, ice creams and fish and chips. Really really happy with the venue!!

So please reveal yourselves and lets share ?

157 replies

Latest activity by Lorns, 17 of March of 2015 at 12:36
  • Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

My friend is getting married there next year so I'll be watching this thread with interest!

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

I'm a Hunsbury Hiil girl! I'm so excited. Did you book Impressions for the bbq? that's who we're having plus the live band and a bouncy castle. It really is the most amazing venue... and a bargain too!

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

I'm a Hunsbury Hiil girl! I'm so excited. Did you book Impressions for the bbq? that's who we're having plus the live band and a bouncy castle. It really is the most amazing venue... and a bargain too!

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Oooo this isn't far from me. Looks fab!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Hey Icklefee! So excited you posted twice?

I'm planning on a bouncy castle but haven't booked. Who are you using? I'm in negotiation with Impressions but not decided/confirmed yet. ?

DW, yes, it's a really pretty venue, and ultimately flexible so lots of pretty outdoor/casual weddings there. I saw it in photographers' blogs before my google search actually found their website!

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

yes, I am THAT excited!

My SIL has a friend with a bouncy castle, not entirely sure who they are now that you ask!

It really is the ultimate venue for a relaxed wedding. It was the only one we were brave enough to take the three children to when we went to view and despite going to look on a really wet and misty February morning we still thought it was amazing.

Have you worked out how you go about decorating the tables etc between the room change over?

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds ace.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Sorry Icklefee i realised that I missed a question!

Stuart and Louis will help with your turnaround if you have a simple table scheme, or if you are having cutlery/linens through them. Remember the hire fee includes a coordinator and two barstaff for the whole day.

I will be paying my caterer a little extra to have someone to help out with the room changeovers, as i've now gone off the barbecue idea.

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

cheers for that lovely! I had visions of having to stick my own tealights jam jars out! I'll just box them all for each table and let them get on with it!

• EmmaM88
    Beginner July 2014
    EmmaM88 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did wonder when you said your venue was cheap. ?

I may also throw myself in there and say I am also on 12th July 2014, rather excited....

MOB thanks for clearing the room change over bit up, I was a little scared I would have to get a relative to get it done. Phew! We have impressions booked with Hogroast for day and buffet for evening. Looking to use the grass area for lawn games eg.. giant pass the pigs, giant jenga etc

I am particularly fond of the grass bit around the back of the building, very private for just the two of photos Smiley smile

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ah lovely, you're not long after me then. The back area is beautiful. When we first visited it was mid-winter and a bit bare looking but we went back mid-May to see how it will look in a years time and it was lush. I was only mildly disappointed none of the trees had pink blossom. I had my heart set on pink blossom!

We should have a Hunsbury Hill Bride get-together to compare notes!

• EmmaM88
    Beginner July 2014
    EmmaM88 ·
    • Hide content

I think we booked about Jan time and then went back May time with my mum so she could see it and it looked so much better then once things had grown.

Are you decorating the barn? I was thinking of lights but can't justify the expense....

I can't imagine mine will be that exciting I am aiming to spend less than 5k all in!

We should so have a get together would be awesome!

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

We're not bothering with the decorating, the venue is exactly what I wanted so it seems silly to cover it up. I don't think you need to spend big money to have a beautiful day there. Ours is costing slightly more because I've gone all out with the band and transport. 5k at Hunsbury Hill is probably nearer to 10k in some venues though. It is what it is, a beautiful little barn with a relaxed atmosphere and no airs and graces. Exactly what we wanted for our wedding Smiley smile

• EmmaM88
    Beginner July 2014
    EmmaM88 ·
    • Hide content

I know what you mean, I can't justify huge expense. OH and I aren't exactly flashy with cash or go for the whole 'look at me'. We are more interested in having a laugh and a drink whilst knocking seven bells out of each other playing with inflatable toys outside. Are you not having the ceremony there? I like the fact its a charity so some of the money is going back into the community which I prefer to a hotel chain.

I was concerned with the decorating as I wasn't even going to bother with centre pieces, people aren't exactly going to be sitting down for long are they? Plus we are going to be closer to the max on numbers I don't want rubbish everywhere!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Hello Emma (waves) ?

We're getting married in August. We just need to find a hitcher for June and we'll have the summer covered!

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

we're having the whole lot at Hunsbury,,, but I still needed my transport. It's the one thing i've always dreamed of! I felt exactly the same way about the fact it was a charity rather than a big hotel chain. At least if we're spending a sizeable amount of money someone is benefiting from it.

• karenluke22
    Beginner August 2013
    karenluke22 ·
    • Hide content

I've been to a few weddings at Hunsbury hill centre, they were amazing... We would have gone for it too but they couldn't do my numbers or day.

I love it there. X

• karenluke22
    Beginner August 2013
    karenluke22 ·
    • Hide content

I've been to a few weddings at Hunsbury hill centre, they were amazing... We would have gone for it too but they couldn't do my numbers or day.

I love it there. X

• karenluke22
    Beginner August 2013
    karenluke22 ·
    • Hide content

Oops sorry didn't mean to post so many times. X

• EmmaM88
    Beginner July 2014
    EmmaM88 ·
    • Hide content

Ah I see I got myself a little confused in regards to the ceremony

Haven't sorted transport if the worst happens my dad can just drive me down, I think because it is all in the same place I am not really that bothered.

Does anyone know how it works walking down the aisle, I am assuming you walk in from the side rather than the front or back?

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

you can do either. If you look at pics of the chair layouts on Stuart's facebook page you can see them facing the bar end or facing the big barn door. You can come in the big double door or down the stair case from the mezzanine. I'm thinking i'll avoid the stairs though lol

• EmmaM88
    Beginner July 2014
    EmmaM88 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Think that's going to be one that is dependent on numbers I guess to what I end up doing.

• EmmaM88
    Beginner July 2014
    EmmaM88 ·
    • Hide content

Are any of you ladies on FB or whassap?

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

I'm on Facebook.... constantly!!! lol

• EmmaM88
    Beginner July 2014
    EmmaM88 ·
    • Hide content

PM me on here

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

I can see you're both online so thought I'd update! How are you doing?

I have at last chosen a caterer (yay), booked and paid the deposit for the band. We're over to the centre this week to touch base about PAT testing and liability insurance as we aren't using their suppliers, and to measure up so we don't do too mad (or not mad enough) with the bunting. Just getting the STDs and invitations sorted then I'm putting everything away for a few months. What are your latest bits?

p.s. I only facebook people I know in RL, so maybe we should meet up for coffee sometime? I don't actually live in Npton so would really appreciate local insight/recommendations for minibuses/taxis as we are planning on providing all transport from local hotels for our families and from where we live in East Northants.

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

I emailed them last week about hanging pom poms and no one has come back to me. Most annoying... although not annoying enough for me to remember until you mentioned bunting!

Coffee sounds good. I know a few reasonable taxi companies and minibuses. Are you on the facebook 2014 brides group?

We're a little on the back burner with everything at the moment. No huge purchases because I haven't been working for a few weeks and now that I'm back I need to sort out our holiday. Have started a few of my little DIY tasks to keep myself occupied but the weather is too nice this weekend so we've mostly been enjoying the sun at Abington Park and Salcey Forest.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

We're just back from a music festival: I'd be watching the tennis but the kids have passed out all over the living room and it's too hot to cuddle up together on the one available chair!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at this one. They had paper lanterns so I can't see your pompoms being an issue ?

https://www.aaroncollettphotography.co.uk/2013/02/erin-russ-northampton-wedding/

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

Ooo i've looked at this one before! You know the concrete arches that all the photographers seem to take pics of the couples standing in front of? where are they? H2B thinks i've lost the plot, each time we drive up there I go in search of the concrete arches and cannot find them. Anywhere!!!!!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

I think it's just that photographer and it's not at the venue. There are several on his blog. Have you seen it on any others for HHC? I keep meaning to go and have a look up at the country park or thought it may be Abingdon?

this wedding, different venue: same arches! https://www.aaroncollettphotography.co.uk/2013/03/fiona-tom-northampton-wedding/

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

Now you mention it, I am fairly certain it's Abington Park up by the duck pond. We're going for a drive in the camper vans to have some of our pictures done so I may ask my TOG about this. I do wish I had come across this guy before I booked mine.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics