Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2014

Hunsbury Hill Centre: anyone else?

MOMB, 10 of June of 2013 at 20:26

Posted on Planning 157

I'm sure I've spotted a couple of other Hunsbury planners on here but have lost them. Would it be worth us sharing a thread for ideas? OH and I are all about the bunting! Booked a live band and an acoustic duo, circus skills workshop, barbecue, ice creams and fish and chips. Really really happy with...

I'm sure I've spotted a couple of other Hunsbury planners on here but have lost them. Would it be worth us sharing a thread for ideas?

OH and I are all about the bunting! Booked a live band and an acoustic duo, circus skills workshop, barbecue, ice creams and fish and chips. Really really happy with the venue!!

So please reveal yourselves and lets share ?

157 replies

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

He's based midway between where we live and the venue so would have been very convenient for us but I am a bit put off by his enthusiasm for photoshop (sparkler swirls etc) and the fact that he does take so many couples either to delapre abbey or to wherever those arches are, which make so many of the weddings he shoots look similar. He does know the venue well though (as he blogs it so often!).

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

Out of curiosity, and simply because I'm too lazy to go and find out myself, how much bunting is required? I've had my response from them and I can have it (or [pompoms) as long as I get a professional to hang it!

• *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to poke my nose in to this thread but I'm pretty sure that the concrete arches are at Delapre Abbey. We had our engagement pics there although not by this TOG!

ETA Are these the ones?

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for resolving that one! are you a Northampton bride too Teabag?

• *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content

I am just down the road in Kettering but our TOG was from Northampton. I guess that a lot of local TOGs use Delapre for engagement pics as it is gorgeous but more importantly it is free to park!

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

those are indeed the Arches! I love Delapre Abbey and it's really not far from our venue so I think a little trip down there is definitely in order.

• *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content

Definitely! The grounds are great too so you'll be sure to get some lovely pics!

• EmmaM88
    Beginner July 2014
    EmmaM88 ·
    • Hide content

How have I missed the updates on this thread?

Coffee sounds great however you guys seem to have permissions set so I can't PM you. I am based East of Northampton but used to live there for a few years so know the area quite well. I would suggest MOMB places like Premier Inn Northampton South for guests staying is literally five min drive.

Where is this facebook group Icklefee I can't seem to find it?

As for things to do, giving notice and getting the dress is next seem to have everything sorted pretty much for the year.

MOMB which caterer did you go with in the end?

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

I think I've changed permissions now!

Icklefee we're off for a site visit on Thursday to catch up with Louis so will measure up for bunting then. I'm finalising the caterer after Thursday (just need to check the number of 30a mains circuits) so will let you know then Emma.

Thanks for the hotel tip. We're booking out the premier inn for the weekend I think...more of the budget gone !

It's all coming together at last!

• EmmaM88
    Beginner July 2014
    EmmaM88 ·
    • Hide content

Try the travelodge at Upton Way, Sixfields also as that's about the same distance in the opposite direction as the Premier inn and may be cheaper....

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

We've got most of the premier inn booked for the weekend too!

I think (hope) I've changed my settings now too

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to butt in, another northamptonian here but a bitter old married one! Just wanted to add there is the gtravelodge at wootton too, just off the a45. That's pretty close too.

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

Does anyone have any suggestions for where we can stay the night of the wedding? Most hotels with honeymoon suites are likely to keep them in reserve for weddings actually being held there and Northampton seems a bit limited when it comes to nice hotels.

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Icklefee have a look at highcroft house in towcester. Its gorgeous and really reasonably priced. The couple that run it are lovely too.

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That looks perfect!

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Honestly I'd recommend it to anyone icklefee. We stayed there the night of our wedding and it was fab. Would love to stay there again but can't really justify it being just up the road!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We saw Louis last week and he said he'd send me a plan with dimensions....and then we both forgot! When he sends it through I''ll let you know.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We've booked Adam Bradley Catering. Originally we were planning to go with a barbecue , a fish and chip van run by some friends of ours, and a cheese buffet in the evening done by the venue caterer using our cake of cheese.

We now have street stalls running all afternoon and into the evening with pulled pork served with hoi sin, spring onion etc, seafood paella, veggie paella all served with salads and then in the evening they are doing ploughmans for us, using our cheese and fruitcake but served with hand carved ham, chefs own pickles, hand made scotch eggs and pork pies, selection of breads, and loads of other bits(including a crate of apples, among other things). Their communications have been fab. If the food is half as good as their service has been during the planning process then I'll be very happy indeed.

The ice cream van is coming late afternoon and there will be a pick and mix going on all day. The bar will be free and additionally I'll be putting out giant trugs of bottles of water and bags of crisps.

I'm hoping that no-one will be hungry!

What are you having Emma?

• EmmaM88
    Beginner July 2014
    EmmaM88 ·
    • Hide content

Blimey sounds like my type of food heaven! ?

Nothing as much as that we are on a bit of a budget Smiley sad Hog roast during the day and buffet in the evening. Toying the idea of having a cake table as we both have quite a sweet tooth. Havent really thought that far, trying to put head in the sand at the moment ha!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Hog roast sounds lovely! We only switched from hog roast to barbecue because for our numbers it worked out cheaper, and included some salads, but then the food stalls work out similarly priced for us (or at least only a little more and seemed more choice to include the veggies and pescatarians more easily!). Also I can't eat bread any more (boo) so we wanted to have the salads and stuff so I wasn't eating just a plate of meat!

Hog roast and then buffet sounds really good! Is stuart doing both or have you got the hog roast man doing the first bit? He's not VAT registered yet so you'd save 20% on that straight away.

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

We're just having the bbq running the whole time. For the daytime guests it will be a bit posher and served at the tables but once that's done then it will just be burgers and sausages in the evening. It's working out inc vat at £12 per day time guest and £2.50 in the evening.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

I love the fact that between the three of us we have found three different ways to have informal food at the same venue. ?

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

I love the fact that between the three of us we have found three different ways to have informal food at the same venue. ?

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'll bet all 3 weddings look totally different too. Have you looked at the album on Stuart's facebook page? about 60 different weddings and no two look alike. I'm really excited to see how all of ours come together now xx

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

What is the name of his page? I've never seen it!

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

He's just on under Impressions Caterers.

• EmmaM88
    Beginner July 2014
    EmmaM88 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah will all be with Stuart from Impressions, managed to find their Facebook page.

The venue is so unique anyway so think all weddings would be laid back and informal there.

Speaking to OH we really need to make an appointment at some point in the next couple of months and run through how it all goes on the day with the events team. Seem to need to get things in stone now its less than a year eek!

Another question can we give notice anywhere in Northants or does it need to be Northampton?

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Sorry Emma, i have no idea: maybe ring them and ask. They've always been really helpful to me on the phone.

• EmmaM88
    Beginner July 2014
    EmmaM88 ·
    • Hide content

Feeling quite positive...

Giving notice on 3rd Sept at Wellingborough and got a meeting with Lewis afterwards so try and kill two birds with one stone. Hopefully having OH with me as well will give him some more input as he feels he can't do very much at the moment.

Starting to feel a little more real ?

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Hope the meeting went well Emma ?

Have you both had the email about the wedding fayre? preregister to ********@******************.**.** for a goody bag !!!

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

I got the email but haven't read it yet. I probably should!

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

I wish I hadn't logged onto the site. I'm a little disgruntled to find that a Saturday wedding in 2015 is £400 cheaper than it is in 2014?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics