Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2014

Hunsbury Hill Centre: anyone else?

MOMB, 10 of June of 2013 at 20:26

Posted on Planning 157

I'm sure I've spotted a couple of other Hunsbury planners on here but have lost them. Would it be worth us sharing a thread for ideas? OH and I are all about the bunting! Booked a live band and an acoustic duo, circus skills workshop, barbecue, ice creams and fish and chips. Really really happy with...

I'm sure I've spotted a couple of other Hunsbury planners on here but have lost them. Would it be worth us sharing a thread for ideas?

OH and I are all about the bunting! Booked a live band and an acoustic duo, circus skills workshop, barbecue, ice creams and fish and chips. Really really happy with the venue!!

So please reveal yourselves and lets share ?

157 replies

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

..and I'm doing my own :-)

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

Thanks. Still not heard back after she sent my quote through with incorrect flowers on! Might have to check out someone else If I don't hear by the end of the week.

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

I messaged Sofia today and I am already much more confident about her! Her work looks amazing and she can do the type of things I am looking for. She is also free on my date so meeting next week! Thank you for mentioning her!

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

she really is lovely. I did get cheaper quotes elsewhere and very nearly booked someone else but like you, communication became an issue and I'm just not prepared to deal with the stress of that for something you literally won't see until the very last minute. Sophia got what I wanted, responded promptly and for the sake of £50 difference I think it's worth it.

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I met with her yesterday and actually came out excited about what we had discussed. She was fantastic and her communication has been such a relief. I will be using her as well. I had been uncertain about the look of the day and felt quite 'meh' about it all but am now really happy with how the flowers are going to tie it all together!

Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Just seen Fee's post about it only being 4 months away and realise that I haven't caught up with you all for a while.

I'm back on the planning this week after a couple of months off and suddenly realising I've forgotten everything I'd decided...must go through my notes! I wanted to be working on my dress by now but still have 1.5-2 stone to go. Hopefully by the end of Feb I can be getting on with it.

Otherwise I need to be getting on with the website and designing the invitations. OH has taken on the ceremony music (I tell myself I trust him implicitly, and I do, kind of!). We just need to choose readings.

Until I get RSVPs I can't plan the transport (need to have a list of hotels). I need to confirm the ice cream van and bouncy castle nearer the time, but otherwise it's all little bits that I just need to get sorted in my own mind and then put down on paper so everyone else knows what I'm thinking!

• Lorns
    Rockstar May 2015
    Lorns ·
    • Hide content

Hello

I am completely new to this forum. It has been lovely to read about your plans and ideas for your weddings at the Hunsbury Hill Centre.

Myself and my Fiancé booked the Hunsbury Hill Centre this weekend just gone. We are getting married Saturday 2nd May 2015.

We are in the very early stages of planning...... i.e we have booked the church, the venue and the photographer. That's it.

I am trying not to rush things and get carried away, as we still have just under a year and half to go, so I am just quietly cutting magazines and browsing google images etc.

At what point do you think we will start to discuss room decoration etc with the events team?

I am really looking forward to the Wedding Fair in May, it will give me a real idea of how the shrubs and greenery will be looking by then, so that is a real bonus. Both of our visits to the centre have been on fairly miserable days in November and January so it will be lovely to see it flourishing in spring!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lorns and congratulations on your engagement! I think you are doing the right thing not rushing in. There's loads of time to decide what you want before talking your plans through with Louis.

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

you'll be the Saturday 52 weeks after mine! Scarily, I met the bride who got married there on my one year to go anniversary too! Arrange an appointment to see how it looks all set up for a wedding on 3rd May this year Smiley smile

My invitations start going out tomorrow and I have my first slimming world meeting on Thursday.

I need to book an appointment to start discussing stuff with the events team and with the caterer to start finalising ideas. It hasn't hit me yet that really I need to get a wriggle on with everything. I've been happily plodding along.

• Lorns
    Rockstar May 2015
    Lorns ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow! How exciting!

So they don't mind doing that then? Setting it all up just for us to see it?

Aww so this time next year I will be doing exactly the same... sending out invites!!

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

We're not getting married there but *waves* to the other Northampton brides :-)

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

they wouldn't specifically be setting it up for you to see, they'd be setting it up for the wedding that's being held there that day but would let you have a quick look at it before it starts

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

I'm tempted to pop over and have a look on 3rd May ;-D

I've seen it in feb while being refurbed and it was pretty miserable. I've seen it 'the morning after the night before' when it was pretty clear that everyone had had a great time. I've never seen it dressed up exceptin photos though.

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

please feel free to, any time before 2.30 is grand.... or after 7pm and I won't even know if I know you or not because H2B has invited so many people! I haven't seen it done up either and I think I'm the first of us so I won't have a chance for a sneak preview!

• B
    Beginner July 2014
    Bella Alena ·
    • Hide content

Greetings Hunsbury brides!! 2014, here we come - it's our year and it's going to be awesome Smiley smile

Emma - I am super super excited ... I am getting married the Friday before you!! What are the chances of me finding you in the world of Internet?! Do PM me, may be we could chat about sharing decorations, if our themes are similar? I am thinking of white sails/white pom poms, which is not exactly cheap... And I did worry about having to take it all down before Saturday - but if we liked similar stuff, it could all just stay there for your big day?

Also, I'm intending to DIY quite a bit... Including bridesmaids' bouquets and table centre pieces. Coffee filter roses is the way Togo ladfies - Google it!

Sounds like most likely of you have busy family lives, but let me know if you still want to meet up. I can organise something in Northampton or Leighton Buzzard. I don't have kids (yet!) so probably have a little more spare time. You all sound lovely, so I thought I'd make a suggestion...

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Hi Bella [waves]. I'd be up for meeting up for a coffee in Northampton. If we could do it before May and get the others together that would be even better.

Maybe over Easter time?

• M
    Beginner October 2014
    Mrs Cooke to be :) ·
    • Hide content

Count me in! It would be lovely to put faces to names and have a proper chat ?️☕️?

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

Hello Ladies!

I don't know if I'm telling you all something you already know but we visited the venue today to discover the Derrick Dunn room is currently out of commission due to a fire!! We've been assured that cosmetically it will be fine by May but won't be functioning as a room... so they're providing a marquee instead!! I had no intention of using the Derrick Dunn but am incredibly excited about a free marquee that I wasn't expecting!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the heads up!

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was a little stunned that this wasn't something they'd thought to mention before now, apparently it happened in November! Our pink campervan was involved in a crash and the company were on the phone to us within days (even though I'd already seen it on their facebook page) to let us know and have kept us updated ever since - even offering us a get-out when they were unable to keep her pink and had to re-spray her cream.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

It happened in November but won't be fixed by May? 6 months? Even if the whole lot was gutted I'd expect the room to available within 3 months allowing for it to stripped back to the stone/brick and redone.

Goodness: I'd better get in touch with Louis and find out what's afoot: we are definitely expecting to use it in August and already have plans for the outside space so a marquee can't be an either/or! If they can't accommodate what I've got planned I may have to go Bridezilla (and that is so not me! ;-) ).

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

the marquee is going to be at the side of the house from what I can gather as Louis said I could still use either lawn for the bouncy castle. I had hoped it was going to be down by the bar which would have been perfect for us but since it's an added bonus for me I'm not complaining... although perhaps I should have Smiley winking

• Lorns
    Rockstar May 2015
    Lorns ·
    • Hide content

Yes, I was told it will have a roof within the next few months, but I didn't get an idea of when it will be in use again. We are planning to have a photobooth and they usually put them in that building, and I was told it would be best to put it in the main barn (which I prefer anyway) and we arent getting married until May 2015!? So god knows when it will be a functioning room again!?

The marquee, I wasnt quite sure where Louis was talking about having it, hopefully they set up the marquee for the Wedding Fair in May this year?

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

I called Louis. Goodness that man is so helpful. Honestly he's a real asset to the organisation. Anyhoo...becasue of the listed status they have had to wait for planning permission to reroof and refurb. It should be done outdoors by May and finished completely in June. Either way the marquee (not a gazebo) will be up beside the house (no effect on lawn space) from March until the DD room is all done. The gazebo will be floored and powered/heated as necessary.

If the weather dries up they may even get ahead of schedule but he's not holding his breath for this obviously.

You never know Icklefee, there's a slim chance you'll have a marquee and the extra room: all the hitchers will fit!!

• M
    Beginner October 2014
    • Hide content

Louis told us a few weeks ago that its doubtful the room will be done inside for our wedding in october. He said the outside will be so photos arent affected and the marquee is in front of the offices so nit seen from the barn but I agree it would be good to see it at the wedding fayre x

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

I'm now really excited about having the marquee. I'm thinking I might set up a make-shift photobooth in there and because I decided against hanging anything from the beams in the barn I may now go for the pom poms in the marquee instead.

• Lorns
    Rockstar May 2015
    Lorns ·
    • Hide content

So just to get this right.... the marquee will be behind the high barn? So if you are stood, looking directly at the barn with the bar to your left and the offices up on the right, it will not be in view, it will be behind there?

I'm sure I got, from Louis, that it would be on the other side of the big brown barn doors?

I am so confused!

• M
    Beginner October 2014
    • Hide content

No its behind the house/offices o. The lawn so can see from top car park/entrance and there are steps and a ramp that go round the house n lawn and links back to the path by the door at the toilets end. Hope that makes sense! Smiley smile

• Lorns
    Rockstar May 2015
    Lorns ·
    • Hide content

Ok I think I know where you mean!

Im sure if it will affect us as we are not getting married there until next May.

How is everyones planning getting on for the Hunsbury Hill Centre?

I have just had an appointment with a florist who is really excited about doing the flowers to compliment this venue, very country chic! I have real images in my head now of what it will look like and I am so excited! ??

• M
    Beginner October 2014
    • Hide content

Plans are going well.

Things I've got sorted are:

Dress

Bridesmaid dresses

Ceiling sails and chandelier for the barn

Childrens games and beanbags for kids area aka the marquee

Things to do

Evening catering- dont know where to start with this one its sooo expensive!!

Mens suits

Flowers

Transpirt dor bridesmaids

Honeymoon

Any ideas on cheap but effective ways of ticking these things off the list would be much appreciated!

• Lorns
    Rockstar May 2015
    Lorns ·
    • Hide content

Things to do

Evening catering- dont know where to start with this one its sooo expensive!! - So are you not going with the caterers from the venue? We are having the BBQ in the evening but then we are going with a package so I suppose if you are not going for a package then it will make a difference!

Mens suits - I have chatted to a lady from Suitors Northampton, She was reeeaally nice and I have received a brochure from them and their hire prices seem very reasonable?

Flowers - I have had an appointment with Marion from Bluebell and she is absolutely brilliant. Can't rate her enough! I havent had her quote through as yet but she is such a lovely lady and really takes an interest in your choices and personality.

Transpirt dor bridesmaids - Can't help you there as we havent looked into cars yet!

Honeymoon - Definitely cannot help with cheap! We're going on an African safari and then onto a beach resort so I am sure it is going to veerrryyy expensive!

So far we have Church, Venue, Photographer. That's it! I have everything else lined up ready to book and put deposits down but it's all about money! We know what we want and most things, decisions have been made it's just a case of getting on and booking it all! Smiley smile

• C
    Beginner April 2015
    Cheska1981 ·
    • Hide content

Hi All

My partner and I are thinking of booking the centre and I dont even know where to start..

Any tips/hints and advice would be gratefully recieved.

Cheska x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics