Skip to main content
Welshthistle
Welshthistle

United Kingdom · From February 2010

Discussions

belindacoles
Opinions on an invite "issue" with the in-laws
belindacoles, 27 of January of 2011 at 11:22

Hi all, I am after some opinions on something.... Went for dinner last night with H2B and the in-laws to be, MIL2B was asking about the cost of the evening buffet and said that she would be willing to...

Saisi, friday 28-Jan-11 41
A
om or anyone really starting to freak out lol x
anglefish, 14 of December of 2010 at 09:37

Hi guys, so we have less then 3 weeks to go and iv started to feel really nervous and panincking about things i think the thing im scared about most is the actual ceromony itself. so does anyone have...

anglefish, wednesday 15-Dec-10 12
slinkysarah
Wedding Music
slinkysarah, 13 of December of 2010 at 16:31

Hi just wondering what song people are having for walking down the aisle, signing register, first dance etc? I'm on youtube writing a list and need some ideas!

tonileehall, saturday 7-May-11 31
S
Engraving OH's wedding ring
SuperSpud, 14 of December of 2010 at 12:59

Me and OH decided that I would buy his WR and he'd buy my WR for a bit of fun. My OH is not a blingy / jewellery person and had inititally said "buy me something cheap as I probably won't wear it...

SuperSpud, thursday 16-Dec-10 19
Mellow_Yellow
Help me to choose who will give me away
Mellow_Yellow, 11 of December of 2010 at 21:44

Please help! My Dad isn't around and I had always hoped that my brother would give me away; however, he emigrated 18 months ago and circumstances mean that he isn't going to be able to make it back...

Babybee12, wednesday 22-Dec-10 18
Josiep00
***Good Luck kj82! *** 23/12/2010***
Josiep00, 8 of December of 2010 at 18:39

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! You started mine, and although I was going to wait til exactly 2 weeks before your wedding I got too excited and had to post your Good Luck thread one day early!...

Blonde Viki, monday 13-Dec-10 31
kj82
***GOOD LUCK Josiep00 21/12/10***
kj82, 8 of December of 2010 at 18:15

Hi Josie, I wanted to start your good luck thread so made sure I got in nice and early before anyone else had any ideas!!! I've enjoyed planning alongside you (and getting a bit of wedding envy at...

Blonde Viki, monday 13-Dec-10 33
victoriamarie
Top table - best man & moh partners?
victoriamarie, 1 of December of 2010 at 20:00

Maybe a little early for me to be thinking about seating arrangements but I am wondering what to do about my top table. Traditionally the best man and maid of honor sit at the top table, however...

kelly1988, sunday 5-Dec-10 21
knitting_vixen
random question regarding ceremony itself
knitting_vixen, 30 of November of 2010 at 16:00

Hope I don't sound stupid, but, are you supposed to wear your engagement ring on the ring finger during the ceremony, or do you wear it elsewhere until you have the wedding ring on? I ask as I notice...

Peter, thursday 2-Dec-10 10
Rizzo
Anyone Else Going To Town On Their Wedding?
Rizzo, 30 of November of 2010 at 10:32

I've decided i might as well, because let's face it I'm only planning to do this once! What has made you think 'sod it' you're going to have it anyway?

emmamac73, wednesday 1-Dec-10 43
nanny plum
Are your bridesmaids wearing matching shoes?
nanny plum, 29 of November of 2010 at 19:49

I have four bridesmaids all wearing this dress . I have said to wear whatever shoes they want as long as they are black. What have other people done?

helsbels35, tuesday 30-Nov-10 23
loopyloo80
If you DIY... who sets it up??
loopyloo80, 30 of November of 2010 at 12:13

This confuses me!!! if you create your own centre pieces or sweetie table or whatever else... Who is setting it up for you??? I did think about doing it myself but I am soo anal that I wouldnt trust...

Sherrie H, tuesday 30-Nov-10 15
AmnesiaCustard
Anyone having a simple wedding?
AmnesiaCustard, 29 of November of 2010 at 14:51

Reading all the posts on here it seems that most people are having very complex and detailed weddings with lots of extras. Of course, it is "horses for courses", and everyone has their own version of...

(Claire), tuesday 30-Nov-10 36
kj82
Who's hitching, I mean 'working' from home today?
kj82, 30 of November of 2010 at 08:43

My boss phoned this morning to tell me to turn round and go home. Wondered how many of us are hitching working from home today? I plan on making a kick ass snowman this afternoon, woop!! ps can you...

Katscamel, tuesday 30-Nov-10 23
Soybean
Cakes!
Soybean, 29 of November of 2010 at 19:02

Well just over 3 months to go and still not sorted a cake. Nothing has grabbed me so far and not found a supplier so am in need of some inspiration from you lovely ladies... and AJ of course! so flash...

Sherrie H, saturday 4-Dec-10 24
lauren700
BM hair help!
lauren700, 29 of November of 2010 at 16:16

So, one of my BM's not chief was growing her hair which was all lovely as she and my sister could have the same side up do, not down as mine is down and me and my sister would look too similar. Now...

grace85, tuesday 30-Nov-10 9
Y
Eventually h2b gives some input:-
Yorkbridetobe, 28 of November of 2010 at 23:02

I was making my mood board this evening and I was getting rather annoyed at the fact h2b hasn't given me any input/advice/ideas etc.. About the wedding when he turned and said to me ' We could have...

fizzypop, tuesday 30-Nov-10 28
Philippa_1
Age difference?
Philippa_1, 25 of November of 2010 at 22:54

I'm just being nosey but what is the age difference between you and OH. Their is 1 year and 4 months between me and OH i am older

SuperSpud, saturday 27-Nov-10 52
Flowmojo
The Snow Has Hit The East!!
Flowmojo, 25 of November of 2010 at 12:26

Im in East Anglia and way-hey we have a flurry fo snow showers upon us !! *grabs wellies and heads off outside* ?

SusieWong, friday 26-Nov-10 37
Missus S
Small and intimate or loud and proud?
Missus S, 25 of November of 2010 at 08:00

Would you rather have (or had!) a small ceremony followed by a nice meal with around 15 close members of family, or a large party at a village hall with buffet/hog roast where everyone could be...

Sherrie H, thursday 25-Nov-10 17
KristaltippsHall
Old, new, borrowed, blue?
KristaltippsHall, 24 of November of 2010 at 22:02

Are you incorporating this? and if so how? My new will be my dress Borrowed my best friend's tiara Old I am hoping to have my Granma's brooch on my dress Blue..... I'm stuck!

Pheonix, thursday 25-Nov-10 19
atlonglast
Signing off as a miss for the last time...im so bloody excited..haha
atlonglast, 23 of November of 2010 at 21:06

Right im off ladies and gents... Its been great, especially all the flashes (my fave bits). I will be back with a report and pictures as soon as i get a chance. Thanks for all the help and advice that...

SuperSpud, wednesday 24-Nov-10 16
Pheonix
Has anyone got ides of how I can display photos
Pheonix, 23 of November of 2010 at 16:41

Hi All, I'd really like some photos at my reception, parents wedding photos, engagement shoot, old photos of us and our friends but I don't know how to display them, I'd love small frames scattered...

Sherrie H, wednesday 24-Nov-10 19
L
Wedding video - yes or no?
louisepalmer79, 22 of November of 2010 at 21:02

Okay,I wasn't going to have a wedding video as find them dull and not sure when I'd ever watch it but a lot of people have mentioned I'd regret it if I didn't.... I saw this...

shootityourself, thursday 9-Dec-10 29
CupcakeQueen
How has getting married changed you?
CupcakeQueen, 22 of November of 2010 at 15:34

One for OM's really but anyone feel free to contribute! Apart from obviously being married to your Hubby and having his name, how has marriage changed your relationship or you as a person, if at all?...

bec84, tuesday 23-Nov-10 14
L
just worked out how to * flash* my dress
leannefreddie, 22 of November of 2010 at 17:33

Ive just worked out how to flash, here goes this is my dress, comments please???

The Little Jewellery, tuesday 23-Nov-10 22
Welshthistle
Welshthistle's very belated wedding report - but with a big *FLASH*!
Welshthistle, 9 of November of 2010 at 20:19

So, here goes - over a month after the event but better late than never! Thursday OH had been working away Mon-Wed, so I ended up having to take Thursday off (big thanks to my understanding boss!) to...

Welshthistle, thursday 11-Nov-10 21
Welshthistle
I'm back and married! (with flash)
Welshthistle, 17 of October of 2010 at 11:21

Hi everyone! Just a quick post before I go off to do my report! We had an amazing day - lovely sunny day, unbelievably everything went smoothly, the different factions all got along and everyone...

bec84, sunday 17-Oct-10 17 1,249
Welshthistle
Signing off...
Welshthistle, 30 of September of 2010 at 14:43

Right, I'm off work, have picked up the marriage schedule and the family are landing this afternoon. As far as I can tell, things are sorted (clearly going to jinx it now!). Anyway, just wanted to say...

Browny, thursday 30-Sep-10 4 590
debmci
FAO People making their wedding gift lists soon!!
debmci, 24 of September of 2010 at 12:38

I was in debenhams the other day and they have a special on this weekend that if you register your gift list with them in store you will receive a free bottle of champers! for any of you who are...

Welshthistle, friday 24-Sep-10
debmci
********** Good Luck Thread - NearlyMrsJ - 9/10/10 **********
debmci, 20 of September of 2010 at 20:46

Well its been great getting to know you in your wedding planning, and to share in the October girls planning! Hope you have a fabulous day and that everything goes exactly as you want it! Look forward...

TheNinjaPigeon, saturday 2-Oct-10 36

General groups

Hitched article topics