BertB

United Kingdom · From May 2011

• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

13 of July of 2013

3956days 15hours

Discussions

A
Six weeks til the wedding, one bridesmaid is still without a dress!!
Annabel Lee, 23 of February of 2014 at 23:56

So several months ago, I went shopping with my bridesmaids to choose their dresses. I didn't mind what they picked as long as it was within budget and within my colourscheme. Two out of the three...

BertB, monday 24-Feb-14 4
mariannechuaphotography
A little bit wedding related
mariannechuaphotography, 21 of January of 2014 at 13:34

I've just been ordering wedding albums and having a debate with a friend, how many of you had your photos printed as an album (or I think they call it story books sometimes?) and roughly (if you don't...

Holey, wednesday 22-Jan-14 32
M
Wedding Tattoos
Muppet, 17 of January of 2014 at 11:07

So, I've been toying with the idea of getting a tattoo to commemorate our wedding. Not sure what yet, not names!! but maybe the date.. Any one else doing something similar?

*Pugsley*, saturday 18-Jan-14 14
Tizzie
**2013 Good/Bad/Resolution Thread**
Tizzie, 30 of December of 2013 at 23:06

I did this last year and it was quite a nice way to look back on/say good riddance to the year. List your goods and bads (trying to be positive!) and any hopes/resolutions or things you are looking...

Meltdown, thursday 2-Jan-14 46
Red Kite
I did it (WP ref)
Red Kite, 11 of December of 2013 at 10:29

OK, so this is an odd thing to be proud of but I bit the bullet and sorted out my unworn wedding dress. It had been sat in my friend's wardrobe and I knew it couldn't stay there. Everyone kept telling...

*J9*, thursday 12-Dec-13 34
Mrs Bass
Revenge
Mrs Bass, 10 of December of 2013 at 17:44

Just saw an ad for series 3 'comming soon', excited!

Ohwhatatuesday, wednesday 11-Dec-13 9
Pittabre
Being on your own at Christmas
Pittabre, 5 of December of 2013 at 19:13

A neighbour who is a star and I love her to bits will potentially be on her own this Christmas. Her husband died suddenly in May and her sister died the year before. I am sure she has grown up...

*Teabag*, friday 6-Dec-13 19
~Curley~
Stupid tummy bug *BT reference*
~Curley~, 5 of December of 2013 at 13:24

My lil boy has the dreaded bug!!! Its just awful. hate seeing him poorly and feel so helpless (hes only 6) Also hate the getting up 10 times in the night to clean up sick ? Phoned school this morning...

*MM3*, thursday 5-Dec-13 5
*Mini*
How often do you write?
*Mini*, 4 of December of 2013 at 21:03

Inspired by footers thread in really surprised at the people who don't write very often. I spend whole days writing at work (interview notes, disiplinary meetings) and kind of assumed that's what...

*MM3*, thursday 5-Dec-13 36
amihohu
Not a great year 2013 *sens*
amihohu, 28 of November of 2013 at 13:50

I don't want to say 2013 has been a bad year, since I got married in September, which was the most amazing day, but other events haven't helped 2013s cause! I was made redundant in Feb, and have yet...

SuperSpud, monday 20-Jan-14 47
Bookish
***Charbar16 good luck thread for the 14th of December***
Bookish, 3 of December of 2013 at 13:42

I hope you have an absolutely amazing day and that it is everything you want it to be. Make sure that you come back and flash us all of your lovely photos. We'll be waiting!

Muppet, wednesday 4-Dec-13 30
*Funky*
****Funkys Fabulous Wedding Report (with the odd flash)****Finished!!
*Funky*, 1 of December of 2013 at 22:07

To enjoy the full funky wedding report experience mix yourself a cocktail, don your finest hat or fascinator and let the fabulousness commence! The crux of the matter Juris moved from Latvia to...

*Funky*, friday 4-Jul-14 116
D
Bought my wedding dress today! Officially a Maggie bride! *flash*
dollydimple88, 3 of December of 2013 at 20:11

Me and my mum went back to the wedding dress shop today to try my dress on again before ordering! I fell in love all over again! I was debating over the veil as couldn't afford it really and had a...

dollydimple88, wednesday 4-Dec-13 13
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
Joined-up writing
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 3 of December of 2013 at 14:17

Apropos a thread elsewhere.... Do all of you here write in joined-up writing?

*MM3*, thursday 5-Dec-13 50
Flowmojo
'Party Food' teas
Flowmojo, 3 of December of 2013 at 13:40

Mr F just emailed me asking if we can have a party food tea tonight..you know the kind, carpet picnic tea as some poeple call it..what do you have in yours? I HAVE to have spring rolls..its a must!!...

alyj66, wednesday 4-Dec-13 36
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
Good Luck threads on WP
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 3 of December of 2013 at 12:03

Do they not happen anymore?

Jemima Renrut, wednesday 4-Dec-13 43
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
*****Maldives2013 Good Luck Thread 7th December 2013****
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 3 of December of 2013 at 12:09

Hello Venue twin!!! It is finally your turn. I am soooo jealous that you still have a beautiful wedding day ahead of you in the most perfect place - I wish I was doing it again. I hope you have a...

Maldives2013, sunday 8-Dec-13 33
Flowmojo
Wrapping gifts
Flowmojo, 3 of December of 2013 at 11:39

Are you one of those (like me!!) thats spends a fortune on wrapping stuff and making them look pretty or are you a 99p roll of paper wrap it as quick as you can type of person? I have different levels...

oggers86, wednesday 4-Dec-13 49
stephjbenton90
My first major flash! :)
stephjbenton90, 16 of November of 2013 at 15:05

Okay, so it's about time I put together a few pictures of what my wedding is going to look like! Here goes! The Venue The dress The cake (but the flowers will be more lilac in colour, with a bit of...

Wifey 2 be, tuesday 19-Nov-13 22
BertB
FAO Faye_h
BertB, 1 of November of 2013 at 13:07

Just been nosing on some threads and saw that you are getting married at haughley park Barn. I got married there July this year and hadn't come across another bride on Hitched that had that venue. So...

BertB, monday 18-Nov-13 5
B
Little bit proud of myself :)
beckimas, 12 of November of 2013 at 21:35

Hi, I have just finished making my day invitations and wanted to see what you all thought. They are all mismatch with 8 different papers which will also go with the RSVPs and other stationary like the...

MrsToffee, wednesday 13-Nov-13 26
(Claire)
Driving to the O2
(Claire), 4 of November of 2013 at 12:36

So me and Hubs are off to see the ATP world tour finals on Thursday ? I am beyond excited. Anyway if we were to drive there, where would we park?

(Claire), tuesday 5-Nov-13 10
M
To bra or not to bra - that is the question...
MrsW-to-be, 17 of October of 2013 at 12:43

At my fitting the lady in the shop said that as my dress had a very structured corest that I would be better not wearing a bra and that a bra could spoil the fit and how it sits slightly. I tried it...

MrsW-to-be, monday 21-Oct-13 20
H
Anybody else worried H2B won't like their dress?
Helybel, 12 of October of 2013 at 21:15

So sitting watching tv earlier, OH comments on a presenters dress saying he doesn't like it, dresses with no sleeve that aren't strappy look all wrong....hmm a bit like my dress then!! My mum starts...

BertB, thursday 17-Oct-13 28
*Teabag*
Recommendations for places to eat in/ near the O2, London
*Teabag*, 17 of October of 2013 at 13:19

Please can anyone give me some recommendations for places to eat in or near the O2 in London. We are off there in a couple of weeks time to see Micky Flanagan and will probably get there a bit early...

lil_2014, friday 18-Oct-13 8
*Ducky*
If I like Mulberry handbags...
*Ducky*, 3 of September of 2013 at 14:46

What other brands/shops/designers might I like? I have 3 Mulberrys, but only one I use ALL the time for work. It is a Mitzy Hobo, it's big and I can shove loads in - it is also discontinued. I also...

Helenia, thursday 5-Sep-13 39
BertB
I'm married! Flashes
BertB, 31 of July of 2013 at 12:51

Back from an amazing two weeks in Florida so thought I would put on some pics. We had the most perfect day Here is a link to some of our TOGs photos....

lisaloulou, wednesday 31-Jul-13 22
*Funky*
It's Funkys now 1 month countdown mega **FLASH**
*Funky*, 7 of July of 2013 at 00:29

Venue Invites Cake (Only ours will be different colours) Shoes Evening favour tags Evening favour bags (Will wrap a mini Latvian wine bottle in each) Flower inspiration Honeymoon ...

Kjay, saturday 10-Aug-13 79
Kentish Gal
So very happy!!! We did it, we got married :)
Kentish Gal, 10 of July of 2013 at 03:12

I'll do my report when I'm off honeymoon and work calms down a bit, but thought a sneak preview was in order... My groom was perfect, and although I could quote a dozen little things that went...

Italybride14, thursday 11-Jul-13 32
P
** Good Luck Tray1980 20th July!!! **
Peppr Potts, 10 of July of 2013 at 09:40

Good Luck!!! It's been fab hearing all about your lovely plans over on HOF. I hope you have an absolutely amazing day then hurry back to the OM bench with flashes and tales!!

Mrs C, tuesday 16-Jul-13 16

General groups

Hitched article topics