Randomsabreur

United Kingdom · From March 2011

• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

30 of June of 2012

4337days 16hours

Discussions

MrsBarlowToBe
Odd shaped engagement ring - with flash!!
MrsBarlowToBe, 15 of August of 2013 at 20:22

Hey guys, I'm wanting to go wedding ring shopping soon and I'm worried I'm not going to find a wedding band I like to go with my engagement ring. I always thought I'd have a thick, blingy wedding band...

MrsBarlowToBe, friday 16-Aug-13 5
M
Jaguar XJ wedding car in Essex/Suffolk
melaniejoy, 28 of July of 2013 at 21:23

My fiancé really wants our wedding car to be a Jaguar XJ (the most recent one) and it's proving a nightmare to locate one in our area for hire. Can anyone help please? Thanks!

artisanwedding.co.uk, thursday 1-Aug-13 3
H
Music!
Helybel, 30 of July of 2013 at 13:11

What's everyone doing for their evening reception, band or DJ? This is the next thing we should get booked and we're weighing up the options. A band will probably cost more but may make it more...

The Wedding Singer, wednesday 31-Jul-13 20
M
Inviting guests to Ceremony, Reception but not the Wedding Breakfast...?
MTarpleigh-BrokeB2B, 27 of June of 2013 at 22:28

Another quick question. Our ceremony and wedding breakfast will be comparatively small (less than 70 people) however there will be more people invited to the evening reception. We've kept the numbers...

*MM3*, saturday 29-Jun-13 28
~Curley~
HELP....looking to go away for weekend wedding but dont know where?suggestions please.........
~Curley~, 18 of June of 2013 at 15:35

Hi ladies, After changing my mind a zillion times i have decided that in would like to go away somewhere for the weekend and get married. the only problem is i dont know where. im looking for a venue...

MrsPanda, wednesday 19-Jun-13 17
C
On THE day silly worries...OMs was it an issue
cherrybloom, 31 of May of 2013 at 22:56

So as I lay in bed and the mind wonders about the big day, I have had some random "concerns" for want of a better term and wanted to know from the OM's if they were valid or just plain stupid..so I...

DaffodilWaves, saturday 15-Jun-13 27
slou90
Wedding day underwear? Naughty or nice? If any!!!! X
slou90, 27 of May of 2013 at 20:35

So my mum just bought my wedding underwear! A ivory Lacey thong from agent prov ... It's beautiful! And it should be for nearly £50! I don't need a bra because my dress has one in it... Although my...

msmt, thursday 30-May-13 38
L
Lace that scratches... ouch!
laura02010, 3 of May of 2013 at 12:47

Hi ladies, I tried on my dress last night and I fell in love with it all over again but ouch.... the lace scratches/ rubs against my skin! This was only after a few minutes so god only know what it...

Icklefee, monday 27-May-13 11
B
Flower girl present help
Bride to be Becky from Derbyshire, 27 of May of 2013 at 10:14

Hello , 5weeks on Saturday until we get married and I'm a little stuck on what to buy our 2 half year old flower girl. thinking of spending up to £20. What have you brought/ buying your flower girl ?...

louise fisher, wednesday 29-May-13 9
ATB
FAO: Clarehj - and anybody else having no evening guests!
ATB, 27 of May of 2013 at 09:37

We had mini fish and chip cones and they were very popular. We also had cheese tower and "artisan" bread as part of our picky bits later (didn't have evening guests) Hello, didn't want to hyjack the...

havecreditwillwed, tuesday 28-May-13 17
2013_Bride_
Anyone been to a church wedding where traditional music was NOT used...
2013_Bride_, 22 of May of 2013 at 11:49

Has anyone been apart of a wedding where they haven't played the traditional entry / exit music? We are having a soloist and I, personally, quite like the idea of her singing a song that means a lot...

PinkButterfly, friday 24-May-13 9
B
Afternoon tea instead of wedding breakfast?
bethandmark, 29 of April of 2013 at 09:06

Hi We are at the early stages of planning and looking at food options. We want to get married around 2pm and really want to have a BBQ for our evening food but this leaves us not too much time...

flowersinherhair, friday 3-May-13 29
U
Wedding Video - Practicalities and Pros and Cons?
Ulli, 25 of April of 2013 at 16:09

Can I please ask some (probably stupid) questions and gauge opinions? OH is not much of a help here as he doesn't have strong feelings either way I think. So, my dilemma is: when we started planning I...

Frogface, friday 26-Apr-13 9
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
What would you think "original" at weddings?
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 23 of April of 2013 at 12:33

Apropos of Skeptic's needlessly worried post.... If you were a guest attending a wedding, what would be "new" to you? You have to forget what you've seen here, on blogs or in mags....what are the...

rubyfirecracker, monday 29-Apr-13 70
thefuturemrsreilly
Our Cornwall Wedding 2015
thefuturemrsreilly, 21 of April of 2013 at 23:40

Hello, We are Michelle & John and we are planning our wedding for April 2015 in the seaside village of Perranporth, Cornwall. We have already got our venue's, photographer and florist organised...

Ixia, thursday 25-Apr-13 10
Fran @ Hitched
**Poll about your wedding dress**
Fran @ Hitched, 5 of April of 2013 at 16:11

One the most important decisions, and purchases, that you’ll make during your wedding planning will be regarding your wedding dress. Your beautiful gown may be the most expensive dress you’ll ever...

Jiimanie, sunday 14-Apr-13 32
P
What is a 'cold' wedding like?
punchbowl, 11 of April of 2013 at 10:09

Hi everyone! I recently found my dream venue...its gorgeous and we could get married outside...perfect! Plus, it was a good price and we could afford to get married in the summer so we put a date on...

Amaranth, thursday 11-Apr-13 14
E
Weekday weddings
emilymarie, 25 of March of 2013 at 22:40

Hi everyone! I was curious to know what people thought about having your wedding on a weekday...the benefits being that the reception venue will be £2000 cheaper than if I were to have it on a...

Randomsabreur, wednesday 27-Mar-13 16
2013_Bride_
Brides, what sort of things cropped up 'on the morning'?
2013_Bride_, 26 of March of 2013 at 12:10

Hi, Just curious, but what sort of things cropped up on the morning of your special day? For example, people say there are 'things to sort out' - and last minute 'panics' - but what sort of thing did...

AmnesiaCustard, wednesday 27-Mar-13 32
BrideCummins14
Witnesses
BrideCummins14, 22 of March of 2013 at 16:53

Hi ladies! Just wondered if you knew why the etiquette is as to who should be your witness. H2B thought we could choose anyone? I think it's usually parents? Also - do you know how many? X

PinkLady3, saturday 23-Mar-13 18
N
Church wedding or Civil Ceremony at Venue?
neo_kat26, 22 of March of 2013 at 14:56

Hi everyone, just after some advice. I'm really struggling to decide whether to have a church wedding or civil ceremony at the venue. We and my H2B are not really religeous but my parents are. I think...

Barefoot, saturday 23-Mar-13 18
kezz_howland
Weddings and bags?!
kezz_howland, 22 of March of 2013 at 14:48

Getting married in August and I'm confused about bags!! I have one bridesmaid, and my son and her son are page boys (both 18 months) so we will both needs wipes, nappies and probably a heap of...

JanetJones, friday 22-Mar-13 5
C
Spanish Guitar or Harp
cherrybloom, 21 of March of 2013 at 21:54

So we are thinking of some live music for the ceremony as the OH asked nicely and thought of either of these, what are yor thoughts? Any of the OMs got recommendations or experience?

cherrybloom, friday 22-Mar-13 4
J
WWYD-Honeymoon Clash
Jessie_bride, 21 of March of 2013 at 13:38

Mrs C, thursday 21-Mar-13 26
B
Self-catering wedding venue in Devon
bridetobe14, 18 of March of 2013 at 15:39

Does anyone know any self-catering wedding venues anywhere in Devon, preferably by the seaside? Would be great if the venue had a wedding license as well. Thank you!

TamarValleyGirl, tuesday 19-Mar-13 16
PicklingPie
Vegetarian Canapés
PicklingPie, 15 of March of 2013 at 14:32

Hello, Our venue is not so great when it comes to veggie options, (I'm veggie and so are many of the guests) - however the venue have said that I can suggest some options for canapés and the chef will...

PicklingPie, tuesday 19-Mar-13 23
M
Hotel vs Church
MrsLexiP, 13 of March of 2013 at 11:22

Hi guys, I'm new to this so this is my first post... Me and my partner of 6 years are recently engaged! I still can't stop smiling. He surprised me with the most beautiful ring! I've always wanted a...

*Mini*, friday 15-Mar-13 80
K
Wedding readings are driving me mental !!
kellouloud, 14 of March of 2013 at 19:53

I have 2 girls age 9 and 12 who both want to say a reading and H2Bs son age 12 wants to say something 2 I can't find any poems I like ! They all to soppy or long or not right ! Been looking for weeks...

bridejuly2013, sunday 17-Mar-13 9
2013_Bride_
Church Music Help
2013_Bride_, 12 of March of 2013 at 14:48

Hi All, Our vicar has asked us to decide what music we want for our entrance / exit from church. Bit baffled as I thought they just had the traditional wedding march for entrance (is that only played...

Teal, tuesday 12-Mar-13 8
Skeptical78
Stoopid Wedding Cars...
Skeptical78, 8 of March of 2013 at 11:18

Hey hey. I am having a right mare trying to sort wedding cars. We originally had a VW camper lined up which a friend was going to drive us in, but he *sold* it (rude). All other routes of enquiry have...

Randomsabreur, friday 8-Mar-13 9
Augustwedding13
Invites to Bridesmaids, Best Man, MOTB etc....
Augustwedding13, 8 of March of 2013 at 12:22

Hi Everyone, Hope everyones planning is going well. This might seem like a really obvious questions but are you giving invitations out to your mum and dad, OH mum and dad, bridesmaids, best man, i'm...

Bluebell25, friday 8-Mar-13 4
B
Bridesmaid pashminas
Becky ml, 21 of February of 2013 at 17:25

Hi, I'm getting married in April and I'm looking for some silver pashminas for my bridesmaids. I need a child size pashmina for my 10 year old bridesmaid and I'd like it to match my adult bridesmaid...

Randomsabreur, friday 22-Feb-13 4

General groups

Hitched article topics