• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

21 of March of 2014

3706days 10hours

Discussions

*gnashers*
It's been fun on OT...Unpopular opinions
*gnashers*, 19 of September of 2012 at 16:55

There's been no arguments, it's just been very interesting to read. I shall start. 1) Friends is rubbish 2) Waving the flag of St George doesn't make me racist. 3) Child benefit should be stopped...

*Pugsley*, monday 8-Oct-12 230
Polkadots_and_Pincurls
Am I odd, lol? Hen party opinions
Polkadots_and_Pincurls, 11 of September of 2012 at 13:37

I was reading another post about hen parties, and it just struck me that I must be a little odd, lol. There were so many lovely brides saying they are going on big nights out, big drinking weekends,...

rubyfirecracker, saturday 22-Sep-12 59
Kathryn_Tom
How wide is your wedding band?
Kathryn_Tom, 17 of September of 2012 at 17:27

Hi everyone, I posted a couple of weeks ago about plain or patterned wedding bands. I have since convinced myself I would rather have a completely plain one... however I am unsure as to the width. I...

Selenalee69, monday 17-Sep-12 5
Kathryn_Tom
Wedding Rings... Patterned/Plain & buying online?
Kathryn_Tom, 7 of September of 2012 at 20:52

Hi, After discussing wedding rings with my Mum, she recommended that I get a patterned wedding band as then if it gets scratched you won't see it as much as you would on a plain band. I see where...

MetalBride, sunday 11-Jun-17 5 4,151
Kathryn_Tom
Yucky flu... go away!
Kathryn_Tom, 2 of July of 2012 at 17:13

Hello lovely people, I hope that everyone is well. Unfortunately I have been in bed since last Thursday with the flu. I can honestly say I have had colds and sniffles and tummy bugs in my life but...

Kathryn_Tom, monday 2-Jul-12 251
stephanieeff
Is it Just me...
stephanieeff, 14 of June of 2012 at 18:12

...or are the majority of clothes that are made for the lager chested ladies almost always fifties inspired? And am I the only one getting more riled up with the high street every shopping trip I...

weemee, friday 15-Jun-12 12
kyanya
Weekday weddings - more guests declining?
kyanya, 11 of June of 2012 at 08:28

After being given the go ahead by the vicar on Saturday, we've provisionally booked for Friday 14th June next year. This will save us a minimum of £700 with the reception venue compared to a Saturday...

tinks269, monday 11-Jun-12 21
Kathryn_Tom
Wedding Insurance?
Kathryn_Tom, 28 of May of 2012 at 23:46

Have any of you lovely people got wedding insurance? If so, who did you go with and what does it cover? I've looked at a few websites but not entirely sure if some policies cover venue cancellation....

Catx1606, tuesday 29-May-12 11
Kathryn_Tom
Church or Civil Ceremony?
Kathryn_Tom, 1 of May of 2012 at 21:22

Hi all, Haven't been on here for a while... trying to expand my business/sell a house/plan a wedding/live in two places at once. Life is a rollercoaster! OH and I found a lovely venue a few weeks ago...

Little Pixie, wednesday 2-May-12 17
smazzy_smoo
****2014 Brides List**** 490 brides so far!
smazzy_smoo, 19 of March of 2012 at 18:04

Thought I'd start a 2014 list seeing as there are more of us now! So let me know if you would like to be added ? January 2nd - Trigirl 18th - Chippet 25th - Darth Lucy Total = 3 February 1st -...

emabee, thursday 12-Jun-14 905
T
Hello I'm new (ish)
Tishy, 3 of April of 2012 at 18:00

Hi, I've been lurking around the forums for a little while (since I got engaged end of Feb), but haven't actually posted anything, so Hello! I'm getting married on 3rd November this year in the North...

Kathryn_Tom, tuesday 3-Apr-12 9
Kathryn_Tom
April 2014... feels like I'll be waiting forever, found my dress but is it too soon?
Kathryn_Tom, 3 of April of 2012 at 12:36

Good afternoon lovely people. Hope everyones plans are going well and you're enjoying every moment. I went dress shopping for the first time yesterday with my Mum and sister. Loved every single minute...

Kathryn_Tom, tuesday 3-Apr-12 6
Kathryn_Tom
Any good venues in Hampshire... affordable ones?
Kathryn_Tom, 12 of February of 2012 at 19:44

Hi I don't suppose any of you out there can suggest any lovely looking yet affordable wedding venues that have either packages or deals. Spent all day with the OH looking for other venues to try and...

moonpie1985, sunday 12-Feb-12 1 793
smazzy_smoo
Advice please!!
smazzy_smoo, 30 of January of 2012 at 20:55

I'm getting married in June 2014, and so far have just booked the church and been to one wedding fayre. I spend so much time on here now that I'm getting really tempted to look at wedding dresses....

Kathryn_Tom, tuesday 31-Jan-12 8
Shtix
Advice? please and thankyou ^.^
Shtix, 30 of January of 2012 at 18:34

Me and OH are having a very small wedding 12 guests in total my Mum, Grandad, Dad, Stepmum, Sister and Brother OHs Mum, Stepdad, Nan, Grandad and 2 Brothers Both BILs live with their grandparents BIL...

Shtix, monday 30-Jan-12 6
soon2bmrsRB
table names?
soon2bmrsRB, 30 of January of 2012 at 16:05

Just wondering anyone is naming their tables and if so what aee you going with? just want to get some ideas as the venue we are viewing on sat will name the tables lol x

Pink Han-bag, sunday 8-Apr-12 69
Kathryn_Tom
Wedding Timing... how is your day planned out?
Kathryn_Tom, 26 of January of 2012 at 20:20

Evening... Trying to get my head around venue rental and catering but one thing always depends on another. So basically just wondering how is your wedding day set up? Early wedding and make a full day...

irrelephant, friday 27-Jan-12 15
venart
Do you know your H2B's likes and dislikes re: dresses?
venart, 26 of January of 2012 at 19:19

As it's tradition for the groom not to see the bride on the wedding day before the ceremony, and not to see her in her dress, I'm assuming no groom ever gets any input into what his bride picks out....

ruby_tuesday, sunday 29-Jan-12 20
mummymrs2b
How many guests do you have day & night time?? Managing numbers?
mummymrs2b, 23 of January of 2012 at 17:46

I really did just 'guess' my numbers when looking round venues after doing a quick list up to get a rough idea and now gone back to it and there's so many people! It's not how many the venue will hold...

NickiK, tuesday 24-Jan-12 17
-
Is anyone else going to the wedding sale?
-Vanessa-, 23 of January of 2012 at 16:07

Girls I'm going to the wedding sale this weekend to look for bargain dresses and accessories etc, is anyone else going? I know a few people who have been before and got some gorgeous stuff! It might...

-Vanessa-, tuesday 24-Jan-12 4
Kathryn_Tom
*Message in a bottle* Table Centre Pieces... keeping costs down yet trying to be creative!
Kathryn_Tom, 23 of January of 2012 at 12:50

Ok so just brain storming for now. Thinking of having pink and green as colour theme - shabby chic kinda thing. Was discussing table centre pieces with my (incredibly creative and crafty) sister last...

Kathryn_Tom, monday 23-Jan-12 10
Nenas
mass alterations of dress *Flash*
Nenas, 23 of January of 2012 at 15:41

Dress is a sale dress, bought as a size 16 and has been taken it to fit my size 6/8 frame. Was quite nervous when I went for the first fitting but the lady has been fab. Had my second to last fitting...

Nenas, tuesday 24-Jan-12 5
friya123
Wedding insurance - any recommendations?
friya123, 23 of January of 2012 at 12:58

I've no idea who to go with! I know Hitched recommends Ecclesiastical but since I've never heard of them, I'm not sure. Any thoughts, ladies? x

Country Flower, wednesday 25-Jan-12 11
venart
Venue officially booked!!! *FLASH*
venart, 23 of January of 2012 at 15:06

I know I've been posting here as if it was already decided, but I have a confession to make: I was still visiting other venues as my OH wanted us to have more choice before deciding!! Absolutely NONE...

venart, monday 23-Jan-12 16
born2fly
born2fly, 21 of January of 2012 at 15:52

Any other 2014 brides out there? lil miss bridezilla here has already booked her venue and written out guest lists and changed her mind on themes 100 times in the last 2 months!

Disneynut14, wednesday 18-Jul-12 34
S
a little upset
staceylynch6, 21 of October of 2011 at 20:55

Sorry for this moan but just needed to vent as got quite upset today which isnt like me Im getting married next september but am also a bridesmaid for my friends wedding which is in july next year....

beady, saturday 22-Oct-11 7

General groups

Hitched article topics