• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

5 of November of 2011

4578days 13hours

Discussions

S
Hair extensions
sugarloaf, 18 of June of 2012 at 01:09

Quick question, and way premature given I've only just planning for a wedding in December 2013- but does anyone have a sort of idiot's guide to hair extensions? I never thought I'd need them- I have...

nicadele, tuesday 19-Jun-12 9
rachel2012
Ranting!!
rachel2012, 6 of June of 2012 at 16:57

Sorry need a bit of a rant, and H2B is still at work.. So after going to church on Sunday we got told that we needed to go to our parish church to get our bands read, this in its self is fine but when...

rachel2012, friday 8-Jun-12 32
grace85
China Dresses??
grace85, 28 of January of 2010 at 21:33

Hey Ladies, I've been looking into getting a china dress but need some reasuring! If all turns out well i'll have the dress of my dreams for a fraction of the cost. Just wondering what people's...

*Mini*, monday 14-Jan-13 32
B
Anyone worried about children ruining their day?!
BrogstarBride, 18 of April of 2012 at 20:16

Is it just me who is panicking about whether the children at our wedding breakfast will misbehave?!! We have to invite children to our sit down meal as its close family. However there are 9 boys from...

oggers86, thursday 7-Jun-12 70
M
Do We Need An Evening Buffet?
MAG2FMC, 19 of April of 2012 at 11:00

All our guests are coming to both day and evening. We are serving canapes, 2 course dinner, and dessert (it will be a dessert table). My guess is that the dinner will begin sometime around 5:30. Do we...

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, tuesday 5-Jun-12 21
M
Will you have any tattoo's on show on the day?
MissMeaghan, 12 of April of 2012 at 14:32

I have been considering getting a sentence/phrase down my spine recently. (Will be very pretty and girly and feminine) so I think it will compliment a wedding dress rather than stick out like a sore...

stella1026, tuesday 5-Jun-12 38
moonpie1985
Engagement ring spend tradition gone crazy?
moonpie1985, 10 of April of 2012 at 20:11

So when I was little I used to hear people saying the traditional thing to do is for a guy to spend a months salary on an engagment ring. That was a lot of money to me, so when I then heard people...

*Mini*, tuesday 20-May-14 120
mummymrs2b
Whos setting everything up for the wedding/reception?
mummymrs2b, 10 of April of 2012 at 18:50

I'm in a pickle about who actually sets up things for the wedding? I'm looking at favours and table decorations and cake etc etc, but we're getting married there then out of the room, for drinks...

50's pin up bride, wednesday 6-Jun-12 19 1
S
Chinese mail order wedding dress - wedding dresses love.net
SRoper79, 9 of April of 2012 at 15:12

Hi I would be very grateful for any advice - I found a lovely wedding dress on weddingdresseslove.net for under £200. It seems too good to be true. Has anybody bought a dress from this website or can...

RubySky, sunday 16-Dec-12 30
MrsT-tobe
Wedding dress budget?!
MrsT-tobe, 5 of April of 2012 at 20:55

Just a quick question, What have you all decided is your wedding dress budget? I was being very sensible originally and trying to keep the costs down as i was only wearing it once but after looking at...

mikshake84, tuesday 5-Jun-12 72
rachel2012
vows. Traditional or writting your own?
rachel2012, 30 of May of 2012 at 11:20

Hi just wondering what people are doing/done in reagrds to there vows, cant decide if I want to keep it all traditional and just use the good old fashion ones or if I want to write my own, although if...

Helenia, wednesday 30-May-12 14
S
Online wedding dresses
shiningfaery, 28 of May of 2012 at 09:59

Is there anyone who has or is buying their wedding dress or bridesmaids dresses online? I want to save money and get the most out of my budget but am feeling a bit hesitant buying online as I wont get...

Alohabride, wednesday 30-May-12 8
K
Florist - can I get away without one?
Katybear, 29 of May of 2012 at 21:31

So all of the major stuff is booked - venue, band, caterers, dress. With this wedding quickly hurtling over £20k do I really need to buy overpriced flowers? Is it worth it? I kind of just want to go...

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, wednesday 30-May-12 12
Kathryn_Tom
Wedding Insurance?
Kathryn_Tom, 28 of May of 2012 at 23:46

Have any of you lovely people got wedding insurance? If so, who did you go with and what does it cover? I've looked at a few websites but not entirely sure if some policies cover venue cancellation....

Catx1606, tuesday 29-May-12 11
C
Do I get married abroad or stay in the UK?
Chloerose, 7 of January of 2012 at 16:13

Hey guys! I am planning my wedding and dont know whether to go abroad or stay in the UK! Help! What do you guys think? What are the pros and cons? Whats cheaper? Please get back to me asap! Thanks for...

brenda.hu, tuesday 5-Jun-12 13
Nutella
Whats your groom and his merry men doing the morning of the wedding?
Nutella, 26 of May of 2012 at 11:37

It's a pretty busy and tight schedule for us ladies but what is your groom and his guys/family doing? Any particular tasks you're allocating to them - are you giving them a checklist? What time are...

BertB, tuesday 29-May-12 29
jjsmum
Did anyone buy an online dress with great results??
jjsmum, 20 of March of 2011 at 20:15

Just wondering if anyone bought a dress from China (or wherever!) and had great results? Pics?!!! : ) Many thanks ; )

weilee, wednesday 30-May-12 37
B
Anyone not having a Hen?
Baytree, 20 of May of 2012 at 21:14

Hey all, hope your plans are going well!! I was just wondering if anyone out there isn't having a Hen do? I'm not a big drinker or dancer so clubbing has never been my thing! I don't have a big group...

Sabriel, tuesday 29-May-12 46
F
Sunbeds: how do we feel?
Future Mrs Chuckles, 22 of May of 2012 at 13:54

So I'm pale, I always have been and probably always will. I can't seem to keep a tan, ever. As much as I quite like my complexion, I feel like it would be nice to have a bit of colour on the day for a...

Trouble_gb, monday 28-May-12 34
O
Midweek/Off season weddings
oggers86, 20 of May of 2012 at 21:23

Hello!! First thread/post so bit of background.. Me and my fiance have been together 5 and a half years and for the last year and a half have been talking seriously about marriage. We finally moved in...

oggers86, wednesday 30-May-12 25
BadgerBeetle
Things to ask the Vicar?!
BadgerBeetle, 27 of May of 2012 at 21:09

?! We have just spoken to our very lovely Vicar, and arranged to see him in a month or so. What do I need to ask him?! So far, all I've got on my list is: 1. How much does the church cost? (we FORGOT...

Catx1606, monday 28-May-12 10
kyanya
Church weddings - what's your connection to your chuch? And how far's your reception venue from your church?
kyanya, 21 of May of 2012 at 16:25

We're in the process of planning our wedding, which was originally going to be a civil ceremony as I'm not particularly religious and my parents have supported my decision to not get married in a...

Bride to be Becky fr, tuesday 22-May-12 34
M
how much is too much for hen night?
maxinegallie, 16 of January of 2012 at 19:43

Hi hitchers I could do with some advice please. Having to start thinking about hen do (mainly so I at least get some say in what happens lol). I was hoping for a spa/treatment /pamper type thing with...

50's pin up bride, saturday 10-Mar-12 22
Poppyseed
Village Hall Receptions
Poppyseed, 13 of January of 2012 at 13:33

Those of you having a Village Hall for your Reception, how are you planning to decorate it? I'm off to look at a Hall tomorrow and it would be good to have some mental ideas of what could be done with...

Barefoot, saturday 10-Mar-12 7
M
Is it impolite/cras
MrsRainbowtobe, 9 of January of 2012 at 21:12

Do people ask you how much your wedding is costing? What do you say? Is it wrong to tell people who much it has cost? I feel uncomfortable telling people but I know friends have gladly told anyone who...

Barefoot, saturday 10-Mar-12 30
delerious_chicken
MONEY!!!!
delerious_chicken, 4 of March of 2012 at 19:09

Hi All, I have just joined here today! I got engaged to my OH in 2002 (aged 18)......we are now thinking of the wedding!!!! Just wondering how people decide on a budget? We are not going to have any...

Maltey, friday 9-Mar-12 11
skyrocket
How do you deal with the stragglers?
skyrocket, 4 of March of 2012 at 15:51

So we sent our invites start of Jan and I gave (stupidly) 2 and a half months to RSVP. Way too long and now we have just a week left till deadline and about 12 people still to RSVP. Of these a couple...

debs35, saturday 10-Mar-12 10
L
Anyone else not really fussed about a hen do?
LeicesterBride, 8 of March of 2012 at 12:15

I'm under quite a bit of pressure to sort a hen do. I'm not having bridesmaids so it would be up to me to organise. This isn't an issue in itself, but if I make the effort to plan one I want people to...

Catx1606, friday 9-Mar-12 12

General groups

Hitched article topics