Skip to main content
MartinC Photography
MartinC Photography

United Kingdom · From January 2012

Discussions

H
first dance
HappyIvoryCakes771, 13 of February of 2017 at 14:33

Im just wondering what you thoughts are on having 2 first dances a song each chosen by the bride and groom? id think this woujld be a great idea each choosing a song that means something to dhow the...

Chapples, wednesday 22-Feb-17 4
B
haggling with suppliers
Blondie_bride, 4 of February of 2017 at 20:39

Hi, How is everyone getting on with haggling with their suppliers? I am having a right nightmare, my wedding date is 14th July so quite a popular date...the venue is knocking nothing off their price,...

BrideintheToon, saturday 18-Feb-17 13
Twigz22
Groupon Deals (Glasgow venues?)
Twigz22, 1 of January of 2017 at 19:46

We were due to be married in Italy in July but sadly my mum's taken ill and can not fly and we need to push the wedding forward. We are trying to find a cheap wedding package in Glasgow and browsing...

DreamsComeTrue2015, monday 9-Jan-17 2
L
Groupon Venue
LibbyMay94, 27 of December of 2016 at 21:35

Hi, I've finally got round to starting planning! While looking at venues with my bridesmaid I found a groupon for a venue that I had previously looked at but was out of my budget. Has anyone booked a...

LibbyMay94, friday 30-Dec-16 2
TrixieSaurus
Still no photos... how long did yours take?
TrixieSaurus, 30 of September of 2016 at 13:23

Hi All, We've been super patient with our photographer, but other than the preview collage I posted (which took 3 weeks!) we haven't seen any photos yet. Wedding was 6 weeks ago now, and I'm beginning...

Mrs_Conduct, thursday 10-Nov-16 48
MrsR2B18
Has anyone used Smooch for they're wedding rings?
MrsR2B18, 24 of October of 2016 at 13:18

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of Smooch for their wedding rings? I want a wedding ring to fit my shaped engagement ring and I have seen Smooch at a few wedding fairs but have read mixed...

ExpensiveGreenFlower, thursday 31-May-18 7
H
Wedding Photos - Do over?
HCBao, 5 of September of 2016 at 15:15

Bit of an odd one, but it's been on my mind since we got our photos. We got married in April, and had for the most part a wonderful day. It took 2months for our photographer to send us the photos. Her...

NoMoore, thursday 15-Sep-16 7
W
Photographer in Leicestershire
Womanonabudget, 6 of September of 2016 at 15:42

Hi I am looking for a versatile photographer to photograph a wedding in Leicestershire. Whilst I want nice photo's I don't want to pay a premium price. I would prefer someone who will work outside the...

Artemis Fox Photogra, tuesday 6-Sep-16 2
E
Help! What's my role?!
ExpensiveYellowBridesmaid661, 26 of August of 2016 at 11:29

Morning all! New to the forum, and in desperate need of help. I've got no idea of how to plan/partake in my friends wedding. Here's the background - I've been asked if I'll be best man (chuffed!),...

MartinC Photography, sunday 28-Aug-16 3
P
Help - Booking dates - where to start?
PaigeMarie93, 25 of August of 2016 at 12:02

Hi everyone I'm very new to this wedding planning lark and am after some help! We will be getting married in a church but are unable to meet with them to get a date until the 12th September - ideally...

FutureMrsTz, tuesday 30-Aug-16 8
S
Wedding Photographer in Berkshire?
sharon0001, 9 of August of 2016 at 21:00

Hi all, Can anyone recommend a good photographer for Berkshire area? I'm getting married in July 2017, and am on a budget (isn't everyone!). I don't want too many photos - only a small handful of...

Cihan Aksoy, friday 26-Aug-16 4
S
Photographer
SunnyIvoryFlowers677, 29 of July of 2016 at 09:07

Hi! I'm Jess and I'm 30 years old. I'm a bride to be. We're getting married next year, but I would like to plan everything to the dot. I am now reviewing a few photographers, but I haven't decided...

MartinC Photography, friday 29-Jul-16 1
C
Questions for photographers?
CantwaittobeMrsDavies17, 17 of July of 2016 at 21:46

Hi all! We're meeting with 2 potential photographers this week which I'm very excited about. Am planning on asking to see their work from weddings at a similar time of year (getting wed in November)...

Peter, tuesday 19-Jul-16 10
katieJ2b
Photographer going bust and insurance claims?
katieJ2b, 9 of July of 2016 at 01:18

Hi everyone, some of you may remember my post of a few weeks back where I had a change of heart about my photographer for various reasons. Anyway, she responded to my emails and agreed to a full...

MartinC Photography, saturday 16-Jul-16 21
Mrs_Conduct
Father Daughter Dance
Mrs_Conduct, 7 of July of 2016 at 14:15

Hiya, OM's and Brides to be did you/are you having a father daughter dance? I thought this was traditional but now I'm not too sure. My dad and step mum commented last night that it's a bit odd - I'm...

thespectrumband@hotm, tuesday 12-Jul-16 13
E
Photo printing- photographer help please?
ExpensiveOrangeStationery250, 6 of July of 2016 at 12:41

Hi i get married later this month in Italy (22 days!!). We have a photographer out there who will do our editing, but he just sends the photos through on disk. We really want them professionally...

ExpensiveOrangeStati, wednesday 6-Jul-16 2
C
Wedding insurance - best of the bunch?
CantwaittobeMrsDavies17, 16 of June of 2016 at 12:55

Hi all Am looking for your recommendations on wedding insurance please - have heard great things about John Lewis but I remember seeing a previous thread on here with someone rating Debenhams. Just...

MartinC Photography, thursday 16-Jun-16 2
M
What would you do? Events co-ordinator left!
Mrs-Riley, 2 of June of 2016 at 11:18

This is probably going to be a bit of a pointless post, but I'm in a bit of a tizzy and want to make sure I'm doing all the right things. Just emailed my events co-ord at my venue to arrange the next...

RachD90, friday 3-Jun-16 6
M
The 'golden hour' - photographers?!
Much_ado_about_weddings, 28 of May of 2016 at 08:54

Hi all, Here's a photography question; my photographer provides 'all-day' coverage, which, according to my contract, is from bride and groom preparations from 9am, until first dance at 7:30pn (my...

rach_217, wednesday 1-Jun-16 14
L
Word of warning- invoiced for guests bringing in own booze
lazybride76, 25 of May of 2016 at 20:38

Hi All Just wanted to flag up something I wished I'd addressed with our guests before the wedding Unknown to us on the day, as we didn't spot it (I'd have stopped them if I did), but several of our...

MetalBride, friday 27-May-16 19
Miss-b
Picking a DJ
Miss-b, 25 of May of 2016 at 10:52

How have people picked DJ's for the evening if they have one? Did you just do research online or did you go and see them in action? I've been in contact with the preferred DJ for our venue, he is a...

Karen84, thursday 26-May-16 7
Pinguin
Engaged
Pinguin, 16 of May of 2016 at 17:05

A pointless post but last week I got engaged and now i'm starting to look around at planning and found this site - so hello we are thinking about late August or early September next year, so far I'm a...

Mrsjones2024, saturday 21-May-16 7
C
Unplugged Weddings. Are you?
chloereynolds, 30 of April of 2016 at 11:45

What are peoples thoughts on unplugged weddings? Are you going to ask guests to not take photos? If so how? I'm having a small ceremony so am thinking of politely asking people to not take photos...

lousammi, friday 20-May-16 15
M
wow wedding
MrsGtobe2017, 8 of May of 2016 at 21:28

So getting married and seeing the brides dress etc. is all a wow moment at a wedding, but aside from the expected what do you have planned for an extra wow for the guests? I've been thinking I want...

ExpensiveBrownDiamon, sunday 22-May-16 16
ElephantSmile
Videographer: worth it? any budget options?
ElephantSmile, 15 of April of 2016 at 19:25

Hello! This is (sort of) my first post, I was here a while ago (4 years maybe??) when I first got engaged but wasn't very active and mainly lurked about. Me and my lovely other half are (finally!)...

MrsScott2be2018, tuesday 19-Apr-16 14
R
Photographer amd Videographer
rusticbride90, 24 of March of 2016 at 11:59

How much are you paying for photographer and videographer and what do you get for this price? Just wanting to see if we are paying too much or getting a good deal. Its the 2nd most important thing to...

rusticbride90, monday 28-Mar-16 22
NorthernLights
Wedding Venues in Derbyshire Heeelllpp.
NorthernLights, 7 of March of 2016 at 11:19

Hi Guys, Right at the start of our wedding planning and need some help! We're looking for a venue, my parents would like us to get married in Derbyshire which is totally cool.... However, My partner...

Knockerdown, tuesday 30-Nov-21 10
H
Wedding timings
HappyRedFlowers501, 4 of March of 2016 at 20:17

We found or perfect venue last weekend ( a small barn + chill out tipi in the gardens), and have just had the T+Cs through...music has to stop by 10pm and guests leaving at 11....as it is in a small...

KatJo, sunday 6-Mar-16 4
E
Photographer Rant ??
ExpensivePinkCars201, 22 of February of 2016 at 14:40

Hi everyone, I'm not usually one for ranting on a forum but this has made me MAD! I saw a picture of our photographer at a wedding fair yesterday and she appeared to be very pregnant. Didn't think...

Tidal Wave, thursday 25-Feb-16 24
M
Photographer
Mrswilltobe17, 5 of February of 2016 at 15:16

A good photographer is really important to me but I also have a budget in mind and that is important to me too. I really want someone to be artistic, take natural pictures and mingle into the...

Bruce Neville Photog, wednesday 17-Feb-16 41
Miss-b
First dance, yay or nay?
Miss-b, 21 of January of 2016 at 10:38

My OH and I were talking about this last night! We are planning on having evening entertainment, so either a DJ or singer as hire of the dance floor is included in our package. My OH isn't keen as he...

Aspenlady, sunday 31-Jan-16 19
H
Photographer query
HappyYellowConfetti469, 12 of January of 2016 at 10:07

Hi all! I have been with my partner for a decade and we decided on a whim late last year that we should get married. We aren't planning a proper wedding but would still like to have some memories from...

Chris Giles Photogra, tuesday 12-Jan-16 8

General groups

Hitched article topics