• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

27 of September of 2014

3523days 16hours

Discussions

S
12 o'clock wedding
Slink, 8 of January of 2016 at 15:41

I booked my registrar today (yey). I had wanted to get married around 2pm, I've been to a few weddings at this time and thought it was well spaced out. So did everyone else who is getting married so...

Love&Lavender, tuesday 12-Jan-16 11
B
Post Box/Basket/Tray Name
BrownRose, 21 of October of 2015 at 11:57

Hi all, With just under a week left before the BIG DAY, most things are sorted, but I really need your advice. We decided not to have a post box, and instead are using a really lovely shallow wicker...

BrownRose, wednesday 21-Oct-15 3
L
Dress shopping - with flash
Leelee85, 21 of June of 2015 at 11:41

Happy Sunday! Yesterday me, my mum and my maid of honour hit the shops to find my dress. I was quite anxious about dress shopping because a. I am 6ft tall and was worried all the dresses would be too...

Leelee85, wednesday 24-Jun-15 8
M
wedding cake
Miss-KEM, 3 of June of 2015 at 08:37

My biggest problem so far is finding a wedding cake. I'm not wanting anything too ott just something quite simple - 3 or 4 tiers with maybe a few flowers. The prices i've been quoted seem a bit much....

Vicki2015, monday 8-Jun-15 19
C
Hen weekend - tartan night - what to wear?
celticcurl, 27 of April of 2015 at 18:53

My hen weekend is in just over 2 weeks. I've been informed today that we are having a tartan night and everyone has to wear something tartan. I'm assuming this is in honour of my OH who is Scottish....

celticcurl, wednesday 13-May-15 14
Love&Lavender
Pink Margaret Veil for sale - unused
Love&Lavender, 28 of April of 2015 at 15:37

Hi all, I have a chapel length veil in antique white (my dress was ivory) made by Pink Margaret for sale. I didn't wear it as unbeknownst to me my Mum had bought me the one I tried on in the bridal...

S2BMRSB, friday 8-May-15 880
Love&Lavender
Wedding dress storage (post wedding!)
Love&Lavender, 27 of April of 2015 at 15:57

Hi all, How did you all store your wedding dresses after the day? I am looking at wedding dress boxes but they seem so expensive and look like a normal box! Has anyone got one like this:...

CrazyRatLady, tuesday 28-Apr-15 4
C
flip flop basket
conway13, 25 of April of 2015 at 13:58

Hi im thinking for my reception having a flip flop basket for the guests. Ive seen some on ebay £48 for 20 flip flops im sure i can do it myself for cheaper. Buy a wicker basket and get some cheap...

daisymoo86, monday 27-Apr-15 9
Skinnyrock
Living by yourself
Skinnyrock, 18 of November of 2014 at 17:24

Since splitting with my husband earlier in the year I've been living with my parents. I get on with them really well and they are more than happy for me to stay as long as I need. However living at...

leni-lw!, thursday 20-Nov-14 14
*J9*
Take That
*J9*, 13 of November of 2014 at 11:49

I'm so excited! My mum rang me this morning to say she managed to book us tickets to see them in London next June! YAY!! It'll be a bit strange not having Jason there but I'm sure they'll still put on...

Love&Lavender, friday 14-Nov-14 12
Erin8
A question about resignations
Erin8, 11 of November of 2014 at 21:38

I am having issues agreeing my last day at work with my current employer. I handed my notice in on the 22nd October 2014 and l need to give 4 weeks notice. They are saying my last day is Wednesday the...

*Mini*, wednesday 12-Nov-14 12
pink & glitz
who has started Christmas shopping?
pink & glitz, 7 of November of 2014 at 22:09

I have done half of mine without leaving the house and very proud of myself as I got all of it in the sales!! Christmas cards written too! X

kharv, wednesday 12-Nov-14 19
Erin8
Driving experiences?
Erin8, 9 of November of 2014 at 20:41

Does anyone know anything about driving experiences? I am thinking of buying Mr Erin one for his birthday present. I have found one for £97 to drive 2 super cars. Is that a good deal or not?

Hoddy, wednesday 12-Nov-14 7
Pompey
Weekly Good / Bad thread
Pompey, 7 of November of 2014 at 11:45

Hello all - Lots of vibes and hugs to anyone who needs them. Good - It's Friday Bad - I have a hideous cold and feel poo Good - Fireworks party at Mum's tomorrow for Nephew's bday. Hotdogs, soup and...

pink & glitz, friday 7-Nov-14 13
Love&Lavender
Room for a little one?
Love&Lavender, 27 of October of 2014 at 16:32

Ok... so the little one part isn't strictly true! One month after the wedding, I have definitely been over indulging. Anyway- hello all, now my days of wedding planning are behind me I am hoping to...

Erin8, wednesday 29-Oct-14 9
Love&Lavender
Hand tied bouquet vs shower bouquet price
Love&Lavender, 8 of September of 2014 at 11:37

Hi all, I was originally going to have a shower bouquet and was quoted a price for this. I remember the florist at the time mentioned they are expensive as the flowers have to wired. I have since...

overtherainbow, monday 8-Sep-14 5
CBeckford
Wedding rings in London
CBeckford, 4 of September of 2014 at 11:09

Hi all, Are there any London brides who have already bought their rings? We're going to start looking around soon but I'm at a total loss as to where to start! We're not after anything mega flashy,...

YellowDuckie, thursday 4-Sep-14 7
Love&Lavender
Tipped over the edge...
Love&Lavender, 4 of September of 2014 at 12:26

Hello, I am currently absolutely snowed under at work doing two people's jobs and am most definitely a woman on the edge... I was just tipped over by the following: We are having a coach take our...

alabastamasta, thursday 4-Sep-14 4
A
September 2014 Brides :)
Abi<3, 14 of September of 2013 at 17:31

Is anyone else getting married in September 2014? How far are you with your plans for the day? Abi

MrsShep, wednesday 15-Oct-14 1,335
J
Flip flop basket, hurricane vases, vintage mirror ory and pink delphinium confetti with whicker basket for sale!!
JGavin87, 10 of July of 2014 at 21:52

I have 4 bags of ivory and pink delphinium confetti for sale. I bought it for my own wedding but unfortunately it rained and I didn't get to use it. It comes with a whicker basket. i also have a flip...

HappyPinkStationery2, sunday 21-Sep-14 26
Soon2bMrsSmith
Wearing Engagement ring
Soon2bMrsSmith, 10 of July of 2014 at 20:42

Hi Everyone! I'm a newbie this might sound a silly question but does everyone wear their engagement ring all the time day and night?

MrsCWB, sunday 13-Jul-14 41
Hmcx
Navy blue bridesmaid dress help
Hmcx, 26 of June of 2014 at 09:21

With only a month to go and a million things to do still, I've decided I don't like the bridesmaid dresses anymore. My sisters says that they are too casual and the guests will be better dressed than...

Love&Lavender, thursday 26-Jun-14 14
Love&Lavender
Phase Eight Wedding Dresses
Love&Lavender, 11 of June of 2014 at 14:11

In case it helps anyone- Phase Eight have a sale on at the moment and they have quite a few wedding dresses included in this ?

katie80uk, thursday 19-Jun-14 5
Love&Lavender
Picking up wedding rings tonight
Love&Lavender, 10 of June of 2014 at 14:09

A fairly pointless post I am afraid... we are picking up our wedding rings tonight and I am really excited. Although rather nervous as I dithered massively when ordering! Have any of the other...

BAMS, wednesday 11-Jun-14 7
S
Cash bar no card payments
SunnyYellowConfetti64, 29 of May of 2014 at 13:19

Hi there, We're providing arrival, table and toast drinks but after that guests will pay for their own drinks. I'm trying to find a way of wording that our venue will only take cash payments at the...

nemi, friday 30-May-14 5
Love&Lavender
Kenya honeymoon
Love&Lavender, 16 of May of 2014 at 08:06

Hi all, We recently booked our honeymoon- 4 days in Kenya on safari and 10 days in Zanzibar. Having seen the news this morning, I am worrying! Has anyone else got a honeymoon booked to Kenya? We...

Liz210284, sunday 18-May-14 17

General groups

Hitched article topics