• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

10 of August of 2013

3938days 6hours

Discussions

L
Good bad thread
LalaC1988, 8 of September of 2015 at 07:41

Let's have a (I know it's only Tuesday!!)} good bad week thread. What's going off in your lives over the last 7 days!? Good:- we've finally moved into our new home, the sale of our old house goes...

KinkyBride, friday 18-Sep-15 25
zoe@hitched
What music did you/will you have at your wedding ceremony
zoe@hitched, 4 of September of 2015 at 11:53

Hi and happy Friday! I'm working on a piece to inspire couples choosing their wedding ceremony music. If you could let me know what music you had or are planning to have at your ceremony, I'd love to...

MagicEdit-Videos, sunday 4-Oct-15 34
E
Buying a House Together Before You're Married/Engaged
ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257, 5 of August of 2015 at 04:38

After talking to my British FI and friends, I've realized there's a big gap between Americans and Brits when it comes to buying a home. It seems like everyone in the UK is very eager to get on the...

Charles, saturday 7-May-22 11
zoe@hitched
Proposal stories for a feature on hitched - UPDATED with link!
zoe@hitched, 6 of May of 2015 at 14:30

Hi! I'm working on a feature for hitched about proposal stories - and I'd love to include yours! If you'd like to be included in the feature could you please tell me how your other half proposed...

zoe@hitched, friday 15-May-15 59
kizzi10000
Hair/make-up Salisbury area
kizzi10000, 29 of January of 2015 at 16:48

Does anyone have any recommendations? Haven't been to a salon in years (my sister cuts my hair twice a year when she visits from Hong Kong ?), and have never had my make-up professionally done, so...

kizzi10000, thursday 29-Jan-15 1
M
can people flash their table plans?
murphy88, 2 of November of 2014 at 21:21

I know everyone loves a good flash :p Can anyone flash me their table plans/ table names I've looked on pinterest but nothing is catching my eye! Thanks!

Rebeccafcr, tuesday 4-Nov-14 6
Chucklevision
waxing... talk of lady parts
Chucklevision, 20 of October of 2014 at 17:40

So today I put my big girl pants on & had my first Brazilian wax/legs/underarms in prep of the wedding. Waxing is something I've always intended on doing & always put it off. Not sure what I...

KLP, friday 24-Oct-14 27
TheFutureMrsB
Anyone worried they will be blubbing their way through the wedding ceremony?
TheFutureMrsB , 4 of October of 2014 at 22:16

I've always been a fairly emotional person but since meeting my H2B I've got worse. If I hear a song that means a lot to us or will be incorporated into our wedding I well up. What am I going to be...

x-talie-x, wednesday 8-Oct-14 17
kharding2014
Rain :-(
kharding2014, 28 of September of 2014 at 09:06

Yesterday I checked the weather forecast for next Saturday and it was going to be 21 degrees and sunny. I woke up and checked this morning and it's now saying 18 and rainy but with Friday and Sunday...

katie80uk, monday 29-Sep-14 12
What is your job? And why?
*CrazyCatLady*, 11 of September of 2014 at 14:40

As you may know from a previous post, I am soon going to be relocating to Cambridgeshire/Suffolk/Hertfordshire area. I think it will give me the kick up the bum I need to really think about what...

TwoDucks, thursday 18-Sep-14 66
C
First Dance. What are you having? Anybody else having a Metal Song?!
CristaMB, 13 of August of 2014 at 18:14

Hi, We both like so many different genres so we're having a mix of funny YMCA type stuff, disco, rock and whatever the True Blood soundtrack is! First dance: Metallica's Nothing Else Matters as our...

CristaMB, thursday 14-Aug-14 17
Chucklevision
anyone getting a bespoke dress? advice please.
Chucklevision, 26 of July of 2014 at 16:21

Is anyone getting their wedding dress specially made? I'm toying with the idea as I haven't found anything I like so far. But I have no idea on whether or it would fit within my budget. I'm after a...

Laura Ellen Photogra, monday 28-Jul-14 10
AuntieBJ
If you could be anywhere in the world right now...
AuntieBJ, 16 of May of 2014 at 11:18

Where would you be? Egypt What would you be doing? Having a holiday, seeing the pyramids and sailing down the Nile, acting like a total tourist and enjoying every second Who would you be with? The OH...

Missmadgiggles, monday 19-May-14 19
SillyWrong
The most ridiculous thing about your wedding ...
SillyWrong, 25 of April of 2014 at 14:01

... that you'd usually be too embarrassed to admit but since everyone else is - you might as well go ahead and admit it??? Mine: My ex is making my wedding cake. My other ex is organising my hen. My...

yorkshirekiwi, friday 2-May-14 165
L
What song are you walking down the aisle to ....?
LYONS2BE, 12 of February of 2014 at 20:46

We are really struggling to agree, up wants something up beat. We are having the best day of our life by American authors to walk out too, but struggling on walking down.

MrsG_to_be, sunday 23-Feb-14 25
Akrigg
How many guests?
Akrigg, 21 of November of 2013 at 10:04

I'm being nosey ?? How many guests are you inviting. We don't have many friends and a really tiny family. So our guest list will have only 30 (approx) people on it. I feel a bit sad about it sometimes...

Erin8, friday 22-Nov-13 37
A
first dance song... what is/was yours?
AmzieM, 5 of September of 2013 at 10:46

When first announced we to be getting married. we wanted a funny uplifting song, but OH has got a few conditions all in the same leg so he can't move it properly. he keeps saying he will dance like a...

smingram13, tuesday 26-Nov-13 57
Missdanih85
Help needed finding this hairvine/headdress!
Missdanih85, 21 of November of 2013 at 16:09

Hi all, I've got my eye on a Polly Edwards hair vine - I like Poppy and Heaven but they are very pricey. Does anyone know where I can get them or something similar cheaper? Thank you!

Missmadgiggles, friday 22-Nov-13 3
RachelB21
Wiltshire wedding venues - recommendations and reviews
RachelB21, 20 of November of 2013 at 19:26

Has anyone used any wedding venues in wiltshire or within 45 minutes of Melksham? My partner and I are currently looking at our options and we're wondering if anyone had any recommendations. we are on...

Hoddy, sunday 24-Nov-13 7
stoice
Mega *Flash* of stuff so far!!!
stoice, 2 of September of 2013 at 12:44

Church... Evening venue... Transport... Table centre pieces (Not fully sorted yet)... Table names... Confetti bags... Invites... Hair and sparkly thingy... Dress on model... Dress on me (In shops...

stoice, monday 16-Sep-13 35
S
Flash your Unusual Engagement Rings :)
Squidney, 14 of September of 2013 at 15:39

Hi Ladies! I'm newly engaged and my FI and I are picking rings together - can you flash me pictures of your unusual e-rings for inspiration? I'm thinking I'd like something like this: Thanks! ...

Jaysmonkey, tuesday 17-Sep-13 24
Penny P
Any brides wearing specs on their big day?
Penny P, 12 of September of 2013 at 16:17

I wear glasses, have astigmatism and dry eye which makes wearing contacts for more than a couple of hours impossible so have no choice but to wear them on my wedding day. I don't mind too much as my...

Penny P, friday 13-Sep-13 29
cassidyeff
Those who have had their dress made from scratch..
cassidyeff, 26 of August of 2013 at 21:26

How did it go? Were you pleased? Did it end up cheaper or more expensive than you thought? I'm leaning heavily toward having mine made as I've got a very clear idea of what I want, yet I don't know...

Lemon Violet, wednesday 11-Sep-13 18
*MM3*
Tea length dresses...
*MM3*, 6 of September of 2013 at 21:23

So the more I see these the more I think they're the perfect dress for me and I really want one! Is it possible to have one on a low budget..like £800 max, or is that too much of an ask? Can anyone...

alabastamasta, tuesday 10-Sep-13 27
W
Wedding hates and dislikes
Wifeytobe88, 4 of September of 2013 at 16:51

Sorry if this has been done before - I'm sure it has - but I haven't seen a similar topic since I've been a member, so I thought I would get a light hearted discussion going! What things do you REALLY...

tayto, monday 18-Nov-13 312
AuntieBJ
underwear!!
AuntieBJ, 21 of August of 2013 at 15:07

Can I ask, what is everyone's preference? Basque or bra? My dress is strapless and I'm a busty girl. Last thing I want is to feel unsupported or uncomfortable so would probably feel best in a bra but...

AuntieBJ, friday 23-Aug-13 17
Snyffa
No dress....
Snyffa, 18 of August of 2013 at 18:10

2 months to go...i'm not panicking hehe! Its being made, my seamstress is confident, and i trust her implicitly, but so far, I have no idea what the finished article will look like (we are making it...

Missmadgiggles, monday 19-Aug-13
E
Background music whilst eating
Em1986, 15 of August of 2013 at 16:02

So.. I want to have some music playing whilst everyone is eating but unsure of the kind of music... After recieving some great advice on here we are having New orleans jazz at the reception drinks so...

martinkab@hotmail.co, thursday 15-Aug-13 4
A
table plans: rounds or straights?
AmzieM, 14 of August of 2013 at 20:44

I saw wedding co-ordinator last week. i orginally had the table plan as 5 round tables (3=8guests, 1=5guests, 1=6guests) + top table = 10. co-ordinator said cannot do 5 rounds but can do 4 rounds or 5...

Ohwhatatuesday, wednesday 14-Aug-13 1
Cat In A Teacup
OMs - Flash me your tea length dresses pretty please?
Cat In A Teacup, 13 of August of 2013 at 17:27

Yesterday I took a friend to do a sneaky bit of preliminary dress shopping, just for fun, as you do when you still have 2 years to wait! I fell in love with an Ivory & Co tea length dress, the...

Cat In A Teacup, tuesday 13-Aug-13 33
C
Just Married One hit (flash) gotta love DW!! Removed
cherrybloom, 11 of August of 2013 at 23:11

So here is a one hit wonder, DW photographed our day and amazing she was, I have to say it was Epic!! We had such an amazing time the weather was fabulous, we are so happy..See you after the...

cherrybloom, thursday 15-Aug-13 14
Missmadgiggles
We did it...v quick flashy flash!
Missmadgiggles, 12 of August of 2013 at 11:34

Well thats it I'm married! We had a fantastic day on Saturday... the weather was lovely and the guys at our venue worked like demons for us. We don't have our professional photos yet but heres a few...

BrideCummins14, monday 12-Aug-13 1 538

General groups

Hitched article topics