Amaranth

United Kingdom · From April 2013

• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

1 of December of 2013

3819days 15hours

Discussions

13JulyLondonBride
Did you change/are you changing out of your wedding ceremony dress to an evening dress?
13JulyLondonBride, 4 of June of 2013 at 23:59

I'm having trouble deciding whether I should change out of my wedding dress. I just don't know where to look for appropriate wedding bridal reception dresses? I have tried to steer away from bridal...

Munstermad, friday 7-Jun-13 17
2013_Bride_
Bride & Bridesmad Boquets
2013_Bride_, 4 of June of 2013 at 10:48

How much are yours differing? Do your BMs have the same bouquet but a smaller version of your own? I think I'd like this for me (can anyone help with the names of the flowers in this, its bugging me);...

cass_b, thursday 6-Jun-13 22
H
Fussy eater -arghh
H2b2013, 4 of June of 2013 at 21:16

Hi All, feeling a little worked up and needed some advice, particularly guidance on whether I am bring thoughtless, so hoping you can help! My dad's girlfriend has advised us that she doesn't eat...

Laura, monday 6-Feb-23 19
Missmadgiggles
What makes you sad...
Missmadgiggles, 4 of June of 2013 at 09:51

I don't mean to drag everyone down, but what about the whole wedding process makes you sad... not angry or frustrated, but sad. I have loved every minute of the wedding planning process, its been huge...

snow bride, monday 10-Jun-13 39
D
Mid-week wedding - would you?
danniiangel, 4 of June of 2013 at 09:56

Hi there, I am planning our wedding for August 2014. After seeing a number of venues in the South East, we hadn't seen anything we liked - however we went away for a weekend to Ireland and found the...

danniiangel, wednesday 5-Jun-13 25
flowersinherhair
Bride quiz - get to know each other.
flowersinherhair, 4 of June of 2013 at 19:16

So I borrowed this from an old thread on another forum hope that's ok. Thought it would be nice to get to know each other more, OMs could do this too. 1. How long have you and your h2b been together?...

Snailsandsushi, friday 8-Nov-13 77
C
On THE day silly worries...OMs was it an issue
cherrybloom, 31 of May of 2013 at 22:56

So as I lay in bed and the mind wonders about the big day, I have had some random "concerns" for want of a better term and wanted to know from the OM's if they were valid or just plain stupid..so I...

DaffodilWaves, saturday 15-Jun-13 27
L
Nerves
laura02010, 31 of May of 2013 at 15:19

With just over 2 weeks to go the nerves are kicking in big time I'm quite a shy person, especially in front of large groups of people. I am dreading getting up in front of people are saying the vows,...

PFY1980, monday 3-Jun-13 24
L
Gone a bit Bridezilla (or spoilt bratt maybe)
Lisel, 30 of May of 2013 at 21:03

Ok so here's the thing my step daughter lives a couple of hundred miles away and doesn't do dresses, but she went shopping with her Mum and found a dress she likes. OH is over the moon she will be...

Helybel, monday 3-Jun-13 19
slou90
Wedding day underwear? Naughty or nice? If any!!!! X
slou90, 27 of May of 2013 at 20:35

So my mum just bought my wedding underwear! A ivory Lacey thong from agent prov ... It's beautiful! And it should be for nearly £50! I don't need a bra because my dress has one in it... Although my...

msmt, thursday 30-May-13 38
StaceyLorraine
How old will you be when you tie the knot?
StaceyLorraine, 30 of May of 2013 at 11:02

I'm just wondering how old all our lovely brides and grooms to be will be when the tie the know? I'm sick of being told that I'm too young to get married and should wait longer, I will be exactly 14...

moominbride2b, monday 12-Aug-13 115
H
The day after the wedding
Helybel, 30 of May of 2013 at 09:24

Hi ladies So we have our date set now for spring bank weekend next year!! We may delay the honeymoon a tad for cost reasons so OH is talking about staying sunday night at the hotel also and making use...

Amaranth, thursday 30-May-13 19
M
reactions to intimate wedding
msmt, 29 of May of 2013 at 18:55

OH and i are getting married next may. We have chosen to have an intimate wedding, with 25 people including us. I have never been the sort to dream of getting married (in fact am quite shocked i am!)...

oggers86, friday 31-May-13 31
M
How many bridesmaids are you having?
MrsVtob3, 29 of May of 2013 at 19:08

I currently have 3 adults and 2 little flower girls. I would quite like another 2 adults, who are 2 of my closest friends who I have grown up with. Would 5 adults and 2 little ones be too many? Would...

Jaysmonkey, friday 31-May-13 16
Jemima Renrut
Do you/did you feel ready to be married?
Jemima Renrut, 27 of May of 2013 at 11:15

And when or how did you know? Little bit of fluff... I'm still on a high from OHs brothers intimate wedding. Really felt part of the family and it summed up the true meaing if getting married. I...

mum-wants-a-hat, tuesday 28-May-13 31
B
How much are you spending?
Bethmdoyle, 24 of May of 2013 at 19:04

I was just wondering how much everyone is spending? And what aspects of your day are costing what? I had originally thought I would have a small wedding (I only have 4 family members and a few close...

anderr1, wednesday 29-May-13 74
KateGonnaBMrsB
Same height or taller brides
KateGonnaBMrsB, 21 of May of 2013 at 20:56

I am getting married 19th July next year and both me and my other half are around the same height (im 5"7 1/2 and he's 5"8) I was wandering what people do in these situations? I know the dress that I...

KateGonnaBMrsB, friday 24-May-13 19
Icklefee
Dessy twist and wrap dresses
Icklefee, 23 of May of 2013 at 23:51

Has anyone had these? my BHS bridesmaids dress, as many of you suggested, really wasn't up to much so it's going back. I want to keep the flower girls dresses and am now in search of something dusky...

louise fisher, tuesday 28-May-13 5
V
I've changed my mind about my dress:0((((
vintagerose, 23 of September of 2012 at 15:11

Has anyone else out there had a dress wobble? Bought my dress last weekend in a sale so it's non returnable and now I'm beside myself as I think I've made a big mistake! It's is a beautiful dress but...

Mary C to be K, saturday 1-Jun-13 79
EAC13
Individual or group invite to your work office?
EAC13, 19 of May of 2013 at 20:23

I wonder if you could give me some advice with regard to inviting work colleagues. There are 18 people in my office. Would you recommend individual invites or just send to the office for everyone? I...

goldpants, tuesday 21-May-13 36
pandorasbox
Bride to be opinions re: wedding gift list
pandorasbox, 19 of May of 2013 at 16:58

My friend has give us a John Lewis gift list code in with her invite but it isn't open til September. In the meantime I keep seeing lots of lovely gifts I would've loved to get for her. But my mum is...

pandorasbox, monday 20-May-13 33
Ohwhatatuesday
'Meshing'/mixing surnames
Ohwhatatuesday, 17 of May of 2013 at 22:45

Ok so bit of strange post, not any real point to it other than curiosity, but I was watching TV tonight and I saw Alan Carr introduce Dawn O'Porter I was pretty sure her name was Dawn Porter, so I...

mooshy, saturday 22-Jun-13 39
K
What are u having that you think it's quite unique ??
kellouloud, 16 of May of 2013 at 23:20

What are you planning that you think is quite unique or different ? I'm wearing bright orange shoes ... Giving out personlised M&M sweets as favours ...

Skeptical78, sunday 19-May-13 77
lizzie1982
Internet wedding rings - help needed!
lizzie1982, 22 of March of 2011 at 16:57

Has anyone bought their wedding rings online? I've started having a look online in a quest to get more for my money but I'm a bit worried about the quality of what I might get! Has anyone used smooch?...

Amaranth, friday 17-May-13 19
B
Amount of food??
bristolbride7913, 16 of May of 2013 at 16:25

At our wedding this autumn, all of our evening guests are also day guest (i.e. everyone is coming to the whole day, or not at all). We’re getting married at 1pm, and should arrive at the reception...

Amaranth, friday 17-May-13 14
GraceLouise
No Bridesmaids!
GraceLouise, 16 of May of 2013 at 20:51

I really don't know what to do and I need peoples opinions, I originally picked a friend and my younger cousin as bridesmaids, but the more I think about it, the less I actually want bridesmaids, my...

EmmaM88, monday 20-May-13 19
MrsPanda
Winter Wedding vs Summer Wedding
MrsPanda , 16 of May of 2013 at 17:20

I joined a few weeks back but for some reason can not log in and there is no record of me! anyhoo I only posted 3 times so not to worry..... I'm wondering what your thoughts are on winter weddings...

Soontobe_mrsG, tuesday 21-May-13 42
Childhood-Sweet<3
What have you purchased recently? *FLASH*
Childhood-Sweet<3, 13 of May of 2013 at 16:45

I have have a productive weekend and made a few purchases! 6 Kilner jars along with LED Candles. This will go on the steps up to the barn where our reception is. Various Lace and Hessian to decorate...

Childhood-Sweet<3, thursday 16-May-13 55
ShaynaV
How many courses in your reception meal?
ShaynaV, 15 of May of 2013 at 21:59

Hey gals! I've been hearing different things from different caterers about what's a typical number for courses at the reception....I've heard things between 3-6. How are you guys planning your...

mooshy, thursday 16-May-13 36
R
Perfume
RachaelandKevin, 15 of May of 2013 at 10:43

Hello Random question, can anyone recommend a good perfume and deodorant to use on the wedding day? thanks rachael

mum-wants-a-hat, wednesday 15-May-13 20
Foo
How are you transporting your guests?
Foo, 15 of May of 2013 at 12:12

? Hitcher of old sneaking back in... If you are having more than one venue, how are you planning to transport your guests? We are getting married in a register office and having the reception in a...

Forever Wedding Danc, thursday 16-May-13 24
B
Are you buying your OH
BrogstarBride, 13 of May of 2013 at 17:25

A wedding gift? Oh is REALLY hard to buy for and wont appreciate engraved stuff/jewellery etc So i was thinking about booking a trip on our Honeymoon that we both want to do (Grand Canyon helicopter...

MrsDaysh2b, saturday 18-May-13 23

General groups

Hitched article topics