• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

2 of October of 2013

3882days 8hours

Discussions

Penny P
Honeymoon in UK with two dogs! Help!
Penny P, 12 of September of 2013 at 07:54

Can anyone help me find a gorgeous, rural, secluded self catering place in England or Wales (Scotland is too far) for our honeymoon in March? We have two dogs and want to take them with us. I have...

Horriss, wednesday 18-Sep-13 2
M
Asking for money instead of gifts?
missk1989, 6 of September of 2013 at 22:40

Me and my fiance have been living together for 4 years and have a baby so we really dont need gifts. We want to ask for donations to help pay for the wedding and i thought about putting a poem in the...

Sparkly Momma, wednesday 11-Sep-13 55
K
Looking for recommendations on any of the following destinations... :)
Kwal, 5 of September of 2013 at 21:54

Antigua Cuba St. Lucia Barbados Maldives Mauritius ...these are the list of places that look amazing but not sure how to decide...

Loopz, wednesday 25-Sep-13 3
N
Wearing my ring but not married yet!
Nanoushka, 27 of August of 2013 at 16:03

Shock horror!! I am wearing my wedding ring (we both are) even though we don't get married until next month. We just wanted to wear them as we already call each other husband and wife and I couldn't...

Icklefee, tuesday 3-Sep-13 82
M
Honeymoon on a budget that doesn't revolve round beaches. Any ideas?
markandkatieswedding, 27 of August of 2013 at 22:42

Hi, My partner and I aren't sure where to go on our honeymoon. We not sun worshippers although we would like it to be warm. We not bothered about the beach although if a beach was near by then it...

JJames12, monday 25-Nov-13 6
S
Best Man - to fire?! What to do - advice/opinions please :)
sadler89, 27 of August of 2013 at 16:17

Hi all - Any opinions/advice much appreciated. Our best man is a friend of my fiance's of over 10 years and is one of our closest friends. Earlier in the year he got a new girlfriend and set-up a...

Kentish Gal, tuesday 27-Aug-13 5
N
Wedding dress help please
Nanoushka, 23 of August of 2013 at 11:00

Hi, I get married in 39 days in St. Lucia and I still have no dress. I want something knee or tea length and only have around £250 to spend (I was made redundant in April so we have had to be...

Nanoushka, friday 23-Aug-13 8
M
I get married in 3 weeks !!!
morristobe, 23 of August of 2013 at 11:51

Yippeeee I cannot believe that after booking my wedding 11 months in advance the day is now quickly approaching. All major things are now done, just the last minute bits to do like filling the favour...

alyj66, friday 23-Aug-13 7
P
Alternative to fresh flowers
Purplemunchkin, 22 of August of 2013 at 21:10

Hi there I'm a second time around newbie after a bit of inspiration from you lovely Hitchers. We're having a very small (our parents and children only) mid-week ceremony, with a big party the...

Purplemunchkin, tuesday 27-Aug-13 13
M
Confused bride!
Milliepoppy, 21 of August of 2013 at 17:41

Hi all, So I'm not hte typical bride to be. I have never sat there thinking about and planning my big day, I have never oo'd over wedding dresses or wanted to try one on. Now I have a dilemma.... My...

Nanoushka, thursday 22-Aug-13 7
N
So where and why did you choose your destination?
Nanoushka, 10 of August of 2013 at 11:53

Ladies, this part of the forum seems to get neglected so not sure who will see this thread. For those of us getting married abroad, just curious as to: 1) Why did you choose to marry abroad? 2) Why...

NYCBride, sunday 12-Jan-14 17 2,812
W
Surnames - old or new?!
Wifeytobe88, 8 of August of 2013 at 17:10

Hi all! Question - who's taking their husbands name when they get married, and who's keeping their own? Anyone double-barrelling? My surname is Davies - so very boring / common. My h2b has a pretty...

Studying&Planning, tuesday 13-Aug-13 79
M
don't tell the bride
murphy88, 8 of August of 2013 at 21:06

I have just seen a new series of dont tell the bride is starting soon Question is would you trust your oh to plan? Could you do it to? Do you think he'd do a good job?

*Pugsley*, monday 12-Aug-13 33
A
engagement ring on the day?
AmzieM, 7 of August of 2013 at 09:44

Has anyone or going to wear your engagement ring on the day? from the beginning or late on in afternoon? i'm having a bit of problem to decide. i dont want to as i think the wedding ring is the main...

maxinegallie, thursday 8-Aug-13 21
L
2.5 weeks to go dress tight :-(
Loulou10, 7 of August of 2013 at 07:51

Ladies, help!! i collected my dress at the weekend after having the length altered and brought it home before it is steam cleaned. just tried it on and its a bit tight around the upper...

SarahW73, friday 23-Aug-13 20
TheMrsMeFo
Dress shopping nerves..
TheMrsMeFo, 5 of August of 2013 at 13:44

Hiya, I am going wedding dress shopping for the first time on Sat, and all 3 BM's and my mum are coming along with me. Which is great. However, everytime I think about it I feel like I'm going to be...

Lauradee, tuesday 6-Aug-13 11
T
Bridal shoes, where did you get yours?
tealbutterfly27, 5 of August of 2013 at 19:40

Hi all, Just wondered where people were getting their bridal shoes? I'm going for comfort over style as they won't be seen. Looking for a mid-heel. I always have difficulty with really lovely shoes...

Bride2beJune2017, monday 2-Mar-15 51
N
Cuba wedding
Nanoushka, 1 of August of 2013 at 14:21

Thinking go getting married at the Paradisus Reo di Oro hotel in Cuba. Does anyone know if they operate a 'production line' style wedding or if they are a bit more exclusive? We want somewhere really...

sarahdarby, sunday 25-Aug-13 382
N
Wedding for 2 - help please!
Nanoushka, 29 of July of 2013 at 11:20

My fiancée and I just want to get married, no fuss, no guests, no bridesmaids etc. you would think it would be easier than planning a wedding for hundreds but we cannot find anywhere suitable as most...

artisanwedding.co.uk, wednesday 31-Jul-13 25
C
Passport in married name
Candicei, 16 of July of 2013 at 17:57

Ok, so I did something stupid, I forgot to send my passport off - it expired in Jan, so thought I would wait the 3 months before wedding to send passport off - time has flown! I have filled in forms -...

Nanoushka, saturday 20-Jul-13
N
Calling Canadian experts
Nanoushka, 1 of July of 2013 at 14:43

Hi ladies, any experts out there on Canada? We were gonna marry in Greece but due to the paperwork and certain Greek rules we are now looking at Canada. We are looking at flying to Vancouver, hiring a...

Nanoushka, friday 12-Jul-13 1
N
Greek wedding or no Greek wedding?
Nanoushka, 26 of June of 2013 at 14:25

Just back from Greece trying to plan our wedding in September. We have been told that we can only get married in the small office above a taverna officially and any other ceremony would not be the...

sarah8286, sunday 7-Jul-13 3
sarah8286
can anyone help with wedding planning in skiathos?
sarah8286, 8 of June of 2013 at 21:40

Hi everyone I'm planning on getting married next may in skiathos, I was wondering if anyone knew the correct amount of days we need to be on the island before the wedding can take place? I've read so...

MariaGeorgiou, wednesday 26-Jun-13 6
A
Alternative to a Wedding Dress?
animalmad, 12 of June of 2013 at 08:31

Hi, Wedding date is set for 21st December 2013, so an evening winter wedding..........but I'm really not sure I want to go with a wedding dress as such, I keep thinking that it's a lot of money to...

Embrace Bridal Bouti, saturday 15-Jun-13 33
N
Shorter wedding dress for Greek wedding
Nanoushka, 3 of April of 2013 at 11:37

I am looking for a shorter wedding dress for my wedding in Greece but most of the conventional shops I am looking at have full length and are very full. It is a simple, low key affair so nothing too...

Nanoushka, wednesday 22-May-13 5
J
'Just Us' Wedding in Mauritius
jimmyeatworld, 15 of May of 2013 at 13:09

Hi Everyone, I've just got engaged, and my fiance and I are planning to get married - just the two of us (not bringing any guests) - in Mauritius next May. I was just wondering if anyone has had/is...

mercede5, saturday 25-May-13 6
bubbly
Show me your dresses!
bubbly, 9 of March of 2013 at 11:06

Hi, I'm bubbly and I'm getting married in Ibiza next May. Im having dilemmas over my dress though. I know that I don't want a full on wedding dress, but I don't really know what I do want. If anyone...

louise fisher, wednesday 15-May-13 15

General groups

Hitched article topics