• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

23 of August of 2014

3540days 5hours

Discussions

DrBuffles
My 'OMG it's less than 6 months to go' Mega **FLASH**
DrBuffles, 3 of March of 2014 at 12:51

I'm getting worried about time ticking away so thought I would do this to help me feel better about what has been done! Venue Wedding rings For the morning I am making myself and the bridesmaids silk...

LuxuriousYellowBride, monday 15-Dec-14 33
W
Fed up planning now ...............
WinterBride14, 5 of September of 2014 at 13:19

I just wondered if anyone else has gotten to the stage where you are fed up of planning the wedding & just want to marry your man!? This is where I am at the moment & we still have lots to do...

nixy3, saturday 6-Sep-14 18
C
How to get in the right mood?!
CristaMB, 2 of September of 2014 at 14:37

I'm getting married at the end of this month! I know it sounds wierd but I feel quite sad about that! Don't get me wrong, I'm overjoyed to be marrying the man of my dreams and can't wait to be his...

CristaMB, thursday 4-Sep-14 11
M
***MOMB's no particular theme barn festival folky wedding report***
MOMB, 1 of September of 2014 at 19:01

How we met, all those years ago, is irrelevant, suffice to say we were both with other partners whom we married and became good friends. R’s ex was a bridesmaid when I married in 1991. I was a witness...

pammy67, thursday 9-Oct-14 23
K
Group shots for wedding?
katie80uk, 2 of September of 2014 at 13:54

My photographer has asked if we want specific group shots done on the wedding day and he wants a list of names so these people can be called quickly for the photos Anyone else done this? I do want...

Bruce Neville Photog, tuesday 2-Sep-14 16
S
Wedding Band (Music)
Sarah Hennessy, 2 of September of 2014 at 17:25

Hi Everyone, We've pretty much agreed on the band that we want to play at our wedding and we're a long way down the line with booking them. Today I emailed and said I was going to pay the deposit...

MrsB88, tuesday 2-Sep-14 4
H
Woohoo, exciting stuff!
HeavyMetalMaiden, 2 of September of 2014 at 13:17

It my OH's bday tomorrow, and I felt that I just had to get him one more thing, and I find some tickets left to see Russel Howard in December!! Boosh, I cant wait (I am even more excited to give him...

Erin8, wednesday 3-Sep-14 6
DrBuffles
I'm a Mrs! ******flash*******
DrBuffles, 26 of August of 2014 at 17:57

So, we finally got married last Sat and as cliched as it sounds it truly was the best day of my life. Currently on mini moon in Nice booked as a surprise by my groom which is gorgeous and hoping I...

kharding2014, saturday 30-Aug-14 31 2,962
K
Wine?
katie80uk, 18 of August of 2014 at 16:02

Can anyone recommend somewhere for decent bulk buying of wine? Possibly quite cheap as well My venue has went and said we can bring our own wine but will be a corkage charge of £8.50, which is steep...

Sazzle24, friday 22-Aug-14 18
*J9*
Extra long BM dress
*J9*, 19 of August of 2014 at 14:39

I need help please! My friend has asked me to be her BM and we need to find a dress to fit my giant frame! There are 4 of us and she wants us in blush pink full length dresses. The only thing is I'm...

Curlysuzie, thursday 21-Aug-14 6
K
Wedding Cake Boxes
katie80uk, 20 of August of 2014 at 12:33

Anyone recommend a good place to get decent priced decent size cake boxes? We will be cutting the cake at the reception and then giving it for people to take home so looking for nice boxes or bags to...

DrBuffles, wednesday 20-Aug-14 2
AuntieBJ
***Good luck Yorkshirekiwi*** 30th August
AuntieBJ, 13 of August of 2014 at 10:17

Darling girl, I know you have said your goodbyes on your own thread, but I simply had to start this one for you. I hope you get a chance to read it!! I wish you all the luck in the world gorgeous...

MrsCWB, saturday 30-Aug-14 50
Hoddy
**Hoddy's wedding report**
Hoddy, 16 of August of 2014 at 14:18

So it has been 16 days of married bliss and now it is time to give you my report! How we met and proposal I am lucky enough to have married my first love and I was his first too. When we met I had...

HelenSomerset, friday 5-Sep-14 63
DrBuffles
Eeek I've got a good luck thread!
DrBuffles, 20 of August of 2014 at 17:22

Woah, where did the last month go?!?!? I've been a bit absent due to manic-ness I'm afraid! We have spent this week at my parents due to the Best Man arranging an engagement party in London last...

SillyWrong, wednesday 20-Aug-14 288
MrsA2B2014
Which nails should I go for?
MrsA2B2014, 11 of August of 2014 at 13:25

Bear with me, I know they all look pretty much the same but they're different - promise!!! I am not a fan of french manicures, mainly because I'm a smoker - and will be a chain smoker on the day due...

DrBuffles, monday 11-Aug-14 5
M
Do you think reserved signs are needed on chairs for wedding party?
Mrsbushelltobe, 5 of August of 2014 at 11:09

We are having a civil ceremony, and i wondered if it was necessary to have reserved signs on chairs for the wedding party?

Emma, saturday 18-Nov-23 29 1
W
Barn wedding, Tetbury
WelshBrideInBrizzle, 22 of July of 2014 at 21:37

Hi there I have a viewing at the Kingscote barn on the weekend as well as Cripps Barn. Has anyone had their wedding at either of these places? If so, I'd reeeally appreciate a price break down and any...

WelshBrideInBrizzle, monday 5-Jan-15 9
AuntieBJ
make up trials
AuntieBJ, 3 of August of 2014 at 17:42

So, here is a phot o of me at trial number one: and here Is trial 2: your votes please!

cymruangel, monday 4-Aug-14 25
Mummy2Ebony
Gutted at price of photographers
Mummy2Ebony, 3 of August of 2014 at 11:10

☹️ I have been looking around and contacting wedding photographers in the area and i am not getting very far at all!!! Except or a feeling of deflation - dont think i am going to be having any nice...

DrBuffles, monday 4-Aug-14 29
BethG
Ceremony fees!
BethG, 1 of August of 2014 at 11:34

Hi We are just in the process of booking our wedding for next year. We would like to get married at the venue, but the cost of getting the registrar out is £450. I wouldnt have minded but after seeing...

KinkyBride, sunday 3-Aug-14 19
M
August 2014 brides??
Miss B 2 be Mrs H, 10 of September of 2013 at 16:29

Hi everyone! Just wondering how any fellow August 2014 brides are getting on with planning?! ? x

alyj66, monday 1-Sep-14 421
cosmictrout
evening timings - thoughts?
cosmictrout, 31 of July of 2014 at 23:47

We currently have a schedule of events for the evening as follows (as recommended by the venue/caterers): 7.30pm evening guests arrive (after wedding breakfast/speeches - bar will have been open since...

TeamJamiesonLowe, friday 1-Aug-14 5
AuntieBJ
fed up ***happy update***
AuntieBJ, 31 of July of 2014 at 18:48

Most of you know that I recently completed my last level 2 module for my OU degree. Next logical step was to apply for the first level 3 which I duly did, filled out the application for financial aid...

SillyWrong, monday 4-Aug-14 24
H
Bridal party entrance
HappyPinkCars45, 1 of August of 2014 at 02:45

Hi everyone! i know there has been some similar posts lately about who goes first... Bride or bridesmaids? Well I would like some opinions on my situation. I am very close to both my dad and step dad...

BAMS, friday 1-Aug-14 4
SallyLou
**GOOD LUCK Jaysmonkey- 1st August**
SallyLou, 28 of July of 2014 at 09:19

I hope you're still lurking to see this Jaysmonkey - lots of luck for your day, come back and show us when it's over!

MrsKHbutterfly, friday 1-Aug-14 9
Lizzywills
Who goes first, bride or bridesmaids?
Lizzywills, 31 of July of 2014 at 14:50

I've been a brides maid 7 times (last time was 15 years ago though) and every time the brose has gone first and us bridesmaids have followed her down the aisle. but lately it seems that the bridesmaid...

MrsShep, monday 4-Aug-14 22
TreacleTart
go nowhere without your phone and a snack
TreacleTart, 31 of July of 2014 at 15:36

Got locked in my bathroom for nearly 40 minutes this morning - the lock had broken in the door! Thankfully we'd got workman round today who (with some effort it has to be said) managed to get me out,...

Erin8, sunday 3-Aug-14 14
(Claire)
Location Dilemma
(Claire), 31 of July of 2014 at 11:36

Sis lives in the north east, we are in the west mids, we are planning to meet this Sunday somewhere in the middle, and I’m struggling to think where, it must be child and dog friendly, nothing too...

(Claire), friday 1-Aug-14 12
S
Ceremony Query
sianigirl, 31 of July of 2014 at 14:51

Hi There, I'm getting married next year in Wales, where I am originally from. I picked a venue and paid a deposit but there are no registrars available that day. My partner wont marry in a church, so...

Civil Ceremonies, thursday 31-Jul-14 7
DrBuffles
Gift needed for my (eccentric) shoe making friend
DrBuffles, 31 of July of 2014 at 12:19

As most of you know a friend of mine is making my shoes for the wedding. She is being completely amazing about it, has given up lots of time to do it and is just generally pandering to my obsessive,...

jen-lou, thursday 31-Jul-14 7
xoxoxo2017
Who are you?!??!?!?!?!?!?
xoxoxo2017, 29 of July of 2014 at 18:41

So, since joining Hitched I have been 75% stress head, 25% me. And during this, whilst piecing little bits of information to user names and recognizing some of you, I havent actually taken the time to...

MischiefMumma, saturday 2-Aug-14 72
DeeBee33
Menu Tasting
DeeBee33, 31 of July of 2014 at 11:42

With 3 months and 1 day to go we're off to our wedding venue today for our menu tasting! Very excited (and hungry!) and really looking forward to it. Plus there's a wedding on, which I always love...

BAMS, thursday 31-Jul-14 6

General groups

Hitched article topics