• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

12 of July of 2014

3605days 3hours

Discussions

July2014 bride
Literary couples for tables
July2014 bride, 23 of February of 2014 at 07:52

Hi! I'm a big book lover and wanted to have literary couples instead of table numbers but I'm struggling to think of enough suitable for 10 tables. I am being a bit picky and only want those that I...

AuntieBJ, monday 24-Feb-14 15
Leedsbride2015
I don't know what to do :(
Leedsbride2015, 17 of January of 2014 at 22:21

Any advice would be appreciated ? I'm getting married May 2015. I went dress shopping last October just to get a feel for the wedding dress thing and found a dress that I really liked. It pulled me...

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, monday 20-Jan-14 76
DrBuffles
What's been your most indulgent/unnecessary purchase
DrBuffles, 15 of January of 2014 at 17:14

Inspired by Icklefee's post a few months back regarding buying things you don't neeed but want for the wedding, what has everyones most indulgent purchase been that is not crucial to the wedding....

ATB, friday 17-Jan-14 43
ATB
Living together- it gets easier, doesn't it?
ATB, 22 of December of 2013 at 18:32

So it the one year mark the magic number?! Please tell me it's going to get easier. If it doesn't I'll need Otter help to get rid of a body.

Elixia, tuesday 7-Jan-14 28
A
Spray tans - yay or nay?
ash.deans, 19 of December of 2013 at 22:15

I have only ever had on spray tan in my life and because of my skin tone (pale), it looked awful on me, like, rolled in wotsit dust awful. I've asked my step-sister to be a bridesmaid and other than...

ebony_rose, tuesday 24-Dec-13 20
Pompey
Possible TMI - Periods (Funky, stay out unless you want to be traumatised)
Pompey, 17 of December of 2013 at 10:50

MF just freaks out when I mention this so who better to ask than a load of women. I am on cilest pill and have been for a long time. I go for my check ups and the nurse is happy for me to stay on it....

Rosco298, wednesday 22-Jan-14 27
goldpants
***Find your dress twin***
goldpants, 6 of December of 2013 at 10:59

So... as it says above.... do we have some dress twins knocking around and not realised? For anyone who has bought a dress, yet to wear it or an OM, post your dress designer and make below and I will...

Melancholie, tuesday 24-Jun-14 185
*Mini*
Board Games
*Mini*, 6 of December of 2013 at 19:50

We have decided that on Xmas day we shall play board games after dinner. Now we have the usual Scrabble, Monopoly etc but there will only be 2 of us here and need something we can both do. Has anyone...

*Mini*, tuesday 10-Dec-13 24
slou90
Help...
slou90, 6 of December of 2013 at 14:26

We were going to have one reading and do our own vows BUT we have decided just to have two readings... we think!! I need suggestions! x

IGB2B, friday 6-Dec-13 15
Hoddy
July 2014 brides?
Hoddy, 18 of May of 2013 at 12:06

Where are you?! And how much have you got done so far?

lil_2014, wednesday 6-Aug-14 210
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
Can you "tell" when people fancy you?
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 6 of December of 2013 at 11:59

Do you read the looks and vibe correctly? Or have you always found it hard and been surprised to find out (if you find out)? Do you only notice when the attraction is mutual? Have you ever got it...

Kjay, saturday 7-Dec-13 35
Flowmojo
FRIENDS (The TV Show)
Flowmojo, 5 of December of 2013 at 10:50

Inspired by Minis writing post... I know we have probably had this thread before..but you can never be bored of FRIENDS!! What are you favourite episodes? I Love the One where Ross is Fine and makes...

Bookish, sunday 8-Dec-13 80
bliss_balloons
The Wind
bliss_balloons , 5 of December of 2013 at 14:21

This is my first time starting a thread so hello! Hope everyone is ok and not getting blown about too much. It's pretty windy here (Worcester) but not half as bad as in Scotland!

Canary, friday 6-Dec-13 31
*Mini*
How often do you write?
*Mini*, 4 of December of 2013 at 21:03

Inspired by footers thread in really surprised at the people who don't write very often. I spend whole days writing at work (interview notes, disiplinary meetings) and kind of assumed that's what...

*MM3*, thursday 5-Dec-13 36
Pittabre
Writing Christmas cards
Pittabre, 4 of December of 2013 at 01:21

Do you send lots? A few or even none? I used to enjoy writing them out and including a message in them. Last year I couldn't face sending any. So far this year I haven't got around to it yet, which...

~Curley~, thursday 5-Dec-13 28
Flowmojo
'Party Food' teas
Flowmojo, 3 of December of 2013 at 13:40

Mr F just emailed me asking if we can have a party food tea tonight..you know the kind, carpet picnic tea as some poeple call it..what do you have in yours? I HAVE to have spring rolls..its a must!!...

alyj66, wednesday 4-Dec-13 36
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
Good Luck threads on WP
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 3 of December of 2013 at 12:03

Do they not happen anymore?

Jemima Renrut, wednesday 4-Dec-13 43
M
Wedding invites from your parents or you?
missk1989, 2 of December of 2013 at 18:00

Traditionally Daytime invites say "Mr & Mrs **** invite you to attend the marraige of their daughter ...." This is how my parents say it should be but OH is saying it sounds ridiculous. Im torn, I...

DaisyDot, wednesday 4-Dec-13 14
AmnesiaCustard
I love colouring in
AmnesiaCustard, 27 of November of 2013 at 15:38

Is there a grown up job that pays shedloads that is actually just colouring in? If so, please may I apply?

Bookish, saturday 30-Nov-13 27
Kjay
How do you revise/study?
Kjay, 27 of November of 2013 at 20:12

Hello all, Looking for some advice please! As most of you know I am training for quite a while for my new job, the section I am on for the next 4 weeks is all technical and mechanical stuff. We have a...

Kjay, thursday 28-Nov-13 18
Flowmojo
Christmas Stockings
Flowmojo, 25 of November of 2013 at 12:01

Do you still have one? what are the typical things you haver in them? I am happy to say that at 30, Mummy and daddy Flow still do me a stocking....mr f does me one too, but hasnt quite got the knack...

Tiny-Tiggs, tuesday 26-Nov-13 31
Panjita
Accent
Panjita, 22 of November of 2013 at 14:43

Do you automatically make assumptions/judgments about someone as soon as you hear their accent? What accents do you like/dislike? What accent do you have?

Helenia, monday 25-Nov-13 70 1
M
did you OH ask for permission?
murphy88, 14 of November of 2013 at 11:00

I was reading an article somewhere (can't find it now - typical!) about how grooms to be are no longer asking for permission to get married to there brides to be. The question is did yours? Mine asked...

MrsCWB, sunday 8-Jun-14 81
slou90
Happy Tears ? *flash* too much ? What do you think?
slou90, 11 of November of 2013 at 18:56

The plan is to put these on every chair ! I have about 110 to make but on the plus point they are super cheap! what do you think?

lil_2014, tuesday 12-Nov-13 24
Flowmojo
Food you dont like but *want* to
Flowmojo, 11 of November of 2013 at 14:01

It seems ridiculous...I want to like Olives, they look so nice when served in a fancy bar, or in a nice restuarant, esp the stuffed ones. I just cant get on board no matter how hard i try. Also,...

F&GBride, tuesday 12-Nov-13 42
overtherainbow
Perfume help
overtherainbow, 3 of November of 2013 at 18:44

I want to get some perfume for a xmas pressie for daughter. She wears Black Orchid by Tom Ford and likes that type of smell, sort of musky, fusty type smells! I wondered if anyone could give me a few...

overtherainbow, monday 4-Nov-13 6
Dinosaurs
An introduction and a plea for advice...
Dinosaurs, 31 of October of 2013 at 18:20

Hiya, I post occasionally on WP and have been lurking around these parts for a bit and thought it was high time I introduced myself. I live with my fiance and two cats and like wine and cake (so I am...

Dinosaurs, saturday 2-Nov-13 27
MrsToffee
Finding a Dress
MrsToffee, 2 of November of 2013 at 10:41

I've been to three different shops so far and tried on 5 or 6 dresses in each. In the second shop I found a dress I really liked and didn't want to take off but didn't have that 'This is it' moment...

MrsToffee, saturday 2-Nov-13 7
Ohwhatatuesday
What foods do you hate?
Ohwhatatuesday, 31 of October of 2013 at 08:01

I discovered I hate chickpeas yesterday. Never had anything with them in before, but they were in a soup I had and it was revolting. I discovered it was the chickpeas. Yuk. I'm not a fussy eater so my...

Arquard, wednesday 6-Nov-13 73
B
Reception Band - prices?
Bride2beebe, 31 of October of 2013 at 09:36

Hi there, I was hoping someone could advise me on what is a reasonable price to play for a band to come and perform for a couple of hours at a wedding reception. My search is finding a mixed bag of...

traleegirl, monday 4-Nov-13 20
B
Hair and make up recommendations Merseyside
BirkdaleBride, 15 of October of 2013 at 21:09

Hi everyone, I'm getting married next September and was wondering if any of you could recommend a hair/make up artist around the Southport/Liverpool areas? The ones I have contacted have either not...

Dinosaurs, tuesday 15-Oct-13

General groups

Hitched article topics