Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hoddy
Beginner July 2014

July 2014 brides?

Hoddy, 18 of May of 2013 at 12:06 Posted on Planning 0 210

Where are you?! And how much have you got done so far?

210 replies

Latest activity by lil_2014, 6 of August of 2014 at 12:43
  • claire_91
    Beginner July 2014
    claire_91 ·
    • Hide content

I am one. I've got most things done now. There's a lot of us on the facebook group x

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

I'm probably part of a different group then.. I was meant to be a 2015 bride but in the end OH and I decided we couldn't wait that long so pushed it forward a year! I've only sorted the venue, registrar and photographer...

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content

Hi ? I literally posted the same thing on Sunday, no idea how I managed to miss this post! I'm 26th, what date are you?

I have quite a lot done, but haven't booked anything else in ages - venue, tog, vog, registrar, wedding insurance, STDs, wedding dress, suit hire, ice cream trike.

Also, seconding the Facebook group ? think there's about 30 of us July brides on there! I know the feeling with the wait - we booked in March last year and had already been engaged for a year by then. If we could have brought it forward to this year, I would have!

• louise fisher
    Beginner July 2014
    louise fisher ·
    • Hide content

I planed to write my own vow,though it seems very early now,but I want to get it done ahead of time...

The catch is it is too complicated,and I am not a good writer.?

• StaceyLorraine
    Beginner July 2014
    StaceyLorraine ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

I'm July 12th... So far we have:

- Booked the church
    - Booked and paid deposit on the reception venue
    - Paid for the transport
    - Brought the insurance
    - Booked and paid deposit on the harpist
    - Booked and paid a deposit on our photographer
    - Picked the bridal party and grooms men
    - Brought the gifts for everyone that is receiving them
    - Chosen and ordered the cake
    - Brought our wedding rings
    - Had the invitations, RSVPs and save the dates made
    - Brought loads of decorations
    - Chosen our colours and theme
    - Ordered and paid a deposit on my dress, shoes, tiara and veil

I think that's all... I've lost track without getting out the planner and looking in it x

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We are 5th July. So far we have booked:

Church

Venue

Photographer

Band

Hairdresser

Florist

Sorted all menus and hog roast

Made and sent out all the STD's

Got my dress, shoes, side tiara and dress belt

Starting making name places

Decorating jars with lace and hessian

I think that is it, but we have thought about lots more things, just not got them in place yet. Shall we have a flash or everything we have booked so far?

x

• StaceyLorraine
    Beginner July 2014
    StaceyLorraine ·
    • Hide content

I'm happy to do my flash so far ^_^

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/378053.aspx - Another flash i did with the decoration bits in it x

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

Rather exciting to see it all together!

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

I am sooooo behind! I've been dress shopping once but didn't find 'the one'. Still a uni student so until 30th May I have to stay that way (exams) but can get back into wedding planning straight after! I'm the 31st Smiley smile

• D
    Beginner August 2014
    Deb11 ·
    • Hide content

I haven't even decided if I'm a July or August bride yet so rally really behind! Lol

• EmmaM88
    Beginner July 2014
    EmmaM88 ·
    • Hide content

Date twin ?

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content

Potential hair & accessory

Potential bridesmaids' dresses

My bouquet

My wedding dress

Ice cream trike

My shoes

Our venue

Love seeing all the flashes ? more, more!! Some of our bits or things that I would like - haven't got tiara, bridesmaid dresses or shoes yet but this is what I want ?

• H
    Beginner
    HannyNanny ·
    • Hide content

I'm July 27th. So far I have booked venue and registrar, ordered save the dates, booked a make up artist, arranged to meet a photographer , have a florist and am going dress shopping tomorrow!

• B
    Beginner July 2014
    Bethmdoyle ·
    • Hide content

I'm July 12th 2014. Just today put our deposit down for our ceremony and reception venue. Also put down deposits for our vintage bus and my vw camper van. I've told my bridesmaids but that's about it so far. Oh made my std cards and a wedding website.

Going to relax about things a bit now as been a bit wedding manic the last few weeks.

All your photographs look so expensive, what are you girls looking to spend for your big days?

beth xxx

• StaceyLorraine
    Beginner July 2014
    StaceyLorraine ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Date twin ^_^

I too am starting to relax as I've got so much planned already and need to chill lol...
    We set our budget at £9k but currently coming in just shy of £13k I think over all we may come in at around £15k... My reception venue wasn't that expensive we are paying £4550 for 50 all day guests and it includes:

o Welcome drinks and canapes on arrival.

o A glass of sparkling wine or Pimms with a soft drink option.

o Three course meal or buffet with coffee and tea.

o Two glasses of house red and white wine.

o A glass of champagne for the toast.

o Fresh floral arrangements for the sideboards and tables.

o Red carpet reception.

o Cake stand and knife.

o Our dining tables presented with white linen tablecloths, white chair covers with tie backs and linen

serviettes.

o A member of management to act as toastmaster.

o Printing of name cards and menus.

o An evening buffet.

o Disco until midnight.

o Exclusive hire of the Random Hall Hotel.

o Complimentary 4 Poster Room For Bride & Groom

Word of advise hun get your photographer booked to avoid dissapointment x

• B
    Beginner July 2014
    Bethmdoyle ·
    • Hide content

Yeh our photographer is next on the list. I am really hoping that an old uni friend who has started up his own business will be able to do it for us, as have a very small budget for photographer £500. We don't want anything fancy, we both hate our photo being taken, just want someone to take relaxed none posed pictures throughout the ceremony and our drinks reception and a few casual group pictures and stick them on a disk for us. We have a lot of teens coming so are giving them a disposable camera each so they feel involved, will probably end up with lots of dodgy pictures though lol. Also one of my bridesmaids is a keen photographer, obviously don't want her snapping all day but she says she's happy to act as photographer at the reception.

Our absolute tops budget is 10k, I outright refuse to spend a envy more, really hoping we can nudge it down to 9! We are getting married in a beautiful town hall and I've got fantastic prices for a vw camper as my wedding car. We are having a drinks reception at the town hall following the ceremony, the site keeper sets up our drinks etc and we can bring our own champagne with no corkage fee, so saving us a fortune!! Then back to a small country house hotel for our reception. Got 77 for the meal, 67 adults and ten children, costing us £2500 for hire, service and three course meal. We've eaten there a few times and food is fab and have done a bespoke menu for us so have included our favourite meals on menu!

Man so excited now, seems so real now we've forked out for deposits for everywhere!

xx

• mandunc14
    Beginner July 2014
    mandunc14 ·
    • Hide content

We are July 12 Smiley smile

Here I thought we had a lot done but based on some of the replies here we are not as ahead as some. We have venue, tog, venue dresser, I think hairdresser, dj and 2 entertainment so far. Plus the STD's are done (not sent though) and invites are started. Also a few pieces here and there decoration wise.

I live in Canada so most of our planning has been done online. I am coming to the UK in July 2013 and we will have A LOT of wedding stuff crammed into those few weeks. After I come back home, Im not back over until late May 2014 (for good). Because we have so much to worry about with the Visa stuff, we want as much wedding stuff done as possible ahead of time.

• Red Kite
    Beginner
    Red Kite ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

First post! Eek! We are getting married 19 july. So far church booked, reception venue booked and caterers booked. My sis makes wedding cakes so that's sorted and I've asked my bridesmaids. Still feels too far off for me and I'm probably feeling too relaxed about it all - am still quite happy pinning stuff to pintrest!

Had an awful week two weeks ago when H2B was in hospital and we debated moving it all forwards and just having a small quick ceremony as he's had to start chemo (bad times! Also wedding insurance a nightmare!) but he's doing so much better and is back home so the date is back on and has been a nice positive aim to pull our families together.

oh I've noted the tip about booking the TOG - need to get on that I think! Not even looked yet! Can't wait to start looking for dresses :-)

• StaceyLorraine
    Beginner July 2014
    StaceyLorraine ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beth if you want to join a nice friendly group of brides planning there is a group on facebook... Its completely private so no one on your friends list can see what you put there and the ladies in it are FANTASTIC!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Bridesonlytyingtheknot/

x

• StaceyLorraine
    Beginner July 2014
    StaceyLorraine ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hello Red Kite,

Welcome and congrats... It's awful news about your husband but i'm glad hes back home now ?... My TOG was the first thing i booked after the church and reception lol...
    If you also would like to join our little group of brides you are more than welcome ^_^ we have brides from 19 i believe up to goodness only knows with budgets starting at £2k and going up to £30k... They are very supportive and friendly x

• B
    Beginner July 2014
    Bethmdoyle ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Stacey I have sent a request for the group x

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

Our budget is £7k. That's why we are getting married on a Thursday, it cut the costs of the actual ceremony/venue etc down by 1/4 of the price of a Saturday! Such a good deal.

• Laura DeBourde
    Laura DeBourde ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Vintage bus and the VW campera van sounds very cool! A couple I know also made a little wedding website, it's a really good idea and definitely makes guests excited for the wedding Smiley laugh

Also, BlossomJ your save the dates are so lovely and adorable, and LOVE the venue!

• Red Kite
    Beginner
    Red Kite ·
    • Hide content

Love the idea of a vintage camper van! So cute. We're debating saving money and just having a taxi or friend's car. Have been to a few weddings in the rain where most guests missed the car due to taking shelter inside the venue or church. Doesn't quite sound the same though as having a nice vintage vehicle and I bet it'll make for some pod photographs! Do you mind me asking how much it's costing you?

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content

Our budget is about 8k, coming in ok so far ? haven't booked anything in ages, but I would definitely book tog as soon as you can ? then relax again ?

• Soon2bMrsCB
    Beginner July 2014
    Soon2bMrsCB ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We are getting married on the 28th July 2014, on our 7th anniversery, thought it would take our minds off the dreaded '7 year itch!' :-)

I seem to be abit behind, Iv booked the church, deposit on reception and photographer and that is all!!!

How do I get on to the FB for 2014 brides??

x

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There's a link in my signature ? just click on there and then request to join! You've got the main bits that get booked up quickly done, so I wouldn't worry ? ours is 2 days before yours on our 6th anniversary! What are you booking next? We need to get our string quartet booked!

• StaceyLorraine
    Beginner July 2014
    StaceyLorraine ·
    • Hide content

So ladies now that we are all under the year mark how are we all getting on with our planning? x

• Dinosaurs
    Beginner July 2014
    Dinosaurs ·
    • Hide content

I missed this last time, I am July 12th also.

Got the venue, photographer and harpist done, colours picked, save the dates ready to go and bunting and scrabble pieces sorted.

Dress shopping this weekend, going to watch the band we want next weekend and picked the hair and make up lady just need to pay deposit.

Feeling behind compared to some of you super organised ladies.

• noseli24
    Beginner July 2014
    noseli24 ·
    • Hide content

Think I also missed this thread last time - 26th July here - so hi! ?

I feel very unorganised after reading this thread! So far, I have booked the venue, registrar and photographer. My mum is kindly making the cake and doing the flowers (along with FMIL). That's about it so far!

Oh, and I think I have found THE dress, but off to try it on again next week (trying very hard to contain my excitement!).

Who has booked their honeymoon? And where are you going? We're struggling to decide!

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

Oooh I'm much more sorted than I was back in May. Save the dates have gone out (magnets), sorted the cake and I have bought my dress! *FLASH*

Also bought the little belt for it and my veil. So chuffed! All of it came to less than £800 too Smiley smile

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We originally wanted a weekend in New York but it's just so expensive...So we might have a weekend in Venice or failing that we will have a minimoon in Bournemouth or somewhere for a week afterwards just to relax and then save up for a proper honeymoon for our 1 year anniversary Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics