Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hoddy
Beginner July 2014

July 2014 brides?

Hoddy, 18 of May of 2013 at 12:06

Posted on Planning 210

Where are you?! And how much have you got done so far?

Where are you?! And how much have you got done so far?

210 replies

• StaceyLorraine
    Beginner July 2014
    StaceyLorraine ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

She never gave a reason but I am praying that it't not delayed any longer that 10 weeks or I will be bordering 20 weeks and will have a bump plus it doesn't help that my dress is zip up back made to measure x

• Laura_x
    Beginner July 2014
    Laura_x ·
    • Hide content

Mee! 26th July too!

So far we have:

booked the church, reception, cars, photog + videog, got my dress, got bm dresses, bought the 'best woman's' dress, got the guys suits, bought bm presents, booked honeymoon, stationery is in print, cake is ordered, favours bought... Most big things are sorted, can't be doing with being a bridezilla nearer the time!!

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooo exciting!! Another date twin ? there's loads of us on that day! Where have you booked your honeymoon? You sound very organised, think us July brides need some more flashes ?

• Red Kite
    Beginner
    Red Kite ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow tricky - just realised (from your baby ticker) what a narrow window you have to try and get it all fitted. I wondered why you were worried if it was any later. Does the shop realise? Might be worth dropping them an email or calling just to give them a friendly poke in the right direction so that they can chase the supplier.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and send you good dress vibes!

• SunnyOrangeFlowers21
    Beginner August 2014
    SunnyOrangeFlowers21 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for that reassurance. I'm going to diplomatically wait until after September 21, which is a friend's wedding, then postbox I go!

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Staceytred ·
    • Hide content

Hi I'm new to this site!! I'm a July 2014 bride! 19th July to be precise!

ive booked the ceremony, wedding breakfast, and evening do. Got my dress and shoes, bridesmaid dresses and started designing the invites!! I didn't realise how much planning goes in to it all but so excited!! Smiley smile xx

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

Yeah a lot more planning goes into it than I first thought!

• L
    Beginner July 2014
    Loz85 ·
    • Hide content

Me too. The 19th Will be a great day :-)

• L
    Beginner July 2014
    Loz85 ·
    • Hide content

Getting very excited ? I feel like I haven't organised much as yet! Reading through some of the posts on here some of the brides are mega organised!

• samobrien10
    samobrien10 ·
    • Hide content

Save the Date cards should ideally be sent once you have your venue booked, particularly if you are having a wedding in the busy summer months. A lot of your guests will appreciate the notice, particularly if they are planning summer holidays! And if any of your guests require accommodation to be booked, or flights if they are coming from abroad, it's great to have advanced notice to get cheaper hotel rates etc.

You're being very organised! Good luck with all the planning!

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

Any more July 2014ers?

• westlakedesignsbasic
    westlakedesignsbasic ·
    • Hide content

Wow, everyones super organised and its all looking amazing Smiley smile cant wait to read all the reports next year ?

• StaceyLorraine
    Beginner July 2014
    StaceyLorraine ·
    • Hide content

So I finally sent my save the dates out yesterday only 3 months late >.< ... I've just lost my wedding mojo at the moment but hoping it will return soon! x

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah me too Stacey! I have to make the invites to get them out in January, and I am feeling like I want to do anything other than that! It will be nice to see the final product though! I do think a little break sometimes is not a bad thing!

• BristolBride83
    Beginner July 2014
    BristolBride83 ·
    • Hide content

I'm one, civil partnership on the 11 July. We've booked ceremony and also the reception venue but this is just a field. We need to sort marquee, tables food etc.. Booked the registrar and photographer. May have found a dj and flowers. We've sent save the dates to important people. To be honest we'd love to cut numbers so haven't advertised the date too widely yet!!! My maid of honor is sorting my hen do, it's a surprise or me. Have so much to do!

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

How are you all doing now? We are looking at invites as we want to get them sent out in January. Apart from that nothing to report as we are taking it (too) slows as always.

• C
    Beginner July 2014
    cjones91 ·
    • Hide content

I'm the 18th July Smiley smile x

• lil_2014
    Beginner July 2014
    lil_2014 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

By now we booked: Photographer, Venue, Caterers, Venue dresser, jukebox, pinball machine, giant games, child care, registrar, seamstress to refurbish mum's dress.

Bought: a few centrepieces items, fancy umbrellas, silicone flowers (for bouquet, corsages and buttonholes)

Sent: Initial save the date with wedding website with all the info needed and some curiosities.

Some not-so-VIP people were left out so we sent to the first wave and if/when they refuse we will pull from the secondary list!

Designed: Stationary (waiting to get closer to date to print), decoration, where everything goes.

Started: Practicing DYI for cake toppers (want to make them in cold porcelain) and also for pompoms going on the ceiling beams

Thinking next: Decide cake design (being baked by FMIL), book band(s),

Also got insurance to cover it all!

For those who lost their wedding mojos, hope you get it back soon! xx

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content

Any news ladies?

Can't believe how much my ticker has moved now ?

We have now paid deposits for a string trio and our cake!

Have picked our wedding rings, just waiting for the jeweller to get back in touch with us...

Not much left to do tbh, wish it was sooner!

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

I got my bridesmaid and flower girl dresses yesterday Smiley smile also sorted favours which I originally wasn't going to have. Still need to get a move on and buy my invites though. Time is going so fast, can't believe I'm already in the 8 months!!!

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's one thing I have left to do, dreading it as still not completely set on colour and I want something to suit everyone!

where did you get yours from?

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I got them from the same local bridal shop I got my dress... They are both from true bride Smiley smile

• Dinosaurs
    Beginner July 2014
    Dinosaurs ·
    • Hide content

Some very organised ladies. We have all our suppliers booked now, aside from the florist. I have a dress ordered and that's it. Planning to start on the details after Christmas but worried this will be leaving it too late. The months are flying by.

• lil_2014
    Beginner July 2014
    lil_2014 ·
    • Hide content

We have now booked the venue, caterers, child care, dress maker (for little me ?) , tickets for my immediate family to fly in, photobooth, jukebox and extras, venue setup agency, photographer.

Got the main items for centrepieces, silk flowers for bouquet and wedding party thingies, photos for mural, minipegs for photo labels.

Still a bit of bunch of stuff to go, but slowly getting there and waiting band final quote to know how much beans will be left to get the rest of the stuff.

Exciting!

• E
    Enchanted keepsakes ·
    • Hide content

Hi all brides to be. just wanted to show some of my work which I do. I can make anything from personalised invitations to guest books and seating plans. They are all priced really well and until 28/11 I have 10% all items on my website. If you get chance please take a look www.enchantedkeepsakes.co.uk and check out my facebook page, the link is on my website.

Don't forget your seating plans as I have found a lot of brides leaving this til the week before the wedding and panicking! I also have some seating plan guidelines on the website which will really help.

Look forward to speaking with any of you. Melissa x

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

I spent £200 on five ties just so the boys would match my flower girl and bridesmaid.... Oooops.

• lil_2014
    Beginner July 2014
    lil_2014 ·
    • Hide content

Hahaha don~t get me started on overspending!!

I have had to go back to St. Excel to reign me in again, hehehe.

Because I didn't want to spend the price confetting was asking for cake topped I decided to give it a go doing it myself, and spent much more on practice materials!

Mind you, I want to covert it into a business hopefully afterwards, so not so bad Smiley winking

• D
    Beginner July 2014
    dizliz90 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all!

I'm new to the forum but here seems like a good place to start Smiley laugh

We're getting married on July 5th and so far we have:

Sent out the Save The Dates
    Started making the Invites to send out in January (early I know, but we're getting married somewhere that's far for both families so planning will be involved!)
    Got my dress
    Booked kilt hire for him and his groomsmen/best man
    Booked the ceremony and reception venues
    Booked photographer & videographer
    Wedding car
    Booked a cake maker and the date but not picked the actual cake yet
    Got insurance
    Got wedding rings
    Got a celebrant
    Booked hotel rooms for the bridal party and some other close family
    Organised some staff (village hall reception)
    Booked the DJ

That's it! Next job is bridesmaid dresses I think and we're already DIYing some of the venue decor (so much bunting!!)

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

Hi girls, I keep missing the thread every time it is bumped so thought I would pop in to see how everyone is doing? Almost 7 months until the start of July and I am now finding things a bit difficult. I have done all of the fun things, and have just left myself with a lot to pay for. I am not too worried at this point, but determined not to get into any debt for it, so just trying to save like mad. Easier said than done before Christmas though. So...here is my list of what I have done, and please could you let me know if I am missing anything vital at this stage?

Venue booked - food decided]

Accommodation booked

Tog, band, hair/make-up and flowers booked

Dress sorted - just need undies

BMs and FG sorted

All decorations have been made/bought - can't think what else I need to do in this department until we can actually put it all together

Rings done

Invitations 80% done - thinking of sending this at the end of Jan for 5th July wedding?! Any thoughts here?

Hmmm...this list doesn't look very long! ha

• D
    Beginner July 2014
    dizliz90 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married on the same date and I'm sending out my invites after Christmas! I think it's a little early but it's better to be early than late, right?

• lil_2014
    Beginner July 2014
    lil_2014 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hello!

I saw you sent save the dates already, if I were you I'd wait until end of January at least (actually we are waiting until March to send ours) to avoid people forgetting about it, or losing the invites amongst the festivities/holidays excitement and presents Smiley smile

But ultimately, totally up to you!

• D
    Beginner July 2014
    dizliz90 ·
    • Hide content

Hey, yeah, that's what I thought! However, loads of people are already asking for them and asking when they'll get them because they want more info (although I'm happy to just tell them that info!) - my mum's stressing out as well wanting some rough numbers so I think they'll just need to go out early haha. The wedding's in Gretna and all of H2B's family and our pals are here in Glasgow and all my family are down in Manchester so everybody needs to sort out transport and hotels, etc.

Thanks for the advice though, I think you'd be totally right with any other family! Hehe

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics