Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hoddy
Beginner July 2014

July 2014 brides?

Hoddy, 18 of May of 2013 at 12:06

Posted on Planning 210

Where are you?! And how much have you got done so far?

Where are you?! And how much have you got done so far?

210 replies

• StaceyLorraine
    Beginner July 2014
    StaceyLorraine ·
    • Hide content

Welcome to our lovely new brides ?

Since my first post stating what I had done back in May I have also:

- Brought all the thank you presents

- Brought all the men's pocket watches

- Brought the men's cufflinks

- Set a theme (Butterflies)

- Had the invitations printed

- Picked our first dance song

- Collected our wedding rings

- Had a talk with our venue decorator

- Booked my FYEO boudoir photoshoot for May 2013 (crapping my pants)

- Gotten quotes for a candy ferriswheel

This is my old list of things I've done:

- Booked the church

- Booked and paid deposit on the reception venue
    - Paid for the transport
    - Brought the insurance
    - Booked and paid deposit on the harpist
    - Booked and paid a deposit on our photographer
    - Picked the bridal party and grooms men
    - Brought the gifts for everyone that is receiving them
    - Chosen and ordered the cake
    - Brought our wedding rings
    - Had the invitations, RSVPs and save the dates made
    - Brought loads of decorations
    - Chosen our colours and theme
    - Ordered and paid a deposit on my dress, shoes, tiara and veil

As for the honeymoon I have handed full control to my H2B and I will not find out where we are going until we check in at the airport!! How exciting!!

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Blimey StaceyLorraine you are SO organised!

I have mine next month. *scared*

• Blue&bling
    Beginner July 2014
    Blue&bling ·
    • Hide content

Im the 26th of July! and Im so not organised! I am getting a little worried reading everyones answers, but I haven't a clue about weddings and finding it a lot harder than I first thought!

I have booked church, reception and photographer (just last week) Ive been dress shopping already but not found my one, but am going again tomorrow, so fingers crossed! Im going to print my own save the dates, just waiting for my ebay decorations to arrive! I know my colour theme is navy blue dresses and lots of bright flowers as decorations.

I need to get into gear! ha

x

• StaceyLorraine
    Beginner July 2014
    StaceyLorraine ·
    • Hide content

My biggest fear is waking up a week before the wedding and having a massive list of things left to do, I keep having nightmares about it >.< and as for my boudoir shoot I am so scared.

I totally forgot to do a flash of my additional bits so here they are:

107 year old family six pence from H2B mother

Bridesmaids jewellery

• EmmaM88
    Beginner July 2014
    EmmaM88 ·
    • Hide content

Stacey as a date twin you are scaring the life out of me! You are soooooo organised! Don't think I have actually really done much since May :/

Its not like me to be so laid back totally not my personality. Might be as it still doesn't feel too near yet. Off to go dress shopping, see venue owners and give notice in two/three weeks so by early Sept will get the kick up the bum I need hopefully. Think half of it is I don't know how many BM's I have yet, leaving that issue for the time being, ha! ? Plus my one definite BM is currently losing weight so does not know what size she will be yet. Bit scared to leave that one till May though ?

Recent things:

• Bought garter
    • Made appointment with venue
    • Made appointment to give notice
    • Bought part of MOB present
  • BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content

Nothing new yet, I'm in between jobs so no spare cash!

Have found OH's WR for £169 reduced from £369, so may get that this week!

We've also sent out our save the dates ? very exciting getting past the year mark

With regards to honeymoon- we were planning on Las Vegas, but may not have enough to do everything we wanted to do there - so may go Florida instead, other places that looked nice when looking through brochures were Sri Lanka and Marrakech! I want to go somewhere I've never been before ?

finding it hard something good value because we'll be honeymooning at the beginning of August and can't do it any other time as that's the only time I can get off other than Xmas and Easter which will both still be expensive!

• noseli24
    Beginner July 2014
    noseli24 ·
    • Hide content

Know what you mean about expensive times of year, BlossomJ (are you a teacher too, by any chance?).

I have spent my evening adding beads very carefully to my save the dates, so hoping to send those out in the next couple of days. Also, managed to get my bridesmaid dresses in the sale from Very/Littlewoods - all 3 dresses for under £100 in total - much cheaper than I had budgeted for! Exciting!

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I'm (of course) having the same trouble with it being August for our honeymoon. Smiley sad

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No, not a teacher - I'm starting a graduate scheme where I have tutorials once a week - so can only take time off where the breaks are (so basically like being back at school haha)

I'm thinking of maybe leaving it last minute & if we can't find somewhere we wanna go for the right price, just go somewhere in England for a couple of days and go at Xmas... our trouble is that OH has to book time off a year in advance so we'd have the time off for honeymoon already planned!

Haven't thought to check Very for dresses, struggling to find some for the right price - our colour scheme is sage green!

• noseli24
    Beginner July 2014
    noseli24 ·
    • Hide content

We could leave it until last minute, but I like being organised and it would start annoying me if I didn't know where we were going until last minute!

Our colour scheme is green too (various shades). Bridesmaid dresses arrived, they are lovely, though my mum isn't quite sure they would go with my dress (too modern/ 'straight'?!), as we held one up against my dress. So not really sure anymore (I really really don't want to spend a fortune on them...)

Yes, I now have ordered my dress, eek!! It's one I loved back in May when I tried it on, so I'm hoping that I will still love it when it arrives.

Sent out most of my save the dates yesterday, just a few more to do today. Good job I love diy crafty stuff!

• Dinosaurs
    Beginner July 2014
    Dinosaurs ·
    • Hide content

Feeling a little more like a bride now, went dress shopping on Saturday and was torn between two dresses but I think I have decided so going to try it on later and if I still like it then put a deposit down, scary!

We are also going to see the band we want to book tomorrow and are meeting the harpist next week. It's actually happening!

• StaceyLorraine
    Beginner July 2014
    StaceyLorraine ·
    • Hide content

Aww Dinosaur I'm glad you are starting to feel like a bride at last x

• StaceyLorraine
    Beginner July 2014
    StaceyLorraine ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

At this point in time I am so unbelievably thankful that I am over organised as on Sunday we found out we are expecting our first baby and it's due exactly 12 weeks to the day before our wedding x

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow, your organisation happened for a reason then! Amazing! Congratulations!!!!!!!

• StaceyLorraine
    Beginner July 2014
    StaceyLorraine ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks sweet x

• EmmaM88
    Beginner July 2014
    EmmaM88 ·
    • Hide content

Aghhhhhh congratulations, double celebration ? Best of luck x

• Dinosaurs
    Beginner July 2014
    Dinosaurs ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations, how lovely that your little one will be at your wedding.

• StaceyLorraine
    Beginner July 2014
    StaceyLorraine ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies, talking about double celebration... I am going to ask the H2B his opinion on having the baby christened at the end of our wedding ceremony whilst all our loved and dear ones are around as my family live 160 odd miles away x

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have you got a flash of the BM dresses? Our colour is sage green and struggling to find dresses in that colour!!

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a brilliant idea ? congrats again, already said it on the group! Definitely was a sign with your organising ?

• EmmaM88
    Beginner July 2014
    EmmaM88 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That would be rather cool, but also very amazing just think what the little un will say when its older. Smiley smile

• Mrs_bright_2be
    Beginner July 2014
    Mrs_bright_2be ·
    • Hide content

Hey I'm new.

getting married 19th July.

• So far booked registry office.
    • given notice
    • Booked reception venue
    • Had a meeting with cake maker
    • In process of booking photographer
    • Sent out save the dates

Thats it! We have a baby due in 9 weeks Smiley smile, also wedding is small 30 day. 120 night.

Gonna book dj's next, then everything else can be done in new year Smiley smile I'm laid back.

• SunnyOrangeFlowers21
    Beginner August 2014
    SunnyOrangeFlowers21 ·
    • Hide content

Can I join in? We will be getting married on 24th July at The Cruin, Loch Lomond.

So far just that and the photographers booked. I'm going to call my childhood parish minister as she said she would travel to do the wedding, but I'm not sure how far is too far for her!

We are having a nautical theme wedding - I have seashell placecard holders, and the idea is either ships in bottles beaches in vases for the centrepieces. My bridesmaids will be in bottle green to tone with greenery in our bouquets and our family tartan. I want thistles, white roses and lots of green!

• E
    Beginner July 2014
    Excitedbridetobe2014 ·
    • Hide content

Hi I'm a 5 July bride in Dorset. So far we have: bought my dress (now selling and have found the one properly this time!), booked church and reception venue, booked spring quartet, hairdressers, photographer, chosen cake and booked cake maker, chosen ushers, bridesmaids etc, bought bridesmaids dresses (version 3, sold versions 1 and 2!), bought lots of decorations, typewriter for guest book.a designed and ordered invitations and rsvp's, sent out save the dates, bought bridesmaids gifts and jewellery, booked ice cream bike, bought wedding rings, booked night before and first night hotel, started wedding website, bought my shoes, and lost 7lbs!

• Red Kite
    Beginner
    Red Kite ·
    • Hide content

I'm still lazyily floating along since I last posted (waves at more organised date twins and other July 2014 planners).

So far I have:

Book and paid the venue deposit. Selected the menu after nommy menu tasting session. Booked TOG (yay finally after everyone telling me they get booked up quickly). Booked church and marriage prep class (Catholic wedding). Made enquiries about hair and makeup. Half booked the band (seeing them next week to hopefully fully confirm). Started dress shopping. Discussed cake design with sister - who luckily is a wedding cake maker. Brought shoes. Brough flower girl dress (twice - I found two I liked).

Still on the list:

Everything else!

I have decided to make my own hair band/side tiara and bits have started arriving for that. Should also be getting the bits for the place names arrive in the next few days so I can start on those. Just need to settle on an invitation design and the other DIY bits. Didn't bother with STD cards because we have just told everyone when it will be - if anyone goes ahead and books a holiday over it then that's just one less person to feed! (Joke - but seriously all the people we really want there have already put it in their diaries - so I guess we did the old fashioned way and just phoned everyone).

• Blue&bling
    Beginner July 2014
    Blue&bling ·
    • Hide content

Ive just requested to join facebook group :-) i can keep more up to date how you are all getting on to keep me on my toes! but since my last post have made my save the dates, to send this week and got my flower girl dress sorted, my auntie is making it.

also started getting quotes for transport, but i want to wait till end of month to book as im going to a wedding fayre and hoping there will be one there!

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm addicted to both - I'm sure I'll get withdrawal symptoms when I start my new job next month ?

Anyway - we've decided on centrepieces:

We are going for these from Next & my sister has offered to pay for them for us ?

• SunnyOrangeFlowers21
    Beginner August 2014
    SunnyOrangeFlowers21 ·
    • Hide content

Is sending Save The Dates 10 months before overdoing it?

• E
    Beginner July 2014
    Excitedbridetobe2014 ·
    • Hide content

No not at all. I've had loads of emails this week regarding booking holidays for summer 2014. You need to get in there before anyone books holidays. We sent ours out ages ago, they doubled up as an engagement announcement, although only one person acknowledged receiving it whereas we thought we would get some replies/engagement cards/interest.

• StaceyLorraine
    Beginner July 2014
    StaceyLorraine ·
    • Hide content

So my dress lady phoned yesterday and my wedding dress has been delayed by 10 weeks so I have a suspicion it's not going to fit when I try it on Smiley sad x

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content

Nope!! Mine were sent 12 months before and ive yet to send 2 off, but of those 2 one of the ladies has had a panic and said she needs to know the date to get it off, so definitely get in there ?

• Red Kite
    Beginner
    Red Kite ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

10 weeks? Wow that's quite some delay. Did she give any other explanation? Hopefully it will still fit though? I need to crack on with dress shopping - five shops down so far and having to wait for a weekend when both mum ad I are free - which is tricky! Will have to consider taking friends I think. They do have long lead times to make them but then I guess it's all the detail and fabric layers etc that go into them.

has anyone in our group thought about making their own? (I'd love to have that kind of talent)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics