• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

14 of December of 2013

3808days 19hours

Discussions

Charliebob
Bit of a stoopid question..
Charliebob, 31 of October of 2014 at 16:41

..but I don't know the answer! We are getting married a year and a bit in advance now I know it's not time to give notice yet but we can book the registrars, right? For the time we want and that. Does...

Pink1986, saturday 1-Nov-14 7
S
Something fun that happens after your wedding…a warning from an OM
Snowrose, 29 of October of 2014 at 16:10

Around this time last year I was scouring the shops ahead of my December wedding for the following things: A grey/silvery grey faux fur coat for me Ivory/cream faux fur jackets for my BMS...

Snowrose, wednesday 29-Oct-14 8
xoxoxo2017
Passport Information – what countries refuse entry with marriage certificate?
xoxoxo2017, 15 of October of 2014 at 14:58

I have been doing a lot of research into this but can't find anything that details which countries; all I find are texts saying that “there are some countries which refuse entry of a passport unless...

Holey, thursday 16-Oct-14 12
S
Vain groom help
Stephie, 8 of October of 2014 at 12:48

My OH is a (lovely) but very vain man! Our wedding is 12 months away and we have started to look at wedding suits, however he is adamant that he does not want to be wearing the same suit as the...

pammy67, wednesday 8-Oct-14 23
TheFutureMrsB
Anyone worried they will be blubbing their way through the wedding ceremony?
TheFutureMrsB , 4 of October of 2014 at 22:16

I've always been a fairly emotional person but since meeting my H2B I've got worse. If I hear a song that means a lot to us or will be incorporated into our wedding I well up. What am I going to be...

x-talie-x, wednesday 8-Oct-14 17
Only waited 8 years
Salon recommendations - Manchester brides please help!
Only waited 8 years, 11 of September of 2014 at 10:42

I am getting married in Manchester at the Midland in December and have started to look for hair salons for the big day. I had no idea that wedding hair and the trials were so expensive and got very...

Snowrose, thursday 11-Sep-14
K
Role for sis in law
KLP, 27 of August of 2014 at 11:34

Hi ladies help needed! I really want my future sister in law to be involved in the wedding. Both my brothers are doing something - one is reading other is musical. I asked her to do a reading but she...

Nature Bride, wednesday 27-Aug-14 7
Twinie1
Anyone from Derbyshire? Help please
Twinie1, 29 of July of 2014 at 14:57

Hi to all who is reading. i moved to Ilkeston 5years ago from Ireland, last week my lovely other half proposed and we have decided to have the wedding here, but I don't no where to look for places to...

daisymoo86, wednesday 30-Jul-14 7
J
Is anyone else dreading their hen do?
JontyDoggle, 23 of July of 2014 at 10:35

I'm having a spa day and an evening meal out and my bridesmaids have been super and arranged it all. But I'm dreading it, because they, and my OH, keep hinting at the extra silly things they've...

SillyWrong, thursday 24-Jul-14 10
S
Canapés - opinions
s0phaz, 10 of July of 2014 at 16:14

Today I've been to see my wedding venue, and speak to the coordinator, and get things sorted, it's made me super excited, but it has also made me think that the time between the ceremony and wedding...

s0phaz, thursday 10-Jul-14 3
mustard_mitt
What did you do with your dress?
mustard_mitt, 6 of July of 2014 at 20:40

I'm in the process of thinking about dress shopping soon - the thought fills me with dread! I plan to go to a dress shop, find a style that suits and then buy it online, probably from one of the many...

ATB, wednesday 9-Jul-14 23
S
'Treasure the dress' photoshoots
Snowrose, 4 of July of 2014 at 13:11

Okay, so thanks to InkedDoll’s excellent ‘what didn’t you know about weddings post’ I have now learned about ‘treasure the dress shoots’. I’ve done a search but couldn’t find any related threads, so I...

xoxoxo2017, tuesday 8-Jul-14 22 3,199
C
Change in relationship after the wedding
cw2b, 3 of July of 2014 at 17:46

We were talking at work today and one of the girls wondered if things would change between OH and myself once we were married. To be honest it never occurred to me it would but it then got me...

SecretlyEloped, saturday 5-Jul-14 21
L
Wedding Exit Song - What's everyone having? - Help please!
Lea_1980, 2 of July of 2014 at 13:02

Had planned on Ho Hey by the Lumineers to leave ceremony but after being in Dublin at the weekend and hearing it sung far too many times by the live singers I've totally gone off it. Wedding is on...

emmiejune, sunday 6-Jul-14 40
H
Who are your witnesses?
HeavyMetalMaiden, 5 of June of 2014 at 13:22

I was just wondering, who is going to be your witnesses to sign the register? And why? So far my FSIL is one of them, and we haven't asked anyone else yet... What about you? Or is there a particular...

pammy67, friday 6-Jun-14 40
H
Bridesmaid and Witness help!
HappyCouple14, 4 of June of 2014 at 01:46

Hey everyone, looking for for some advise, so this probably happens to EVERY bride.. Who to have as bridesmaids! So far my predicament is I have a circle of 6 very very close friends. 1 sister & 2...

HappyCouple14, wednesday 4-Jun-14 16
DrBuffles
Bio oil - anyone used it?
DrBuffles, 3 of June of 2014 at 10:25

Has anyone used bio oil or something similar? I've got a few marks on my back from spots and also seem to have a hand full of scars from ironing (i'm very clumsy with the iron), straighteners and...

Hoddy, wednesday 4-Jun-14 16
D
Fake tan for wedding day- opinions/experiences pls!
Daisycat12, 2 of June of 2014 at 22:33

I'm thinking of having a fake tan for my wedidng day, as I'm quite pale and would like a bit of a glow. What are other people doing? Has anyone had any bad experiences? I'm just worried about it...

Paranoid_Pixie_:), tuesday 17-Jun-14 22
K
Formal giving away
Kayleymo, 30 of May of 2014 at 13:42

I'm having a civil ceremony and in a form I have to complete it's asking if we are having a formal giving away....what is this?

Kayleymo, saturday 31-May-14 7
MrsBoo
Parents Invitations
MrsBoo, 27 of May of 2014 at 15:41

Hi all, Our invitations are from Us and our parents as we are all contributing to the wedding so they are worded as... Together with their parents Mrs Boo and Mr Boo would like to invite...

kimiu, tuesday 27-May-14 2
emabee
Occupation on wedding certificate........
emabee, 16 of May of 2014 at 10:44

So we gave notice of marriage at our local register office a few weeks ago and yesterday I picked up the certificate to go to the registrar. It might sound a silly little thing but they've put my job...

HeavyMetalMaiden, friday 16-May-14 12
S
When to send invites?
Smithette2b, 14 of May of 2014 at 20:54

Hey! Not been on in a while, started a new job and moved house! anyway, I'm making my own invites not finished them yet and was planning on sending them at the end of June/ beining of July (we get...

MOMB, friday 16-May-14 16
LittleSnowflake
Winter favours
LittleSnowflake, 14 of May of 2014 at 23:56

I'm going with favours on the table as I much prefer a 'full' table compared to an 'empty' looking one. Anyway I'm stuck for ideas, it's either the traditional boxes with sweets/chocolates baring in...

LittleSnowflake, thursday 15-May-14 14
Sparkly Bear
RSVP's; To include, or not to include
Sparkly Bear, 14 of May of 2014 at 16:26

Afternoon Hitchers, Me and my OH are making our own invitations and including all necessary information ie accomodation, taxi's, parking, bar closing times etc - the only thing we cant decide on, is...

DrBuffles, thursday 15-May-14 23
MrsKHbutterfly
Card box/baskets?
MrsKHbutterfly, 11 of May of 2014 at 22:21

Hello lovelies, I was wondering what you have all done/doing about card boxes. Although I like the postbox style it really isn't me, and the plain cardboard ones you decorate yourself don't do it for...

IGB2B, monday 12-May-14 21
InkedDoll
Article: why I didn't lose weight for my wedding
InkedDoll, 12 of May of 2014 at 10:33

So I, like many of us, have been trying to lose weight for my wedding and feeling quite stressed about it! This article is really enjoyable and made me feel a lot better about things:...

Embrace Bridal Bouti, thursday 15-May-14 17
cinnamon009
Guestbook ideas - unusual keepsake ones
cinnamon009, 6 of May of 2014 at 13:37

This is the only thing which I really can't decide on. The theme is old Hollywood glamour, so I could go for the straight option of a book decorated on the front in the theme colours but I wanted...

RLB, tuesday 6-May-14 11
E
Annoyed at an invitation to a wedding
Eriweg, 1 of May of 2014 at 14:46

(I realise that some of you will think I am silly but I need to rant) Got an invite to a wedding today (an old college friend of mine, we vagely kept in contact, never a close friend) adressed to The...

donnyette, saturday 3-May-14 92
Elixia
OM do you have any wedding regrets?
Elixia, 28 of April of 2014 at 10:56

Haven't had one of these in a while, so here goes! OM's out there, what do you regret you didn't do or wish you knew before hand on your big day? I have one sad one and a nice one; First of all i wish...

Snowrose, monday 28-Apr-14 12
P
Spray tan advice please....
Pix-e, 24 of April of 2014 at 12:24

HI all! I have decided that i would like to get a spray tan for the big day.... I am so pale, that should it be sunny (fingers crossed) i don't want to be washed out wearing a white dress too! Don't...

WeddingInJune, friday 25-Apr-14 10
.A.S.
Vows
.A.S., 23 of April of 2014 at 18:33

Can I ask what vows you are all using? Traditional to have and to hold type stuff or something off the beaten track or are you writing your own? the thought of OH being organised enough to write and...

Snowrose, thursday 24-Apr-14 9

General groups

Hitched article topics