• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

31 of October of 2013

3839days 8hours

Discussions

N
Arpee
nic-90, 11 of August of 2016 at 21:39

Have the most amazing wedding day! Enjoy and good luck! Cant wait to see your flashes and report! Xx

Mrs-Riley, tuesday 16-Aug-16 6
*Mini*
Off topic is tragic now!
*Mini*, 23 of April of 2016 at 21:41

Thought I would see what happens on OT nowerdays, it's so sad! Where is everyone?

Peter, wednesday 20-Jul-16 51
Little Pixie
Is Halloweeny still about in here?
Little Pixie , 18 of February of 2016 at 14:28

Just wondered what happened with your house? We talked about renovations. Sorry I went quiet, it all got pretty stressful but I am pleased to say we moved in 2 weeks before Christmas!...

Little Pixie, monday 22-Feb-16 1
daisymoo86
I daren't ask for a payrise :(
daisymoo86, 17 of September of 2015 at 16:39

I earn a fairly low wage (£16k). Its not appalling by any means, I am just finding it tough saving for the wedding, the honeymoon and having a life in the meantime. I work in the legal sector and have...

MrsShep, wednesday 18-Nov-15 29
halloweeny
Any architects on here?
halloweeny, 12 of May of 2015 at 15:35

What do they generally cost? how does it work and what do they do for their money? Might sound like a daft question but we're hoping to build an extension to the house we're buying and haven't done...

halloweeny, thursday 17-Sep-15 33
overtherainbow
Feeling a little bit sad but excited!
overtherainbow, 4 of September of 2015 at 11:03

Most long time hitchers will know me as Brenda, Rainbow Florist. I officially reached retirement age a year last April and decided then that I would stop doing wedding flowers and look forward to a...

Lapland2015, tuesday 8-Sep-15 11
hollyhollytree
Scared of being alone
hollyhollytree, 27 of August of 2015 at 00:19

Hi everyone ? So I'm aware that this post may make me sound a little paranoid/crazy but I just feel like I need to vent my worries to people who don't know me and maybe get a little advice. Sorry if...

samwillow, thursday 3-Sep-15 15
Mad Cow Fuzzynutz
Testing
Mad Cow Fuzzynutz, 25 of August of 2015 at 15:46

Just testing old user, seeing if profile still live

Mad Cow Fuzzynutz, wednesday 26-Aug-15 4
L
People at church excluding and avoiding me on church trip
LuxuriousOrangeBridesmaid397, 25 of August of 2015 at 18:29

I am so upset, I went on this church trip and it seemed like the whole time I was there people were trying to avoid me and exclude me. They moved when I would sit next to them or they would choose...

Karen84, thursday 27-Aug-15 6
T
MOB Help/Advice and Rant
Tidal Wave, 24 of August of 2015 at 22:14

So, let me just start by saying me and H2B are very grateful for my parents paying for the reception. Even though we can pay for it ourselves. However, it is now getting slightly unbearable. First the...

Tidal Wave, wednesday 26-Aug-15 25
K
Going a bit mad...
KatieDee, 20 of August of 2015 at 21:18

Hello guys! First time poster here...really hoping to get some reassurance! My partner and I are due to get married in June of next year. Yes, that's right, a whole 310 days away and I'm STILL...

KatieDee, monday 24-Aug-15 13
G
Church scaffolding a week before my wedding :-(
GoldenIvory2015, 15 of August of 2015 at 19:07

Oh my goodness... Our wedding is next Sunday, we got an email from Our Vicar yesterday telling us not to panic when we see the church but they've had some scaffolding put up. More than she had...

BBC2B, thursday 20-Aug-15 16
T
Falling apart.
Throwawayaccount, 3 of August of 2015 at 09:34

I don't know whether this is the right place to post this but I didn't want to post it anywhere else and get happy planning people down. I don't feel like I can talk to anyone else because doing so...

MadamRed, thursday 20-Aug-15 73
O
Fussy eaters
Oct2015Bride, 15 of August of 2015 at 22:10

Ok I need opinions please. I'm getting married in October and my fiancé and I have decided on a menu with 3 starters, 3 mains and 2 desserts for everyone to choose from. Starters and Mains have a...

Oct2015Bride, thursday 20-Aug-15 78 1
S
name change debate?
Soontobemrsv, 14 of August of 2015 at 21:25

Hi, I am currently struggling with whether I should just take my husband to be's name or be double barrelled? I have been toying with both but I am not sure what implications it would have down the...

Soontobemrsv, wednesday 19-Aug-15 28
Moose in the Garage
Renewing Wedding Vows - present suggestions
Moose in the Garage, 5 of May of 2009 at 17:13

My daughter and her bf have been invited to the Wedding Vow Renewal ceremony of someone she used to work with. She has asked me for ideas of what to get for a present and I am passing on that request...

Jayne E, wednesday 19-Aug-15 32
Q
Why is my hotel charging extra for food choices?
queen-bee-333, 16 of August of 2015 at 19:02

Hi to give my guests 2 choices for each of the courses my hotel is charging £4 per course? For the guests that we are having this will work out over £1000! I don't feel right telling my guests what...

ExpensiveBrownDiamon, tuesday 18-Aug-15 14
L
Hitchers - help me choose my dress please!
Little_MrsA2B, 15 of August of 2015 at 22:00

I'm trying to decide on my dress but.... it's really hard!!! How do you choose?! I'm not someone who would burst into tears at 'the one'. I have a top 3 and I honestly can't choose between them. I...

BriertonBride, monday 17-Aug-15 29
A
Cheating BIL
Anonymous28, 16 of August of 2015 at 11:29

Hi, I am a member of hitched already, don't post much anymore and was never really on OT but created a new account for this question just in case. My husbands brother is due to get married next year,...

Jayne E, tuesday 18-Aug-15 7
H
Wedding gift - money
HappyBrownCakes385, 15 of August of 2015 at 13:30

Many of our guests are asking if we will have a gift registry or gift list, we haven't yet sent out the invitations and don't want to offend our guests but rather then gifts, for those who insist on...

ExpensiveBrownDiamon, wednesday 19-Aug-15 14
S
Unresponsive bridesmaids - help
Sondy, 13 of August of 2015 at 23:39

Hi, It's almost a year until we wed (21st) and today I went to visit the venue for the first time- really exciting. I'm having a bit of trouble with contact from my 5 bridesmaids. I set up a facebook...

Aspenlady, friday 14-Aug-15 16
P
wedding coordinator from Best Western Higher Trapp & previously Oaks hotel burnley
Peter&sarah, 12 of August of 2015 at 21:10

Hi folks my first post in here i was hoping my first post would be more fun or joyful but unfortunately it's concerning a wedding coordinator has anybody had there wedding at Oaks hotel since December...

halloweeny, thursday 13-Aug-15 4
M
Mother of the groom issues
MrsLBtoB, 11 of August of 2015 at 17:41

So we've had a few ups and downs with my mum and well as my OH's mum but really not sure how to tackle this one or if I'm being a bit over sensitive and unreasonable. I'm not a selfish person at all...

MrsLBtoB, wednesday 12-Aug-15 23
J
Felling a bit deflated- bit of rant
jesikab4u, 11 of August of 2015 at 16:53

So Sunday we got back from a two week holiday and we had such a fab time! On the last day things started going a bit down hill. For what ever reason h2bs dad didn't take to my mums boyfriend ( which...

halloweeny, wednesday 12-Aug-15 5
Would you be annoyed?
*CrazyCatLady*, 5 of June of 2014 at 22:56

I was off work yesterday and decided to have a look at wedding shoes online. I'd always dreamt of having Jimmy Choos but to be honest, now I just want the shoes that I like the best, regardless of...

halloweeny, tuesday 11-Aug-15 22
MrsStanleyToBe
Arrrrgghhhh I fear that my head would have exploded come our wedding day
MrsStanleyToBe, 10 of August of 2015 at 09:18

Hi All, As you can see from my countdown ticker, we have well over 3 years until our big day and although we haven't booked or paid for anything yet, my head knows the following:- When we will get...

MrsStanleyToBe, wednesday 12-Aug-15 9
bliss_balloons
Feeling fed up
bliss_balloons , 11 of August of 2015 at 13:35

Less than 2 weeks to go now and MIL2B has been taken into hospital. She went in on Friday and we have no idea how long she's going to be in there for at the moment. It's not life threatening but could...

Jayne E, wednesday 12-Aug-15 18
AuntieBJ
Petition
AuntieBJ, 7 of August of 2015 at 08:07

Hi lovely hitched otters! I'm posting a link here to a petition that I've started thanks to a letter I received yesterday. I hope that you will all have a look and, if it means anything to you, please...

bananacatdance, thursday 20-Aug-15 12
Tigsy87
The Negative Bridesmaid!
Tigsy87, 7 of August of 2015 at 08:54

Background: She was always the curvier one of the group (only a size 16/18), but such a warm and funny person and always the life and soul! Then she decided to lose weight (which we were so proud...

Calella, tuesday 11-Aug-15 35
MrsV-wasMissB
Signing off as a Miss.....
MrsV-wasMissB, 6 of August of 2015 at 21:20

So I've not been around for the last few days as I've been SUPER busy busy busy! Today being no different, ferrying to and from the venue, setting up, etc etc..... Well here is a the LAST EVER photo...

halloweeny, friday 7-Aug-15 9
N
Wedding Planning and Depression?
NoMoore, 6 of August of 2015 at 08:46

Morning all, so last night I went to fat club and had regained the few pounds I had lost. I had a meltdown when I got home as I hate myself at the moment (nearly back at my heaviest) and can't seem to...

NoMoore, thursday 6-Aug-15 18
CornishBride89
Would this annoy you?
CornishBride89, 4 of August of 2015 at 13:33

I am so easy going, and so un-confrontational, that I know for a fact people can walk all over me sometimes, and I generally let them. 'Can I do this at your wedding?' ... Sure, why not? 'Can I bring...

Karen84, thursday 6-Aug-15 29

General groups

Hitched article topics