• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

2 of August of 2014

3566days 15hours

Discussions

ToBeMrsHouse
How long to get wedding photos?
ToBeMrsHouse, 31 of August of 2014 at 11:19

It says our photographer's website that it can take up to four weeks during peak periods to receive our photos (get a link to the photos online and receive a USB with them on). Our wedding was four...

DaffodilWaves, sunday 31-Aug-14 1 490
ToBeMrsHouse
So, I just added up everything we spent on our wedding...
ToBeMrsHouse, 29 of August of 2014 at 02:03

Got married nearly a month ago and I've just had the courage to add up all the receipts I'd saved... When a year and a half ago we described the wedding we'd like and my parents said they'd pay, we...

Chris Giles Photogra, friday 29-Aug-14 19 2,552
K
Lovely gesture...but which one?
katie80uk, 28 of August of 2014 at 14:33

On our wedding night we are just staying at home as we have the kids but we were thinking about arranging a night away the night after as our wedding night My mates have said they want to pay for this...

kimiu, thursday 28-Aug-14 5
I-go-by-many-names
the surname dilemma (again)
I-go-by-many-names, 28 of August of 2014 at 08:51

This has been debated many a time but here goes. In the interests of promoting equality and seeing an end to one of the misogynistic and old fashioned traditions that marriage entertains, my OH and I...

MrsShep, tuesday 2-Sep-14 56
kimiu
Feeling the need to step things up a gear!
kimiu, 28 of August of 2014 at 13:53

So....we got engaged in March, and we're getting married 6th June next year. I keep thinking that I am incredibly well organised, and if anyone asks me about the wedding, I can reel off all the things...

kimiu, friday 29-Aug-14 5
Charliebob
Any NON Bling brides out there?
Charliebob, 27 of August of 2014 at 18:10

Hi, sounds a bit silly but are there any brides out there not having an ounce of bling on them on the big day? If my mum and nan could they would dip me in glitter and cover me in sequins but I am not...

Sambarine, thursday 28-Aug-14 18
S
Alternative to bunting?
SunnyGreenDecor113, 28 of August of 2014 at 13:13

My H2B has decided that bunting is not in his vision for our wedding (keen for him to have as much input as possible but this one has put a bit of a 'spoke in the works'!). Does anyone have any other...

Sazzle24, thursday 28-Aug-14 6
M
need some help with wording
Mellypoos, 26 of August of 2014 at 21:53

Ok, so i finally got OH to sit down and talk wording for the ceremony today (he was a 2 on the helpfulness scale ) as we are in Scotland we have a fair bit of say in the words we want the registrar to...

Mellypoos, friday 29-Aug-14 3
Sambarine
BM advice (sigh)
Sambarine, 26 of August of 2014 at 20:50

So, a little background first: I met my MOH through our respective partners, who worked together. We got on like a house on fire, and the 2 couples started hanging out on a regular basis. h2b got very...

AKWedding, wednesday 27-Aug-14 20
M
Hoops and petticoats advice please!
Mrs-S-to-be, 26 of August of 2014 at 09:53

My dress is in (I am so excited to try it on tonight) and I have a bit of a question with hoops and petticoats. The shop doesn't sell hoops, only petticoats, but having tried on other dresses with...

Mrs-S-to-be, tuesday 26-Aug-14 3
Mispinkprincess
A little 2 week flash
Mispinkprincess, 24 of August of 2014 at 08:54

Just a little collection of everything together the car The dress hair and make up The shoes

ToBeMrsHouse, tuesday 26-Aug-14 14
Nature Bride
Hand fasting?
Nature Bride, 25 of August of 2014 at 21:56

Has anyone done, or planning to do a hand fasting? We'd like to have one but not sure where to start so any ideas would be helpful!

ToBeMrsHouse, tuesday 26-Aug-14 12
Nature Bride
Photographer quotes
Nature Bride, 26 of August of 2014 at 11:59

Right, I have been searching around for a photographer. Initially we were unsure whether to hire one or not as they are a great expense and neither of us are keen on the traditional forced smiles...

mariannechuaphotogra, tuesday 2-Sep-14 16
S
Feel hurt am I being unreasonable? (warning RANT)
Scottish_Sarah, 25 of August of 2014 at 21:39

So we have just started sending out our save the dates for next year - everything going well - I seem ok with planning (never thought I would be able to) and then a close friend in one minute makes me...

ClaireyLou85, monday 25-Aug-14 5
ClaireyLou85
Slight rant - how long does an email take?
ClaireyLou85, 24 of August of 2014 at 20:27

Hi all! So here is my issue. I emailed a local venue to ask about dates and general costings. And I waited. For a week. Then I emailed again and got a "Sorry, we will get back to you as soon as...

Nature Bride, tuesday 26-Aug-14 16
lovelaurajane
Accidental dress shopping with flash! (oops)
lovelaurajane, 19 of August of 2014 at 19:04

Today was SOOOOO fun so I had to share with people who "get it"! I'm really busy at the moment with work so I'm not supposed to be going shopping till the end of the month, but today had to take my...

Mrs Bass, monday 25-Aug-14 20
ToBeMrsHouse
Wedding photo app
ToBeMrsHouse, 22 of August of 2014 at 11:35

Just a recommendation: There is a photo app and website called WedPics (I'm sure there are others as well, but this is the one I've used) which means that your guests can share photos of the wedding...

Surfer Rosa, friday 22-Aug-14 2 511
Mispinkprincess
Going to drive everyone potty now but.... Not 'bridal' enough
Mispinkprincess, 21 of August of 2014 at 08:29

Sorry with just over 2'weeks to go I think I've hit the 'panicky' stage! I apologise in advance for an influx of posts! Im now worried I'm not going to feel like a 'bride' my dress cost me £50, it's...

Mispinkprincess, friday 22-Aug-14 11
G
Wording for celebratory drinks
Gismo, 21 of August of 2014 at 10:15

We are getting married in a registry office in a tiny ceremony for close family as our main celebration will be abroad. However we would like to invite people for celebratory drinks in the evening of...

ToBeMrsHouse, friday 22-Aug-14 3
F
Informal reception - timings?
fluffyhen, 20 of August of 2014 at 11:01

Hi all, I am getting married in 2016 and am planning a very informal wedding and reception. We're thinking of going to a pub after the ceremony, preferably somewhere with a private room, for something...

alyj66, monday 25-Aug-14 6
MrsB88
Honeymoon dilemma
MrsB88, 21 of August of 2014 at 15:35

So we shall be going on our honemoon the first 2 weeks of september 2015. We originally had decided on mauritius, however now our budget won't allow this. So after a LOT of research I judt cannot...

Bridally, monday 25-Aug-14 11
cinnamon009
white flowers?
cinnamon009, 21 of August of 2014 at 13:51

I had my first meeting with the wedding florist a few weeks ago and I am now back at the drawing board to think about what flowers I want. I want all the flowers to be white with some greenery. I want...

kimiu, friday 22-Aug-14 8
alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk
Brides speech.. anybody doing one?
alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk, 17 of August of 2014 at 12:22

I like the idea of doing one but I'm scared! I'm not sure what exactly to say or I'd worry I'd miss something or are brides supposed to be humorous? But I'm the type of person who should do one really...

CrazyRatLady, wednesday 20-Aug-14 15
Leanne1811
Themes
Leanne1811, 17 of August of 2014 at 21:41

Hi all this is my first post on here, and I'm asking for help lol. how have you all decided on your themes? I've decided on my colours which are lavender/lilac and aqua/turquoise. But I'm really...

MissJag, monday 18-Aug-14 13
R
Advice needed, Please?
RomanticYellowDiamonds19, 17 of August of 2014 at 22:52

Hello ladies, I need some advice. Please? I have made the decision to have my Cousin walk me down the aisle. My relationship with my father is pretty strained to put it lightly. My parents divorced...

ToBeMrsHouse, monday 18-Aug-14
C
Poll - How Long was your Wedding Breakfast?
CristaMB, 18 of July of 2014 at 23:07

I've told my venue that the meal and speeches won't take longer than 2 hours (3 speeches - 1 of them's more of a toast - won't be longer than 30 minutes & meal is 3 courses) but they insist it...

ClaireD*, friday 22-Aug-14 8
M
August 2014 brides??
Miss B 2 be Mrs H, 10 of September of 2013 at 16:29

Hi everyone! Just wondering how any fellow August 2014 brides are getting on with planning?! ? x

alyj66, monday 1-Sep-14 421
LittleSnowflake
Dress :[ *Updated with flash*
LittleSnowflake, 29 of July of 2014 at 16:57

I took the risk of buying my dress off the peg, and I'm wondering now, if that was a mistake. I've looked at my dress twice since buying it and the first time I noticed the veil had missing beads off...

LittleSnowflake, wednesday 30-Jul-14 10
T
Bridesmaid and flower girl nightmare BT
titty, 25 of July of 2014 at 13:52

New to the site an just wanted to let off some steam and get some advice. Basically I got engaged in May 2013. I asked my BFF to be bridesmaid straight away and her daughter ( my god daughter) to be...

casgup, tuesday 29-Jul-14 109
M
Bra Advice
MrsEAGtobe, 12 of December of 2013 at 11:58

Hi Ladies, I really need some advice and/or recommendations please. I'm in need of a bra/bustier that is strapless, low back which will give me a boost. But the bra not being to high up on the...

loves-young-dream, tuesday 29-Jul-14 8
SallyLou
**GOOD LUCK ToBeMrsHouse – 2nd August**
SallyLou, 28 of July of 2014 at 09:26

Lots of luck for your big day! Have a lovely time.

MrsToffee, tuesday 29-Jul-14 11
M
Unofficial Officiant
melgoddard, 20 of June of 2014 at 21:39

Hi, We're getting married in London and our venue is not authorised to host wedding ceremonies, so we've decided to have the official ceremony before the "wedding". We would still like someone to...

ToBeMrsHouse, sunday 22-Jun-14 12

General groups

Hitched article topics