• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

30 of August of 2014

3546days 7hours

Discussions

M
FBIL house guest annoyance!
Mrslizziew2be, 18 of August of 2014 at 16:37

Many of you may of seen me post about my FBIL moving in due to his abusive relationship ending. I want to start by saying we would all much rather him stay here then go back to that situation. Its...

halloweeny, tuesday 19-Aug-14 9
InWineTheresTruth
previously married and not reverted back to maiden name ....
InWineTheresTruth, 17 of August of 2014 at 18:17

... so what name is used in the ceremony? We got our registrars ceremony pack today and it asks for your full name ...I am still known as my married name and all my ID is still in that name ... I have...

Mrslizziew2be, monday 18-Aug-14 16
K
Wine?
katie80uk, 18 of August of 2014 at 16:02

Can anyone recommend somewhere for decent bulk buying of wine? Possibly quite cheap as well My venue has went and said we can bring our own wine but will be a corkage charge of £8.50, which is steep...

Sazzle24, friday 22-Aug-14 18
fayef
"That time of the month" on the day...
fayef, 18 of August of 2014 at 19:02

Afternoon all, Sorry for the slightly cringey/embarrassing post, but I need some advice! I've been getting 'lady cramps' all day, and had a mini panic earlier because I double checked my diary and...

Nature Bride, thursday 21-Aug-14 7
waddle_thepenguin
To fake tan or not to fake tan...
waddle_thepenguin, 4 of March of 2010 at 22:30

Something else occurred to me along the beauty route. I tend to wear a lot of strappy tops in the summertime (when we actually get sunshine) and I've always been left with slight tan lines on my...

smccallum, monday 18-Aug-14 20
Arpee
Things you do that drive your OH mad!
Arpee, 18 of August of 2014 at 10:45

As a follow-on from the thread about your OH's annoying habits, what are the things that you do that irritate your OH? Mine are: - I'm pretty messy, I leave stuff lying around (but I do know exactly...

Pompey, thursday 21-Aug-14 36
AuntieBJ
balance paid!
AuntieBJ, 18 of August of 2014 at 11:19

That's it! The venue balance is paid ? 5 weeks today and I get to marry my best pal, my biggest supporter and the love of my life all in one go!! I never thought paying £300 would make me so excited!!...

kiwi_girl, monday 18-Aug-14 13
T
Help! Forecast rain!
thewanderingwebster, 18 of August of 2014 at 12:14

I'm getting married on Saturday and we think we're heading for heavy rain all day Any tips? We've got 8 children under the age of 5 (two are our own!). I've got a few craft bits in but was hoping...

Ohwhatatuesday, monday 18-Aug-14 12
Leanne1811
Themes
Leanne1811, 17 of August of 2014 at 21:41

Hi all this is my first post on here, and I'm asking for help lol. how have you all decided on your themes? I've decided on my colours which are lavender/lilac and aqua/turquoise. But I'm really...

MissJag, monday 18-Aug-14 13
M
I can no longer say our wedding is 2 weeks away
Mrslizziew2be, 17 of August of 2014 at 12:41

And that has made me have a slight panic attack this morning! But once that passed I decided to days the day to email directions to the reception venue ( as another entrance is having work and not...

Sarah_88, sunday 17-Aug-14 3
LoveSka
Family wedding nightmare
LoveSka, 17 of August of 2014 at 09:21

I've been to some weddings in my time but last nights beats them all. Firstly the grooms family totally took over all of the arrangements, even down to the bride not knowing what food they were...

Kjay, sunday 17-Aug-14 9
alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk
Brides speech.. anybody doing one?
alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk, 17 of August of 2014 at 12:22

I like the idea of doing one but I'm scared! I'm not sure what exactly to say or I'd worry I'd miss something or are brides supposed to be humorous? But I'm the type of person who should do one really...

CrazyRatLady, wednesday 20-Aug-14 15
C
need a rant
conway13, 17 of August of 2014 at 07:59

Morning ladies just need a rant, I sent some of my STDS over the weekend. When i was printing some more last night i noticed i may have made a spelling error on the STD'S. The spelling mistake was on...

conway13, sunday 17-Aug-14 3
U
Please, please, please help!
unusualbridesmaid, 15 of August of 2014 at 15:01

Hello I will just cut to the chase. Okay basically I am male but a part time cross dresser (though have never gone out in public). Anyway, my best girl friend is getting married in September 2015 and...

unusualbridesmaid, wednesday 10-Sep-14 63
M
Things your OH do that drive you mad!
Mrslizziew2be, 15 of August of 2014 at 15:07

So following the parent things that drive you mad I thought a bit of light hearted things that our OH's do that drive us mad could be a laugh! Heres my list: •come home from work, puts his clothes...

InkedDoll, monday 25-Aug-14 55
LittleSnowflake
Bridesmaid gifts
LittleSnowflake, 15 of August of 2014 at 22:39

Do these look 'cheap'? http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/jandsjewellery/product/design-your-own-snowflake-necklace I'd really like to give jewellery to my 3 bridesmaids as thank you gifts - something...

LittleSnowflake, tuesday 19-Aug-14 8
Rod
Weekly good / bad thread
Rod, 15 of August of 2014 at 10:26

Morning all. I haven't started one of these for yonks! BT Good - I am 13 weeks pregnant today! This is my 4th pregnancy and I've never got this far before! Bad - I have had a banging headache for the...

soraneko, sunday 17-Aug-14 15
M
Still shocked in a good way from our news this morning!
MrsBurton2015, 15 of August of 2014 at 20:05

So had a lovely visit from my FIL2B this morning as he wanted to speak to me and H2B. FIL2B has given us a cheque for £5000 for the wedding so we dont have to work lots of overtime to pay for...

chels1315, saturday 16-Aug-14 8
L
I'm looking forward to the weekend because...
LalaC1988, 15 of August of 2014 at 07:00

Finally Friday!! And this week, I get a normal weekend (on a saturday and sunday!!) so i'm looking forward to the weekend for that reason being one of the biggest, I am also having a wedding hair...

Erin8, tuesday 19-Aug-14 23
M
Angry mummy alert!
Mrslizziew2be, 13 of August of 2014 at 21:01

Today i was in our little tesco at a bus station, I had my doughter in her pushchair, my son walking and my best friend walking with her crutch, I started walking to the last aisle and noticed it's...

Mrslizziew2be, thursday 14-Aug-14 3
M
Such a generous friend!
Mrslizziew2be, 14 of August of 2014 at 18:11

Some of youay remember the other week I was trying to get the best price for our wedding wine and tracked it down at asda, had an email saying it would be at my house the next day... It never turnt...

Mrslizziew2be, thursday 14-Aug-14 5
bliss_balloons
Giving notice
bliss_balloons , 14 of August of 2014 at 11:38

Did not realise you could only give notice in the week, now we both have to book a day off work just to go in. Very annoying! Took them a week to call us back as well. ?

MrsKHbutterfly, thursday 14-Aug-14 5
K
50 day to go, starting to feel the stress
katie80uk, 14 of August of 2014 at 11:07

Only got 50 days to go until the big day and ive started my sleepless nights and stress now feel like im doing everything myself, and i have to work right up to the day and only have the weekend to...

InkedDoll, thursday 14-Aug-14 1
A little bit odd?
*CrazyCatLady*, 13 of August of 2014 at 21:27

I went wedding dress shopping back in February and decided to book appointments for three different bridal shops on one day (hectic day!) There were 2 dresses that I was trying to decide between (one...

cymruangel, thursday 14-Aug-14 10
C
what % of your budget are you spending on your venue?
CharlotteDaisy, 13 of August of 2014 at 19:37

So I've found a beautiful, perfect venue, but the cost is 4800 pretty much 50% of our budget! So I wondered what is normal?! There's so much else to pay for, but, it IS the venue... Please help! x

jesikab4u, monday 18-Aug-14 45
cymruangel
What dress would your OH buy you?
cymruangel, 13 of August of 2014 at 16:14

A bit of a "Don't Tell the Bride" inspired post this: If your other half were in charge of buying your outfit, what would s/he buy and would s/he be right? During wedding planning, I have discovered a...

Stephanie104, thursday 14-Aug-14 27
WickyWack
Is it too early in the year..
WickyWack, 13 of August of 2014 at 15:43

To light the coal fire?? I was bit cold last night and since we have a new home n all with a chimney fire, wondered whether it was too soon? Or am I just being a bit soft? ?

MrsShep, wednesday 20-Aug-14 45

General groups

Hitched article topics