• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

8 of August of 2015

3201days 22hours

Discussions

M
Photographer Cost
MissBtoB, 29 of June of 2015 at 20:49

Hi. We have just been quoted £2000 for photography. This is way over what I was thinking and had only wanted to spend £600 max. Please can someone tell me what a realistic cost would be. I'm now...

BriertonBride, saturday 11-Jul-15 37
Nature Bride
Caterer? 6 weeks to go
Nature Bride, 29 of June of 2015 at 21:00

Hi all, So it's just under 6 weeks until my wedding, eek! I've not heard from my caterer since I booked them months ago, should I be contacting them? I don't want to harass them as I'm sure they're...

AKWedding, monday 29-Jun-15 1 607
MsCoffeeCrazy
Worst wedding ever?
MsCoffeeCrazy, 30 of September of 2014 at 17:40

I've been thinking about ways to make sure our reception is a good night for our guests. It got me to thinking about what can go wrong. I was just wondering what the worst weddings you've ever been to...

Sparty, thursday 2-Oct-14 23
M
Outdoor Wedding Food & Free bar?
MellieMoo, 1 of October of 2014 at 18:08

Hi everyone, I'm Amy from Staffordshire and i'm getting married in 2016, either July or August not decided yet. We're having a festival wedding with a marquee and live music. As this doesn't really...

MellieMoo, thursday 2-Oct-14 12
Soon2BMrsJ
The Diet Issue!
Soon2BMrsJ, 1 of October of 2014 at 15:21

Hi All, So I am getting married in just under a year and I wanted to know who is planning to try and lose weight for their big day? I'm a size 14/16 and always planned to lose weight for my wedding...

Scottish_Sarah, sunday 5-Oct-14 24
Jessie0410
Cake Prices
Jessie0410, 25 of September of 2014 at 18:29

How much is everyone spending on their wedding cake? I have no idea what is reasonable, we fancy a three tier lemon, chocolate and vanilla sponge. The few places we have enquired with are around...

MissExcited, tuesday 30-Sep-14 15
Nature Bride
Vegetarian caterers in Sussex
Nature Bride, 24 of September of 2014 at 09:37

Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows of any vegetarian caterers in Sussex? Our favourite restaurant Terre a Terre doesn't do outside catering sadly. Our second choice Food for Friends says they do on...

Nature Bride, sunday 28-Sep-14 3
Nature Bride
Flower girl's shoe sizes
Nature Bride, 28 of September of 2014 at 19:32

Hi, My flower girls will be 3 years old and 20 months old on the wedding day. Could anyone with flower girls/children of the same age tell me their shoe sizes? I know it's different for everyone but...

Nature Bride, sunday 28-Sep-14 405
Nature Bride
Housework and working full time.
Nature Bride, 26 of September of 2014 at 19:25

Hi all, I'm just wondering, and I'm sure it can't just be me, but how do those of you who work full time and your fiancees work full time manage your housekeeping? I am really struggling and it's...

Micky, wednesday 14-Jun-23 24
Nature Bride
Average price for wedding album?
Nature Bride, 9 of September of 2014 at 17:50

Hi all, I just wondered what people have paid for their wedding albums from their photographers. Ours is offering one for quite a lot of money and I just wanted to check the going rate for a hard...

MrsShep, tuesday 9-Sep-14 1 818
RogueSnowflake
Any Cakey advice?
RogueSnowflake, 1 of September of 2014 at 13:53

Hi everyone! I love a nice bit of cake, but I find at weddings you rarely do get a nice bit of cake, then even when you do you are stuffed to bursting and are just eating it out of politeness / to...

Purplecake, thursday 9-Oct-14 25
Nature Bride
Flower girl dresses and pregnant bridesmaid
Nature Bride, 31 of August of 2014 at 13:41

I was just wondering how long before the wedding people have been buying their flower girl dresses, as I know kids grow quickly! Is it worth getting a dress slightly too big for them so they can wear...

janejjjones, friday 19-Sep-14 7
JellyBellyBride
Anyone else not having a hen do?
JellyBellyBride, 1 of September of 2014 at 12:28

Hoping you can all re-assure me as I'm starting to feel like a real grinch as more and more people ask what I'm doing for my hen do. I just don't want one. I'm not miserable, I'm not dreading getting...

DeeBee33, monday 1-Sep-14 9
E
Make up for bridesmaids
Excited2016bride, 31 of August of 2014 at 14:48

I'm having a make up artist and hairdresser. Was going to pay for my two bridesmaids to have hair and make up done but this would mean it coming to around £500. Do you think it's really cheeky to say...

AlmostMrsT, monday 1-Sep-14 12
MrsCWB
Total wedding splurge today!!
MrsCWB, 29 of August of 2014 at 17:14

I went off on one today, so, I bought: A sweetie table sign Socks for all the groomsmen and my brother An umbrella A veil (I didn't want one originally, but after my hen night where everyone who...

kimiu, sunday 31-Aug-14 5
Mummy2Ebony
Want to see my dress again!!
Mummy2Ebony, 30 of August of 2014 at 18:46

I was lucky enough to find my dress early on in my search..... Thing is that now, I really want to go and see it and try it on again!! We aren't getting married until August next year, so don't need...

Yellow Stars, sunday 31-Aug-14 4
Nature Bride
Photographer quotes
Nature Bride, 26 of August of 2014 at 11:59

Right, I have been searching around for a photographer. Initially we were unsure whether to hire one or not as they are a great expense and neither of us are keen on the traditional forced smiles...

mariannechuaphotogra, tuesday 2-Sep-14 16
Shamy
Beauty treatments before the big day
Shamy, 28 of August of 2014 at 10:09

I love a pamper and so I'm treating our wedding day as a perfect excuse to indulge :-) I'm having a facial, eyebrow threading and a mani/pedi. I was planning on having my regular cut and blow dry too...

DerbyshireBride94, saturday 30-Aug-14 20
J
Family Guest list dilemma HELP!!
jesikab4u, 28 of August of 2014 at 08:20

So, I'm in a right pickle and not really sure what to do. I'm going through who we are inviting to our wedding and have hit a brick wall. so here's whats going on. when I was 14 my dad past away...

MRSLUXTON2B, thursday 28-Aug-14 6
I-go-by-many-names
the surname dilemma (again)
I-go-by-many-names, 28 of August of 2014 at 08:51

This has been debated many a time but here goes. In the interests of promoting equality and seeing an end to one of the misogynistic and old fashioned traditions that marriage entertains, my OH and I...

MrsShep, tuesday 2-Sep-14 56
B
Booking your registrar
Bridally, 28 of August of 2014 at 08:37

Hi Everyone, we were told by quite a few venues you can only book your registrar 12 months to the date of your wedding. I've seen people post on here that they have booked their registrar with more...

Bridally, tuesday 2-Sep-14 17
AuntieBJ
Name change
AuntieBJ, 27 of August of 2014 at 10:40

I've been making a list of people/organisations I need to let know about my change of name after the big event. I am sure I've forgotten something important!!! Help me please ? Bank Credit Card...

Nature Bride, thursday 28-Aug-14 12
K
Role for sis in law
KLP, 27 of August of 2014 at 11:34

Hi ladies help needed! I really want my future sister in law to be involved in the wedding. Both my brothers are doing something - one is reading other is musical. I asked her to do a reading but she...

Nature Bride, wednesday 27-Aug-14 7
C
Cake rant"
cw2b, 27 of August of 2014 at 17:00

So I asked my mum to check how many people the bottom tier will serve as I couldn't remember and I don't get chance at work. She then decided to order another cake as she didn't think the cake we had...

Sazzle24, wednesday 27-Aug-14 4
beccak
GOOD LUCK ***CrazyRatLady - 5th September 2014***
beccak, 27 of August of 2014 at 17:53

CrazyRatLady - it's your turn next on the list of September Brides. Not long now! So whilst I'm still around...... GOOD LUCK! Hope you have a fantastic day making lots of amazing memories. This is...

LucyLastic, friday 5-Sep-14 42
S
Where do I start??
S and S Wedding , 27 of August of 2014 at 10:35

Hi My head is full of stuff already. we have decided to get married. All we have sorted is the church? Where else do I start. there is so much to do?? Any top tips would be great. Thank you Sophie ...

xSarahCx, tuesday 2-Sep-14 8
alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk
Where are you saving and where are you splurging!!
alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk, 27 of August of 2014 at 16:39

I was just interested to read about everybody's ideas and what's most important to them! We've tried so much to save money! My OH is a chef and doing all our food which will be reheated/prepared on...

charlinc, sunday 31-Aug-14 39
Nature Bride
Help me find some trainers!
Nature Bride, 26 of August of 2014 at 22:40

Here's a challenge for you lovely Hitchers... as we're on a tight budget saving for the big day, I need a new pair of trainers and I have given myself a budget of £30. They aren't for sports just...

Nature Bride, wednesday 27-Aug-14 2
DrBuffles
I'm a Mrs! ******flash*******
DrBuffles, 26 of August of 2014 at 17:57

So, we finally got married last Sat and as cliched as it sounds it truly was the best day of my life. Currently on mini moon in Nice booked as a surprise by my groom which is gorgeous and hoping I...

kharding2014, saturday 30-Aug-14 31

General groups

Hitched article topics