• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

23 of January of 2016

3043days 8hours

Discussions

N
Coastal help
nicolafrodo, 10 of April of 2016 at 09:18

Hi! Me and my fiance are planning on getting married summer 2017. I would love a coastal wedding but it would have to be somewhere in the north so Cumbria, Lancashire, North Wales etc and we don't...

kimster, monday 11-Apr-16 1
R
Petite wedding dresses
RomanticBrownFlowers536, 2 of April of 2016 at 18:08

Help. I've been for my 1st dress appointment today and feel pretty overwhelmed. I'm 4"11 and the shop had no petite dresses and although they were fab with suggested alterations and info on how the...

Lakesbride16, sunday 3-Apr-16 2
L
Hair accessories
LauraLtobe, 1 of April of 2016 at 21:09

Hi ladies, Just wondering where you got your hair accessories from? I'm looking for something that would clip half my hair back and that is quite sparkly! I'm hoping to maybe borrow something from my...

LauraLtobe, wednesday 6-Apr-16 12
Pookie8911
Who should pay?
Pookie8911, 27 of March of 2016 at 16:29

I know nothing is done by 'tradition' any more, and I really don't want it to be a costly or stressful thing for you bridesmaids as appreciate it's not their burden, but... What have others done about...

Sorbet, tuesday 29-Mar-16 24
Justkeepswimming
Postbox/basket where to put cards & presents?
Justkeepswimming, 13 of March of 2016 at 14:19

We have asked for money towards honeymoon rather than gifts. I haven't set up a website or anything as i thought people would probably just give money or a cheque if they so wish. Originally I was...

hollyhollytree, tuesday 15-Mar-16 12
M
Guestbook ideas
Miss-KEM, 13 of March of 2016 at 10:57

We get married in June and just looking to get everything finished off. I asked OH what he wants to do about a guestbook and he originally wanted to go for a normal guestbook. I didn't really want...

NoMoore, thursday 17-Mar-16 18
Pookie8911
To veil or not to veil!
Pookie8911, 13 of March of 2016 at 11:43

Probably worrying about the wrong things really, as still not found my dress, but was chatting to the other half this morning, and he's said he's really not bothered about me wearing a veil! I didn't...

Justkeepswimming, friday 25-Mar-16 19
K
Bits for sale - tea light holders, fairy lights, lanterns
kimster, 21 of February of 2016 at 13:10

Hi all, I have a few bits for sale from my wedding last month. All prices are what I would like but feel free to make me an offer! Paper lanterns and honeycombs - all £1 each. All in great condition,...

kimster, saturday 12-Mar-16 7
K
Manchester Wedding Fair 12-13 March
kimster, 7 of March of 2016 at 21:37

Hi all, I've just had an email to say I've won 2 tickets to the North West wedding fair at EventCity in Manchester this weekend, 12-13 March. I've recently married so don't want to go, but it says I...

kimster, tuesday 8-Mar-16 1
R
Venues in North West UK
RubyMonday, 29 of February of 2016 at 20:04

Hi! I'm looking for a venue in the North West, possibly in Cheshire, Lancashire, Wales etc. We need accommodation due to the number of people travelling from the South and would like exclusivity but...

MulticolouredBride, thursday 10-Mar-16 8
Stephisaur
Rachel Simpson Shoes
Stephisaur, 23 of February of 2016 at 19:55

Hi lovelies I have an appointment to go to the Rachel Simpson boutique on Saturday and I am stupid excited! Just wondering whether any of you lovely ladies had tried on her shoes or worn them for your...

Stephisaur, monday 29-Feb-16 17
J
Dress shopping in Manchester/cheshire
JessicaRoseTobeSmith, 14 of February of 2016 at 15:47

Hi ladies, Can anyone recommend some good wedding dress boutiques around the Manchester /Cheshire area. I want to make appointments to go around April time but I just don't know where to look? Thank...

kimster, wednesday 24-Feb-16 4
L
Bad wedding dream!
Lakesbride16, 1 of February of 2016 at 14:17

Hi all! Bit of a PP but thought I'd share! I've been fairly calm and collected throughout the wedding planning process but I had such a bizarre dream last night where I'd got to 2 days before my...

Sapphirebride, monday 22-Feb-16 18
D
Can I ask them this? (Bar drinks)
Daffodil2017, 10 of February of 2016 at 15:39

Hi everyone, For our wedding next year we have a venue with a pay bar. We are also having an afternoon tea after the ceremony and we would really love to be able to have Cornish cider available. I...

Bobbys_Girl, thursday 11-Feb-16 6
D
Anxiety!
Daffodil2017, 3 of February of 2016 at 13:21

Now that I can officially say we're getting married "next year" I decided it's time to start properly organising things. We don't have a lot of money so it seems important to plan things with plenty...

Little_MrsA2B, saturday 6-Feb-16 11
P
Winter Wedding ~ Yay or Nay?
poppymarble, 4 of February of 2016 at 17:12

Hi everyone, We got engaged on NYE this year, so are looking to get married in 2018, but can't settle on a rough date. I don't want to wait nearly 3 years to actually get married, so we are looking at...

InkedDoll, friday 5-Feb-16 9
Happily_married_mrsM
help me RE. favours and games
Happily_married_mrsM, 3 of February of 2016 at 14:27

Afternoon ladies. Basically I am getting married in sept (woohoo) and I am unsure about my favours. The plan so far is a small metal bucket, inside the bucket there will be a small packet of sweets, a...

kimster, thursday 4-Feb-16 3
E
Balloons
ExpensiveBlueConfetti486, 2 of February of 2016 at 20:12

Hey, I was just wanting people's advise. I am getting married next year and I am looking to use giant balloons with tassels as my wedding decorations. Has anyone used balloons or seen them at...

ExpensiveBrownDiamon, thursday 17-Mar-16 13
Miss-b
First dance, yay or nay?
Miss-b, 21 of January of 2016 at 10:38

My OH and I were talking about this last night! We are planning on having evening entertainment, so either a DJ or singer as hire of the dance floor is included in our package. My OH isn't keen as he...

Aspenlady, sunday 31-Jan-16 19
E
Family Thinks Our Wedding is Cheap
ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257, 26 of January of 2016 at 17:31

ExpensiveBrownDiamon, thursday 28-Jan-16 14
N
My Wedding Report... Long!
NoMoore, 25 of January of 2016 at 15:49

Warning this is a long read! I will post photos in a second post as I get too confused with all the photos! J How we met We met on an internet dating website at the end of 2010, his friends had set...

Stephisaur, thursday 14-Jul-16 25
IngridHughes
Show off your Gown!
IngridHughes, 6 of December of 2015 at 19:05

Hey!! I'm kind of very confused about wedding dresses so as another member kindly suggested I would love it if you could show me your wedding dress!! Maybe I can find some inspiration or at least we...

Leelee85, monday 25-Jan-16 81
T
What "thank you" gifts are you giving to your mums
Tidal Wave, 25 of January of 2016 at 13:54

We have been looking for something really nice for both mob/mog. We want them to have the same thing, problem is my mil will be getting on a plane the day after. These are things we've ruled out due...

Tidal Wave, thursday 28-Jan-16 9
Lapland2015
January 23rd- Kimster
Lapland2015, 9 of December of 2015 at 11:04

Have an amazing wedding day!!

kimster, monday 25-Jan-16 7
I
How to get copies of marriage certificate?
imabusybee, 19 of January of 2016 at 22:28

Hope someone can help as I have googled and no answers! I got married on Saturday and need a few copies of my wedding certificate, but online applications say they can't be for weddings within the...

Daisy Bell, wednesday 20-Jan-16 3
A
MUA/hairdresser Chester area
AudreyHepburnsDouble, 3 of January of 2016 at 23:43

Hello Can anyone recommend a make-up artist and/or hairdresser in the Chester area please? Alternatively, perhaps you could link to some good Facebook community groups for the Chester area so I can...

AudreyHepburnsDouble, wednesday 13-Jan-16 1
K
Tights?
kimster, 8 of January of 2016 at 15:09

Hi all, Looking for a bit of advice about tights/stockings etc on the wedding day - I have a tea length dress and peep toe shoes, so I thought that wearing tights would look weird with the peep toe...

kimster, friday 8-Jan-16 6
S
12 o'clock wedding
Slink, 8 of January of 2016 at 15:41

I booked my registrar today (yey). I had wanted to get married around 2pm, I've been to a few weddings at this time and thought it was well spaced out. So did everyone else who is getting married so...

Love&Lavender, tuesday 12-Jan-16 11
T
Hello
Travel Lover, 25 of November of 2015 at 17:10

I just joined today after searching for forums about wedding planning. I think I've done (nearly) everything but I wanted the opportunity to chat about it. I am getting married for the second time...

kimster, thursday 26-Nov-15 4

General groups

Hitched article topics