Skip to main content
C
Cece100

United Kingdom · From April 2015

• Beginner

Discussions

C
Cece100, 1 of April of 2016 at 13:29

Hi ladies (and gents), I really want to get your opinion on something as I'm not too sure if I am being overly sensitive and looking into this too much. I apologize in advance if this is a bit long...

Cece100, monday 4-Apr-16 42
R
To Invite or Not To Invite?
RachD90, 24 of March of 2016 at 14:30

Should I invite someone's wife who hasn't invite my fiance. I decided yes I am inviting them because it's just me being mean not to.

RachD90, friday 25-Mar-16 17
P
PP - Skin
Pooba, 24 of March of 2016 at 13:27

*Rant start* I have bad skin. Ever since I hit puberty, I've had at least one bad spot on the go - never full blown facefull - but enough to be conscious and embarrassed by it. I figured/hoped that it...

Mrsjones2024, wednesday 30-Mar-16 21
rach_217
Bridesmaid Gifts
rach_217, 24 of March of 2016 at 07:50

Hi lovely Hitchers! I'm looking for a bit of inspiration from you all in regards to bridesmaid presents, I want to get my 2 girls a little something but have no ideas - I know the traditional items...

Cece100, thursday 24-Mar-16 6
L
Help with apology note!
Laurensmum, 23 of March of 2016 at 22:00

Hi guys I am sending out my whole day invites next week and am having to slip an apology note into one but have no idea where to start! One guest unfortunately won't be able to come along with her OH....

Cece100, thursday 24-Mar-16 12
W
Alcohol free reception?
warmheartedmama, 23 of March of 2016 at 13:31

Hiya! We're still venue hunting here so nothing concrete to base this on, but here goes. My Husband to be is a recovering alcoholic and if there is alcohol available he cannot say no or just have one,...

SparkleyBean, thursday 31-Mar-16 28
A
!!ANYONE!! I need some advice with planning speeches/who's giving me away!!
anxiousbridetobe.91, 25 of January of 2016 at 11:10

This will be a long story, but I'll try to keep it as short as possible! My biological parents split up before I turned one, they both then went on to find new partners (whom they married) and had...

poppymarble, saturday 30-Jan-16 10
M
Bridezilla/bridesmaid problems
Mrsnmac2016, 24 of January of 2016 at 22:10

I really don't want to come across as Bridezilla but I'm starting to get really cross with my maid of honour Firstly she has decided not to spend the morning/afternoon with us getting ready, fair...

Tidal Wave, monday 25-Jan-16 5
C
Heart drop top Guest book
cantwaittobemrsb, 20 of January of 2016 at 13:13

Anyone had or having one? Where guests write on a wooden heart and drop it into a frame, which later can be hung up? I've seen quite a few online, and recommendations? Or if you have made your own,...

Slnk2182, friday 22-Jan-16 17
C
Our Boozy Vineyard Wedding - The (long overdue) Report - FLASH HEAVY
Choods87, 27 of October of 2015 at 13:49

So it’s been 7 weeks since we tied the knot and then embarked on a 3 and a half week long honeymoon around Australia and Fiji so I thought it was about time I did my report along with a few flashes...

jayannfernandez, friday 6-Nov-15 26
L
What are you paying for for your BMs?
LauraLtobe, 3 of November of 2015 at 18:45

So I've just seen the thread about buying BMs shoes or asking them to buy their own and what's the right etiquette and it's got me a bit worried about what I was planning on doing. A bit if...

Ash953, thursday 12-Nov-15 33
K
Odd question that I'm not expecting anyone to know the answer to!! (and therefore a bit of a PP!)
kerrie_jay, 7 of September of 2015 at 14:28

I was in Moss Bros in Tunbridge Wells sorting suits on Saturday just gone. They had a bridal magazine in there I think from February 2015 with a stunning dress on the front that my H2B said was...

Jayne E, tuesday 8-Sep-15 16
D
DIY invites- designing myself then printing online. Confused!
drbride, 7 of September of 2015 at 11:24

Hi all, I was hoping to get some advice on designing your own invitation and then printing online (thinking of printed.com). Their templates are all in software I don't have eg adobe illustrator and I...

KaterinGin, friday 28-Apr-23 7
C
Using old sheet music
Chale, 7 of September of 2015 at 11:34

Mr C and I were clearing out the garage over the weekend. It's so full of stuff that we barely made a dent, but I found lots of things to put on eBay (wedding fund!) AND we ended up with a big stack...

Chale, monday 7-Sep-15 8
H
Nottingham wedding venue advice needed!!!
HappyIvoryConfetti289, 1 of September of 2015 at 17:40

Hello everyone :-) I am very new to this! We have been engaged a year in November and gave the wedding planning a big break after realising the price of venues we loved (all being around 7k). I have...

HappyIvoryConfetti28, friday 4-Sep-15 11
Mrs.K2b
We did it - I'm now 'The Wife!' **Flash**
Mrs.K2b, 1 of September of 2015 at 17:44

So we finally got married on Friday! We had the most amazing day, everything went exactly as planned, and it truly couldn't have been any more perfect! Everyone has said since that they had the best...

jayannfernandez, friday 4-Sep-15 18
daisymoo86
Guest book ideas...
daisymoo86, 1 of September of 2015 at 12:35

OK so I thought I wanted a heart drop frame guest book but a friend got married at the weekend and said she regrets having that as it just looks messy. The hearts are too small for any real words and...

NoMoore, thursday 3-Sep-15 12
MrsB88
Ahhhh we did it!! *flashes*
MrsB88, 31 of August of 2015 at 13:34

Am posting from the beautiful Mauritius! So our wedding went amazingly perfect on thursday! Everything went to plan and rain stayed away! Food was amazing, venue was amazing. Everything! Am so happy....

HelenSomerset, sunday 6-Sep-15 21
M
Wedding Twin Disaster :-(
misslynx, 1 of September of 2015 at 14:41

Hi all, I need to vent and cry somewhere! I have found out a mate/acquaintance of mine is getting married for the 3rd time on the same date as me! (My first!) Just had a decline (after provisionally...

Jayne E, tuesday 1-Sep-15 8
E
Rude Comments from In Laws
ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257, 1 of September of 2015 at 16:43

This is mostly just a vent, but I’m beginning to get frustrated with my future in-laws. Mainly OH’s brother and sister-in-law. Because OH and I have a long distance relationship I’ve only met them a...

bananacatdance, tuesday 1-Sep-15 7
L
Guest List, old school friends
lucdafox, 11 of August of 2015 at 22:37

Hey, I'm new to the forum so hopefully I'm putting this in the right place Basically i'm starting to try and get an idea of a guest list, for numbers really. I'm hoping to keep our wedding to around...

yorkshirekiwi, thursday 13-Aug-15 7
hollyhollytree
Struggling with colour clashes!
hollyhollytree, 10 of August of 2015 at 22:02

So it's a little over a year to go until the big day, I know I've got plenty of time but I am finding it difficult to think of colours for flowers, bridesmaid dress, tables etc. My H2B is in the...

yorkshirekiwi, wednesday 12-Aug-15 18
Lapland2015
Help please! Bridesmaid cover ups
Lapland2015, 5 of August of 2015 at 18:05

I have been driving myself crazy all day looking at bridesmaid wraps/stoles/boleros you name it I have googled it! We are getting married in an ice chapel so it will be around -5 inside. They have...

Lapland2015, thursday 6-Aug-15 5
D
Help Please x Wedding venue needed for less than 20 people, UK or abroad x
djfrost, 5 of August of 2015 at 15:59

❤️ Hi All Please can you help me, I am looking for a wedding venue for less than 20 guests, I still want it to be beautiful and special, as I am flying out my immediate family from NZ - but I have...

djfrost, thursday 6-Aug-15 17
C
Photographer Confusion!!
Cece100, 22 of June of 2015 at 13:23

Hi ladies, I hope some of you are able to offer a little bit of advice. As the subject suggests I am currently suffering from Photographer confusion! Photographs are one of the most important things...

Bruce Neville Photog, monday 22-Jun-15 15
Elliefunt
Newborn baby and wedding
Elliefunt, 15 of June of 2015 at 21:58

Hi...so a couple of months ago DP and I were chatting about our wedding (in ten months time) and said that now would be really bad timing to have a baby. Not sure what made us have that conversation...

Faruk, tuesday 28-Dec-21 9
B
OH is driving me mad!!
Brooksy, 17 of June of 2015 at 10:17

Sorry but I need to have a little rant - getting married on saturday and OH is driving me mad!! Today is supposed to be our last day at work, got a list as long of my arm of things that need doing...

InkedDoll, thursday 18-Jun-15 9
S
Glitter candles or not?
SoontobeMrsJ, 11 of June of 2015 at 20:08

Hi Im after some non-biased opinions. I've just made some glitter initial letters for our wedding. I over-estimated the amount of glitter and have tons left over. I've been thinking what to do with...

Teal, saturday 13-Jun-15 8
V
Wedding gifts / Cash !
vwills, 5 of June of 2015 at 09:18

Hey everyone...I know this is likely to be met with some very different opinions as I've seen lots of people saying different things about this!! Basically my fiance and I have agreed that we don't...

Chucklevision, thursday 11-Jun-15 81
H
Bridesmaid Advice- different shapes and sizes! Help!
Herbieswifetobe, 11 of June of 2015 at 15:13

Hi Ladies I am getting married next July (so excited!) It's a traditional church wedding followed by the evening do at a posh golf course My problem is, that I have 6 bridesmaids who are literally all...

Emilyjane5, tuesday 16-Jun-15 4

General groups

Hitched article topics