Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs_imp
Beginner June 2012

Planning a wedding in Ibiza

Mrs_imp, 5 of January of 2011 at 15:54

Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 2,653

Hi everyone This is my first post on hitched and I hope some of you out there can help me.

Hi everyone

This is my first post on hitched and I hope some of you out there can help me.

2,653 replies

• I
    Beginner May 2011
    ibizabride ·
    • Hide content

Hi Tam

I am not that familiar with Santa Eulalia area to be honest so I am afraid I cant recommend any where to stay but if you use the trip advisor forum there is a guy on there called Danny Kay who lives there and is a great source of information. Just search for ibiza wedding on the forum and you should see him pop up as he is quite active there.

As for music.....My other half and I have decided to use a friend to DJ, we have known him for years and seen him play numerous times out there. He used to play in the toilets at Manumission (nuts I know but if you know anything about the Ibiza scene in the mid 90's you will understand!) and plays all sorts of crazy stuff! He is great and can play whatever you ask him to and technically hes a great DJ too. I dont know how much he charges normally but If you want his details let me know. Other than him I know there is another guy on the Trip Advisor forums who advertises himself as a DJ and he sounds like he has done quite a few ibiza weddings. I forget his name but am sure you will find him if you search ibiza wedding dj or something. I know of quite a few good, eclectic DJ's who work out there during the summer and have a wide taste and collection in music who would probably be up for it and can be booked on short notice so probably no need to stress over it quite yet!

My paperwork is all in place and I now just have to sort out the order of service, rings, cars, dress fitting, jewellery, hair, gifts...... hahahah i keep thinking that there isnt much left to organise but I guess there is! oops!

Good luck with your reconaissance trip, let us know how you get on!

JEssica x

• I
    Beginner May 2011
    ibizabride ·
    • Hide content

I already have my flowers thanks.......ordered them from Ups-a-daisy and they are fab!

I must say I am rather suspicious that you might infact be the owner of floral dreams trying to spam your own site. Looking on your post history and the fact you have posted that message twice it seems highly likely.

If you were honest you would probably get a better response from people. Just saying.

J.

• I
    Beginner May 2011
    ibizabride ·
    • Hide content

Pixiee999 - did you visit Ibiza yet and see any of the venues? My wedding is only 3 weeks away now, I cant believe it has come around so quick!

Send us your news I need to take my mind of my own! haha

J.x

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Hi J

Nope, not been yet... we go on the 23rd for a week. It feels like it has taken ages to come around and these last few weeks have dragged! I can't imagine how super excited you must be feeling at the moment, not long to wait though now!

We have got loads of appointments lined up now for whilst we are out there... I keep changing my mind about which is my favourite! So far we are seeing...

Amante, Pura Vida, El Chiringuito, Atzaro, Sa Punta, cap des falco, boutique hostal las salinas, casa mila and can curreu... maybe bambuddha grove. I really don't know how I am going to make my mind up! ?

Have you got anything left to do now or is everything sorted? When do you go?

xxx

• I
    Beginner May 2011
    ibizabride ·
    • Hide content

Wow you are going to be busy when you are out there! I think you just need to draw up a list like price, atmosphere, surrounding area, personality of the venue owners (you dont want to be dealing with difficult people!) etc and work out which ones tick all or most of the boxes. You should also bear in mind ease of transportation (Cap Des Falco is quite a trek and along a small bumpy road!) depending on how many guests you have travelling some places might be a bit difficult for people who dont know their way around to get to, or if you have a bus or something taking guests some roads are harder than others to get larger vehicles down. I am sure the lady who has sorted out all your appointments will be able to tell you all that though. A word of advice about El Chiringuito.....it is lovely and the food is good I hear but because of where it is, depending on when you are getting married it can be mozzy central particularly if its been wet/raining recently!

I feel like I dont have anything ready but am determined not to get bogged down with everything being perfect and stressing myself out over minor details. I have my dress and other half has his clothes more or less sorted. We are going ot get the rings later today, the priest is all booked and so is the restaurant. I am not going until the 4th in the evening and I get married on the 7th in the afternoon so i dont have a lot of time to organise things but hopefully all I will need to do is go to Cas Mila and sort out the menu and make sure they know what they are doing! The only big things left to do are transport for the guests and my car (i found a great little company online called Duks United and they rent old citroen 2cv's for 55EUR a day in May! They are super cute and sooooo coool so I think I am set on arriving in one of those. I am hiring a lady to set up the venue and liaise with the restaurant and bus company on the morning of the wedding so I dont have to deal with it. She charges 150EUR for coordination on the day so hopefully I can leave a lot of the last minute stuff (decorations, cake etc) up to her to collect and arrange. I am a mixture of excited and nervous, it is starting to dawn on me that it is me doing this for real! I am not keen on being the center of attention and keep panicking about walking down the aisle and having everyone looking at me! I think I shall just bury my head in the sand and not think about it too much or I will completely freak out! haha

I shall look forward to reading about your trip and if you pick up any tips to give me last minute I will be online until the 4th and welcome any advice! Good luck Pixeee!

Jessica.x

• db3000
    Beginner October 2012
    db3000 ·
    • Hide content

Hey jessica,

Do you have contact details for the woman you have hired? I had been thinking I'd probably have to run around doing those things myself. And 150 seems worth it for peace of mind!

I think im pretty set on booking Amante. Going over in October to get everything booked. I think we'll be getting our cake from Cardamom Catering, flowers from El Ramo de Flores and Anna Liu for photography.

Dx

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

Hi Hi Ibiza Brides!

Just a quick one as I'm working and sneaky posting but I'll be back this evening to let you all know how my wedding planning trip went... Smiley smile

Does anyone have Sam and Johnnys contact details to hand pls?

Jess are you using Tiff on the day?? I chatted to her about that service too and it sounds great and really cost effective. I got another on the day quote of £450!!!

Back later

x

• I
    Beginner May 2011
    ibizabride ·
    • Hide content

Hi girls!

Ibizalovin' - I am (hopefully) having Tiff although I need to make sure she is available that day still as I guess it is quite short notice! I also got the other quote of 450 from Boho!?! Sam and Johnny are on this email - ************@*****.** Cant wait to hear your news!

Db3000 - The ladies name is Tiffany Aldred and her email is *************@**********.*** - she is really helpful and gave me lots of leads on make up and hair too if you are interested she can help out with most things and seems pretty well connected. Just out of interest how much are Cardamom charging for a cake? I am leaving it down to my venue to sort out as they always work with the same pattisserie but I just wondered how much it was approximately as I havent got that far yet!

J.x

• db3000
    Beginner October 2012
    db3000 ·
    • Hide content

Hi jessica

I have a wedding cake brochure I could email you. I tried to do from this but couldnt see where to attach the file! If you send me your address I will send it from my email

x

• I
    Beginner May 2011
    ibizabride ·
    • Hide content

Wow thanks that would be really helpful - please forward to ************@*******.***

Smiley smile

x

• I
    Beginner September 2011
    Ibiza bride to be ·
    • Hide content

Hey Ladies,

I havent checked in in a while, wow its getting so near for all of us I have less than six months left now YIKES Smiley laugh

Ibiza bride please please can you post pics of the table displays they use at cas mila as I want to see what I will get when my day happens :o) Bet your soooo excited now!!

Im going with artifical flowers too as I need lovely coral ones.

Does anyblody know of a resonable Hair and Make up person who deals with weddings?

Also my photographer is Anne Walker has anybody had any dealings with her?

Im too fricking excited now!! Dresses, shoes, rings, suits have all been bought I wish it would be soon

Spk soon my lovely ibizaen brides to be xxxx

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jess

Thanks so much for the tips, I will let you all know how I get on when I get out there... it can't come soon enough! I'll make sure I pay attention to the location of the places in respect of transport. I had a heard about the ducks utd too, they look really funky and unique... I'll be looking into that when we've booked our venue.

DB3000- would you mind emailing me the cake brochure too please? Thanks

x

• Nikki_80
    Beginner July 2012
    Nikki_80 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies!!

I am so glad I found this thread! I too am getting married in June 2012 in Ibiza. I am going out the end of may to visit venues that we like and findout costs etc. We have been to 2 ibiza weddings in the last 3 years as our friends have got married out there and as we visit every year so it was the ideal place!

Do any of you have a wedding planner? one of my friends did and the other didn't. Both were beautiful weddings but very different. I am in two minds what to do. I am a primary teacher so not sure I will manage well without one lol! I know one of the venues we are looking at has a wedding planner attached.

ANyway good luck everyone! happy planing! :-) xx

• I
    Beginner May 2011
    ibizabride ·
    • Hide content

Hi Nikki_80

I didnt have a planner but I am asking a lady called Tiffany to help me out on the day becuse I know, with it being abroad the guests will want someone to direct their questions to and I will be way to busy to deal with them!

I am getting married on Saturday and I leave tomorrow for Ibiza. The last couple of weeks have been stressful mainly becuse I ran out of time to get things donw (bloody back to back bank holidays!) I am looking forward to getting out there and having it all out of my hands......in serious need of de stressing but I am hoping it will all be worth it!

Good luck with your planning, let us know if you need any help!

J.xxx

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ibizabride

Just wanted to say have a fantastic day on saturday... I am sure you will relax once you get out there! You will have the most amazing time I am sure, maybe you could post a picture once you get back?

We have now booked our date and venue, we get married June 25th 2012- seems ages away! We had massive problems deciding on a venue as they were all pretty fabulous, in the end we have gone for a villa and have got "eat ibiza" to our catering etc!

xx

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

Jess GOOD LUCK!!!!! cANT WAIT to hear your stories and see some pics xxxxxx

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    mcdoo ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jess,

Just wanted to say have the most amazing day tomorrow!!!

Can't wait for you to update us all on how your big day went.

Sarah xxx

• L
    Beginner September 2011
    Lucielu30 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Everyone ?

This is my first post so not sure how it will work out! I stumbled across this discussion as I am getting married in Ibiza in August - so not long now! I came across Candida (as quite a few of you have!) when we were out in Ibiza last year and she has been great. She has been helpful and hasn't suggested anything I wouldn't want. I am now looking at hair options! Has anyone come across a good hairdresser? Lucie x

• I
    Beginner September 2011
    Ibiza bride to be ·
    • Hide content

CONGRATULATIONS JESS!!!! xxxxxxxx?

• I
    Beginner September 2011
    Ibiza bride to be ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lucie,

Im looking for one too! My alternative is to go to my hairdressers and pay a fee to teach me to do a style then do my own (I think maybe go to my hairdresser 4 times to practise).

Also thinking the same with my makeup if I got to a big department store and buy the products they use they can write down step by step ideas....

If you do hear of anyone let me know please incase my DIY job doesnt work lol

• I
    Beginner May 2011
    ibizabride ·
    • Hide content

Hola!

Just thought I would pop in and say thanks for all your good luck messages, sorry I didnt get on earlier but I only just got back on Thursday morning and unfortunnately had a family funeral to get out of the way first - not what I want to be doing straight after my wedding day but you cant help bad timing I guess.

So...the day was perfect, weather a little overcast but it was the only day out of 7 that was not blue sky and sunshine - and looking back i would have been a mess had it been any hotter with all the running around etc so it all worked out. It was everything I had hoped for and I am soooo sad that it is all over but equally the happiest I have ever been right now! I will give you all the low down as soon as I have this weekend out of the way and my life straight again....and of course post a couple of photos when I get them!

Good luck to everyone still awaiting their big day, I will still be around if anyone wants any advice etc.....

Mrs IbizaBride :-) xxx

• A
    Beginner October 2012
    Alliehughes ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I am new to this having only just got enagaged recently. We too are getting married in Ibiza and do like the look of cas mila. We are having 60 guests, do you have the restaurant to yourself or will there be other people dining there ?

Thanks

Allie

• M
    Beginner
    missfox31 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations Jess!

Sounds like you had an amazing, amazing time! Can't wait to see the pics.

We've brought our wedding forward to June next year, just having a few problems co-ordinating the church with the reception, we are definately going for Cas Mila. Just need to confirm and book!

Get some pics on, I can't wait to see them.

So pleased it all went without a hitch!

Love Alex

xxxx

• M
    Beginner
    missfox31 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Db3000,

If you could please send me the wedding cake brochure, that would be fantastic.

email add is *********@*******.**.**.

Thanks in advance

Alex

xxx

• M
    Beginner
    missfox31 ·
    • Hide content

Hi again Jessica.

Sorry to bombard you with questions again, but did Sam and johnny do your wedding music and if so what did you choose, and what was it like?

I've tried to search on the net for but couldn't find anything any where and I'm not sure what they do which is worrying me slightly.

Thanks again for all your help and advice, I cant wait to see the pics!

Alex

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jess

I am so happy for you, it sounds like you had the most amazing time! I have to say I am a little bit worried about the heat, so by the sounds of things it was good that it was overcast. Our photogrpaher said that the photos always turn out more interesting with overcast weather! I can't wait to hear more about it when your feet touch the ground!!!

The girls that are looking for hair and makeup you could try either.... Belissima in sta eulalia, ask for nicole or smack ibiza( mobile) either sara or corina, I am going with smack ibiza as I just got a better vibe from them, although nicole was lovely too.

Emma

x

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    jadejagger ·
    • Hide content

Hello

I am in the very early stages of planning my wedding next year in Ibiza. I have used Samantha and Jonny to provisionally book July 14th 2012 for the church in Santa Eulalia.

Has anyone had a beach BBQ as the wedding reception? As this is what we would ideally like to do and I have found a stunning menu on eat-ibiza. I was just wondering though do you still need to book somewhere as reception can you have music on the beach?

I will be going out in September for a couple of days with my mum to look at places etc. For now I am just trying to decide which company to use - if you have your beach BBQ through eat-ibiza you get wedding planner included.

Any information from anyone who has had the beach BBQ and whether this can be done in Santa Eulalia would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jade

We wanted to do the same thing to start with but realised it works out quite expensive.

As far as I am aware you have to come to a financial agreement with the owner of a beach bar/restaurant to be able to have a bbq by the beach... So basically they will shut down their bar/restaurant for the day for your wedding and hold the bbq there. All beaches in Ibiza are public and so you cannot just pick a beach and get your caterer to set up as there will be public everywhere!

I went to Ibiza a few weeks ago and met with Vickki from Eat, and she showed us around some lovely venues and in the end we decided to go with her and have booked a private villa. I know that she does have some connections with a couple of beach venues that you can hire, although when we looked at this it seemed very expensive. I think from memory it is approx 5k exclusivity fee just to hire the venue and then the caterer and drinks etc on top! I know if you email her she will send you then list of venues that she can take you to see.

There are other beach side venues, we went to see Amante which is gorgeous, Cap Des Falco also gorgeous in a different way( pebbley not sand, El chiringuito- we weren't keen but I can see why others would like it. If you want me to email you some pictures that we took of the venues then I can.

There are also a few other venues that candi @ ibiza wedding shop does- if you google it you can see them online.

Good luck with your venue hunting!

x

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    jadejagger ·
    • Hide content

Hi Emma

Thanks for your reply. Vickki also replied to me earlier today and sent me a list of the venues etc and yes I agree 5,000 euros is quite steep just for location fee - especially when you take into account that with EAT it is 4,500 for 50 people to eat, although the menu does look amazing!

I just don't think the villa would work for us though - too many complications about who would stop in it. Our family isn't very normal and if we stopped in their with friends think we would just party for 7 days!

Ibizaweddingshop have emailed me a package that they offer which includes venue, food, car, photographer, dj etc all for 5995 euros!!! So we are currently looking into this, although I don't need a photographer or DJ as have my own so asked for a revised package price.

The only thing is it's not in Santa Eulalia but we are open to any catholic church. Secret Hideaway is in Cala Carbo - does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks

Jade

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jade

Is that the secret hideaway at cala carbo on the beach? We went to see it when we were there, it is lovely and directly on the beach. It is pretty "rustic" but it has a lot of charm. We have pics of it if you want some more sending over? It is quite small, but there is a bar nextdoor that you can use if you would rather I think. Candi's wedding packages are very reasonable, and I have to say we were really tempted.

Es Cubells church is quite close, and in a very very beatiful setting. It has a lovely sea view out to Es Vedra I think from memory. We also have pics of Es Cubells.

Let me know if you want them emailing to you.

xx

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    jadejagger ·
    • Hide content

Yes that's the one well I have totally fallen in love with it so far! Some photos would be great thankyou that's very kind my email is ************@*******.***

The package price is very good especially when you consider that some places want 5000 euros just for location fee!

I have just looked at Es Cubells church it looks lovely - just waiting for Candi to email back now.

I will be going out in September so will get to see everything then! An earlier post on here someone said about the Ibiza Duck Cars - I think they are great and definately want one of those I am really into my retro stuff!

Jade x

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    jadejagger ·
    • Hide content

Also do you know which is sort of the nearest resort? As alot of my family have young children and want to book through somewhere like Thomsons so they get a child to go free!

Thanks

Jade

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics