Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs_imp
Beginner June 2012

Planning a wedding in Ibiza

Mrs_imp, 5 of January of 2011 at 15:54

Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 2,653

Hi everyone This is my first post on hitched and I hope some of you out there can help me.

Hi everyone

This is my first post on hitched and I hope some of you out there can help me.

2,653 replies

• M
    Beginner
    missfox31 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks again Jess for al the info.

As far as the church music goes, I have no idea what to have? Do they sing along to a CD or do they play their own instruments? I'm thinking of having Ava Maria for walking down the aisle, I'm stumpped after that because I'm not sure if it would sound cheesy if I got her to sing the songs I want. For instance I LOVE Florence and the machine but I'm not sure a cover would sound any good? I'm meeting with her in October to discuss further, I'm really stuck. What did you have? xxx

Alex

• I
    Beginner May 2011
    ibizabride ·
    • Hide content

Hi Alex

Sam is vry adaptable and f you give her enough notice I am sure she will try and learn whatever song you want? Hr husband plays the organ and has a synthesizer keyboard so you can have any instrument you like too!

The music I chose was all very traditional so I just had him play it on the organ and it was lovly but if you are having modern songs then I would go with the keyboard, Sam will be able to advise you anyway as they have lots and lots of experience on these things. I had the traditional wedding march in and out of the church, Ave Maria for the first solo (After the readings), My Fathers Heart by Rachel Lampa (After the vows) and From This Moment (Shania Twain) for signing of the register.

I didnt decide on my music until a couple of months before the ceremony so you have plenty of time to sort it all out :-)

Jess

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    mcdoo ·
    • Hide content

Wow Jess, the pics are great! It looks like you had a fabulous day regardless of the lack of sun. Can I ask what menu you went for at Cas Mila and what the food was like? I've booked my wedding there for next July so am intigued. Would you message me the details of who did your cake and how much they charge? Looking at your pics has made me even more excited

Sarah x

• M
    Beginner
    missfox31 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah,

I was emailing you earlier in the year about Cas mila. I have also booked for June next year, I'm sooo excited! What date is yours?

Are you not getting the wedding package supplied by Candi at Cas Mila? I'm not keen on the cup cakes and wasn't sure if you are able to provide your own cake? Also i thought the only menu available was the BBQ?

Thanks

Alex

xxx

• I
    Beginner May 2011
    ibizabride ·
    • Hide content

Hi again Ladies

I wasnt given a menu option when I went to see Rafael, I didnt use a planner I just went ahead and arranged a meeting with him myself and he just asked me what we wanted people to eat. We just asked for a salad starter, steak as the main and we had a sorbet desert (because we also served the cake straight after and I wanted people to eat the cake!) He is open to all suggestions and if there is something particular you want then you just ask hm and he adjusts the menu price accordingly. It was all very flexible.

The cake we had was all arranged by Cas Mila....they work with a local bakers for their desserts and they gave me the option of chocolate, Tiramisu, Amaretto or Fruit. I went for th chocolate and it worked out 3,50EUR per portion and had 4 'tiers' (i think there is a photo further up the thread)

Hope that helps!

Jessica.x

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    mcdoo ·
    • Hide content

Hi Alex,

We've booked ours for the 12 July next year, I had wanted late June but it's really difficult to get time off from work in June. I was a bit frustrated though that work wouldn't budge even though I was giving nearly 2 years notice. Anway we went for July, I know it's going to be hot but I would rather that than chance September and end up with rain.

What date in June have you gone for? Have you booked your flights/accommodation for next year? We've booked ours, we always stay in Cala Llonga so have booked to stay in the El Pinar for 1 week but have booked the penthouse. We also want to book a few nights after the wedding in the Fiesta Cala Llonga for 4 nights, one of the deluxe suites which has a jacuzzi on the balcony

Yeah we have gone with package from Candi which is the bbq but just wondered if Jess had had a bbq and to see what she thought of it. I'm sure you can make changes to the package, we have. We came across Ana Lui's work and just new that she had to be our photographer, I asked Candi if it would be possible to remove the lady that came with the package, which she has so that money will be deducted from our overall price and then we can use it to pay towards Ana.

I think we are going to go ahead with the cupcakes but I was thinking of getting a small cake to actually cut into, I aren't really keen on the thought of cutting in to a cupcake.

We are going over to Ibiza in a few weeks, so will be there the day which will be our wedding day next year. I'm hoping to have an aft/eve over at Cala Tarida to just sit there and think 'this time next year', it's so exciting!

Sarah xxx

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    smellybessy ·
    • Hide content

Sounds amazing...

Ibiza would be a fantastic place to get married... The party afterwards could go on for weeks!

• G
    grehovna ·
    • Hide content

http://weddingspreparation.blogspot.com/
  • M
    Beginner
    missfox31 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah,

Aw, its so exciting, I really CANT Wait! I've booked mine for the 20th of June next year, I had the same thoughts as you about a September wedding and didn't want to chance the rain, also I just couldn't wait that long!

We haven't booked the flights as yet but are probably going to do so this weekend, we were looking at jet 2 but to take your wedding dress onto the plane you have to pay for an extra seat! Do you you anyone who has got married abroad and had the same issues with the dress?

We have found a gorgeous penthouse apartment in Cala Tarida with quite reasonable prices so I will probably book that this weekend also. Here is the link, what do you think?http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Cala-Tarida-Ibiza-Apartment/110742769001994

Can I ask what changes you made to the package, we were thinking of getting Gypsy Westwood to do our photos. If not being too cheeky can I also ask how much does Ana Lui charge, I've heard many recommendations about her, also how much has Candi taken off the package to get your own photographer?

I'm also really unsure about the cupcakes, they don't look of great quality to me but I'm not sure we can afford the extra expense of a different cake.

Sorry for all the questions, but it really is lovely to speak to someone who is planning the same wedding and share ideas etc. Hope you have a fantastic time when you go out there next month, you will have to tell me all about it!

Alex

xxx

• I
    Beginner October 2012
    ibizanuptials ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ibiza brides,

I am also getting married in Ibiza next year. We're booked for Thursday 06 September at Casa Mila with Candi. We've also gone for the BBQ option. My main concern was that my guests would have to serve themselves in buffet style, however, having spoken to Candi I'm assured there is table service. Jess, how did you find the food and service at Casa Mila?

I'm also considering Ana Lui although I haven't yet got a quote. I actually found Gypsy Westwood rather pricey. It's great to know that the photographer included in Candi's price can be deducted if you outsource - very helpful! Has anyone booked the videographer at Ana Lui?

Also, for any future (or past) Casa Mila brides, what's your plans for dressage? I'm sure the flowers etc included in the package will be fairly basic and I really want to jazz the place up more, particularly the staircase for the grand entrance! Does anyone have any recommendation for florists?

On the make-up/hair front, I'm really considering Bellisima as I'm a loyal Dermalogica user and they include a skin care treatment before make up. Smack doesn't seem to include a treatment in the bridal package (although I could be wrong).

Jess, another Casa Mila question! (sorry - too many questions), how did you find the DJ? I'm looking for a mix of music (for the old ones), however, later I want funky house.

I too had reservations about September weather, but we're just going for it. Hopefully it wont rain! Positive thoughts!

Lesley x

• I
    Beginner October 2012
    ibizanuptials ·
    • Hide content

Meant to say, someone asked about a website earlier. We just set one up through www.mywedding.com. It was simple enough and looks ok (I think). We just needed a place for information about accommodation etc for guests and it does the trick.

http://www.mywedding.com/grantandla/index.html

Lesley

• M
    Beginner
    missfox31 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lesley!

Welcome! It's great to hear from another Ibiza bride!

Candi has been great and very helpful as I am also getting married at Cas Mila in June next year. I have heard many good things about Ana Lui and she seems to be quite a popular choice of photographer, do you have a rough idea how much she charges?

I was also having exactly the same thoughts on the DJ, I want a mix of 70's disco and funky house and was quite worried it would be the generic wedding DJ music even though it is in Ibiza, so to hear from another bride who has used the DJ services provided would be very helpful.

Keep in touch and we can share more tips and ideas!

Alex

xxx

• I
    Beginner October 2012
    ibizanuptials ·
    • Hide content

Hi Alex,

I've just got the prices for Ana Lui, they range from 700euros - 1500euros. I get a better vibe from her than Gypsy Westwood so I'm going to go with her. Also the videographer is 1500euros.

Speak soon,

Lesley x

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    Jenny&Dave ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ibiza brides! I'm so excited to come across this forum! I'm getting married next September in Ibiza, but haven't booked anything yet. Me and my H2B are going over in September to meet Vickki from Eat-Ibiza and look at some venues. Also arranged to meet Sam and Johnny about the church too. Does anyone have any churches that they really recommend? I have my heart set on the church wedding then reception and beach BBQ at either S'Estanyol or Cap des Falco. Does anyone have any other pictures of these they could send me? As well as some interior/exterior church shots? I'm so excited!

Jenny xxx

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    mcdoo ·
    • Hide content

Hi Alex,

Candi has deducted 500 euro off our package to remove the photographer included. I think we are going to go with Ana's 700 euro package but I'm hoping to twist Justin's arm in to letting me book the glam package which Ana offers.

We booked our flights with Jet2 from Leeds, got them at really good prices. I haven't booked a seat for the dress (yet) because my other half thought that was a ridiculous idea, he even suggested I put the dress in the hold! Anyway I spoke to Jet2 and they said they are fine with the dress going in the overhead locker things as long as it is professionally packed in to a box which fits their requirements. I might do this but I think I will end up paying for an extra seat going and then not worry so much about the return. Let me know what you decide to do. I have a friend who got married in Cyprus last year and she put hers in the hold but I don't want to chance that because I am only in Ibiza 4 days before the wedding so if it went missing.........

Oooh that apartment looks lovely!

I know what you mean about the cupcakes, I've been looking at some websites which do some really pretty cupcake wrappers and am deliberating buying some and then getting Candi to give them to whoever makes them, so that it fits with what I want. But I might also just look at how much it would cost if I were to cake a cake elsewhere and whether she could deduct that from the package.

We are due to meet Ana when we go next month so I'll let you know how we get on.

Sarah xxx

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jenny

I have some photos of cap des falco- they are on my home laptop so I'll try and add them later. We didn't go to E'stanyol as we didn't fancy the high fee for using the beach there.

Cap des falco is absolutely amazing, it was by far one of our favourites. It has a totally chilled out vibe and has gorgeous surroundings. We didn't look at it with vickki though, we looked at it directly with the restaurant owner alessio. It is a really beautiful venue and I'm sure that you will love it.

Es Cubells church is really pretty and has a lovely sea view, there is also a really little church on the way to Salinas/Es Cavallet that would be really close to Cap des falco.

HTH

xx

• I
    Beginner May 2011
    ibizabride ·
    • Hide content

HI Lesley Just wanted to let you know that the bar staff and management at Cas Mila were absolutely great, they knew exactly what they were doing and did it perfectly so you will have nothing to worry about on that score.

I had a friend of mine DJ (we know loads because my other half used to DJ out in Ibiza back in the day! I can pass on his number to you if you want to chat to him. He has played in all sorts of places, including Chac Mool (a 70's, 80's, 90's bar on the west end) and for Manumission back in the early 2000's.

Good luck with your wedding planning!

Jessica.x

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    Jenny&Dave ·
    • Hide content

Hi Pixie999

That would be brilliant if you could send me some pics. I'm so excited to go over in Sept to actually see the venues and churches and set a date (at last! We've been engaged three years already!) Will def look at those churches you recommended xx

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jenny

I keep getting an error message everytime I try to add the photos, I am not sure if they are too high res. IF you give me your email address I will email the whole folder over to you.

x

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    Jenny&Dave ·
    • Hide content

Sure my email address is ***********@*******.*** Thanks again xx

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    Jenny&Dave ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ibiza Brides!

So I'm pretty sure we're going to go with Pura Vida as a venue. Haven't seen it in person yet – is it as nice as it looks in photos? Also, does anyone know if it has an interior? I know you can't have music outside after 12 in Ibiza, so we'd want to move the music inside at that time (I wouldn't want the party stopping that early!)

Any advice anyone could give me would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Jenny xx

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jenny

Sorry it has taken me an age to send the email to you with the pictures of cap des falco! You should have it now.

On the note of Pura Vida... did you see the pics that were posted earlier on this thread? I personally though Cap des falco was a million times nicer than Pura Vida, but it all comes down to personal preference. I also have to say that I only saw Pura Vida when it was shut so you don't always get the best impression from that kind of visit. Cap des falco feels more private whereas Pura Vida is very much more public. There are some lovely photos of both venues on the photographers websites, so have a nosey at those too.

Are you going to visit the venues before you decide? I would say that if you can afford to go and see them first it really helps, obvious really, but when we went we couldn't believe how different they all looked to the online photos!

HTH

xx

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    Jenny&Dave ·
    • Hide content

No worries Emma, I've literally just replied to you! Thanks again for sending those images. It looks beautiful. It's my number 1 choice so far, quickly followed by Pura Vida. We're going over to Ibiza at the start of Sept to look at our shortlisted venues and meet with various wedding planners, as well as Sam and Johnny for the church. Definitely need to see the venues, as I wouldn't trust that they look as good as they do in the photos, obviously pictures can be deceiving! xx

• B
    Beginner October 2016
    beeZwaxIbiza ·
    • Hide content

Hi jenny,

it's not true that you have to finish the party at midnight in ibiza if you're outside!

some of the popular venues will happily spell out the law, but only if they have problems themselves - each venue is different and only a few make you go inside.

the law does technically state that you are not allowed music outside after midnight but in reality, weddings go until 2 or 3am in many places without a problem. wedding planners or advisers can be very useful for this kind of stuff because the venues can't pull the wool over their eyes ;-)

with regards to pura vida you've got nothing to worry about - they haven't had any problems outside to date and they have a great indoor space too if you want to go on very late.

cap des falco is much more risky - they are very nervous about noise at the moment. they do have an indoor space but i've never seen them use it for a wedding and it's a lot smaller than pura vida.

i live on the island and i've DJ'd at pretty much all of the wedding venues so feel free to contact me if you'd like some more information on a particular venue......

good luck choosing - it's tough when there are so many great venues here!!

bee.

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    Jenny&Dave ·
    • Hide content

Hi Bee

Thanks for your tips! Pleased to know that the party doesn't have to stop at midnight! Do you have a website? Or could you send me some info about your DJ-ing: prices/type of music played etc – my email is ***********@*******.***.

Thanks

Jenny

• B
    Beginner October 2016
    beeZwaxIbiza ·
    • Hide content

Hi jenny,

i play all sorts of music, depends on the party and the tastes of the guests.

i'm a turntablist so i use scratching and tricks with vinyl to mix different styles and tempos rather than doing the traditional dave doubledecks thing for a wedding - i think it's pretty boring to just have house music all night or fade in and out from a playlist so i love the challenge of a wedding!!

my website is www.beezwax.co.uk but it's a bit lame!

it should be getting an update once the summer is out of the way.....

i've emailed you anyway so let me know if you don't receive it.

b.

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

Brian and Ana are both featured in this article....

https://www.hitched.co.uk

x

• B
    Beginner October 2016
    beeZwaxIbiza ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for finding that - first time i've seen it!!

there are photos from four weddings that i DJ'd at on the white ibiza website but it doesn't mention my name - nice to see an article where it does.....

• A
    Beginner October 2012
    Alliehughes ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Has anyone got any contacts for cheap hotels/apartments in Santa Eulalia, we are looking at places to stay for all of our 60 guests next year ?

Thanks Everyone.

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Hi Alliehughes

I don't have any recommendations I'm afraid. I would maybe try and post this on the trip advisor forums, you will probably find someone on there will have some good ideas.

• H
    Beginner June 2012
    hollyrobbo ·
    • Hide content

Test

• H
    Beginner June 2012
    hollyrobbo ·
    • Hide content

Hi Everyone

This is my first post. My fiance and I have just decided to get married in Ibiza in June 2012. Firstly, do you think we have enough time to plan? I am looking to arrange my own reception however desperate for help to arrange the wedding ceremony. Any recommendations or contacts would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Holly

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics