Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs_imp
Beginner June 2012

Planning a wedding in Ibiza

Mrs_imp, 5 of January of 2011 at 15:54

Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 2,653

Hi everyone This is my first post on hitched and I hope some of you out there can help me.

Hi everyone

This is my first post on hitched and I hope some of you out there can help me.

2,653 replies

• B
    Beginner October 2016
    beeZwaxIbiza ·
    • Hide content

You've still got time but several of the popular wedding venues are fully or almost fully booked for june next year so you could probably do with a bit of local help!

you also might run into trouble with ceremony officiates, DJs, buses etc. being fully booked...

where were you hoping to have the ceremony?

b.

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Holly

Firstly are you looking to get married in a church? If you are you need to speak to Sam and Jonny- the link is below.

http://weddingceremoniesibiza.com/

They will help you organise the church bit of the wedding and all the paperwork.

What i would also do is to contact some of the venues that you like the look of and see what dates they have available. That way when you speak to Sam and Jonny you will know roughly what dates are best. If you want any help with venues then let us know as I'm sure we can all give you some pointers.

• sandraweddings
    sandraweddings ·
    • Hide content

I found this great gallery of Ibiza Wedding Cakes ,http://ibizacakes.com/gallery.aspx I havent seen anything better in my search for a wedding cake. These guys also did Pete Tongs birthday cake.

What sort of price should I be paying for a wedding cake in Ibiza?

Thankyou..

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Ibiza Cakes is run by a lovely lady called Eileen. I met her when I was last on the island and she is great – her cupcakes/cakes are also delicious!!! Her and her husband Paul are really knowledgeable about the island and have lots of advice to give.

I have tentatively booked her for my wedding after our meeting and will let you know how I get on.

In terms of price it’s all really dependant with all the suppliers on your number of guests, intricacy of design and delivery distances etc so all really variable. You would be best off choosing what you want and then getting an exact quote to match which you can then edit to suit your budget. This is why my booking is tentative - i dot know what I want yet Smiley smile

x

• I
    Beginner September 2011
    Ibiza bride to be ·
    • Hide content

Hi Everyone!!

I haven't been in touch in AGES!!! My wedding is on the 27th September 2011 at Cas Mila....Eeeeek to excited less than 6 weeks now!! Does anyone know the in house DJ that Cas Mila use?? Also does anyone know the actual distance from the Insotel club tarida hotel in cala tarida (not to be confused with the tarida beach hotel) to Cas Mila as I am unsure if I need to organise transport for my guests? Does anyone know who makes the wedding cakes for Candi? Sorry for the bombardent its just I booked my wedding last September through first choice when I was 8 months pregnant and as I was on maternity leave I could not go over and visit properly so Have been going purely on pictures ect, I promise though that I will post pics of my table arrangements, venue decor, ceremony ect once I get back for all you brides to be that are getting married in Cas Mila to see, Ive gone with the BBQ package, has anyone had this?

Thanks in advance

Kim xx

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    mcdoo ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kim,

How exciting, 6 weeks! I can't wait for mine next July, time seems to be going so quickly.

I really don't think you will need to organise transport for guests staying at the Insotel Club Tarida hotel, you literally walk down some steps from Cas Mila a few mins walk across the beach and you are there. I may have some pics I can send you, will try to dig them out tonight.

Can't wait until you get chance to upload pics, would be great for us brides getting married there next year to get a real feel for it. I've booked the bbq package so it would be great to hear what you think of it.

Sarah xx

• I
    Beginner September 2011
    Ibiza bride to be ·
    • Hide content

Ahhh I didn't think so But Candi's assistant emailed me yesterday asking if I had arranged travel, well I dont think I will lol

Yes to excited!! I will def be uploading pics as when I first booked I tried to find some but it was near impossible! I just hope the weather holds!!

x

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    Jenny&Dave ·
    • Hide content

All sounds very exciting!

I'm going out in a couple of weeks to look at some venues before we make our decision. My number one choice is Pura Vida – is anyone getting married/been married there? I'm having a church ceremony first as I'm catholic, then want the reception at Pura Vida. My second choice is Cas Mila, I can't wait to see it in person and am looking forward to seeing your pics!

I'm also looking at Cap des Falco and S'Estanyol beach, but I think these will work out far too expensive for me.

Jenny x

• K
    Beginner June 2013
    Kate M ·
    • Hide content

I am loving this forum - so helpful!

My fiancee and I have only just decided to start planning our wedding and both automatically thought of Ibiza as we have such great memories of many great times with friends there! In fact I have a hen do there early next year also!

I have been searching the internet and there are so many lovely venues - I am leaning towards Cas Mila at present though after receiving the info through from Candi. It is between that and having the wedding at a villa and using Vikki's services from Eat Ibiza.

Where are you staying while in Ibiza??? - we have found some lovely villas but then have the issue of housing friends and family and who stays with who etc and some obviously like to party more than others!! Are you all going for 2 weeks over the wedding?

El Chingurito also looks like a nice venue but I have not heard back from them.

Look forward to hearing more!!

Kate

• B
    Beginner October 2016
    beeZwaxIbiza ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kim,

I think Candi's in house DJ is her son and he also supplies the sound system too when you book a package wedding with her

You shouldn't really need any transport if your guests are staying anywhere in Cala Tarida.....

I haven't eaten the BBQ wedding food at C'as Mila, but all their food is a good standard and the last time I DJ'd there the guests were very complimentary about the BBQ food.

Hope that helps....

b

• B
    Beginner October 2016
    beeZwaxIbiza ·
    • Hide content

Jenny,

I'm DJing at one of my best friend's wedding here next year. She saw loads of venues with Tiffany and eventually decided on Pura Vida because the noise restrictions were less severe than most of the other places. I've also got a couple of weddings there for September so I'll be able to tell you more then.

In the meantime you can get more info from Tiff by email on *************@*****.***

Good luck choosing!

b.

• I
    Ibizaeileen ·
    • Hide content

Hi Everyone,

Hi Beeswax - hopefully we will be at the same venue at the same time in September!! Last saw you during our 'peak busy time in June Smiley smile

I have a wedding cake to deliver tomorrow at Pura Vida, the first time for me as they do make there own wedding cakes - but not with the English finish sugarcraft Smiley smile - I have a couple more wedding cakes in September at this venue as the couples prefer an 'Ibizacake' Smiley smile my partner has a couple of blessings there too. I will post on here and let everyone know what it is like.

I see there is talk of Cap Des Falco - absolutely stunning venue - beautiful detail, the food is superb, we did a wedding in June (blessing and cake) - and we have another one at the end of August. There are loads and loads of beautiful venues. I cannot recommend enough coming here for a short out of season break and looking around - as everybody has a different dream location - so come and find it yourself. All venue owners speak English and most will help with the organisation - it really is easy to do yourself and the same with accommodation. My Son's own and run a variety of websites on the Island an interesting one for everyone is: www.ibiza-weddings-spain.com - it's a do it your self site!!!

Enjoy the planning.

Eileen

www.ibizacakes.com

• B
    Beginner October 2016
    beeZwaxIbiza ·
    • Hide content

June was mental this year wasn't it! looking the same for 2012 too.

that's great advice to see lots of venues, i can't believe how many people only consider one or two venues or pick purely based on websites or photos - some places are massively overrated as well!

• A
    Beginner October 2012
    Alliehughes ·
    • Hide content

Hi Eileen,

I am getting married at Pura Vida August 2012. We have booked to come out in September but if I am so excited, if you get chance can I be cheeky and ask you take a few sneeky photos of the venue when you deliver the cake tomorrow . Dont worry if you cant.

To everyone else, if anyone wants anything when I go over in september let me know and I can details and photos of exactly what you want.

Beeswax, which venues would you say are overrated ?

Thanks

• I
    Ibizaeileen ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ally,

I always take a photo of the wedding cake at the venue - well almost everytime, as sometimes I forget my camera!!!

Anyway - I will take a few photo's tomorrow and send them to you.

Eileen

Ibizacakes.com

• A
    Beginner October 2012
    Alliehughes ·
    • Hide content

Eileen,

Your a star, I love to see the venue when it is done up. I have seen it on the pura vida website but you cant always go off their pictures... I am so excited.

Thank you so much

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I went to see El Chiringuito at Cala Gracioneta- is that the one you mean or the one at Es Cavalet?

• K
    Beginner June 2013
    Kate M ·
    • Hide content

Hi Pixee999 - I meant the one at Cala Gracioneta - thats the one near San An isnt it? I dont suppose you took any pics while you were there? What did you think?

Where else have you been to see? Any pics would be welcome as very new to all this!!

When is your wedding and what is your plan? Its great to see everyone on here sharing their plans and advce!!

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes it is near San An, and yes we did take pics( I'll have to upload later though as they are saved on my hard drive at home). I thought it was very pretty, and a fairly rustic style of venue. I also really liked Lucy, who is the wedding coordiantor there, she was very good at getting back to us etc. I was told by someone( can't remember who) that they have problems with their neighbours, and that they are very strict to turn the music off at midnight. I guess it depends how much that bothers you? We decided against it in the end, but not for any negative reasons, purely because we found somewhere we loved more!

I'll try to upload a few pics later, although it was overcast the day we were there and it wasn't open- so you have to use your imagination a bit!

• K
    Beginner June 2013
    Kate M ·
    • Hide content

Thanks if you could upload the pics that would be great! i Think Cas Mila is my leading favourite but I havent seen any of them with my own eyes yet. We are going to plan a visit to go to Ibiza and look at the venues.Have you pics of Cas Mila?

The midnight curfew does put me off a bit as we usually continue partying a lot later then that and so finding a venue that has a bit more flexibility would be good!!

Where have you chosen for yours?

• B
    Beginner October 2016
    beeZwaxIbiza ·
    • Hide content

Allie - my lips are sealed, i have to work in these places after all!!

no bride wants to see her wedding as anything less than perfect so it's hard to find a negative review or any nitpicking for any wedding venue, so just make sure you do your homework, see as many places as possible in person and ask around. also ask lots of questions in meetings and remember that the staff are just as important as the venue....

see what the planners say too, they have higher standards than most brides so if they don't recommend a particular venue there is probably a good reason.

keep your wits about you though as some will say absolutely anything to get you to choose one of their venues ;-)

b.

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

I think often with venues it also comes down to your experience with the owner/manager and the vibe you get from them. I was quite keen on a couple places that either didn’t get back to me and at one that OH and I went to see we were treated shockingly -Argh makes me angry even just thinking about it! Your day needs to be perfect for you and for that you need total trust in your local contacts.

We're getting married at Es Cubells and having our reception at Amante. I am totally happy with our choices – Amante has a great vibe and a David and Zeta have been so helpful I am on a strict budget and they’ve been really patient with all my enquiries and negotiations (though not always successful) ?

Ally there are also pics of Pura Vida earlier in the thread though I took them out of season –have you checked any of the photographer’s websites for set up pics?? I know Ana Lui has been there

Kate I didnt hear back from Chiringuito either and then just left it --- looking at their website maybe I should have given them another try it looks lovely! ?

x

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kate M

Pics of El Chiringuito..

The photos don't really do it justice as it is closed and it is raining!

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

Pixxee I cant remember did you guys finally decide on a villa and Eat?

x

• K
    Beginner June 2013
    Kate M ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the pics Pixee - I think you do have to use your imagination but think I could see it being lovely. I think I did read somewhere that there may be a problem with mosquitos here though which puts me off a bit - that and the fact that they havent got back to me yet!

Cap de Falco have come back to me - it looks lovely there too - I think it may be a bit more expensive though as he has sent me some menus and the food alone is working out the same as a full package with Candi I think - I need to take a closer look.

Ibizalovin - where did you decide on for yours?

Pixee - which villa have you gone for? I was looking at villas and considering having the wedding there too. I think we may have decided against that as Im not sure how to do it logistically with family/friends. There are some lovely villas though!

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

Kate

we're getting married in Es Cubells and having our reception at the beautiful Amante ?

x

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ibiza Brides!

So I have a question for you all around florists.... I’ve spoken to Ramode in St Eulalia as they seem to be the most popular choice on the island. I do though wonder if there are other options. The people who own Ramode are so lovely and really easy to communicate with but I can’t help wondering whether they are charging a premium for their service because they are so well known? I’ve shopped around for most things on the island but seem to be settling straight away for Ramode , it just seems a bit uncharacteristic J

Have any of you had any other quotes from other florists? Or know of any that I could contact?

Thanks

T

• db3000
    Beginner October 2012
    db3000 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ibizalovin,

I'm going out in 6 weeks to book Amante, and planned on driving around and going into any florists I see and asking about prices etc. We're based in Figueretas, so im hoping I might find a cheaper florist there rather than use the 1 in SE that all british people seem to use!

I will let you know what i find.

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    Jenny&Dave ·
    • Hide content

I've been in contact with Floral Dreams Ibiza, an English couple living in Ibiza. They've got a really professional website and have been so helpful over email. I've also spoken and had quotes from Ramode and they seem nice too. I'm going to meet them both and then decide. Think their prices are very similar.

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your replies! I saw Floral dreams too I think... do they have a website?

Also is anyone sorting their own paperwork, bookings etc for a Catholic service? I have spoken to Sam and Johnny but wondering whether I could do it myself. I’m also keen on the option to find my own musicians for the service.

Jess – how did you find their music?

xT

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    Jenny&Dave ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, it's: http://www.floraldreamsibiza.com/

I'm using Sam and Johnny too (really don't want to sort out all the paperwork myself! Just an added stress) but I'd be interested to know what people thought of their music?

• B
    Beginner October 2016
    beeZwaxIbiza ·
    • Hide content

I speak good spanish and have lived here for years and there's still no way i'd consider attempting to do the paperwork myself if i was going to get married in a church here!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics