Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs_imp
Beginner June 2012

Planning a wedding in Ibiza

Mrs_imp, 5 of January of 2011 at 15:54

Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 2,653

Hi everyone This is my first post on hitched and I hope some of you out there can help me.

Hi everyone

This is my first post on hitched and I hope some of you out there can help me.

2,653 replies

• I
    Ibizaeileen ·
    • Hide content

Hi Everyone,

Floral dreams - mmmmm - suddenly appeared - think they are agents as opposed to having a florist shop. I usually recommend Ramo de Flores because they speak English and have email - a big plus here Smiley smile they are also lovely people!!!! There are lots of florists on the Island - but most speak only Spanish and do not have email, if you can communicate then you may be able to get a better price. Another GOOD florist I have now found is Ses Flors - in Puig Den Valls - The owner is English and they have email: *********@*****.***. Flowers are very expensive here!

Eileen

www.ibizacakes.com

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry for the delay, I've been off visiting the inlaws in Ireland for a couple of weeks! Yes, we decided to go with Eat, we have booked - it is absolutely beautiful and has an amazing sunset sea view!

• W
    Beginner August 2012
    Welshemie ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone, sorry to jump in but I'm so landed I've just found this forum. Just booked our wedding in Ibiza for Jun-12 in Pura Vida (We went over & visited lots of different places but it was between there & El Chringuito in the end) Alexandra in Pura Vida has been fab & is sorting DJ, photographer, cake etc

Just wondered if anyones got any hotel suggestions for guests & also I was thinking about transport to & from venue. Any other help would be greatly appreciated too. Also I've got lots of pictures of different places if anyone wants them.

Thanks

Em

• A
    Beginner October 2012
    Alliehughes ·
    • Hide content

Hi Em,

Could you email me some of your photos of Pura Vida, I have some off Eileen which are great but the more the merrier. I have also Pura Vida, we are due to fly out in September to meet Alexandra and the photographer, videographer and also look for hotels. One of the ones we have arranged to meet is casa Luis apartments which are right by the restaurant but let me know if anyone gives you any good suggestions ? I will let you know how we get on at casa luis as i am looking to get a discount for our guests.

email address is ****************@*****.**.**

Thanks

• I
    Ibizaeileen ·
    • Hide content

Hi All,

Try Can Sanso too, they are also very close by, just a little further up the road is Tropic Gardens - great for familys with children. The lovely 5* Aguas de Ibiza is also close - nice for the 'honeymoon couple' Smiley smile

If you are looking for a celebrant host www.blessings-on-ibiza.com and/or cake maker - English style!!! we are very close to Pura Vida _ Santa Eulalia call us and make an appointment to come and have coffee and cake with us, we are happy to point you in the right direction regarding venues, flowers, hairdressers etc.

My motto is come to the Island, hire a car and look at venues - as there are literally hundreds and everyone has their own dream!! At the end of the season flights and accommodation are cheap, well worth spending the monies to negotiate yourselves, as most if not all venues speak English and are happy to help with your planning too.

Enjoy!!!

Eileen

www.ibizacakes.com

• B
    Beginner January 1997
    blue_moon ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We just got back from Ibiza this week (newly engaged....at El Chiringuito!) and I agree with Eileen, it's definitely worth a trip over there to check out venues in person. We've got a few in mind but there are so many options and it's hard to judge on the internet - I think we'll be heading back for a recon trip in September/Oct, to take some photos. I'll let everyone know which venues we are planning to visit so I can take and post some photos, if that's helpful?

R

• J
    jhndavid ·
    • Hide content

It's amazing to read your experience of getting married in lbiza.This information was very useful for many couples and also the who are going to marrying in lbiza and the more information are known from your experience.this experience will very helpful for the wedding couples.

• I
    Beginner September 2011
    Ibiza bride to be ·
    • Hide content

Hey Everyone,

Hope your all ok and excited (I AM LOL) anyway for all the brides getting married at Cas Mila, Candi has updated her website with LOADS of new pictures, its the panoramic view option, the are stunning!!

xx

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Just had a quick look at the photos and they look lovely! I bet you are all really excited!

Have any of you started to look at dresses yet?

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    Jenny&Dave ·
    • Hide content

Yes, the Cas Mila pictures are lovely. I was set on Pura vida but this is becoming a favourite too! I'm going over to Ibiza in a couple of weeks, so I'll make my decision then. Has anyone else booked Cas mila? Where are you and your guests staying? i'm not familiar with the area at all.

Haven't started dress shopping yet, although I've seen a dress i love. I'm waiting till Jan before I try on, as want to lose a bit more weight first. x

• I
    Beginner September 2011
    Ibiza bride to be ·
    • Hide content

I know it looks lovely! I've got 28 days until my big day, cant beleive how quick its come, it was a year ago I joined this forum lol!!

My dress is this:https://www.morilee.com/?s=4523&post_type=product

My brides maids: https://www.morilee.com/?s=268&post_type=product

Im sooo excited my table plan arrived today and the colour matches my BM's perfectly and I managed to get the exact some colour of ribbon for my invory favour boxes, so It should all tie in nicely with Candi's table decorations!!

My florist has done me some beautiful silk flowers and I am taking them with me as I want to keep them forever lol!

I will post all pics of tables ect when I get back as If your getting married there its nice to see what they provide

What are your dresses like xx

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Your dress is beautiful, very elegant and I love the shoulder detail.

The BM dresses are also lovely, quite grecian style really!

My dress is as below....

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

Oh my word Pixxee I am trying on that very dress next Friday I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Oohh Jenny Packham rocks the wedding dress!

Love yours too IbizaBride2be and the BM Dresses are brilliant too! 28 days - ? How exciting! Go on flash your other details!!

I can’t wait to choose my dress!

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    Jenny&Dave ·
    • Hide content

Ibiza bride, your dress is gorgeous! And the BMs! I'm looking at Twobirds full-length dresses for mine, although think they'll work out too expensive so I'm looking at Dessy too.

I ADORE Jenny Packham, that dress is just divine. i love the Ceres style and the Minerva. Just not sure whether to try them on in case I fall in love with it and I can't afford it!

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    Jenny&Dave ·
    • Hide content

Also just wanted to comment on what Eileen said about Floral Dreams. They're NOT an agent. They do not have a florist shop, as they run their business from a workshop, so they're purely for weddings and events. Think they used to work purely in Mallorca but have expanded to Ibiza this year. They have a head florist (who has been a florist for over 17 years) all the work you see on their website is their own work. I've been emailing them for a while and he's been nothing but helpful and professional, giving me ideas and different options. Emails back really quickly, and really easy to communicate my ideas too.

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was really torn between this dress and saskia, in the end I went for the sparkly one! What others are you going to try? Where are you going to try the JP dresses on?

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would find out the prices first... then you know if you can afford them. When I tried her dresses on, they pretty much all looked good- it was very hard to decide in the end! They really are beautiful dresses, and the material and details feel really gorgeous on!

There are a couple of "Minerva" for sale on the preloved sites... in case it's too expensive!

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    mcdoo ·
    • Hide content

Both Pixee and Ibiza Bride your dresses are beautiful!!

I bought my dress last August (organised or what) but still can't quite fit into it lol. I'm just a measley 3 inches off my hips from fitting into it (so am hitting the gym everyday), the top part will have to be altered because I am now smaller on top than what I thought. I bought my dress on ebay, it's brand new with tags from a bridal shop in Cornwall, they were selling off their 2010 collection to make way for their 2011 collection so I saved a fortune.

[View:https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/105/7024.pronovias896398.pdf:550:0]

let me know if you can access the above to view the dress.

I bought my bridesmaid dresses from Cocosa, if you haven't heard of it it is an online members website (free) where they email you details of designer sales, I saved roughly £150 on each dress. I did initially buy the symphony short dress in Teal from Coast but then both me and Justin decided we wanted to keep everything simple and to have everything white/cream. Plus after discussions with the bridesmaids we felt we should go for a more structured dress instead of floaty in case there is a sea breeze which would be havoc lol.

Jenny, I've booked Cas Mila for July next year. So far the guests who have booked are staying in Cala Llonga, although I think some are looking at Santa Eulalia and also Es Canar. I don't know if this will help but I set up a blog let guests have all the info they needed, I put lots of info on about the different resorts and accommodation. Let me know if you would like the link. We are going to put on a coach to take guests from Cala Llonga to Cala Tarida and then back afterwards (anyone staying in a different resort can either make their own way there or meet in Cala Llonga). The cheapest quote we got was from Island Tours, if anyone wants the details just let me know.

We were in Ibiza in July and came across a fantastic guitarist/singer, we weren't planning on booking anything because we have a dj in with the package but he was amazing. He was playing at our friends restaurant, Dona Regina's in Cala Llonga, so we have got our friend to book him for us. We are going back again in October and are hoping to meet up with Ana Lui, we have booked her for the wedding but she likes to meet couples prior to the big day. If any of you have booked her or are considering booking her you should check out her facebook page, the pictures she has on there are amazing!

Sarah x

• db3000
    Beginner October 2012
    db3000 ·
    • Hide content

This is my Ibiza wedding dress! I will also be slimming down for it a bit as its so sheer!! My bridesmaid's are wearing cobalt blue, and im hoping to have Bouganvilla (sp) on the tables and in our hair.

Could you give me the details of the Guitarist? I'm going out in 4 weeks to get everything booked. We're also booking Ana, and hopefully Amante. x

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    Jenny&Dave ·
    • Hide content

That Pronovias dress is stunning! You'll look beautiful! Well done on your daily gym sessions, that's a lot of motivation! I really need to get my butt in gear if I want to lose 2st by Jan! 2lb a week, not sure if it's manageable but we'll see.

I've been looking at hotels in Santa Eulalia, and would still like to stay in that area. If I book Cas Mila though, I'm not sure if that area is too far away. I suppose it is a small island though. I'll just have to arrange transport. Can you send me the details of the coach company please?

I'm meeting with Anne Walker from Ibiza Photography, Ana Lui never got back to me! Maybe I'll email her again. x

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    mcdoo ·
    • Hide content

[View:https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/105/6131.wedding_5F00_info.pdf:550:0]Thanks Jenny, I love it, I just can't wait to see how it looks when it fits properly. I'm sure you can manage to loose 2st by Jan, I have lost 5st so far and just have a bit more to go. Both my bridesmaids are tiny which has helped motivate me. I have copied and pasted the transport details for anyone who is interested:

I send you your quotation again Smiley winking

12/07/2012 in calla Tarida(Restaurant Cas Mila) . The main wedding party is setting off from calla llonga (Hotel el Pinar).

All net prices VAT included:

55 people = 692

50 people = 639,50

Pick up time would be around 16.00 return time around midnight,the number of people 50 PAX.

Do not hesitate to contact me again if you have any doubts.

Kind Regards.

Ramn Balanzat

Departamento de Ventas

IBIZATOURS & ISLANDBUS

www.ibizatours-islandbus.com

Also I have attached the document which Ana sent me detailing prices etc,

I will get Peter's (the guitarist) details from my friend and will pass them on to you as soon as I can. x

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

Pixee - Paisse D'en Bernat is amazing I’ve just googled it! It will be brilliant- is your wedding party staying with you or family?

Jenny –Thanks for the info on Floral Dreams I’ve contacted them and so far Gary has been super. I’m also going to contact Ses Flores as Eileen mentioned will let you all know how I get on.

Mcdoo – Id love to see your blog I have a website too but think the accommodation section is a bit lacking Smiley smile

I’ve spoken to http://www.wbwibiza.com/home/ and www.ibizabus.es - both pretty much of a muchness really. Might try contact your people too. Depending on how big your party is have you contacted Tiff Aldred? She has a great minivan for a great price

Oooh 9 months tomorrow!! I am going for my first serious wedding dress shopping session next weekend and Im so excited!

XX

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

Mcdoo - do you have an invite code for Cocosa?? x

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    mcdoo ·
    • Hide content

Ibizalovin, I can get an invite code for Cocosa but just need your email address. The web address for my blog is http://sarahandjustinsibizawedding.wordpress.com/

although we haven't updated it recently.

Wedding party is so far confirmed and booked 25 but is likely to end up between 50 & 60, so I think we are going to have to go ahead and book a coach for transport. We've asked those invited to let us know that they have booked and are coming by Feb next year, so we can make sure final numbers are in place which impacts on cost and transport etc.

What are you doing about hair and makeup, are you doing your own or booking somebody?

xxx

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

I've booked Smack Ibiza https://smackibiza.com/ .They seem great and I love the fact that I can have my trial in London and they use airbrush foundation... ?

I've heard really good things about Zest http://www.ibizaweddinghair.com/and Belissima https://bellissimaibiza.com/ too though

I'm not great at my own hair and makeup and think that I deserve to look amazing on my wedding day ?

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have also booked Sara and ?(Corinn?) from Smack Ibiza... they were lovely when I met them. Probably a bit more modern that Belissima, which in the end pushed my decision. I also was mad about getting the airbrush makeup, apparently it won't budge even in the heat!

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    Jenny&Dave ·
    • Hide content

I'm also looking at Smack Ibiza, but really unsure whether it's worth it. It's quite expensive!! I'd be worried i wouldn't like it, as I'm quite fussy with my make-up. Saying that, think it would be nice to get pampered on the day. My mum thinks I'm mad for contemplating spending €200 on make-up!

• db3000
    Beginner October 2012
    db3000 ·
    • Hide content

I really want a trial before the day, and for a trial included with Smack its 350. I really couldn't stomach parting with that! And thats with a 50 euro discount they have going just now! Im going to try and meet with www.beautifyibiza.com in a few weeks and get a VERY early trial! I've spoken with the hairdresser and she's really nice. But I dont want to leave it till a few days before, because if i dont like the trial i'd be pushed to book somewhere else at such short notice.

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It does seem expensive when you look at it like that, *gulps with fright*, however I have also booked for my BM's and mum to get their hair and make up done, I think all in it is costing me 600 Euro- I guess balanced out this is only 120 Euro each. Although I'm the only one that gets a trial of course.

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

The wedding party... we are hoping to hit a club or two later in the week, and I'm not so sure my parents would be up for that! I really can't wait now, I keep going back over the photos that we took when we were there, eeeek!

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea how to quote someone else’s posts - can anyone help???

Yeah I do think it’s expensive but I really want to look amazing and to be honest I compared the prices but would never consider not having hair and makeup professionally done. I recently had an event at work where we have L’Oreal come in and do everyone’s makeup and hair. Honestly they did such a quick job of me (as I was coordinating and shouldn’t have been sitting around) and it was amazing. Just a few professional strokes of make up and my eyes looked bigger, my cheek bones more defined, my skin lovely… after that I knew I had to go professional!

Pixee like you I’ve booked the whole bridal party too so it seems cheaper per person. I must admit I did wonder why I was so much more than the BM’s and mum – I better look like a supermodel when they’re done

I think its really important on your wedding day to feel confident and if paying someone can give you that then great do it – if you feel confident doing your own then that’s great too!!

wooooo check out my ticker - lovely round 9 months to go!!!!!!!?

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

When you click reply and you go to the next page to reply, 2 boxes appear. 1 where you type your reply, and the box above has the other persons comments in. At the bottom of the box with their comments in you will see a purple button that says "quote" . If you click this, it will quote all of what they have said before your typing, or you can highlight the bits they have said and then click the button. Then after this do your your typing! I hope that nonsense makes sense!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics