Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs_imp
Beginner June 2012

Planning a wedding in Ibiza

Mrs_imp, 5 of January of 2011 at 15:54

Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 2,653

Hi everyone This is my first post on hitched and I hope some of you out there can help me.

Hi everyone

This is my first post on hitched and I hope some of you out there can help me.

2,653 replies

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I'm packing some of it into an extra case, and spreading it about my familys' suitcases! Other than that I am going to look into the cost of posting my favours, they are packaged into a box and are not breakable, I am going to ask Viccki from Eat if I can send them to her!

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am also taking loads of stuff across with me; I’ve even bought 11kgs worth of lanterns to use at our venue... OH thinks I’m mad!? The plan at the moment is to, like Pixee carry everything across ourselves and give stuff to family and friends. I have though also thought about freighting the bits and even considered driving. The driving idea comes from the high cost of checking in bags and OH's Dad reckons he would hire a van and drive all our luggage and wedding bits in 2 days.OH is keen as it’s quite a nice roadtrip for him and his dad pre wedding but we haven’t decided yet.

xT

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What a star he is?! If I asked my dad to do that hew would think I was joking!!!

I have decided that anything we can't fit into cases will just have to stay at home! Although, I'm sure I'll be upset nearer the time.

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    Jenny&Dave ·
    • Hide content

I think I'm going to do the same Pixee, just try and fit everything into the suitcases. I'm going over in May for a tasting so I'm going to try to bring some bits over with me then. The venue has said I can store stuff there!

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I really want to go over for a tasting, but I'm not sure if we can afford it! Will have to wait until nearer the time.☹️

• H
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyIbizaBrideToBe ·
    • Hide content

Hi girls,

Met Candi last week at Cas Mila loved it- so excited now!

Cas Mila Bride's what food are you going for and have you had food tasting yet?

I plan to take everything out between mine and my family/friends suitcases, I think its douable but will probably be a bit stressful a few days before we fly! xx

• I
    Ibizaeileen ·
    • Hide content

Hi Girls,Hate to put a damper on the driving bit - but I must say it is extremely expensive!! We often drive to the UK during the winter months, a return trip costs over a £1000 - ferries from Ibiza to the mainland are about £500 return (we get a bit cheaper because we are residents) - then either up through France to Calais or across Spain to Bilbao -it works out similar in costs (Bilbao ferry is approx £550 return)

Still cheaper to fly your stuff over Smiley smile

Eileen

www.ibizacakes.com

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not that I needed justification to fly, but another good reason! I can't imagine anything worse than a 2/3 day journey before my wedding!

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I thought that when I was looking but thought I was maybe making a mistake was really surprised at the cost of the ferry!

• B
    Beginner November 2013
    Blondie28 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah

I am just beginning to look into arranging my wedding in Ibiza and i looked at Cas Mila after seeing it mentioned a few times on here. I've emailed them to see if they can give me any costings but if at all possible i'd really appreciate seeing a copy of your quote - do you think you could email me a copy please? My email is ****.*******@***.***?

PS - Just out of interest where are you actually staying in Cala Tarida?

Thank you very much in advance

Lisa x

• db3000
    Beginner October 2012
    db3000 ·
    • Hide content

I'm just back from a week in Ibiza. We viewed Cap Des Falco, with Eat Ibiza, and Amante. We booked amante for next october and went for the Gourmet BBQ option.

I ordered a white chocolate cheesecake wedding cake from Cardamom Catering.

For the ceremony I booked an english man called Hedley Paul, who was really nice and alot more reasonable than a couple of the other options ive seen online.

For photography we booked Ana Lui. I also went into El Ramo de Flores to enquire about flower costs. The man in the shop didnt speak good english but told me to email his colleague who does speak it. He gave me a rough price of 75 euros for a bouquet.

I also had a mobile hairdresser come over and do my hair, so I could get an idea of what she does. Her name is kellie, and she works with someone else to offer hair and make up packages.

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    Jenny&Dave ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow, you got lots sorted!! I'm having the white chocolate cheesecake from Cardamom too! I haven't tasted it yet though, going over in May to do that. Have you tried it?

Is anyone else using Sam and Johnny to arrange the church ceremony? I've been trying to contact her but no reply!

• db3000
    Beginner October 2012
    db3000 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah we went and tried it, it was lovely! Best cheesecake i ever had! x

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds lovely! I'm glad you had a great time and got loads sorted. Amante is lovely, it totally blew us away when we went there and I am sure that your guests will feel the same.

• M
    Beginner October 2012
    Mrs Mckee to be! ·
    • Hide content

Hi I'm new to the forum and am so glad to have found this post!!!

We got engaged over looking es vedra last week and i'm in full planning mode already!!! Its so exciting.

Were looking at Amante or Cas mila for our wedding in October 2012.

Its been so good to read all of the info in this post!!

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Did anyone watch DTTB last night? They had a blessing in Ibiza, although I'm not really sure what venue they used.

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    Jenny&Dave ·
    • Hide content

Yes I watched it! Wasn't impressed at all! Someone actually said to me, 'I hope you're wedding will be better than that!' Think it was in San Antonio, but not sure of the venue.

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I know, I really hope it hasn't put my friends and family off travelling there now!!!!

• W
    Beginner August 2012
    Welshemie ·
    • Hide content

I just watched bits online, it didnt really show the good side of the Island did it. I think it was in Cala Tarida, but not Cas Mila. I did see one opposite & I remember seeing one on the walk down to the beach but I dont know any names. It looked nice eventually but like you said I hope it doesnt put people off!!!

x

• H
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyIbizaBrideToBe ·
    • Hide content

Ooo no. I have recorded it, is it awful? I already have my mother in law questioning 'why ibiza'...

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    Jenny&Dave ·
    • Hide content

Yeah it's bad, but he was only 22 and did no research at all before he went. So he ended up calling in a favour and using his old boss' restaurant in Ibiza as a venue. I was screaming at the tele that there were loads of lovely venues that he could have used on a budget! Ha ha

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I suspect mine will be doing the same if she has seen it!

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

I saw it, it was ALL San Antonio and drunken brits ?

I have though seen pics of the venue they were at for other weddings and its actually lovely - No idea what its called.

It really didnt put the island in a good light but there were also great scenery shots

Of course our weddings will be better!!! ?

• I
    Ibizaeileen ·
    • Hide content

Hi All,

I haven't seen it Smiley smile but let me say whenever there is any filming in the UK of our Lovely Island, it is always in a bad light, but we all know better - it's beautiful and weddings are magical Smiley smile

Enjoy - and don't worry Smiley smile

Eileen@ibizacakes

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

Oooooooh White Ibiza has great features today focusing on Weddings in Ibiza... have a look https://www.white-ibiza.com/

edited to add this A-Z of Ibiza weddings courtesy of White Ibiza http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=cc1303c9b4669963a55faee61&id=58b7566c5b&e=140c509a39

xx

• B
    Beginner August 2012
    babygirl83 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ya this is my first post on here too!! Im flying out to Cala Tarida in Ibiza next August our blessing is at cas mila it looks beautiful im very excited!! I went with first choice to book my wedding with they have been very helpful im just waiting on my wedding pack to come through so i can c prices on all the extras i want ie chair covers Meal flowers etc....Hope all ur planning goes well keep us all informed, Looks like Ibiza is popular too so exciting.

Ria x x

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    Jenny&Dave ·
    • Hide content

Has anyone here had any problems getting hold of Sam and Johnny to arrange the church? I'm getting really worried that I haven't heard from her! If anyone has another contact email or number, I'd appreciate it (I've already tried the numbers on their website).

xx

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I would suspect that they are having a break after the season has finished, but that is only a guess!

I'm not using them, but i did meet with them and I have their business card at home- do you want me to see if there are different details on there?

Have you asked the person organising your reception- I can't remember where you are having it, sorry! Ibiza is a small island so maybe they migh know if they are away or something? Might be worth a shot anyway!

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    Jenny&Dave ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Pixee, if you still have that business card that'll be great! Yeah, they're probably just on holiday, but it's been a few weeks since I emailed Sam so just getting a bit nervous, as we should be able to book the church now. Hopefully I'm just worrying over nothing! x

• C
    Clubbahamas ·
    • Hide content

Hello there!

I'm Zulema, from Hotel Club Bahamas Ibiza and we also make weddings, from the blessing escenario at the beach until the banqueting and party.

See some info & pictures here http://www.hotelclubbahamas-ibiza.com/en/hotel/weddings

for more information please do not hesitate to contact me

Kind regards,

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The numbers on the card are as follows-

T- ****

M- ****

• J
    Beginner September 2012