Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs_imp
Beginner June 2012

Planning a wedding in Ibiza

Mrs_imp, 5 of January of 2011 at 15:54

Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 2,653

Hi everyone This is my first post on hitched and I hope some of you out there can help me.

Hi everyone

This is my first post on hitched and I hope some of you out there can help me.

2,653 replies

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jade

I am jsut emailing you now with the piccies.

Cala Tarida is very close, there is a couple of hotels there but I can't remember the names. TBH you aren't too far from Playa Den Bossa os San Antonio bay, Talamanca is probably 25-30 minutes away?

xx

• I
    Beginner May 2011
    ibizabride ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jade

I just wanted to hijack the conversation quickly because I got married a couple of weeks ago at Es Cubells church and it is stunning, Has breathtaking views of the bay and your guests will be amazed I assure you. I never heard of the Secret Hideaway place but a few of my guests tayed at the Landhotel Calador just 5-10 min walk up from Cala Carbo beach. Its quite pricey but beautiful so not many of my guests ended up staying there but the owners are lovely. My family (sister and brother have kids etc) stayed in the Puerto Apartments in Cala Vadella which is approximately 2-3 min drive (so I guess about a mile or so?) from Cala Carbo if you go on the right road (there are two roads that go into the Cala Vadella area and you need to take the Pueblo road). The puerto Apartments worked out at less than 30 EUros a night for a double room booked online though Alpha Rooms. Obviously this is in May so it might be more expensive in July but its worht a look. The rooms are absolutely massive with two sofas that an adult could easily sleep in (infact I crashed in my sisters room the night before the big day!)

The Puerto Vadella Apartamentos are pretty basic but perfectly clean and comfortable and the barman (Pedro) will stay open as late as you are drinking - my family fell in love with the guy! haha

I also had Ducks United for my car supplier - 55EUR/day to hire without a driver, I had my brother in law drive me! When I have a bit more time I will try and get some photos of the church and car for you as soon as i can but I dont have my official photos back yet.

Hope that helped some and if you have any other questions feel free to pick my brains!

Jessica.x

• I
    Beginner May 2011
    ibizabride ·
    • Hide content

Ooh forgot to reply to the person who asked about the Music - Sam and Johnny basically do all the legal and admin stuff required for a catholic church ceremony and as part of their package they will also provide the music for the Church ceremony - their website has a list of their services and music etc - http://www.weddingceremoniesibiza.com/ - Sam's voice is beautiful and all my guests commented on it, in fact someone even thought it was a recorded CD she was that seamless!

They also offer to do the night time entertainment and although I opted for a DJ instead both hubby and I both said it would have been great if we had them do the evening entertainment as well. They charge 600 EUR and I have heard from a few people that they are very good, experienced at getting a crowd going and perfect for a party. If you are planning a trip over to Ibiza it is worth emailing her and asking if they are playing anywhere so you can go check them out. WE didnt but I wish we had because I have a feeling I could have convinced my other half to pay the extra and have them do our reception.

Hope that helps!

J.x

• C
    Beginner October 2012
    carmencita ·
    • Hide content

Hello Pixee999,

I'm new here but love the forum..planning on getting married in Ibiza next year and I'm also looking at Es Cubells church..would you mind sending me some pics maybe as I find it hard to find much on the ********..*************@***.**

I really appreciate your help:-)

thanks,

Carmen

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

Oh my goodness there are loads of us now!

Jess cant wait to see your pics!

We have decided on Es Cubells and Amante and like you Emma I've have booked Smack for my make up. I loved the idea of airbrush foundation and the fact that I can have my trial in London!

Im planning everything myself but it looks like I will use Tiff on the day - how'd that work for you Jess?

Oh I was so set on having the white beetle but the cost effectiveness of the ducks really are swaying me...

Ive also contacted Johnny and Sam and theyve so far been great, shame my local priest is TOTALLY rubbish and is really making it hard... argh

I have to let you all know how much I would reccomend my photographer Ana Lui her pics are GORGEOUS and we had an engagement shoot with her and I love love love the pics. She has such a fab eye and really captures the amazing light and vibe of the island. check out her website www.analui.com (tell her I sent you Smiley smile)

Come on June 2012... hahahaha!

• G
    Beginner September 2012
    Gale23 ·
    • Hide content

Please can I jump on the bandwagon!!

I am getting married 9th September 2012 - set the date today!!

Got back from Ibiza on Saturday after looking for venues and meeting with suppliers. We are getting married at Casa Azul - we preferred the option of a villa and with the villa nextdoor sleeps 26 so will be one massive party! We visited El Chiringuito and Amante for meals and did comment how lovely they would be!

We met with Vikki at Eat Ibiza and she is so lovely! The food all looks amazing and once you find ou what a perfectionist she is I do not mind payin €90 pp and you get all your staff, table & chair hire etc included. She can also organise flowers for you. I am keen to do this myself but when I go back in July she said we can visit her florist together in Ibiza town to discuss my ideas which I thought was really sweet of her.

We also met with Ana Lui who is doing our photos - she was really nice too! I thought reasonably priced and I just love her photos.

When out in July I am having hair trials with George Withers who I found online, I think she is €50 per hour for bridal hair. My sister works for MAC so luckily I don't have to find a make up artist :-)

There are regulations with villas on outdoor music - going off at midnight - but our villa does not allow outdoor sound equipment although the have an inbuilt high quality speaker system outdoor so I am getting a playlist made from ipodwedding that we can put on their dock and boogie the night away! We would like to find a spanish guitarist though if anyone knows one?

Vikki is also making my wedding cake as she is a pastry chef I trust her to know her stuff (I run a cake business in uk so very important!) and costing €500 for a 3 tier cigarello cake with fresh flowers.

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

Wow Gale that cake is really reasonable!! I wonder if Vicki would do my cake if shes not my caterer?

Dont you just LURVE Ana!?!?!?!?! I think she is amazing I might even be a bit of a photo stalker.. ?

Oh we really are all going to have the BEST weddings ever!!!

x

• G
    Beginner September 2012
    Gale23 ·
    • Hide content

Yes she is lovely! I think I miht visit her website a bit too much but I like looking at other people's weddings for ideas - they're all so different too!

I am sure Vikki could do it if she is not doing the catering, perhaps drop her an email and ask. We want to serve the cake as desert so she said it would be half price too. Only thing is she wants to make is cheesecake as she recommended not many people want to eat sponge in the heat but I don't think this can be stacked (which I have my heart set on) so will have to see if I have cheesecake or sponge!

Cake is very important to me as I have my own wedding cupcake business here!!

x

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Wowee... how exciting! I am having Vickki from Eat, and Ana Lui too!

I have over a year to wait though, I wish we were getting married this year, next June seems forever away!

x

• db3000
    Beginner October 2012
    db3000 ·
    • Hide content

I also found this hairdresser or trip advisor, her name is kellie.

www.stylistichairibiza.com

• I
    Beginner September 2011
    Ibiza bride to be ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jess,

Firstly congrats, secondly did you have your reception at cas mila? If so can you please (when you have time) describe it for me as that is where i am having mine, if you have pics that would be great (as you can imagine im so freakin excited id love to see them lol) xxx

• D
    Beginner September 2011
    donidion ·
    • Hide content

I am happy getting married

• A
    Beginner October 2012
    Alliehughes ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jade,

Just to let you know, we have booked our wedding and reception at Pura Vida in Santa Eulalia, as loong as your food and drinks menu come to at least 5000 eurors, you can have the place to yourself. I spoke to Alexandra and she is lovely. We havent been out there yet so if pixie999 took phots, could she please email them to my fiance *************@*****.**.**. If you go on the website it looks lovely.

• A
    Beginner October 2012
    Alliehughes ·
    • Hide content

Hi, Pixie,

Did you take any pictures of Pura Vida beach club in santa Eulalia ?

Thanks

Allie

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Hi Allie

We actually did go and see it, but whilst it was shut. We had an appointment a couple of days later to meet with Alex, but she cancelled it! So we didn't re-arrange as we had seen so many nice venues that we decided it wasn't worth it. So beacuse of this we didn't get any pictures.

I would think there might be some pictures of it on some of the photographers websites though? Maybe Annie Peel, Gypsy Westwood, or Ana Lui?

Sorry I can't help more.

xx

• A
    Beginner October 2012
    Alliehughes ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Pixie, I appreciate it. Did it look ok from the outside, just getting nervous now and hoping it looks as good as it does on the website.

• I
    Beginner May 2011
    ibizabride ·
    • Hide content

HI Ladies

Unfortunately I still dont have my photos back from the official photographer (he is a friend who did it for our present so I cant grumble!) but I did manage to grab a few from friends and family on facebook so here they are:

This gives you an idea of the view from Cas Mila - obviously 1000 times better when the sun is shining! haha

Not a great one but this is the inside of the restaurant, if the weather is guaranteed they have the tables on the outside terrace:

These are the only ones I have of the church:

You can kind of see the view from the back of the church here (excuse my friend and her cheesy grin its her photo nicked from facebook!) ....again a lot more impressive when the sun is out!

I will upload the official ones as soon as I get them!

Ibizalovin - I used Tiff to pull things together on the day and she was super professional and very discreet. She will do as much or as little as you want her to and charged 150EUR for the day plus £10/hour for any admin work done before hand, so if you want her to liaise with reception venues or DJ's etc before the day she will charge you extra for this.

MissFox31 - I had Sam sing in the church only and she was amazing....the acoustics in the church added to the romantic and traditional setting we both wanted and all of my guests commented on how good Sam was. I chose to have Ave Maria (very emotional made lots of people cry!) as the first solo, then a modern worship song called 'My Fathers Heart' for after the wedding vows and 'From this Moment on' (Shania Twain) for the signing of the register. I had the traditional wedding marches for coming in and out of the church.

WIll be on again hopefully with more photos soon!

J.xxx

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

Oh no Jess for some reason I cant see your pics hopefully it will work at home this evening x

• I
    Beginner May 2011
    ibizabride ·
    • Hide content

Oops it might be because they are facebook photos and you arent 'friends' with the person who has them on their profile. I couldnt see how to uplad from a folder on your machine but have temporarily uploaded them to some webspace on my husbands (still cant get used to saying that!) work server so here goes again:

These are outside Cas Mila so you get an idea of the view and general location - obviously 1000 times better when the sun is out!

Inside the restaurant at Cas Mila - I didnt have much decoration because I was more than confident that the location of the restaurant would be enough wow for my guests and didnt want to spend the extra money. If you are working with a wedding planner they will decorate the place usually according to your budget. I just had my flowers on the top table and plain white tablecloths, it was simple but lovely :-)

When the weather is guaranteed (from June to Sept usually), they have the tables on the outside terrace which you can kind of see here (the sun did actually come out just before sunset, looks prettier already! lol )

Unfortunately these are the only ones of the church that I have...stolen from my friends facebook (the girl sat on the wall at the back of the church with the cheesy grin in the last photo!) Again, you can decorate the church with flowers but I chose not to because of the budget.

The view frm the back of the church....again a million times better when its bright and sunny!

These are a couple of samples I got back from offficial photographer for my thank you cards, he has made the sky blue and brightened this one up a bit. This was standing at the top of a spriral staircase which leads down to the beach:

And this was another taken of us at the top of the stairs looking back at the restaurant.

I will post more of the official ones as soon as I have them!

J.xxx

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

Jess you look so beautiful! I love your hair and your dress is lovely!!

Allie and Pixee - I have a couple pics of Pura Vida I will put them up tonight - it’s a lovely venue and definitely gave me wobbles about Amante.

The only reason we didn’t go with it was the fact that the beach isn’t private and we felt that the venue would need quite a bit of money and decoration to make it perfect for us. We’re organising and planning it all ourselves and I was worried about the responsibility and how I would get all the things I wanted there to the venue from London. That said though we did see it TOTALLY out of season when it was closed and pretty run down but check the link below it looks beautiful!!

https://www.white-ibiza.com/2020/ more info here too https://www.white-ibiza.com/guide/ibiza-beach-restaurants/

One thing I would say is we heard quite a bit of feedback re the food so be sure to try and get a tasting session so you can chose by deliciousness J

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Jess... you really look lovely! The photos look as though you had an amazing time. It looks like you had quite a good number of people there too, making a loovely party atmosphere! ?

Allie... I would probably second what Ibizalovin said. Pura Vida is right on the beach, and so you get lovely sea views. However the beach is public and it didn't feel right for us. Again though we saw it out of season and it was shut. I guess it comes down to what is important to you and what you imagine your day to be like. Pura Vida is supposed to be a great venue, there is actually something about it on the website- "white ibiza" today. I personally haven't eaten there so we basically just made our decision on looking at it whilst it was shut.

x

• I
    Beginner May 2011
    ibizabride ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Pixee and Ibizalovin - I cant wait to see the proper photos as Ihave none of the ceremony or the car! We had about 75-80 people there in the end and was actually quite shocked at how many people put the effort in to travel. It was such an emotional day and as cliché as it sounds everything really does come together and you will have the most amazing day no matter who is there or where you hold it I guarantee it!

I like the fact that the whole thing was so simple and there was no airs and graces and posh stuff because at the end of the day the point is that you and your other half are dedicating your lives to eachother and seat covers and sunshine dont matter!

Oops sorry I got all slushy then, guess I am still up in the clouds about the whole thing Smiley smile

I am still going to be around if anyone needs any other advice and will be going back to Ibiza to work for the summer again on 13th June so if you need a voice from the island look me up!

Jess.x

• M
    Beginner
    missfox31 ·
    • Hide content

WOW! Jess you look so beautiful, I was nearly crying looking at your photos and imagining my wedding at Cas Mila nest year.

You say you had a wedding planner, did you not use Candi who works for Cas Mila, that is who I have been dealing with? Did the restaurant allow you to provide your own DJ, wedding cake etc? Thanks for the advice on the church music also. It's definately given me a few ideas.

Once again, thanks for all the advice and info

Hury and get the pics on!

xxxxx

• I
    Beginner May 2011
    ibizabride ·
    • Hide content

Aaaah thanks MissFox! I ddnt have a wedding planner, I did it all myself but had Tiffany do the running around on the day (she had to liaise with the restaurant and church and make sure the music equipment etc was all ready and she was around durng the meal to check everything went smoothly. Basically a buffer so that I wasnt hassled with any last minute hitches or questions.

If you are working with Candy then she will arrange all the restaurant decor and cake etc I am sure. Cas Mila work with her a lot and Rafa and Tony (the managers/owners) are super professional, everything runs like clockwork they are superb! They are also very flexible and just want the day to be exactly how you want it to be....you can bring in your own cake or they have a bakers that they work with for their own desserts and it works out very reasonable (like 3,50EUR per person) I went with their chocolate version and although I didnt end up eating any I am told it was gorgeous! It was like a 4 tier, with flowers, fruit and chocolate curls on a nice cake stand. Here is a photo:

And one of the sunset we were treated to just after dinner:

We also had our own DJ (a friend) and hired music equipment from another friend out there. If you need any contact details let me know and I will get them for you. I am sure Candy has lots of contacts for you for music and cake anyway but give me a shout if you need any second opinions!

J.xxx

• db3000
    Beginner October 2012
    db3000 ·
    • Hide content

Ibizalovin,

I've decided on Amante aswell. We're getting married in October next year but not going out till this october to book everything. I'd prefer not to book it before going over because we have kids coming and I want to make sure the cliff is ok!

Do you know if they have any conditions about the minimum number of guests? Did they offer you the option of a gourmet bbq? I really hope there are no scary hidden costs cos I really have my heart set on it now but we're gonna be stretching to afford it as it is!

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

Db there is no minimum that I know of but you obviously still need to pay for the rental. I think the cliff is fine! Kids woud be up at the top anyway near the music and family. We have a few kids coming and arent worried at all x

Pura Vida pics - out of season...argh they wont work!!! will try again later

• A
    Beginner October 2012
    Alliehughes ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Ibizalovin, appreciate your help. Will look forward to seeing them later

• Nikki_80
    Beginner July 2012
    Nikki_80 ·
    • Hide content

Hi girls,

Wow Ibizabride your pics looks stunning! looks as though you had the most amazing day! thanks for sharing your pics.

We have just got back from Ibiza and have booked our venue officially now. We too are using Vickki from @eat. She is just soooo lovely and easy to talk to about anything. Was lovely to meet her in person. Its great that she can help with the wedding planning too so that has put my mind at rest.

We too are getting married in June 2012! I cant wait. So exciting!!

Love that there is so much info on this thread. I forgot to log back in and couldnt believe how many posts there had been!

x

• Nikki_80
    Beginner July 2012
    Nikki_80 ·
    • Hide content

In fact I have just realised our wedding will be a year today!! x

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

Those previous two posts are pics from Pura Vida... out of season... you can see that the beach is lovely but we were worried about the wear and tear of the buidling and I couldnt look past it ☹️

I have a few more pics but its so hard to batch add so if youd like to see them send me your email address and I can email them...

x

wow Nikki your wedding is two days after mine!! Ibiza and 'nearly' date twins too Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics