Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Storky
Beginner May 2011

What do you scoff during an average day?

Storky, 15 of January of 2013 at 16:55 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 47

On a normal working day (where I don't do any exercise) I'd have something like the following:

Breakfast: 2 x eggs, scrambled with half a tin of beans. Sometimes I add some parmesan, too. Cup of tea. On 'going out to work' days I'd have porridge with blueberries, or granola, yoghurt and a small swirl of honey.

Lunch: Homemade soup or a large ham/tuna salad.

Dinner: Grilled, marinaded chicken with plenty of veg, or perhaps a cottage pie made with lean mince and plenty of stealth veg.

Snacks might include: apple, banana or orange, handful of nuts, carrot & cucumber batons with hummous or rice cakes with peanut butter. I normally have another cup of tea during the day but also drink around 1.5l of water throughout the day. I rarely have chocolate or crisps. Puddings are a rare event on a normal working day.

On a day when I'm doing some sport, I'd have a banana before hand and a boiled egg afterwards if I'm still hungry.

How about you?

47 replies

Latest activity by jojo2, 16 of January of 2013 at 16:13
  • Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Breakfast, either 2 crumpets and honey, or 2 slices of toast and Marmite. Maybe a bowl of oat so simple instead. But that sort of thing.

Lunch, something like cheese on toast, or a sandwich if at work, with possibly some fruit

Dinner, whatever we fancy, maybe a stew, or omelette, or homemade pizza, soup, risotto. I like random concoctions, so if the ingredients are there, I may make, say, a lentil and butternut squash chilli thing. Often never repeated unless the same random ingredients surface another day! Never have dessert, but if feeling greedy may have cheese and biccies afterwards, with a coffee.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

I'm terrible, I have no idea why i'm not obese!!! (maybe it's because I'm still young - one day it will catch up with me!!)

I usually skip breakfast.?

Lunch is usually a toasted cheese sandwich, cheese and onion roll or fresh soup (Waitrose Keralan chicken soup - amazing!)

Dinner varies, I love a nice cottage pie (but don't have it with veg). Usually some form of meat like fresh chicken drumsticks, potatos/chips/wedges and some fresh veg like baby carrots and green beans. Occasionally have ready meals if I can't be bothered to cook..(once a week)

Rarely have pudding, but when we do it's often strawberries and cream, blueberries and cream etc.

I snack throughout the day on crisps, sweet&salted popcorn, sweets...? This snacking happens every night and I even eat past 9pm...

Also drink quite a lot of coffee.

• Enjayee
    Beginner April 2013
    Enjayee ·
    • Hide content

Typical weekday is:

Breakfast - a small toasted roll with jam

Lunch - either leftovers from the previous night's dinner or Danish open sandwiches which consist of a couple of slices of rye bread with cold cuts/cheese/scrambled egg etc. on top. Sometimes we have it with pickled herring, it really is great with onion.

Dinner - healthy pasta dish/Oriental dish/homemade soup. I make everything from scratch including pasta sauces. I've started upping the veg content in my meals and I think I could do even better.

Snacks - I tend not to snack now. Once a week I'll share a chocolate bar with P but I rarely have one all to myself. Crisps I buy on occasion but I eat too many of them too quickly soI don't buy them that often. If we go to the gym I might have a slice of rye bread with a slice of ham or something when I get back.

I start the day with a cup of tea and tend to drink peppermint tea after most meals. It started off as a digestion aid type thing several years ago but it's more habit now. I don't drink fizzy drinks regularly anymore but I do know I need to up my water intake by at least half a litre.

We tend to get takeaway about once a month.We never eat ready meals anymore as it doesn't exist in Denmark. We do tend to make sauces and soups in huge batches so we can freeze it. Perfect for those lazy evenings!

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

Breakfast, usually cereal (muesli or fruit and fibre) with skimmed milk

Lunch is a sandwich or pitta bread with houmous and cucumber or cheese. I might share an apple with LO

Dinner can be anything. Chicken & veg, chicken Kiev, spag Bol, quiche with potatoes and veg. Sometimes we have pudding of a doughnut or yoghurt.

I drink lots of peppermint tea and a couple of cups of normal tea a day. Snacks is sometimes a biscuit or two.

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

Breakfast: 2 Belvita yoghurt crunch biscuits and a glass of homemade smoothie. On the weekends I'll have Bran Flakes instead of the Belvitas.

Lunch: Fresh soup and an Activia yoghurt

Afternoon snack: One (non-chocolatey) biscuit

Dinner: Fish/chicken/mince with potatoes/pasta/rice and veg.

I also normally have about 3 cups of tea throughout the day, as well as water/squash.

I find this fills me up and I rarely feel the need to snack anymore.

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Urggggh Storky you put me to shame.

My average day goes like this:

Breakfast: Nothing/cereal sometimes

Lunch: chicken with pasta and homemade pesto or ramen noodle soup

Dinner: Rice, a meat or fish of some sort, a little bit of veg.

Snacks: POPCORN (I'm obsessed and am trying to cut down on this) A lot of fruit, yoghurt.

I sort of eat huge portions, which I'm also working on Smiley sad

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Normal working day:

Apple first thing

Cereal with semi skimmed milk

Could be soup & bread for lunch, or spaghetti hoops or pasta salad etc

Dinner could be anything, pasta, risotto, stew, pie, normally with lots of veggies

Don;t have any other snacks during the day and don't have pudding during the week

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

Breakfast on weekdays is 2 weetabix with skimmed milk, a sliced banana and bluberries and a cup of coffee.Weekends we have bacon or scrambled egg on toast.

Lunch- Soup or a sandwich, sometimes a toasted bagel, crumpets, a toasted teacake, something like that. Usually with a yoghurt with some raspberries in.

Tea- Something homemade. Varies wildly. Asian noodle soups, stuffed chicken breasts, spicy lamb and cous cous, stuffed peppers, chicken casseroles, stirfries, fajitas, salmon, spag bol, etc etc. We have a takeaway on Saturday nights. Usually chinese. We either share a chocolate bar after tea with a cup of tea or have a biscuit or something.

I dont snack really but I drink a LOT of water about 2-3 litres a day.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Updated

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

On a working day I didn't eat much. Brunch bar and a cuppa for breakfast; pasta, sausage and chips, sandwich or something similar for dinner then usually chicken, potatoes and veg for tea. We very rarely eat frozen food and try and I try to cook fresh food from scratch. No snacks.

I snack more when I am at home bored so throw in a few creme eggs and crisps. I am trying to be more healthy at the minute though so have an orange, grapes and melon too.

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

*Pregnant woman*

Breakfast (I am my most hungriest first thing *blush*)

4 pieces of wholemeal toast with light spread and sometimes jam

Lunch

cereal

Snacks

peanut butter on a slice of bread or veggie sausage rolls

Dinner (1 of, obviously)

vegetable chilli and rice

spaghetti arrabiatta and salad

leek and goats cheese tart and roasted root veg

veggie cannelloni and salad and wedges

Supper

more toast- can see where my pregnancy cravings are eh?

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

At the moment my daily scoff includes:

Breakfast: porridge or yoghurt with fruit

Lunch: crackerbread with ham, cheese spread and peppers or a mugshot or a light weight sandwich from boots

Dinner: soup, ww microwave meal, or something homemade (depending on the night)

snacks: fruit, crackerbread, pink and whites, yoghurt.

all depends on the day though and what I fancy as trying not to get bored!

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Breakfast

Porridge with blueberries or scrambled egg and 2 pieces of wholemeal toast. A glass of OJ and a cup of green tea.

Lunch

Far more varied. A salad in the summer, soup in the winter. Sometimes cheese on toast if I'm working from home. Leftovers if H doesn't take them for his lunch.

Tea

homemade meals, such as, chilli, risotto, stews, curries, etc. lighter food in the summer.

Snacks, fruit, cereal bars, cheese and crackers.

I think I have a fairly balanced diet. I am apparantly the right weight for my height and my BMI is 21, which I think is normal.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same. Even when I got a bit stuck between my two front teeth (IT REALLY HURT) I'm still not put off. Yumyumyumyumyumyumyum!

• Snowby
    Beginner September 2013
    Snowby ·
    • Hide content

Since giving up smoking at New Year, anything I can get my hands on at the moment! Hoping this passes soon!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Today...

Breakfast: bowl of Rice Crispies.

Lunch: mushroom and tarragon soup, eight pieces of veggie sushi.

Snack: bag of Snack-a-Jacks.

Dinner: pasta with tomato and chilli sauce, maybe some peppers etc sliced in, if I can be bothered. No cheese.

I am fairly bereft of protein today and have already registered that I will require an egg- or bean-based meal at some point tomorrow.

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

Breakfast: Either no food and just a tea or coffee or maybe 2 slices of toast, a bowl of cereal, cheese on toast or a bacon sandwich.

Lunch: At home: Leftovers from the night before, maybe soup and a sandwich

At work: Pretty much whatever there is so on a Friday its fish and chips, on a monday sausage and mash or a jacket potato with tuna and cheese and salad if I am feeling healthy.

Dinner: At home it can be a pasta dish, maybe a pizza, chicken, chicken dippers and chips if I am feeling lazy and OH cooks.

At work: Maybe a quick nibble at 5 on whatever there is and then at 10ish a cheese, ham, onion and mayo 2 or 3 slice sandwich sometimes with fries or leftovers from a carvery or buffet if there is one.

My diet is far from healthy and it certainly needs to change but I need that motivation I once had!

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Weekday breakfast is cereal. Fruit and Fibre/Cheerios/Muesli

Lunch is generaly ryvitas with ham/chicken/philly and salad, maybe soup some days

Dinner is anything. Last night was pitta pizza tonight was butternut squash and chili soup (no bread [:'(])

Snacks today were a special k bar, clementine and a nana.

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

I'm a terrible eater. I don't eat breakfast, and I don't eat lunch. Dinner is usually something chicken based. I drink water or juice in the day, then tea or coffee after 6.

• I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content

I feel bad compared to the rest of you!

Breakfast: nothing,

Lunch: sandwich and low fat mousse from M&S

Dinner: Pasta dish/Homemade curry/homemade rice dish/chicken with potatoes and veg. No dessert,

Snacks: usually crisps at some point, If i'm feeling healthier a yoghurt or some fruit. If there's chocolate or biscuits in the house, then often I'll have those!

I think generally my diet is ok- I tend to only eat badly on the days I go to the gym or to an exercise class. I drink way too much diet coke though- am addicted to the stuff!

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

On average I scoff:

Breakfast - Cereal (Clusters) with milk.

Dinner - usually homemade cheese sandwiches, 1x orange, 1x banana, 1x "blue ribband" choc bar.

Tea - Today we're having Bangers & Mash. Mostly I have quorn stuff (mince, nuggets, etc)

Snacks tend to be - 2x small chunks of homemade White Choc & Cranberry Fudge, 1x Granny Smith Apple.

I do confess to being a boredom eater, so try to avoid having crisps, chocolate & biscuits in the house.

• Agouti
    Beginner September 2013
    Agouti ·
    • Hide content

Today I had:

Breakfast - Muller fruit corner

Lunch - salad made up of lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, turkey and half an avocado

Dinner - chicken breast with lettuce, tomato and home-made roasted chips.

Snacks were 4 bourbons, hummous and cucumber, 2 BBQ rice cakes.

Drinks were squash and Diet Coke.

To be honest today I was quite busy and not at my desk too much so didn't get the urge (or have time) to snack as much. Had I been at my desk all day I would probably have eaten more!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I never eat breakfast as I feel sick in the mornings.

Today's lunch was pasta, if its not that it's a panini, a sandwich, chips or cous cous.

dinner is normally varied but lots if carbs. I would eat a garlic bread with every meal if I could.

todays snacks were a lion bar, a creme egg and a pack if ryvita crisp things.

I exist on sugar at work when I'm busy, red bull and sweets is the usual.

• H
    Beginner October 2011
    Hayse-08/10/11 ·
    • Hide content

I rarely eat breakfast but when I do it's a cereal bar and a banana.

Lunch: a meat (ham, or meat left over from a sunday lunch) roll, a bag of chrisps and fruit (usually 2 x apples).

Tea: very variable. Tonight I had fish and chips from the chippy, last night I had a beef salad roll, night before was prawn stir fry.

Snacks: I drink a lot of coffee- about 5 - 7 mugs a day (I need to seriously cut down) with milk in but no sugar, grapes (I can eat grapes until I feel sick), chocolate (today I had 5 x quality street that was hanging about at work).

I am overweight and am going to start SW next week. When I stick to diets they work for me. I also need to move more.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Today:

Breakfast: Two crumpets with tiny amount of butter

Lunch: Heinz Tomato soup

Dinner: Lean Mince cooked with passata, a red pepper, garlic, herbs, baby spinach leaves and some parmesan.

Snack: Naughty 3-pack of Caramel Shortcake slices from Sainsburys... I blame the PMT.

Breakfast normally porridge but I had run out. Lunch can vary from soup to jacket potato depending on what I fancy from the restaurant. Yesterday was roasted Bunnernut squash and grilled mushrooms! Dinner is pretty much carb free at the moment (at Mr C's request). Trying to cut out naughty snacks and am doing pretty well generally! Clothes are fitting better!

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Today, has been reasonable!

Breakfast was porridge with semi skimmed milk and sweetener.

Lunch was a Jacket potato and beans and a lemonade.

Snack was an apple and a muller light.

Dinner was Spaghetti bolognese with pasta as we had run out of spaghetti.

I have just eaten a bag of skips too.

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Typical day nowadays - (this is actually today's food diary)

Breakfast - Special K bar

Lunch - Salad and coleslaw in a small roll and a bowl of Caesar salad with a bit of coleslaw on the side.

Snacks - 150g fat free yoghurt, 21 Special K salt & vinegar crisps.

Dinner - (not had this yet) but will be jacket potato with beans and salad.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Today I ate -

breakfast - Greek yoghurt, raspberries and honey

lunch - vegetable soup and a crusty roll

dinner - beef stir fry with one nest of noodles.

weeeknds I usually eat more, cooked breakfasts etc, Saturday I had scrambled egg, mushrooms and bean with one slice of toast.

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Today-

breakfast - fruit & fibre cereal then a yoghurt at work at 9am

Lunch - a baked potato with Phili Sweet Chilli cream cheese + half a twirl

Dinner - chicken and peppers with cous cous and broccoli + the other half of the twirl.

Snacks - a couple od digestive biscuits

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

You're all so sensible it puts me to shame! I have a really crap diet but I'm on my feet all day which definitely helps.

Breakfast - nothing

Break 1 (11am thurs and fri only) yogurt or fruit.

Break 2 (12 on mon tues wed or 1 on thurs/fri) roll with salad and either a little chicken/ham (sometimes a blt) plenty salad though. Usually a small soup (a third of a tin?) and a small biscuit.

In the summer I have oatcakes and salad or roasted vegetables. (This might not sound all that healthy but I work in a bakers and I can eat for free whatever I wish so I think I'm doing okay!)

Dinner - a variety of meals, usually a proper meal not ready meal etc usually no pudding but every so often well have syrup sponge or some sort of fruit pudding in the summer.

Snacks - this is my downfall. I could eat constantly. I eat grapes, strawberries and bananas but I also eat sweets, biscuits etc. especially at college or in front of the TV. H is worse and it's rubbed off on me! Not so much in the summer when were outside or out for a walk but just now I'm awful. An this time of year is mini egg time too. I'm surprised I'm not a lot bigger!!

And I drink loads of water. That's all I drink, no tea/coffe/juice etc. ill sometimes have a can of coke if I've ha a stressful day and new a boost though!

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

Breakfast: 2 slices of fruit toast with margarine or Cheerios with semi-skimmed milk.

Lunch: a cup-a-soup with a brown roll or a mugshot, low calorie crisps and a WW yoghurt.

Dinner: it varies and is exercise dependant. If I have done exercise I will allow myself a treat, so gammon, egg and chips, but if I haven't exercised then usually it's 2 haddock fish cakes with lots of sweet corn, carrots and runner beans.

• Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content

On any day, whether I'm doing sport or not I tend to eat the following:-

Breakfast: A bowl of porridge with some honey or a bowl of Special K or Bran Flakes with raisins

Lunch: Crackers & dairylea or cuppa soup with a yoghurt & some fruit

Dinner: Some sort of grilled chicken with veg, pasta, rice or potatoes.

Snacks include: Fruit or cereal bars and the occasionaly bar of chocolate!

I have 3 cups of tea a day and have 1.5 litre bottle of water on my desk which i get through most days! Putting it down like this shows that I don't each much, probably why OH & the parents are always moaning at me to eat more!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics