I-go-by-many-names
I-go-by-many-names

United Kingdom · From March 2013

Happily married 🎉

3 of April of 2015

3282days 15hours

Discussions

I-go-by-many-names
Did anyone get their male fiancé an engagement gift/ring?
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 7 of August of 2014 at 16:55

My OH and I are feminists. I often feel guilty therefore by the fact we didn't do away with the engagement ring tradition. We just went along with the 'man buys woman diamond' thing without even...

Jessica, monday 26-Feb-24 18 57,792
I-go-by-many-names
*FLASH UPDATE* Bespoke Vs. ready made rings?
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 24 of October of 2013 at 20:19

I have been a lurker on this forum for a while, and am very happy to say that my boyfriend is now my fiance after proposing to me in Italy at the weekend. He bought a fairly cheap ring to propose...

Richard, friday 5-May-23 32 5,853
I-go-by-many-names
Blue/white/pink wedding decorations
I-go-by-many-names of For Sale, 2 of January of 2018 at 10:45

I have a few items for sale from our dark blue, pale pink and white wedding in 2015. I can supply pictures and more detail/measurements if anyone is interested. Paper lanterns, to hang from a ceiling,...

RomanticPurpleDiamon, monday 19-Feb-18 4 1,124
I-go-by-many-names
Can I sell items on this forum?
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 2 of January of 2018 at 10:37

It's been a little while since I've used this forum so I'm just checking it's not against the rules to try to sell some of our wedding decorations on here. I've been doing a clear out and still have...

I-go-by-many-names, tuesday 2-Jan-18 332
I-go-by-many-names
*Updated* OMs, how long did you wait for your video?
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 26 of September of 2015 at 10:36

In a week's time it will be exactly six months since our wedding and although we have a trailer, we don't have our video from our VOG. The contract says nothing about how long it takes but I remember...

Tidal Wave, tuesday 8-Dec-15 42 4,010
I-go-by-many-names
No nice occasion dresses :-(
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 4 of July of 2015 at 10:24

This is my first post for a while, being an OM and all, but i wondered whether you hitchers could help. My husband and I are going to a wedding in Italy in less than 3 weeks and i have nothing to...

MrsShep, tuesday 7-Jul-15 21 2,779
I-go-by-many-names
Finally got our video trailer
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 20 of June of 2015 at 18:33

Https://vimeo.com/129437779 Can't stop watching it! Brings back such good memories. I hope the final video is a bit more of our guests though and not just the two of us.

pammy67, sunday 21-Jun-15 5 775
I-go-by-many-names
TOG blog about our wedding
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 30 of April of 2015 at 20:34

For anyone who's interested... http://memoriesandemotions.co.uk/hayley-and-martins-baltic-mill-wedding/

rockinred40, saturday 2-May-15 8 1,505
I-go-by-many-names
marriage law and next week's election
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 28 of April of 2015 at 21:47

If pretty much any party EXCEPT Conservatives get in after the election, it is likely that the archaic laws we currently have will be changed such that humanist celebrants will be allowed to legally...

Daisy Bell, wednesday 29-Apr-15 40 5,049
I-go-by-many-names
Anyone for a dangerously long wedding report?
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 16 of April of 2015 at 17:28

So, be warned, this is LONG. So much so I will post it in bits, with lots of obligatory flashes. This wedding features arrival of both bride and groom on a bike, an iconic venue in Newcastle, a...

Barnett2015, wednesday 29-Apr-15 49 8,438
I-go-by-many-names
so i got married yesterday *cheeky flash*
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 4 of April of 2015 at 19:52

Yesterday was amazing. Will try to write a full scale report when we return from our mini-moon but will flash this for now, not the best quality as it is from my aunt's phone.

Arpee, monday 13-Apr-15 39 3,448
I-go-by-many-names
how soon after the wedding to send thank you cards?
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 11 of April of 2015 at 16:58

We are still waiting for our official photos but intend to use at least one on our thank you cards. Dont want to leave it too late as my friend gets married at the end of may and I dont want to steal...

Grace@PEP, sunday 12-Apr-15 7 1,924
I-go-by-many-names
stupid coldsores!!!! grrr
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 3 of April of 2015 at 06:53

Well, today is my wedding day! I woke up at 3am with the stereotypical tingle on my bottom lip. Slapped on zovirax and hoped for the best. Now I've got up and it hasn't worked so have a blistery lip...

Chucklevision, friday 3-Apr-15 9 836
I-go-by-many-names
4 days to go- music advice please!
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 30 of March of 2015 at 12:44

Pretty much sorted for the big day on Friday now, except we are mostly providing our own music and we are putting some playlists together now. Please could you look at the timings/list of likely music...

Grace@PEP, wednesday 1-Apr-15 3 392
I-go-by-many-names
get married friday, why am i bored?
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 31 of March of 2015 at 15:27

Another pp! Have sorted the music now and picked up my dress today (which fits perfectly, thank god!) So now there is nothing to do. We are decorating the room on Thursday afternoon, but honestly I...

yorkshirekiwi, tuesday 31-Mar-15 6 902
I-go-by-many-names
couple of daft questions about the evening do
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 30 of March of 2015 at 00:15

At what point do we put music on? Our guests are arriving from 7 but our first dance isn't until 8ish. Surely we don't just have silence from 7-8? Do people dance before 'the first dance'? I've been...

AKWedding, monday 30-Mar-15 11 1,497
I-go-by-many-names
CBM CBA! should i say something or let it go?
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 24 of March of 2015 at 20:07

My chief bridemsmaid/maid of honour has shown no interest in my wedding from day one. She is my oldest and most valued friend, and to be honest I have let it get to me and I've been quite upset about...

Daisy Bell, monday 30-Mar-15 16 1,996
I-go-by-many-names
it was mine too!
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 28 of March of 2015 at 08:00

PP but seeing as pammy did it.. I also had my last day at work yesterday. The head announced it in staff briefing and said 'today she is leaving us as Ms Bennett, and next term she will be joining us...

laurafish, sunday 29-Mar-15 12 1,481
I-go-by-many-names
Jo Malone perfume- experiences?
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 27 of March of 2015 at 14:32

So with one week to go I am feeling pretty organised and not stressing too much. But I was saying to a few people at work that I like the idea someone else on the forum mentioned about having a scent...

elvira-darkside, friday 27-Mar-15 9 3,116
I-go-by-many-names
feeling sorry for myself!
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 5 of March of 2015 at 08:59

Woke up this morning full of cold, just in time for my hen weekend! I'm never ill! Hope my immune system shifts it before I have to leave for Liverpool after work tomorrow :-(

LisaMH78, thursday 5-Mar-15 9 1,333
I-go-by-many-names
Discovered today our venue is advertising cheaper package- advice?
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 26 of February of 2015 at 16:59

We paid £3240 back in February last year to secure our venue, this was the room hire, then we are due to pay the balance for food and drink in the next couple of weeks. Wedding is 5 weeks tomorrow. My...

this_cat_here, friday 27-Feb-15 15 2,162
I-go-by-many-names
venue twins?
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 20 of September of 2014 at 17:36

Might it be fun to find out if there are any venue twins in the forum? Mine is Baltic Mill, Gateshead... Next?

dragoneye454, wednesday 25-Feb-15 100 7,832
I-go-by-many-names
chuffed with my MUA
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 22 of February of 2015 at 12:59

Some of you may remember that I was having makeup woes as a woman in Debenhams who works for Mac, as well as a few hitchers, had advised against wearing estee lauder double wear foundation due to...

Juliet Cunnington (M, monday 23-Feb-15 7 1,196
I-go-by-many-names
periods, ffs
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 7 of February of 2015 at 22:36

No nice way of putting this, I am scheduled to start menstruating on the Saturday of my hen weekend in March. We have a spa booked for the Sunday. Then in April I am scheduled to start menstruating...

Vixy1987, monday 9-Feb-15 29 3,022
I-go-by-many-names
now really worried about MUA- advice needed!
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 1 of February of 2015 at 16:46

Ok so I started a thread not so long ago about my makeup trial which went really well but she used estee lauder double wear foundation which I thought was fine (I wear makeup regularly but wouldn't...

Juliet Cunnington (M, tuesday 3-Feb-15 12 1,910
I-go-by-many-names
advice on fastening suspenders?
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 29 of January of 2015 at 13:34

This is a bit of an embarrassing problem, I am so rubbish at fastening suspenders to stockings/hold ups! I have never got the hang of it and very rarely wear them, only on special occasions. I am...

I-go-by-many-names, sunday 1-Feb-15 18 4,783
I-go-by-many-names
Make up experts please advise
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 26 of January of 2015 at 14:24

This is inspired by another thread about what products to use when DIYing bridal makeup, but based on some of the comments I'm now worried that my MUA is maybe not using the best stuff, so I'm after a...

katesullivanmakeup, wednesday 28-Jan-15 7 1,543
I-go-by-many-names
cheap vases and/or chair bows
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 23 of January of 2015 at 21:41

We need around 10 tall (approx 60cm high) vases to stick some fake cherry blossom branches in for our ceremony. I'd rather buy than hire as having done some research I wouldnt be saving that much and...

Miss-b, saturday 24-Jan-15 4 1,183
I-go-by-many-names
IGBMN's 9 weeks to go planning ***flashfest***
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 20 of January of 2015 at 16:22

Inspired by the various planning threads circulating at the moment. Thought it was only fair to let others have a nosey at my plans as I have with others! Enjoy. Venue, BALTIC Centre for Contemporary...

Sambarine, wednesday 21-Jan-15 20 2,826
I-go-by-many-names
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 18 of January of 2015 at 18:16

I-go-by-many-names, sunday 18-Jan-15 389
I-go-by-many-names
Gift for celebrant and florist
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 16 of January of 2015 at 19:09

We are having a Humanist wedding and I know a Humanist celebrant through work who has really generously offered to do it for free. I'd like to get her a thank you present but have no idea what to get!...

miss_winter14, friday 16-Jan-15 3 1,760
I-go-by-many-names
Had my hair and MU trial today **FLASH**
I-go-by-many-names of Planning, 10 of January of 2015 at 18:43

So pleased with the result. I'm only flashing my hair as I want to remain as anonymous as possible incase anyone I know sees it. She's also lovely and made the effort to get to know me and my mum. She...

I-go-by-many-names, friday 16-Jan-15 29 2,985

General groups

Hitched article topics