I-go-by-many-names

United Kingdom · From March 2013

Happily married 🎉

3 of April of 2015

3308days 13hours
I-go-by-many-names
Can I sell items on this forum?
I-go-by-many-names, 2 of January of 2018 at 10:37

It's been a little while since I've used this forum so I'm just checking it's not against the rules to try to sell some of our wedding decorations on here. I've been doing a clear out and still have...

I-go-by-many-names, tuesday 2-Jan-18
I-go-by-many-names
Blue/white/pink wedding decorations
I-go-by-many-names, 2 of January of 2018 at 10:45

I have a few items for sale from our dark blue, pale pink and white wedding in 2015. I can supply pictures and more detail/measurements if anyone is interested. Paper lanterns, to hang from a ceiling,...

RomanticPurpleDiamon, monday 19-Feb-18 4 1,124
G
Married name options
Galbear, 20 of December of 2015 at 12:28

Hi all, I am trying to decide whether to just change my name to my hsuband's surname or whether to keep my maiden name and double barrel it. Have any of you found any pros and cons to either of these...

Beckalina, sunday 3-Jan-16 21
I-go-by-many-names
*Updated* OMs, how long did you wait for your video?
I-go-by-many-names, 26 of September of 2015 at 10:36

In a week's time it will be exactly six months since our wedding and although we have a trailer, we don't have our video from our VOG. The contract says nothing about how long it takes but I remember...

Tidal Wave, tuesday 8-Dec-15 42
Mrs.K2b
Our Wedding Video! **FLASH**
Mrs.K2b, 28 of November of 2015 at 20:02

Hi everyone, haven't been around much lately, but I had to share our wedding highlights video with you! It's been a long wait, but boy was it worth it! I can't tell you how blown away we are with it -...

jayannfernandez, friday 11-Dec-15 17
KJHC
Keeping maiden name at work
KJHC, 29 of November of 2015 at 13:16

Has anyone taken their OH's surname, but kept maiden name for work? I've been grappling with this since we got engaged, as I do want to have the same surname as OH, but want to retain my name in some...

inovermyhead, thursday 3-Dec-15 10
M
Humanist Ceremonies
MrsM2016, 14 of November of 2015 at 10:23

Has anyone had or is having a or have been to a Humanist Ceremonies? Would you recommend it?

ExpensiveBrownDiamon, wednesday 2-Dec-15 7
R
DISASTER - HELP NEEDED! Registrar cannot make our wedding slot :(
rhyminsimon07, 7 of November of 2015 at 12:24

We booked our wedding venue - Smeetham Hall Barn - for May 21st 2016 ages ago BUT never booked a registrar! Crazy rookie mistake to make I know but we have just found out that the local rgistrars...

Chris Giles Photogra, monday 9-Nov-15 9
samidolls
Samidolls long and *FLASHY* wedding report!
samidolls, 29 of October of 2015 at 22:10

Background OH and I met in high school at the grand old age of 13ish- that’s the earliest we remember anyway! We were in the same group of friends and went on our first date at 16. We went to the...

MrsStanleyToBe, monday 2-Nov-15 13
Cache13
Cache35 Wedding Report - it was the BEST DAY EVER
Cache13, 3 of September of 2015 at 16:56

PART 1: Hi everyone, We got married August 1st – I cannot believe that’s over a month ago now – so I thought it was about time I wrote you lovely brides a report. My Husband (eek!) and I have been...

I-go-by-many-names, sunday 1-Nov-15 31
M
Registrars day of or day before/after?
mbunnage, 20 of October of 2015 at 21:48

Hello everyone! This is my first post, so let's see how it goes! Charles and I are getting married on the 19th August 2016, we've been engaged for all of about two weeks now. I have no clue what I'm...

Simply Ceremonies Uk, sunday 1-Nov-15 6
T
Advice from those who have experienced a rainy wedding day.
twitterpated, 21 of October of 2015 at 14:10

Hi all I'm in the early stages of planning my wedding and I'm currently looking at dates. With my luck whatever date I choose there will be rain. I'm looking for advice and reassurance that rain will...

Wedding Photography, friday 23-Oct-15 17
B
What would be/has been your best piece of advice for the wedding day?
BridgetJonesNoLonger, 13 of October of 2015 at 10:45

I'm always interested to know what advice people would give a couple on their day .. If you are married do you have one piece of advice you would give to help make the most of the day? Or if you are...

2BMrsC, saturday 17-Oct-15 25
Tigsy87
Did I choose the wrong dress???!!!
Tigsy87, 14 of October of 2015 at 13:53

Ok so I found my gown, I bought it and I now have a year to wait until it arrives. Which is fine! But I have a slight addiction to bridal dress tv shows, instagram sites, facebook sites and I keep...

I-go-by-many-names, wednesday 14-Oct-15 5
B
Honeymoon booked! Where's everyone else going?
BrideMMD, 8 of October of 2015 at 20:53

Aargh, just needed to do a honeymoon post cos we booked it today and I'm so excited. We've ended up going through virgin, just for peace of mind, but we got them to almost price match after finding an...

Kat Furlong, tuesday 13-Oct-15 32
D
The "so when are you having children?" question :-/
DreamcatcherVN, 2 of October of 2015 at 12:05

Warning- slight rant! Obviously this post is mainly aimed at child-free brides, but people with children are welcome to join the discussion :-). Has anyone else noticed that they are always being...

InkedDoll, tuesday 6-Oct-15 29
M
Show me your E.Rings!!!! ****
Moonbeam88, 21 of September of 2015 at 17:11

Long story but after a fault with my engagement ring I have had to pick a new one. I ended up going for something pretty much identical to what my OH originaly picked as I could sense that's what he...

Arpee, thursday 22-Oct-15 47
B
Are you throwing a bouquet?
BridgetJonesNoLonger, 19 of September of 2015 at 10:29

I'm really nervous about doing this as I am really rubbish at throwing. I'm not nervous about anything about the day apart from this (and balling like a baby during the ceremony and speeches but...

CornishBride89, monday 21-Sep-15 15
P
The Kiss
Pooba, 8 of September of 2015 at 16:56

So this might be a little inappropriate, but I've just replied to another thread and mentioned kissing at the wedding. Thought process: 'ha ha, we're going to have to kiss in front of everyone. That's...

LittleMissPanda, thursday 10-Sep-15 17
M
Writing our own ceremony- Are we mad?
MissRachael, 2 of September of 2015 at 13:44

There have been a lot of ups and downs in our wedding planning since we first started... We got engaged last May and I started straight away looking for a beautiful, outdoorsy style place. I fell in...

FutureMrsMarshall, thursday 3-Sep-15 12
J
Photograph &tog
jesikab4u, 1 of September of 2015 at 20:52

So yesterday we had our pre wedding shoot, it was fab and she was fab!! I can't wait to see the pictures of this! When we saw our tog, she asked us to send over a detailed list of pictures. To what...

It Must Be Love Wedd, wednesday 2-Sep-15 4
E
cake topper
elvira-darkside, 1 of September of 2015 at 20:46

Laughed so hard i cried (knicker crying...) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bride-Peg-Doll-Black-Hair-Hand-Made-New-Cake-Topper-/291541781849?hash=item43e13e8d59

SRECOWBURN, wednesday 2-Sep-15 15
daffodilly
becoming a Ms... who to tell /inform???
daffodilly, 31 of August of 2015 at 21:24

Evening all. As I'm now a married woman ( and yet to write my report. .. I know), I'm keeping my maiden name but changing my title. Has anyone else done this. ... I'd really appreciate some info as...

I-go-by-many-names, tuesday 1-Sep-15 5
lilbeth
Lilbeth's wedding report!!!
lilbeth, 29 of August of 2015 at 13:24

Sorry it's taken so long, but here it is! How We Met… Well I guess it starts with the fact that my Dad is a smoker, he was desperate for my brother and I not to be smokers too and so he said from a...

Lakesbride16, wednesday 2-Sep-15 24
Runnergirl
Sweet tables?
Runnergirl, 30 of August of 2015 at 12:27

Don't shoot me if you're planning on one or had one but I'm trying to see the point of them? Is this another American fad making its way over here like save the date cards? (Another money making...

Bobbys_Girl, saturday 5-Sep-15 57
rockinred40
feeling down
rockinred40, 27 of August of 2015 at 10:09

Just need to speak with someone On Tues my eye was playing up and I had a funny feeling in my lip Went to the doctors wed morning and he told me that I am suffering from Bells Palsy - its to do with...

Jayne E, sunday 20-Sep-15 19
MrsB88
Ahhhh we did it!! *flashes*
MrsB88, 31 of August of 2015 at 13:34

Am posting from the beautiful Mauritius! So our wedding went amazingly perfect on thursday! Everything went to plan and rain stayed away! Food was amazing, venue was amazing. Everything! Am so happy....

HelenSomerset, sunday 6-Sep-15 21
Runnergirl
Evening invites?
Runnergirl, 31 of August of 2015 at 16:21

When do you send out evening invites? We have 90% of our rsvp's back from day guests now but was wondering when we send rest out? Oh, getting married 6th November thanks

Runnergirl, monday 31-Aug-15 2
R
Videographer North West
RachD90, 30 of August of 2015 at 14:38

Hey I know there is loads of posts with this question but I kinda have a specific look am going for. Basically I really love the short film/music video style of wedding video but have found it hard to...

RachD90, thursday 24-Dec-15 4
R
The First Dance thread
RomanticEmeralds, 15 of August of 2015 at 18:16

So me and the OH have started to discuss what we should have as our first dance. And it got me wondering what all you out there have chosen and if there was a special reason for your choice. ? I bet...

Nicolab23, tuesday 1-Sep-15 59

General groups

Hitched article topics