Smiley
Smiley

United Kingdom · From January 2006

• Beginner

Discussions

Fairyclown
Life Support
Fairyclown, 27 of September of 2009 at 22:44

Does anyone know how long it is safe to be on life support if not in a coma? today is the 14th day that my father has been on this and there doesn't look like any signs of him trying to cough the tube...

Smiley, saturday 17-Oct-09 15
Darren @ Hitched
Any feedback?...
Darren @ Hitched, 7 of September of 2009 at 11:03

... Just thought I'd ask you for some feedback. As you probably know, we had some system problems a couple of weeks ago that meant the site stalling and sometimes grinding to a halt. We made some big...

Jenbo, wednesday 9-Sep-09 35
Roobarb
Getting a message to a cruise ship at sea - can you/how?
Roobarb, 29 of August of 2009 at 23:07

My parents are crossing New York - Southampton on the Queen Mary 2 shortly and it will be their Ruby Wedding when they are away. I was hoping to send them a message/telegram or something on the big...

Roobarb, monday 31-Aug-09 5
Smiley
Those who have moved to the US, salary in the US compared to the UK
Smiley, 23 of August of 2009 at 10:51

I know this is probably an unanswerable question, but I am trying to find out what a compararable Salary in the US would be to one in the UK. I know that on the face of it the actual salary isnt just...

minerva, monday 24-Aug-09 4
Smiley
Reducing acne scars/bumpy skin, is there anything?
Smiley, 15 of August of 2009 at 23:48

I had acne from age 13 until I fell pregnant at 35, and the skin on my chin (the only place I got acne) is horrible. It looks really bumpy, and I hate catching my reflection in the mirror as it looks...

Hortan, saturday 21-May-22 16
SophieM
What on earth am I going to make for dinner? (Sigh)
SophieM, 13 of August of 2009 at 11:50

Going to Pilates class after work so will only get home c.8.30. Then need to do a spot of washing up and cook something. Not pasta - we had it last night. Not rice - had that on Monday. Not sausages -...

Smiley, sunday 16-Aug-09 35
em-ster
Do you have a name for your car?
em-ster, 15 of August of 2009 at 17:35

I ask because I've recently ordered a new car and collect on Monday. Whilst I can't wait for the new one, I'll be sorry to see Tina (!) my current car go. It made me realise that H and I have named...

Braw Wee Chanter, sunday 16-Aug-09 21
Evil Yoda
Speed of Forum
Evil Yoda, 23 of July of 2009 at 23:00

Is anything going to be done about the speed of the forums? Personally I am not posting as frequently as I used to due to how slow the pages take to load. There is a thread on OT at the moment called...

Dean @ Hitched.co.uk, thursday 27-Aug-09 33
Mrs Magic
Share your weird and wonderful food combinations
Mrs Magic, 11 of August of 2009 at 11:54

I mentioned this on legless' dinner thread but it's still making me chuckle so thought I would ask for any weird and wonderful things/combinations you have eaten recently. Mum and I were at my...

babygreenuk, wednesday 12-Aug-09 77
Mrs Magic
Any Edinburgh (or nearby) folks fancy a picnic on Sunday afternoon?
Mrs Magic, 6 of August of 2009 at 20:06

Magenta, Natasha (with their daughters), Ma Magic and I are going to the Edinburgh Festivals' Cavalcade on Sunday (through Holyrood Park, not Princes Street this year) and planning to take a picnic....

Smiley, sunday 9-Aug-09 14
Rache
Scottish Hitchers: mince and tatties
Rache, 6 of August of 2009 at 15:00

It's my turn to make supper tonight and to my shame I realise I've never given my children mince and tatties. We used to have it every week with doughballs (dumplings) made by my gran. So..... fry off...

JasmineJ, friday 7-Aug-09 69
swampytiggaa
my brother died this morning
swampytiggaa, 2 of August of 2009 at 11:31

5am. That fcuking fiasco with the *** boat finished him off. just glad i got to see him last night before the end and that he was able to recognise who people were. rest in peace Michael xx

Sah, monday 3-Aug-09 93
R-A
Excited - our holiday train tickets have just arrived
R-A, 1 of August of 2009 at 10:56

Tempted to use the green bouncy man here.... Just got our Interrail and Eurostar tickets for going to visit my sister in the Algarve at the end of Aug. Going by train is such the right choice and...

Smiley, saturday 1-Aug-09 3
P
Misconceptions about where you live
Pint&APie, 30 of July of 2009 at 10:32

R-A's earlier comment "I see the parks and my Lido and the fab diversity and sense of community where other people see the gun crime and used syringes" got me thinking about how certain areas develop...

Mollycat, monday 3-Aug-09 174
Smiley
Who is right here, my H or me?
Smiley, 24 of July of 2009 at 21:00

Our (lovely) neighbour has been having an argument in his house for the past hour and a bit at the top of his voice. They are drinking, and arguing about god only knows. There is shouting and banging....

mothership, saturday 25-Jul-09 8
JK
Can anyone offer advice? Re being unable to move on.
JK, 23 of July of 2009 at 20:57

Those of you who know my friend, please don't mention this should you ever see her. I'm so worried about her. She's suicidal tonight (though I've made her promise not to do anything without calling...

Zebra, friday 24-Jul-09 19
St. Knickerless
Swine flu (not about me)
St. Knickerless, 14 of July of 2009 at 09:09

Can anyone please tell me why previously healthy people are dying from this? I know that we dont have specific details of the individual cases, but what is it that would be killing people? What would...

Mal, friday 17-Jul-09 90
Vicki27
channel 4 signal
Vicki27, 30 of June of 2009 at 20:16

Anyone got a rubbish signal on channel 4 through sky? ours is stuttering and picture breaking up. all others channels seem ok

bluewater, tuesday 30-Jun-09 5
M
Michael Jackson - RIP
Mrs JMP, 25 of June of 2009 at 22:16

On the news it's said he has had a cardiac arrest & in a bad way. ETA: 00.40 Just woke to the news he died.

Mr JK, saturday 27-Jun-09 149
Chel
have we got any hitchers in Jersey?
Chel, 20 of June of 2009 at 15:14

Want to pick your brain if we do lol

Chel, saturday 20-Jun-09 17
oldspeckledtam
Ridiculous things you've done in your sleep.
oldspeckledtam, 12 of June of 2009 at 22:36

I was just clearing out my phone texts and came across this one from my brother. "Girlfriend has excelled herself. Apparently she was dreaming that she was being made to eat worcester sauce, onion and...

crystal-k, monday 15-Jun-09 58
English Girl in Bangkok
Terrified of Flying
English Girl in Bangkok, 11 of June of 2009 at 12:07

Hello I have always been a nervous flyer. Think it's due to the feeling of lack of control which I struggle with. I live in Thailand and so do at least 4 or 5 long haul flights a year. I've been here...

Smiley, thursday 11-Jun-09 14
Ginger
Stupid Sunday Drinking
Ginger, 7 of June of 2009 at 16:48

The husband thought it would be a good idea to meet his brother at the pub. He had a coke or 2. I had some Coronas to get me in the mexico holiday mood. I am drunked. I am going to go for a...

Luthien, sunday 7-Jun-09 15
HeidiHole
Official Big Brother Launch Thread!
HeidiHole, 4 of June of 2009 at 20:15

Roll up, roll up, Ladies and Gentlemen, people of all ages, there are 45 minutes to go until lift off! Oh yes, the circus has come to town again, for your delight this evening we have loons, wannabe...

HeidiHole, friday 5-Jun-09 184
Smiley
Hotel/Area recommendations on the South Coast please
Smiley, 3 of June of 2009 at 08:00

Hi We are going to Jersey in a couple of weeks, and, with the ferry times, had planned to stay in Weymouth in a Premier Inn when we got back (8:40pm on a Sunday) However, I put it off so long that the...

Smiley, wednesday 3-Jun-09 3
fiona-100
Lunch places- Hamilton/ Motherwell/ Shotts???
fiona-100, 31 of May of 2009 at 19:48

Evening all I'm after recommendations for places for lunch for a Saturday at the end of June, preferably licensed (H will need a hair of the dog). Going to a wedding in East Kilbride on the Friday,...

Meep, sunday 31-May-09 7
P
do seperate dining rooms add value to your house?
peanut, 29 of May of 2009 at 15:01

My H threw an idea at me the other day and I dismissed it straight away but now I have been giving it some thought and I think I warming to the idea. Our main house has a big kitchen with a breakfast...

MD, sunday 31-May-09 14
Smiley
How does Facebook 'suggest friends'?
Smiley, 30 of May of 2009 at 12:44

The reason I ask is that this morning two names have come up. 1 is a girl i work with, no friends in common at all, and one is my sisters sister inlaw who I only know from my sisters wedding 3 years...

Mal, saturday 30-May-09 7

General groups

Hitched article topics