L
Lady Gooner

United Kingdom · From March 2006

• Beginner

Discussions

*CJ*
Aspergers in adults?
*CJ*, 23 of August of 2009 at 20:38

Before I get lost in the powers of google can anyone help recommend any informative websites regarding Aspergers please? And particularly in adults. Or is there anyone here who has any experience of...

Giraffe Wife, saturday 29-Aug-09 27
Flaming Nora
The contraceptive implant
Flaming Nora, 21 of August of 2009 at 15:58

I feel queasy just thinking about it but the Dr has advised that this is the answer to all my problems. I faint every time I have an injection so the thought of this is really turning my tummy. Can...

Flaming Nora, friday 21-Aug-09 10
Helen**
The Tudors. Anyone watching tonight?
Helen**, 21 of August of 2009 at 20:33

Yeah yeah not very accurate, boo hiss, yawn... but love it anyway!

Scarlett03, friday 21-Aug-09 6
MrsB
What's your worst chore?
MrsB, 6 of August of 2009 at 16:02

Just thinking as I pause in hanging up the washing. I hate hate hate hanging up socks on the line. they're so much sodding effort. a peg a sock. fiddly little gits. I also hhhhhhate unrolling my...

Campergirl, friday 7-Aug-09 56
cha-cha
Medical peeps- collapsed vein?
cha-cha, 30 of July of 2009 at 13:47

I went for a blood test today and the nurse had a terrible time trying to find a nice vein. Right arm, left arm, back to right arm... I now look like I lost a fight with a hedgehog. but anyway. When...

Mrs Magic, thursday 30-Jul-09 7
P
Misconceptions about where you live
Pint&APie, 30 of July of 2009 at 10:32

R-A's earlier comment "I see the parks and my Lido and the fab diversity and sense of community where other people see the gun crime and used syringes" got me thinking about how certain areas develop...

Mollycat, monday 3-Aug-09 174
Knownowt
Last Post- Carol Ann Duffy
Knownowt, 30 of July of 2009 at 08:39

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_8175000/8175790.stm

Lumpy Golightly, thursday 30-Jul-09 16
Mrs Magic
Long term ill hitchers and those in the know, can I have your thoughts please? Meds related
Mrs Magic, 29 of July of 2009 at 13:23

Disclaimer, I'm not seeking advice on what to actually do and obviously would never act on anything without first seeing a doctor. I would just like to get some thoughts. My health condition is...

Lumpy Golightly, thursday 30-Jul-09 36
ellie1
Can you negotiate a quote from a builder?
ellie1, 29 of July of 2009 at 14:42

We want to have some decking done in the garden and have just got a quote from a guy who's done some work for us before. It's more than we were expecting to pay but we'd like it done. Is it not the...

David, friday 17-Nov-23 7
R-A
Would you/do you wear charity shop clothes?
R-A, 29 of July of 2009 at 13:17

We have been a 'second hand family' my whole life. Be it from cousins, siblings, neighbours, charity shops or boot sales, as a child I hardly ever wore something new and thought nothing of it. These...

tahiti, thursday 30-Jul-09 60
Mrs Magic
Wootton Basset - repatriation of deseased troops
Mrs Magic, 28 of July of 2009 at 14:58

It started with the locals, along with former troops and the British Legion. It was seen as a beautiful mark of respect. Then as word spread, more and more arrived to pay their respects. Then along...

Old Nick Esq., wednesday 29-Jul-09 29
Rache
Plea re swine flu
Rache, 16 of July of 2009 at 10:53

Can everyone who doesn't already have one, please buy a thermometer? I like the Braun Thermoscan which is about £30 on Amazon at the moment. It makes it really difficult to assess swine flu over the...

catwoman, thursday 16-Jul-09 10
memyselfandi
Does anyone have a half share in a season ticket?
memyselfandi, 15 of July of 2009 at 13:25

And if so, do you have any advice on how to share the games out in the fairest manner? TIA

memyselfandi, wednesday 15-Jul-09 8
B
Bicester Area Hitchers - village hall help
Boop, 13 of July of 2009 at 15:54

A dog-training friend and I are looking for a village hall or similar to hire for half a day once a month (weekday) so we can train together. Bicester and surrounding area is approximately halfway...

princess layabout, monday 13-Jul-09 5
~~~liz~~~
Cat help
~~~liz~~~, 6 of July of 2009 at 15:46

Just wondering if anyone can help. We have 2 indoor cats. The youngest (nearly 3) has been really suffering in the heat. Weve kept the house as cool as we can and added extra water to his food as he...

~~~liz~~~, monday 6-Jul-09 11
S
im doing an open uni degree!!!!!
SabrinaSpellman, 4 of July of 2009 at 15:26

Hi all just thought id share that work have agreed to fund my 3year OU course to do the degree in child health ( nursing course) i already have the diploma but want to increase it to degree...

Lady Gooner, monday 6-Jul-09 14
HeidiHole
Wimbledon - Murray's 1st game
HeidiHole, 23 of June of 2009 at 16:26

How dare Chardy win a set against Roddick when I'm waiting to watch the Murray game. Some people have NO manners. Hmmph! ETA: Have edited the title to save having two posts, Murray is warming up now. ...

safetyzone, wednesday 24-Jun-09 14
Mrs S Smith
Waah! Swine Flu Scare in office
Mrs S Smith, 22 of June of 2009 at 16:36

This is by far the closest I've come to Swine Flu (so far - touch wood!!) A colleague of mine has spent the weekend with her SIL who's just been diagnosed with Swine Flu, so she's spoken to her doc...

Mrs S Smith, tuesday 23-Jun-09 12
Hugo Brambles
Cat advice
Hugo Brambles, 19 of June of 2009 at 10:20

The boy cat hates being brushed, he always has and consquently being a long hair cat, gets knots especially on his front area as he is a dribbler. I could cut them out fine but as soon as he sees the...

Ice Queen, friday 19-Jun-09 4
L
Franchising anyone?
Lady Gooner, 8 of June of 2009 at 08:00

When you purchase a franchise how much freedom do you generally have over how the business is run? i.e. marketing, recruitment, equipment used? Also are they usually sold to a single person or can...

Lady Gooner, tuesday 9-Jun-09 6
Mrs Magic
Long term steroid use
Mrs Magic, 5 of June of 2009 at 14:37

? I wondered if any long term 'roiders (or anyone!) could share their wisdom please? Steroids are really starting to take their toll on my body. I've been on prednisolone for 4.5 years now and...

poochanna, saturday 6-Jun-09 8
rachele
Can any recommend a beautician / waxer in or near Milton Keynes?
rachele, 4 of June of 2009 at 14:40

As the title says really - I have lived just south of MK for the last 3 years but I've still been travelling 20 miles every 3rd week to go my old waxing lady / manicurist. I'm now getting a bit sick...

twiggy, thursday 4-Jun-09 3
Iris
Has anyone tried the graze boxes?
Iris, 3 of June of 2009 at 12:14

I'm thinking of trying the free box offer and then cancelling. Is it more trouble than it's worth?

Consuela Banana Hamm, wednesday 3-Jun-09 26
Chicken
Drury Lane Theatre
Chicken, 15 of May of 2009 at 11:03

Anyone know if you can buy tickets in person from Drury Lane? I need 9 tickets to Oliver seated together or nearby and none of the ticket websites are helping me. I get that there might not be 9 seats...

Chicken, friday 15-May-09 2
Ice Queen
I'm past the half way mark....
Ice Queen, 14 of May of 2009 at 20:51

So I've been on bed rest now for 8 days, roll on next Wednesday when I'm allowed up, staples will come out and new plaster will go on. Not looking forward to anoth 5-7 weeks of non weight bearing on...

Lady Gooner, friday 15-May-09 4
M
Anyone do scrapbooking as a hobby?
Mrs Bloom, 14 of May of 2009 at 20:02

I'm looking for some inspiration/advice! I'm quite crafty but I've never done scrapbooking, but I'd love to. I make greetings cards made my own wedding invitations and it seems like a natural step. I...

Mrs Bloom, saturday 16-May-09 23
DaisyDaisy
can anyone recommend a ..er health farm..
DaisyDaisy, 14 of May of 2009 at 12:36

..is that what they're called? Surely spas are just pampery things, or is it a spa? I want to go somewhere in the south east (pref) for a long weekend where I can do fit things and torture myself in...

DaisyDaisy, thursday 14-May-09 8
B
iPhone fans
bostongirl, 13 of May of 2009 at 16:11

Anyone got inside info on when the new iPhone is out. The best I can find by googling is 'over the summer'. Anyone know more precisely?

shoegal01, wednesday 13-May-09 8
Lommel
Boyfriend's ex has stopped contact :(
Lommel, 13 of May of 2009 at 14:42

Boyfriend split from his ex August 06. He has been having his daughter every weekend since then, Friday to Sunday, except the odd occasion for holidays/illness etc. Not entirely sure these have all...

Lommel, friday 15-May-09 23
P
Prince2 - anyone done it as home learning? Numbnuts?
poochanna, 12 of May of 2009 at 16:04

As above really. I am looking to do this as there's a possibility of some work in August. As part of my job I have undertaken the PM of web systems, pretty complex stuff and for good brands. There's a...

poochanna, wednesday 13-May-09 16
Hoobygroovy
Maj Phil Packer completes London marathon
Hoobygroovy, 9 of May of 2009 at 13:17

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/8041374.stm A remarkable man and no mistake. It's taken him two weeks to compete the marathon, walking no more than 2 miles per day, step by painful...

Lady Gooner, monday 11-May-09 6

General groups

Hitched article topics