Skip to main content
B
Bev Downie

United Kingdom · From February 2010

Discussions

soontobehismrs
Photography Help
soontobehismrs, 27 of November of 2012 at 15:31

We met our top 5 photographers over the weekend, but are now completely stumped on which is the best one for us. 1) Lovely guy, beautiful pictures, stunning albums. BUT, he was a photographer for the...

soontobehismrs, wednesday 5-Dec-12 14
Z
Derbyshire Photographer help...
zebralea, 19 of November of 2012 at 17:30

Ok... I have only lived in the area for a year so i don't know many vendors, so need your help, Photographers for my day! Or even photographers that are willing to travel without charging an arm and...

Bev Downie, monday 26-Nov-12 26
Irefusetobecalm
Videographers - Odd Request
Irefusetobecalm, 4 of October of 2012 at 14:49

Hiyas, I wonder if there are any vidders out there who could give me some advice. HTB wants our wedding recorded, if he wants that he can have it, I'm not too fussed, but I want to be able to edit the...

DaleCampbellFilms, monday 8-Oct-12 6
Tracey86
I need a Monkey...
Tracey86, 2 of September of 2012 at 07:28

Not a real one of course! Haha, has anybody seen any cute soft toy monkey's around anywhere that don't cost an absolute fortune but equally aren't cheap tack? I thought this would be easy but it's...

Bev Downie, sunday 2-Sep-12 8
tortoise
More TOG opinions needed please
tortoise, 27 of August of 2012 at 11:06

Hi, So I ruled out one of my last two choices because of the style and the other one wasn't available on my date I've found another two who are available and do very similar packages for roughly the...

tortoise, friday 31-Aug-12 7
M
A Week To Go & Venue Changes Plans - WWYD???
MAG2FMC, 1 of July of 2012 at 06:45

Hello - it's a week until our wedding and our venue just now informed us that they realized we would have to end our reception at 23:30 instead of 0:00 due to bar licensing requirements. Had we known...

swampy1901, sunday 1-Jul-12 9
E
Weather
emmanholmes84, 26 of June of 2012 at 11:42

Getting married a week on Saturday 7th July anyone No what the weather is like I'm sure there are threads like this bit I'm sure Iv seen its raining hope Not were gettin married outside

Bev Downie, tuesday 26-Jun-12 4
DaffyB
photographers or anyone who has printed their own photos
DaffyB, 24 of June of 2012 at 19:59

Which is the best website or shop to get good quality prints of photos done? Thanks

SingleNoMore, thursday 28-Jun-12 6
B
A lovely simple idea from Saturday's wedding
Bev Downie, 24 of June of 2012 at 11:48

We were at a wedding on Saturday and on each of the guests name cards on the table, the Bride and Groom had hand written something that they shared as a memory with each person. It might have been...

Macca87, sunday 24-Jun-12 2 970
M
Deposit & Payment Standards for Videographers
MAG2FMC, 20 of May of 2012 at 09:35

Hi! We're wanting to hire someone to video our day and have found a videographer who shoots/edits in the style we like. She is just starting to build her portfolio and so has offered us IMO a...

Chris Giles Photogra, sunday 20-May-12 7
BridalButterfly2012
Stag do blunder plz help
BridalButterfly2012, 18 of May of 2012 at 17:28

I am so p***ed off now. It is OH's stag do tonight and it is at the races. It didn't bother me at all until i have just had a phone call from my mum (my dad and bro have gone with OH and a few others)...

Bev Downie, saturday 19-May-12 28
N
Just booked the perfect Cinematography company
nizich1234, 9 of May of 2012 at 22:04

I recently got engaged to my girlfriend of 4 and a half years, and we just started getting all of our wedding planning done. A friend of ours directed us to this video for a cinematography company...

*JLS*, thursday 10-May-12 4
H
Photographer (Essex)
HMA123, 6 of March of 2012 at 09:57

Hi, Can anybody recommend a good/reasonably priced photographer in the Southend area? Thanks

honeybee9, thursday 22-Mar-12 13
Moschops
TOG recommendation-South Wales
Moschops, 4 of March of 2012 at 13:43

As the title says really, can anyone recommend a TOG in the Neath/Swansea area South Wales. Thankyou ?

andrewj, tuesday 6-Mar-12 9
L
Is it worth having a photographer??
lucy_x, 8 of February of 2012 at 14:02

We are currently saving up for our wedding and are trying to keep costs down, is it really worth having a photographer when they are approx £1000 for the day? I was thinking maybe just ask a couple of...

Mellow_Yellow, thursday 9-Feb-12 69
Liverbird
Canapes and ice cream
Liverbird, 31 of January of 2012 at 16:37

So, we're getting down to the detail now and starting to think about our menu. We're having crostini with different toppings for our canapes and have been given this list by our caterer - which 3/4...

MrsBlackToBe, wednesday 1-Feb-12 9
B
Video license??
Becs2012, 8 of January of 2012 at 22:43

Can anyone shed light on this? In order to have someone video our wedding service, the vicar said we have to obtain a video license? Anyone had to do this? Any help much appreciated!!!!

Larkie08, monday 9-Jan-12 8
L
Is it ok to be taller than him?!
LeicesterBride, 6 of January of 2012 at 13:48

Odd, adn I guess trivial question, I know - LeicesterBridegroom is a couple of inches taller than me, but I usually wear heels so end up an inch or two taller than him. Normally this doesn't cross my...

Storky, friday 6-Jan-12 9
Z
Irish bride getting hitched in Italy. Help!
Zita Maria, 2 of January of 2012 at 21:22

Hi ladies, I wondered if anyone has any advice on getting married in Italy by any chance? I'm Irish, he is British, and we're getting married in Tuscany but without the help of a wedding planner it is...

bec84, tuesday 3-Jan-12 3
Doris 5/10
Do you expect your photographer to be Smartly dressed?
Doris 5/10, 20 of November of 2011 at 19:42

What the title says really...... I asked OH to look at 2 websites of photographers I like and he said ' can we ask what will they be wearing on the day' Now this came about because when I was a...

Wedding Photographer, monday 5-Dec-11 47
M
Songs to leave after the ceremony
Meggiemoo1981, 6 of November of 2011 at 13:51

Any ideas? What are you having??

Michelle772012, monday 7-Nov-11 11
C
Plus Size Boudoir Photography???
ClaireH, 1 of November of 2011 at 14:43

A long time ago now a lady on here gave me the link to a photographer that she had used for this but I can't find it! I'm trying to find somewhere to have pics done for HTB but as am a large lady...

AnnieSmith, wednesday 9-Nov-11 9
N
venice wedding help!!!!1
natalie137, 18 of October of 2011 at 14:53

I am planning on getting married in venice in may 2013 it will be a small wedding probally about 30 people max ..... i dont know where to start? has anyone got married in venice? prices? venues? town...

Alreadymarried, monday 24-Oct-11 17
Maxibon
Has anyone been to a wedding in Portmeirion?
Maxibon, 8 of October of 2011 at 09:01

Hello ladies! ive not been this side for a while, im usually on bt but do lurk here. as the title says really, im off to a wedding in porthmeirion soon. has anyone been? stayed there? food etc? im...

steph2325, sunday 9-Oct-11 16
G
wedding videos???? help
grae, 1 of October of 2011 at 02:05

Hi everyone my firstpost here i'm looking at what i can do about a video of my wedding, every professional ive contacted locally wants to charge me over £500! is that the going rate - are there any...

grae, monday 3-Oct-11 12
L
Shoot It Yourself on Dragon's Den!!!
louisepalmer79, 20 of September of 2011 at 15:28

I am sooo excited....I've just found out the company I used for my wedding video (www.shoot-it-yourself.co.uk) are going to be on Dragon's Den next week!! I am now wondering whether my wedding video...

pixbyvish, tuesday 27-Sep-11 22
laura@smooch
GROUPON - Cheap Photography Package - Notts
laura@smooch, 22 of August of 2011 at 09:08

Morning all, Just spotted this on my Groupon email and wondered if it would be any use to anyone..?...

carrollove, tuesday 23-Aug-11 10
Kadence
Is this an ok price for photography???
Kadence, 6 of August of 2011 at 20:41

My big sis got married last year and her photos were fab. She had two photographers that were there until 9.30pm, had the images on cd, a musical dvd thingy and 10 prints of there choice. She also has...

Kadence, monday 8-Aug-11 29
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
Teeth whitening for wedding - pain? FAO Darren
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 2 of August of 2011 at 11:00

Who has had teeth whitening in preparation for their wedding (I know I have chatted with someone about it before)? I started my treatment yesterday and am getting dreadful "zingers", which the dentist...

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, wednesday 3-Aug-11 35
Little Miss Tweety
Videography Advise Please.
Little Miss Tweety, 1 of August of 2011 at 20:50

??has anyone used of know of anyone that has used CPD videography www.cdpfilm.co.uk If you can be bothered could you please take a look and tell me what you think? I'm not really sure what to look for...

philip1982, wednesday 3-Aug-11 8
J
Suppliers not turning up on the day?
Jlo84, 14 of July of 2011 at 22:23

Hi all, One of my main concerns is the suppliers not turning up on the day. I have looked through all of the wedding insurers recommended my Hitched but none seem to cover this. Is anyone else worried...

Jason Clark DJ, friday 15-Jul-11 9
helsbels35
My Wedding on photographers blog! * MEGA photo flash *
helsbels35, 26 of May of 2011 at 14:46

Hello Ladies, Ive been away for a little bit since my wedding, we have moved to a new house in a completely new area (thank you royal air force!) so I apologise for the late photo flash of the...

rachb3, thursday 26-May-11 54

General groups

Hitched article topics