• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

10 of September of 2011

4620days 15hours

Discussions

L
Violin!!!!!
Lou37, 21 of September of 2015 at 20:21

My 9 year old has just brought home the violin from school, instrument of choice for year 4!!! Don't think I wiil cope ?

MOMB, wednesday 23-Sep-15 3
N
Gift lists, money poems and more...
NoMoore, 21 of July of 2015 at 10:23

After opinions please We obviously don't expect anyone to give us anything as a wedding gift, especially as a lot of guests are travelling from Essex to Fife for the wedding. However, we are now...

MadamRed, tuesday 28-Jul-15 20
bliss_balloons
Good / bad week
bliss_balloons , 10 of July of 2015 at 14:00

Happy Friday everyone! Good - Got second dress fitting plus final meeting with our venue tomorrow. Good - BBQ tomorrow night with friends and oh is driving so lots of alcohol for me Not really any...

bananacatdance, sunday 12-Jul-15 11
M
Work shoes...
MrsRees2B, 8 of July of 2015 at 20:39

Where other than clarks can I get decent work shoes from. I have size 9 feet so that limits me straight away. They need to look good with cropped trousers and long ones. Not too fussed about price...

Daisy Bell, saturday 11-Jul-15 7
Erin8
New layout
Erin8, 1 of July of 2015 at 23:27

What doe we all think? I am just adjusting, l am liking the bigger font though. The layout has messed up my signature ☹️

Pompey, thursday 16-Jul-15 20
Sambarine
have managed to get myself in a right mess over changing my name....
Sambarine, 2 of July of 2015 at 08:51

Hello ladies, i need some advice! I was very excited to take H's name, and started switching over bank/utilities to Mrs H when we got our marriage cert. HOWEVER, I did want to keep using my maiden...

Helenia, monday 6-Jul-15 8
yorkshirekiwi
Good week/Bad week
yorkshirekiwi, 26 of June of 2015 at 08:41

It's been literally YONKS since we've had one of these, so I though I'd bring in Friday with a good old good/bad thread. For me: GOOD: Free money. My workplace is changing their payroll system and...

bananacatdance, saturday 27-Jun-15 14
M
UK Online Officiants - where can they marry?
MummyWifeyBoo, 21 of June of 2015 at 22:22

And how does it all work!!? Hi, this is my very first post (am on my iPhone, and cant seem to find the function to search the forum?!) - I really want one of my very best friends in my wedding party...

Simply Ceremonies Uk, monday 22-Jun-15 8
Superhanka
Scandinavia
Superhanka, 12 of June of 2015 at 09:41

With only a couple of weeks or so til H and I go on our summer hols, I thought I should start doing some research. We're basically driving round Scandinavia in our van. So, does anyone have top tips...

Enjayee, wednesday 8-Jul-15 21
L
Japan
LalaC1988, 13 of June of 2015 at 10:16

Ladies please talk to me about Japan. Has anybody ever visited? We're talking about our holidays next year and Japan has been floated I don't know much about it but I fancy going purely because it's...

HappyIvoryCars344, tuesday 30-Jun-15 17
A
How much detail do you put in your Order of Service?
AmyE85, 12 of June of 2015 at 18:07

Hi - wondered if someone could help... We're getting married in a C of E church. I was given a template by the church administrator, which has been since checked by our vicar, but I'm worried it is...

Teal, friday 12-Jun-15 2
overtherainbow
Piano lessons
overtherainbow, 10 of June of 2015 at 13:34

So now I have some time for myself, I have always wanted to learn how to play the piano since a child. I know absolutely beggar all about music or pianos though! I never played an instrument at school...

pammy67, thursday 11-Jun-15 10
WickyWack
Giving gifts..family...rant...
WickyWack, 8 of June of 2015 at 09:19

It was my H's 31st birthday yesterday and I'm feeling really peeved and awkward about how my parents have been.. We did the whole opening of presents and cards and when he got to opening the card off...

HelenSomerset, tuesday 9-Jun-15 22
snow bride
A note to those having small kids at a wedding reception :-)
snow bride, 5 of June of 2015 at 21:01

Recent posts have made me realise that a lot of people are asking questions about teeny kids (as obviously if you don't have any close, your not likely to know!). So I thought this could be a nice...

snow bride, monday 8-Jun-15 24
V
Wedding gifts / Cash !
vwills, 5 of June of 2015 at 09:18

Hey everyone...I know this is likely to be met with some very different opinions as I've seen lots of people saying different things about this!! Basically my fiance and I have agreed that we don't...

Chucklevision, thursday 11-Jun-15 81
lilbeth
Handkerchief
lilbeth, 31 of May of 2015 at 17:39

A very random post but it is Sunday afternoon, I'm a little bored and thought I would share my revelation. I always thought handkerchiefs were for the older generation or for men. But the other day...

Erin8, monday 1-Jun-15 9
lilbeth
Marriage preparation
lilbeth, 29 of May of 2015 at 09:00

Hello all! We had a meeting with the vicar on Wednesday, it was only us and him and I assumed it would be to talk about what marriage meant and how to make it work. However it was mainly just an admin...

Ash953, saturday 30-May-15 5
Lady Zith
So how is everyone on this sunny Wednesday?
Lady Zith, 27 of May of 2015 at 08:48

Thought Id see how you lovely people are doing. I've been at work for a while, but it's nice first thing when it's really quiet. And I just bought some awesome shoes from a 2nd hand page on fb! (I'm a...

halloweeny, thursday 28-May-15 28
B
Anyone finding having a new name strange?
b2b1, 25 of May of 2015 at 20:52

Im due to get married soon and sometimes overthink the fact that in a short while I'll no longer have the name I had before and grew up with and it makes me sad. I'm excited about the new name but...

Mrsmalpass, thursday 28-May-15 44
Sambarine
we got married!! *flashy flashes*
Sambarine, 24 of May of 2015 at 17:08

Yesterday was fabulous. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. Highlights: the choir, enthusiastically belting out Jerusalem at each other at the altar rail, husband's (!) speech, first dance,...

bananacatdance, wednesday 27-May-15 30
pammy67
Pammy67's wedding report now up..
pammy67, 24 of May of 2015 at 17:57

...I know some otters don't go to the WP section, but I know some of you were keen so I've put my report up and you can find it here https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/p/500865/3746244.aspx#3746244...

pammy67, thursday 28-May-15 14
Y
Choosing bridesmaid dresses before wedding dress
YanaiYork, 21 of May of 2015 at 20:58

Hi I'm pretty new here, but have been getting lots of great hints and tips from this forum since I got engaged a month ago. So I hope someone can help with my question: Is it ok to choose the...

Helenia, sunday 24-May-15 13
Lady Zith
Any gaming widows on here?
Lady Zith, 24 of May of 2015 at 06:59

(Please - reassure me I'm not on my own!) How the heck do you cope? Bit of an odd story on the relationship front - been with boyfriend 4 months, due to combination of circumstances he has moved in...

Ddpunk, tuesday 26-May-15 21
Erin8
Bank holiday weekend
Erin8, 18 of May of 2015 at 23:00

What is everyone up to this bank holiday weekend? I am off work! To put this into perspective then l have worked every day of each bank holiday weekend we have had in 2015. This weekend l am just...

HappyIvoryCars344, sunday 24-May-15 51
L
Oxford recommendations
LalaC1988, 19 of May of 2015 at 16:35

Me and hubby are going to Oxford for my birthday next month we've found a 'cheeky' Groupon for quite a nice little hotel just wondering if anybody has any recommendations for a evening meal places of...

RogueSnowflake, wednesday 20-May-15 6
Arpee
FAO Helenia
Arpee, 5 of May of 2015 at 11:54

I was searching for something in old forum posts and came across a thread from a couple of years ago, what you looked like then and now, that you posted your pics on... I went to secondary school with...

Arpee, tuesday 19-May-15 2
BriertonBride
Legal side of marriage......confused! ?
BriertonBride, 19 of May of 2015 at 14:06

Hi, Sorry I if this makes me sound really silly! I have searched on here and on the Internet and still feel slightly confused! My h2b and I are getting married in a maor house in June 2016. I am so...

MrsRees2B, tuesday 19-May-15 6
M
Drinks for reception and wedding breakfast
Mrsmalpass, 18 of May of 2015 at 10:17

Right im having abit of a flap about drinks of all things! Our venue has a no corkage free (great!!) we get married at 13:30 and the venue has a bar, we have paid for this to be open from 14:00. The...

Teal, monday 18-May-15 7
SillyWrong
Babies babies babies babies!
SillyWrong, 18 of May of 2015 at 10:21

I have two very special fellas in my life, my brother and my best friend C. Last week, they both became daddies to beautiful little girls. The two babies were actually due five weeks apart - my...

MrsShep, tuesday 19-May-15 34
S
church weddings - help
SunnyBrownDiamonds138, 12 of May of 2015 at 21:19

Hi, I am a regular lurker here and just wanted some advice on an issue I'm currently having if I'm honest. Dont really want to approach family and friends with it at this stage. i am not particularly...

Scottish_Sarah, friday 15-May-15 28
C
Hen weekend - tartan night - what to wear?
celticcurl, 27 of April of 2015 at 18:53

My hen weekend is in just over 2 weeks. I've been informed today that we are having a tartan night and everyone has to wear something tartan. I'm assuming this is in honour of my OH who is Scottish....

celticcurl, wednesday 13-May-15 14
Holey
Posting political views on FB
Holey, 5 of May of 2015 at 13:29

What are your thoughts on this? A lad I work with has been posting Conservative party updates and encouraging others to vote for them. I really don't agree with this and think your vote is personal to...

HelenSomerset, tuesday 12-May-15 38

General groups

Hitched article topics