• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

5 of May of 2012

4399days 16hours

Discussions

M
Illuminated letters!
MancBride, 18 of March of 2014 at 11:28

Because we are not planning on having a DJ (doing the music ourselves), OH wants something that will be a focal point/backdrop to the dancefloor. We have seen those illuminated letters in a few...

icklesal, tuesday 18-Mar-14 4
L
I have ordered my wedding dress from China ....
LYONS2BE, 17 of February of 2014 at 19:09

And now I am nervous as hell reading all the posts, on here. The feedback is great for the buyer, but still nervous.

bliss_balloons, tuesday 18-Feb-14 11
M
Coloured wedding dresses
MrsB2015, 10 of February of 2014 at 20:23

Hi All I have found my dream dress, I am not conventional at all so I have chosen a red dress and black bridesmaid dresses with a red sash. I don't want anyone to know I am wearing red but was...

AmericanDream, wednesday 10-Jun-15 16
S
DIY Candy Buffet
Shely, 3 of November of 2013 at 09:57

Hi all. Just starting to plan my candy buffet. Does anyone know a good site for buying Victorian style glass jars that is reasonably priced? I have also looked at plastic varieties but am just not...

Shely, monday 4-Nov-13 13
H
Price for pub reception
harr22, 3 of November of 2013 at 14:10

I'm loving this site-people are so helpful! Hope you don't mind me asking a few more questions My wedding reception is being held in a nice pub-we're having a two course meal consisting of a starter...

harr22, friday 8-Nov-13 12
amihohu
My preserved bouquet vase.... *flash*
amihohu, 1 of November of 2013 at 15:50

Just arrived today! The lady who did it was super nice and gave me a discount as she was a bit disappointed with the colour change on the light calla and that an ivory rose I sent couldnt be used,...

LoveHimMegaMuch, sunday 10-Nov-13 17
M
My wedding ring being made....
Mrsdsoon, 3 of November of 2013 at 14:16

Hi all Thought you would like to see some pics from yesterday. We headed off to have my wedding ring made, the jeweller is making it from my late fathers wedding ring and then it is being cast to...

*Pugsley*, monday 4-Nov-13 3
H
Remembering granddad at my wedding
harr22, 3 of November of 2013 at 13:05

My beloved only grandfather died a few months ago and I'm absolutely devastated he didn't make it to my wedding. We brought our engagement announcement forward so he could know, and I'm comforted that...

Wedding Photography, monday 4-Nov-13 14
L
Registrar only available at not great times :(
laura269, 3 of September of 2013 at 09:33

We're in a quandary! We've just provisionally booked our wedding venue for 28th June next year and I know in wedding terms this is quite short term. Anyway, I called the registrar yesterday to book...

Tizzie, tuesday 3-Sep-13 21
Longtimecoming
Should I change my name on my passport?
Longtimecoming, 2 of September of 2013 at 16:28

So we got married a little over a week ago (WooHoo) and we are just about to book our honeymoon for May 2014 however im confused over whether we should book it in my maiden or married name? I rung the...

BlossomJ, monday 2-Sep-13 14
Guy Wade
Brides Who Make Speeches
Guy Wade, 9 of August of 2013 at 13:59

The Times today has a big article about the number of brides who are now making speeches. It behind a paywall so I wont link to it, but here's a picture of a bit where some nobody spouts their...

kharv, friday 9-Aug-13 31
futuremrsscott
Question for togs :)
futuremrsscott, 8 of August of 2013 at 08:06

In my photographers contract/info it says that some guests put her on the seating plan so that she knows where to sit to eat her meal so I have put her on there with my friends (as I know they'll be...

Bruce Neville Photog, thursday 8-Aug-13 15
havecreditwillwed
Attached - List for name changes - where, how, what docs you need.
havecreditwillwed, 8 of August of 2013 at 18:48

Yes I am a geek. I have just thought of literally every place where I might have to change my name, made a big list complete with a column for ticks, and then noted in what documentation you need to...

Taoisa, wednesday 25-Sep-13 18
E
Which side tiara???(update)
Emma158, 8 of August of 2013 at 14:30

Hi Ladies, I had a look in the shop where I bought my dress and couldn't fins a side tiara that was quite right. (Plus they were about double the price of these...) Anyway, I've found two that I like...

nixy3, monday 19-Aug-13 17
minimorecambe
Nearly there *humongous flash*
minimorecambe, 31 of July of 2013 at 10:31

So with 16 days to go I thought I would do a flash of bits and pieces we have ? Venue Table Runners, Centrepieces jugs (filled with Gyp), Sign for top table (will be teacups filled with flowers on...

Siobhan200286, monday 5-Aug-13 29
Skeptical78
Do you HAVE to do anything with your hair..?
Skeptical78, 25 of July of 2013 at 13:14

I'm having a bit of a hair mare. My very kind hairdresser friend has offered to do my hair for free, but my hair is a short, inverted (chin length at the front / very short at the back) curly bob and...

Skeptical78, friday 26-Jul-13 28
EmmaM88
Any idea what this dress is or where I can find one similar?
EmmaM88, 22 of July of 2013 at 20:34

I have spotted this dress online, have no idea where it is from or who by. Has anyone seen anything similar?

EmmaM88, wednesday 24-Jul-13 6
C
I'm an idiot...bought chocolates a while back for our favours..they have melted!!
cherrybloom, 19 of July of 2013 at 10:15

So being Miss organised I bought chocolates for favours a while back, I subsequently put them in a cool dark place as recommended also known as the cupboard, which normally would be fine with an...

EmmaM88, friday 19-Jul-13 6
C
A wobble
Chamchick, 17 of July of 2013 at 21:01

Who would have thought its so stressful!!

DaffodilWaves, thursday 18-Jul-13 11
R
Wedding in Middlesbrough- Need witnessess!
rs1908, 27 of June of 2013 at 10:14

Hello All We are getting married on 20th July 2013 at 11.15 am at Middlesbrough Registrar’s office. We are keeping it a secret due to some personal reasons and in need of witnesses. We asked the...

Nicky Hewitt Designs, sunday 30-Jun-13 15
BarcaGirl25
Venue is being sold!
BarcaGirl25, 17 of May of 2013 at 13:45

Hi No point to this post other than my venue is being sold to a developer and my wedding has been cancelled! Still have the church and all my suppliers booked but no reception venue. Feeling sorry for...

BarcaGirl25, saturday 18-May-13 19
ShaynaV
How long to wait before sending out "Thank You" notes?
ShaynaV, 16 of May of 2013 at 15:22

This question might sound kind of trivial, but it's something my fiance and I can't seem to figure out. What's the appropriate amount of time to wait (after the wedding) before sending out thank you...

maxinegallie, thursday 16-May-13 10
louise fisher
The Wedding Preparation Details That You May Ignore
louise fisher, 15 of May of 2013 at 08:54

Wedding gifts for your guests always should be very thoughtful and meaningful.It is a very important etiquette to express your appreciative feeling about their present for your wedding. Sometimes...

Elixia, wednesday 15-May-13 4
J
Honey pie boutique
JohannaB, 9 of May of 2013 at 14:05

Hi has anybody had an experience with honeypie boutique? I'm thinking of replacing an Ian Stuart dress jet set with a honey pie dress Ava - unfortunately jet set is out of my budget? Ava looks very...

pumpkin_pie, thursday 9-May-13 13
BarcaGirl25
I found my dress!
BarcaGirl25, 5 of May of 2013 at 16:31

And it's nothing like I expected (how many people say that?!!) Its True Bride W915 (catchy name ?) I didn't even think I could do strapless cos I'm not the smallest of ladies. So excited I even cried...

BarcaGirl25, wednesday 8-May-13 22
M
Foam Wedding Flowers....HELP!
maryjane2406, 8 of May of 2013 at 14:35

I cannot have real flowers as they irritate my skin & my nose... so we were looking a fake flowers.. but weve discovered foam flowers! whats peoples opinion on them? and does anyone know any good...

Nicky Hewitt Designs, wednesday 8-May-13 2
Childhood-Sweet<3
Wedding belt has arrived *Flash*
Childhood-Sweet<3, 7 of May of 2013 at 11:52

I just got excited as my belt for my wedding dress has arrived today I got it from Etsy. Total bargain at £30 including postage from USA and arrived very fast too (in fact it has beaten my H&M...

danielle34570, monday 13-May-13 4
C
Ipod wedding
Chocobo, 6 of May of 2013 at 22:02

Hello guys, I love music, i mean i LOVE music its what im all about, but i have been thinking why should i pay £600 for a simple DJ set up? I was looking into the idea of having a IPOD wedding but...

Sandysounds, tuesday 7-May-13 17
KarenJane
WINE!!!!!
KarenJane, 6 of May of 2013 at 15:18

Hi All - Need to get my wine sorted for the tables pretty soon and was wondering if anyone knew of the best deals around at the moment? I'm looking at about 60 bottles of wine half red and half white....

*gnashers*, monday 6-May-13 19
EAC13
What is/was your menu for children?
EAC13, 30 of April of 2013 at 19:48

Just as the title suggests, as asking about the adult menu helped a lot, I'm trying to figure out a children's menu! Please help again!

*Nursey*, saturday 4-May-13 40
3d jewellery
HIBs
3d jewellery, 1 of May of 2013 at 07:03

Did you get the email yesterday from Hitched. Who knew the suppliers forum was only visible to those with suppliers badges, not me and i have been here 7 years. Anyway thinking that would be the place...

Rhys Parker, wednesday 1-May-13 18
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
What would you think "original" at weddings?
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 23 of April of 2013 at 12:33

Apropos of Skeptic's needlessly worried post.... If you were a guest attending a wedding, what would be "new" to you? You have to forget what you've seen here, on blogs or in mags....what are the...

rubyfirecracker, monday 29-Apr-13 70

General groups

Hitched article topics