wishfulwhispers

United Kingdom · From November 2011

• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

27 of July of 2013

3935days 13hours

Discussions

Penny P
I found the most beautiful wedding ring...
Penny P, 13 of October of 2013 at 19:56

I have been looking for a few months for a white gold wedding ring that looks great next to my engagement ring (which is very blingy!) and today I found it! The thing is it's under £40 and from Argos!...

clareio, tuesday 15-Oct-13 11
MrsBoo
How much are you paying for...
MrsBoo, 15 of September of 2013 at 10:46

Cake!? This has probably been asked before but the forum search isn't working.. I was originally going to go for an M&S cake but after the wedding fayre last week I'm leaning towards a bespoke...

Blondie28, thursday 19-Sep-13 29
rp304
Photographer wants balance in cash not cheque. Alarm bell?!!
rp304, 7 of July of 2013 at 20:25

We are going with a tog that was recommended to us by several people. Wedding is 10th August and the balance is due 4 weeks before so I put the cheque in the post last week but they just phoned me and...

*Pugsley*, friday 1-Nov-13 26
Kentish Gal
All I want to do is....
Kentish Gal, 1 of July of 2013 at 19:00

...hang out with my man, my kid, my dog, get the house clean and wash my hair six times a day to get this wretched dye out. I don't want to be at work any more. I'm ready for my wedding!!!!

wishfulwhispers, wednesday 3-Jul-13 15
Santatranter
How to tell future step daughter about the engagement
Santatranter, 9 of June of 2013 at 20:35

My Fiancé has an eight year old daughter that we see every other weekend. It is now three times since we got engaged that we have seen her. The first time I took my ring off because I wanted to enjoy...

Santatranter, thursday 13-Jun-13 22
wishfulwhispers
Hen Do Etiquette?
wishfulwhispers, 5 of June of 2013 at 09:33

Don't know if etiquette is the right word but its the only one i can think of that will fit. my MOH is my sister, whose a little bitter that I'm getting married before her as shes two years older. She...

Wifeytobe88, thursday 6-Jun-13 12
flowersinherhair
Bride quiz - get to know each other.
flowersinherhair, 4 of June of 2013 at 19:16

So I borrowed this from an old thread on another forum hope that's ok. Thought it would be nice to get to know each other more, OMs could do this too. 1. How long have you and your h2b been together?...

Snailsandsushi, friday 8-Nov-13 77
ChannyPink
best way to store dress???
ChannyPink, 2 of June of 2013 at 21:33

I'm having a serious dilehma with my dress, may sound silly but I have no where to keep it, I bought it on impulse very early (15 months to go) and just have no where to store it, it is currently hung...

Fran @ Hitched, monday 3-Jun-13 4
wishfulwhispers
Cardigan in the evening?
wishfulwhispers, 31 of May of 2013 at 09:09

I'm rather self consious about my "bingo wings" - Is a cardigan totally hideous? I think its kinda cute.. This of couse opens up the discussion of which colour would you get it in haha

mum-wants-a-hat, friday 31-May-13 4 661
Childhood-Sweet<3
What should I be thinking about?
Childhood-Sweet<3, 14 of May of 2013 at 11:56

Hi Ladies, I feel like I have thought about everything for our wedding next July, but I don't feel like I have lots to do. We have booked lots of things and are now enjoying making save the dates,...

Feb2014Bride, tuesday 14-May-13 8
wishfulwhispers
venue decoration - on a budget!
wishfulwhispers, 14 of May of 2013 at 11:37

Morning Ladies - The family and I have been arguing back and forth about venue decoration since christmas! The wedding is now only 2 and a half months away (EEK!) and still no idea on venue...

NathalieSB, tuesday 14-May-13 5
goldpants
Veil help
goldpants, 16 of April of 2013 at 11:20

So as you have probably heard I have found my dress! (i'll shut up about it soon i promise!) With it I have bought a grogeous pearl embellished belt and I want the look to be simple. I have tried on a...

wishfulwhispers, tuesday 16-Apr-13 2
Mrs*S*2014
Age?
Mrs*S*2014, 24 of March of 2013 at 22:15

Just wondering ... How old will we all be when we get married. This is my H2B last birthday before he becomes a married man.. Will need to make it special. I will be 24 and he will be 25 will be...

Kim.Chris.2013, tuesday 2-Apr-13 107
MrsSkinner2be
Choosing a Wedding Day - what would you do? Just wanna book it up now
MrsSkinner2be, 18 of March of 2013 at 17:13

Just want to have a little moan. About no one in particular at all but I'm getting worried about what day we are going to have our wedding. We were planning for April/May next year and have pretty...

MrsSkinner2be, tuesday 19-Mar-13 13
wishfulwhispers
on the day nerves - OMs advice
wishfulwhispers, 11 of March of 2013 at 13:12

I detest all forms of public speaking and the idea of standing up there to say my vows makes my heart race and I crack a sweat. I dont really know why as I'd happily speak to all the people sitting...

Love&Lavender, monday 11-Mar-13 8
germaki
Starting to feel overwhelmed :(
germaki, 11 of March of 2013 at 11:48

I'm getting married in Oct and I still haven't found a wedding dress, don't have my invites back, and we only just remembered to go see the registrar. The dress is really stressing me out, I can only...

Honky, monday 11-Mar-13 7
soon2bmrsRB
anyone planning on booking their honeymoon the day before??
soon2bmrsRB, 8 of March of 2013 at 13:07

We have 4 children so dont have a lot of spare cash so we were thinking we'd go to the travel agents the day after the wedding a book a late deal anyone done this or are doing it?

soon2bmrsRB, friday 8-Mar-13 7
F
Fingerprint trees
FMG, 7 of March of 2013 at 16:24

I really like the look of fingerprint trees instead of a guest book but when I showed OH he said 'Do you really want people with inky fingers near you when you are wearing a white dress?' Fair point!...

mum-wants-a-hat, friday 8-Mar-13 14
T
Hedingham Castle or Fennes
TheBear, 4 of March of 2013 at 23:33

The future Mrs Bear and I are torn between these two fabulous Essex venues......both have so many positives and very few negatives. Tell me why we should choose one over the other.....

Sam&Louise, thursday 7-Mar-13 13
F
Please help - 1 week till wedding, but I am going to somehow have to cancel
Figaro82, 22 of February of 2013 at 20:27

I don't know what to do and I am to scared to speak to anyone yet as it will mean its really happened. My other half has been away for work for the past few days and is due bakc later tonight. i woke...

Michaela-Megan5, tuesday 26-Mar-13 166
M
Who is going first down the aisle?
mrandmrsfossett2b, 27 of February of 2013 at 12:04

I can't decide whether I should go first down the aisle with my dad or my bridesmaids. I've got three bridesmaids, my 7 year old stepdaughter to be and my 2 friends. I'm leaning towards my 7 year old...

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, thursday 28-Feb-13 28
2013_Bride_
Money when you are a married couple...
2013_Bride_, 13 of February of 2013 at 09:40

Do you plan to manage your joint finances differently when married? I think we might welcome the joint account ethos more, we already have it but at the moment we have generous personal accounts too...

Arquard, thursday 14-Feb-13 44
samjh87
Pets 'pet' names
samjh87, 7 of February of 2013 at 11:19

Excuse the pun.. What are your pets names and what other names do you call them? We have a cat called Ozzy (we live on Osborne Road..) who gets called Ozwoz. Dog is called Manson (Marilyn Manson....

Flowmojo, friday 8-Feb-13 45
KarenJane
Flat wedding shoes?
KarenJane, 6 of February of 2013 at 17:51

I have very dodgy feet lol! and i cant wear heels so i'm looking for some flat very comfortable shoes - maybe something a little blingy tho! my dress is ivory (more white than cream with a silver band...

katiemoulton87, thursday 7-Feb-13 16
2013_Bride_
If you knew your OH liked you with your hair...
2013_Bride_, 4 of February of 2013 at 21:20

Down & Curled, would you be inclined to wear your hair like this on your wedding day? Of course they will think you look fabulous no matter how you wear it, but would it make you take preference...

Chedi, wednesday 6-Feb-13 14
K
July brides .... What have u done ? When u sending invites out ?
kellouloud, 6 of February of 2013 at 07:24

Good morning ..... Im13th July .... Been moving house so fell Im a little behind ! Venue sorted Dress ordered Photographer sorted Decorations sorted Next is feb half term order bridesmaid dresses and...

missmac13, wednesday 6-Mar-13 15
L
Dress stress
leejdj, 30 of January of 2013 at 19:14

Hi just had a letter from bridal shop saying my dress has arrived and I have to go pick it up. Wedding is 4 months away. I can try it on when I go get it but it's not a fitting. They've recommended...

wishfulwhispers, sunday 3-Feb-13 6
2013_Bride_
**Wedding Weight Loss**
2013_Bride_, 29 of January of 2013 at 11:45

Hi All! Here is the official wedding weight loss post I'm doing things a bit oddly, but its helping me keep the pressure off at the moment. My first goal is to get back to the weight I've always been...

Althea&Phil, tuesday 19-Feb-13 48
flowersinherhair
We booked our venue!
flowersinherhair, 27 of January of 2013 at 18:16

Yayyy! We looked around the Old Rectory in Essex today and really liked it and felt positive, then we dropped into the open day at Crondon Park today and the place just blew us away. Crondon Park was...

SarahW73, sunday 27-Jan-13 8

General groups

Hitched article topics