• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

10 of August of 2013

3914days 5hours

Discussions

alyj66
OB's umbrella?
alyj66, 7 of June of 2014 at 21:06

Just wondering if OB's umbrella is still doing the rounds? I would love to have temporary custody if anyone knows where it is?

alyj66, tuesday 10-Jun-14 23
*RMD*
FAO *Funky* re: takes2videos
*RMD*, 26 of May of 2014 at 18:53

Hi hope you don't mind and promise I'm not a stalker but I think I recognised your pic on their website from your wedding report and wondered if that is you do you recommend them as we had a quote and...

*RMD*, monday 7-Jul-14 7
BrownEyedGal
Our wedding highlights film
BrownEyedGal, 20 of May of 2014 at 16:09

Hi! We got married on 4/5/14 and had a brilliant day. We're waiting for our official photos and film but our videographer sent us our highlights film. Thought I'd post the link for those who want to...

BrownEyedGal, monday 26-May-14 28
AuntieBJ
If you could be anywhere in the world right now...
AuntieBJ, 16 of May of 2014 at 11:18

Where would you be? Egypt What would you be doing? Having a holiday, seeing the pyramids and sailing down the Nile, acting like a total tourist and enjoying every second Who would you be with? The OH...

Missmadgiggles, monday 19-May-14 19
*Funky*
The weekly good bad thread!
*Funky*, 16 of May of 2014 at 12:14

Not started one of these in a while. good- it's Friday the sun is shining and it's a beautiful day. good- off to Benidorm for a friends hen this weekend good- this time in 2 weeks I will be suning...

HAG13, sunday 18-May-14 34
Canary
Any positive stories please? Transferring money to wrong account.
Canary, 29 of April of 2013 at 07:19

So OH transferred nearly £2000 out of our barclays joint account into our santander joint savings. Only he typed the wrong account number and we only realised at the back end of last week. Ive...

Erin8, thursday 15-May-14 29
alabastamasta
I DID IT!!!! *mini flash*
alabastamasta, 10 of May of 2014 at 22:17

Well. That was EPIC. And AWESOME. And I spent £200 on SHOTS. Oh my. We had Alice in Wonderland, the Locomotion, the Skipping Song, I sang in a band, goth songs with added euphonium, many MANY teacups,...

SallyLou, monday 12-May-14 42
ATB
3!!!! months to go - flasharoony!
ATB, 6 of May of 2014 at 13:18

How exactly did this happen!? Thought I'd post what I've got so far - some is made and finished, booked or bought, some still at the prototype stage! Makes me feel slightly better seeing it all laid...

Canary, saturday 10-May-14 39
Rod
Getting to know you....(BT refs but not BT post)
Rod, 8 of May of 2014 at 10:30

So...Otters, new and old...lurkers and active posters...roll up roll up for the getting to know you thread... A lot of us know eachother from our WP days...but with an influx of new faces on Hitched I...

LalaC1988, monday 19-May-14 124
bliss_balloons
Lets talk holidays...
bliss_balloons , 8 of May of 2014 at 11:26

So where's everyone planning on going this year? It's miserable outside and we can't afford a holiday this year so feel free to make me jealous with all your holiday plans!

Angel Wings, saturday 10-May-14 52
Ohwhatatuesday
Signing off as a miss!
Ohwhatatuesday, 9 of May of 2014 at 16:44

Hey hitchers! Ok so I'm off to get married tomorrow! I won't get back on here so just wanted to say thank you everyone for all your help over the last year and a bit, advice, and honesty when I've...

alabastamasta, sunday 11-May-14 15
SecretlyEloped
Big elopement flash!!
SecretlyEloped, 17 of April of 2014 at 16:31

Nearly 1 month to go now! This is my first proper flash because OH and I have been so relaxed about booking and organising everything I didn't really have anything to flash with!! I'm trying to be...

Ice Queen, sunday 20-Apr-14 25
*Teabag*
FAO Holey - The Hand and Flowers
*Teabag*, 9 of April of 2014 at 21:09

We are going to the Hand and Flowers for dinner on Friday so I Googled today to see if they had a dress code....a bit late I know. On the first page is your post from a couple of years ago asking the...

ashlil, tuesday 15-Apr-14 19
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
A message from Mr Twiga
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 3 of April of 2014 at 13:10

"I’m sad to share the very upsetting news that Twiga passed away on Saturday morning following a two and a half year battle with cancer. She was with the people she loved most in the world: her...

Erin8, monday 12-May-14 188
Ohwhatatuesday
my actual dress and it fits!! *flash* (plus jewellery help pls)
Ohwhatatuesday, 2 of March of 2014 at 10:23

I finally have pictures of me in my actual dress and I am so excited! As some of you may remember, I ripped it trying to get it on at my first fitting after putting on Christmas/holiday weight and...

Ohwhatatuesday, monday 3-Mar-14 40
DrBuffles
is this worth £600?
DrBuffles, 19 of February of 2014 at 11:09

Whilst googling my venue to get inspiration I came across this image. I contacted the supplier for a quote and it's £600. They put it up and take it down for us. Do you think it's worth it? I'm...

ApricotTree, saturday 8-Mar-14 59
sarah1976
Photographer for a fun wedding.. Do they exist?
sarah1976, 20 of February of 2014 at 00:14

I'm not getting married until 2016, but I've been looking around online etc, for a photographer that shows pictures of people having fun at weddings. Most I've seen show the usual very posed photos,...

Sarah Ellen Bailey, friday 21-Feb-14 23
K
6 Month Flash!
KyleighB, 12 of February of 2014 at 09:38

Ok so I'm a couple of days early but I've got a quiet 5 mins in the office and cant wait no longer! The Venue Ceremony Room My Dress Rings Shoes Bridesmaid Dress Flower Inspiration (Doing them myself)...

SaraPoppy, wednesday 12-Feb-14 11
Erin8
It all happened so quick *sensitive*
Erin8, 11 of February of 2014 at 17:01

I was driving out of the supermarket today and there was a bit commotion on the other side of the road. 2 women are clearly very distressed so l got out of my car. I soon realise a little boy has just...

Erin8, tuesday 11-Feb-14 23
Kjay
Sunday Roast / What is for tea?
Kjay, 9 of February of 2014 at 17:44

As it is just boyo and I we rarely have a proper roast dinner at home as in the past we always make far too much ( I say we I mean him, all I do is peel and chop as instructed) So as a sort of...

Muppet, tuesday 11-Feb-14 31
Erin8
How many places have you lived?
Erin8, 6 of February of 2014 at 15:47

How many different places have you lived? I am currently on my 15th place. Going to university contributed a lot to that! We are not going anywhere anytime soon though.

Muppet, friday 7-Feb-14 47
Mrs C
*BT* Avocado *BT*
Mrs C, 1 of February of 2014 at 18:08

Avocado... is apparently the size of the baby in my belly! Not sure how much of this bump is baby, and how much is cake, but introducing Baby C!

Canary, monday 3-Feb-14 42
Ohwhatatuesday
Last Chance to nominate for the Hitched Awards - nominations close 24 January
Ohwhatatuesday, 18 of January of 2014 at 11:05

I'm cross posting this from WP for anyone who uses OT more. 2013 Brides & Grooms - if you haven't already, get nominating yourself for the Hitched Awards 2013! Nominations close on 24 January so...

Ohwhatatuesday, thursday 23-Jan-14 3
LoveHimMegaMuch
WedPics
LoveHimMegaMuch, 21 of January of 2014 at 17:05

Just to let you know that a friend of mine told me about a mobile phone app called WedPics! I had a wee look and it's a free app for uploading photographs onto. I set up my account earlier...it lets...

WontBaJonesmuchlonge, thursday 23-Jan-14 8
Love&Lavender
Wine ratio
Love&Lavender, 20 of January of 2014 at 11:22

Hi all, I am sure this question has been asked many times but I did a quick search and couldn't find what I was looking for. We are about to buy wines for the wedding and I wondered what everyone had...

Smithette2b, tuesday 21-Jan-14 14
Flowmojo
Job Hunts
Flowmojo, 20 of January of 2014 at 15:54

So im bummed out. To the point of being unable to be bummed out anymore. I literally have a hatred for my old company for putting me in this predicament, and I dont often have hate for anything. I...

Helenia, monday 20-Jan-14 25
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
Who is the remotest Hitcher?
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 20 of January of 2014 at 13:50

How far away (walking/driving) is your nearest.... Post Office? Seven minute walk McDonalds? Twenty minute drive Ikea? Thirty minute drive Train station where you can get a direct train to London?...

Little Pixie, sunday 26-Jan-14 82
LoveIsEasy
Village hall wedding
LoveIsEasy, 17 of January of 2014 at 09:05

Hi, Having thought that I was completely set on my reception venue I'm having a little bit of a wobble because of the cost of hire. I'm now looking at local village halls to see what we might be able...

camilla89, friday 17-Jan-14 7
Ohwhatatuesday
OMs - what did you do with your dress after the wedding day?
Ohwhatatuesday, 16 of January of 2014 at 08:10

Sorry if theres been a thread like this before, im just curious really to see what people have done or plan to do with their dresses (if havent got round to it yet?) after the big day. Did you sell it...

Canary, thursday 16-Jan-14 26
Maldives2013
My wedding report 7th dec 2013
Maldives2013, 12 of January of 2014 at 19:34

Ah God, I can’t promise an amazingly eloquent report, but I do definitely owe you all a report after the months of getting enjoyment reading everyone else’s! Background We got engaged in July 2012, a...

Ohwhatatuesday, monday 20-Jan-14 43
DrBuffles
What's been your most indulgent/unnecessary purchase
DrBuffles, 15 of January of 2014 at 17:14

Inspired by Icklefee's post a few months back regarding buying things you don't neeed but want for the wedding, what has everyones most indulgent purchase been that is not crucial to the wedding....

ATB, friday 17-Jan-14 43
Lorns
'Bit of a fright' isn't the word!!
Lorns, 10 of January of 2014 at 12:48

Me and H2B booked our church within 2 weeks of being engaged, so last November. It is the church of my dreams, James had never been in there before and he says 'it's nice, yer' which is good enough...

Ohwhatatuesday, friday 10-Jan-14 5

General groups

Hitched article topics