• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

16 of January of 2015

3413days 22hours

Discussions

K
Help! Colour options!
Kez1302, 23 of July of 2014 at 20:18

Hi! Me and my h2b have just booked our wedding. It isn't until feb 2016 but we are really struggling on a colour scheme! We have a slight irish theme but not too sure on a green colour :-/ h2b likes...

HeavyMetalMaiden, saturday 26-Jul-14 8
T
Set the date!
tracy P, 22 of July of 2014 at 20:34

After the kids threatened to plan the wedding, we finally set the date. Jan 16th 2015. Anyone else having a January wedding?

tracy P, tuesday 22-Jul-14 1
RuthG
So, it looks like I'm on for re-newing my wedding vows.
RuthG, 14 of October of 2012 at 19:52

I got married just over 8 years ago, but I wasn't speaking to my Dad. I have very recently got back in touch with him and my husband and I have decided to think about re-newing our vows. We actually...

DaffodilWaves, monday 15-Oct-12 11
CharleeA
totally O?T but hair disaster - any hairdressers about??
CharleeA, 12 of October of 2012 at 16:20

Ive always wanted to go lighter with my hair (or so i thought!) I have dark(ish) brown hair, so I went and got a full set of highlights on it - twice, 5 weeks apart and to be honest - I hate it. I...

tracy P, friday 12-Oct-12 8
T
Wedding dress dilema.
tracy P, 6 of October of 2012 at 23:15

To let you understand, this is my second wedding and I had planed to wear an evening dress. However, my mum was over (lives abroad) and wanted to do the whole wedding dress shopping experience, (...

ladygrey, friday 12-Oct-12 22
jimjams
** Brides, youre' the only ones who can help... Please read, I can't ask anyone else!!**
jimjams, 6 of October of 2012 at 12:51

Hi All, I am desperate for helpful suggestions, but I can't ask anyone I know because I have a big secret!! My OH and I have had some brillient news, after many months of secretly going to Doctors and...

Doris 5/10, tuesday 9-Oct-12 28
W
Late wedding with evening only reception
wiltshire flowers, 12 of September of 2012 at 07:40

Hi I am looking for some advice. My daughter was going to get married in September next year but after falling pregnant with their second child it was decided that for financial reasons it would...

tracy P, wednesday 12-Sep-12 14
E
Can we get married in our garden?
emmacossey, 19 of August of 2012 at 18:33

Hi everyone, This is my first post here, although I tend to check in occasionally for handy tips and hints! I've got a bit of a question regarding a outdoor ceremony. While initially we were going to...

RebTheEck, sunday 19-Aug-12 10
Kjay
just gone & bought a blummin' dress!!
Kjay, 1 of August of 2012 at 20:02

Hi Ladies! After feeling rather nauseous for round one of trying on, round two went rather well but then round three hit the nail on the head! I will be a Phase Eight bride- so not blown the budget...

3d jewellery, thursday 2-Aug-12 7
C
Usher Fallout
Chrispy22, 30 of July of 2012 at 23:27

Hi everybody, A Groom here! So, with a month until our big day, we have had a falling out with our Usher. We is generous though as I don't think we have done anything wrong. To fill you in... I asked...

icklelea, friday 3-Aug-12 9
hazyclaire
Opinions Needed on Table Names
hazyclaire, 29 of July of 2012 at 20:35

There's been a couple of posts about table names today and it's got me thinking about ours... I want them to be something personal to us, ideas so far are:- Cities we've been to Famous Landmarks we've...

hazyclaire, sunday 29-Jul-12 2
J
Organza wedding dress ?
jenttn, 29 of July of 2012 at 19:59

Has anyone had an organza wedding dress ? Does it have a shiny appearance ?

jenttn, sunday 29-Jul-12 3
*gnashers*
Dress shopping part deux
*gnashers*, 21 of July of 2012 at 20:27

So today, I went with mummy bubble to Ellie Sanderson in Beaconsfield. What a fabulous dress shop it is. If you're in the area, I highly recommend it. Lovely service, and although the samples were all...

tortoise, tuesday 24-Jul-12 24
mickeyandminnie
Deflated and wobbling...
mickeyandminnie, 19 of July of 2012 at 15:54

tracy P, monday 23-Jul-12 40
MrsMeldrew
What jewellery would you put with this dress? HIB help maybe??
MrsMeldrew, 23 of July of 2012 at 14:24

I really don't know what the best jewellery (particularly necklace) would go with this dress due to the detailing. I would be really grateful if any of you would give me some inspiration and flash if...

slightlymad, thursday 26-Jul-12 14
L
Dress worries ;( belt? sweetheart neckline?
lucindaveronique, 22 of July of 2012 at 22:14

Hiya I bought my dress in a sample sale back in January. I love it, its a very simple style but now I'm thinking it might be too simple and I'm tempted to change it to a sweetheart neckline and may be...

lucindaveronique, thursday 26-Jul-12 12
B
Dress decisions torn!! *FLASH*
BrogstarBride, 14 of July of 2012 at 17:44

So i went dress shopping today for the second time and tried on an amazing dress that i love!! I also tried on an amazing dress that i love last week and now im torn so im going back to try the first...

Teal, tuesday 17-Jul-12 21
shell657
Top table help
shell657, 3 of July of 2012 at 19:20

How many people are you having on your top table? When I told my marquee suppliers i wanted a top table of 10 they suggested that this might not be aesthetically pleasing? Why do you think this is? I...

tracy P, friday 13-Jul-12 16
goldpants
Some **flashes of my wedding ideas so far.....
goldpants, 13 of July of 2012 at 18:38

Hi, I'm relatively new to the forum but wanted to give some flashes of my wedding ideas so far! We're not getting married till 2014 but I am compulsively organised and want to pick things up as I...

Mrs-HFA, monday 16-Jul-12 5
pinkfrost
i could cry :( what would you do?
pinkfrost, 10 of July of 2012 at 16:15

We've booked the church for 14th Jun 2014, & have an appt to book the restraunt reception venue on 20th July this month. Anyway, this morning, ive discovered im pregnant & i'm in pieces. Ive...

Zoomo13, wednesday 11-Jul-12 32
T
Are there any older brides out there.
tracy P, 8 of July of 2012 at 17:01

Hi, I was just wondering if there are any older brides to be out there, I am 46 and sometimes feel too old to be excited about the whole wedding day. I think I am worried that I could end up looking...

George, tuesday 11-Oct-22 189
honeysparkle
Budget reception help!
honeysparkle, 24 of January of 2012 at 17:23

I feel like I've spent days on end trying to find a suitable reception venue and eventhing just seems too expensive for us. I tried function rooms and pubs but without our guests paying for their own...

sugarloaf, thursday 12-Jul-12 12
cinnamonfairy
Customising a veil
cinnamonfairy, 9 of July of 2012 at 10:01

Has anyone done this? My Nan is letting me use her veil (1 year shy of 50 years old when I get marred! Eeeek!), but it is very plain - no detailing. When I tried one in the bridal shop, I fell in love...

3d jewellery, monday 9-Jul-12 4
cookiekat
Final fitting Dress flash
cookiekat, 9 of July of 2012 at 10:35

Had my last fitting on Friday night and I am still bouncing now. Pictures taken on my ancient phone so not brilliant quality but you get the idea?

Fergo, tuesday 10-Jul-12 17
sophamie
Purple flowers??
sophamie, 8 of July of 2012 at 19:17

So my colour theme is along the lines of cadburys purple and a subtle gold. I'm trying to find real flowers that would go with this, but I have no idea as to what flowers are that sort of purple, and...

22malibu, tuesday 10-Jul-12 7
K
Venues for wedding with 2 guests (spa & golf)
KeelsB, 6 of July of 2012 at 20:09

Hi, We would like to get married with our 2 friends as witnesses. Our ideal wedding would include; - civil ceremony (on site or offsite) - nice meal for 4 (don't mind if it is with others, we do not...

tracy P, sunday 8-Jul-12 7
Erin8
Where to buy engagement rings??
Erin8, 5 of July of 2012 at 12:18

Hi everyone, My boyfriend suggested we go engagement ring shopping on our anniversary at the end of the month which l think means in his crap boy communication way he is going to propose! I really...

Canary, sunday 8-Jul-12 15
T
Entertainment worries
tracy P, 3 of July of 2012 at 21:59

The more I read the more I am worried that my guests will expect some form of enteratainment. I am planning to have a DJ and the budget is tight (£1000 in total). Do you think that will be enough or...

sovilla, wednesday 4-Jul-12 13
pinkfrost
Where's everyone from?
pinkfrost, 3 of July of 2012 at 19:10

I appologise if there is a similar post somewhere else! Im pretty new! Im from Leeds, west yorks x

smazzy_smoo, sunday 8-Jul-12 79

General groups

Hitched article topics