• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

29 of March of 2013

4065days 1hours

Discussions

Miss_EmiB
Civil Ceremony vs CofE wedding
Miss_EmiB, 23 of September of 2012 at 15:02

Hey, I'd be very grateful for help. We're trying to work out the costings for a civil ceremony wedding and a Church of England wedding. All the little bits to, like notice of the marriage etc. The...

Miss_EmiB, wednesday 26-Sep-12 11
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
Unpopular opinions
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 18 of September of 2012 at 22:01

For fun, not for fights. I'll start. In my opinion: 1. Bohemian Rhapsody is a rubbish song. 2. People shouldn't be allowed to vote until they've passed a Voter Test. 3. Publicly-funded faith schools...

Little Madam, monday 1-Oct-12 456
L
Men's suit hire advice
LEA2012, 22 of September of 2012 at 09:47

Hi, I wondered if anyone could tell me if they have been in the situation where some of the men they are hiring suits for are not nearby and if so how that worked out for you? My fiancé and I live in...

icklelea, saturday 22-Sep-12 3
Unlikley Bride
Looking for custom invite stamp
Unlikley Bride, 21 of September of 2012 at 16:25

I'm scouring etsy (my goodness how many there are!) and so far haven't found one suitable. Has anyone seen one that would be suitable to stamp inside a home made invitation - i.e. names, date and...

Unlikley Bride, wednesday 26-Sep-12 6
C
Would you invite this 'plus one'?
Chedi, 18 of September of 2012 at 14:37

I thought I'd ask you lot as an unbiased bunch before I mention it to OH. Bit of background: OH is a prisoner custody officer, so he works in a crown court with those going to court from prison or...

Chedi, tuesday 18-Sep-12 17
mickeyandminnie
Wrong on so many levels!! What are your stories?
mickeyandminnie, 5 of September of 2012 at 15:54

A friend at work went to a wedding a few weeks ago and said that a guest was so annoyed that her daughter wasn't asked to be flowergirl she found out the woman's colour scheme - bought a dress and...

Owl&thepussycat, thursday 8-Nov-12 55
caweena
Career change advice... primary teaching
caweena, 2 of September of 2012 at 19:20

So I have a fairly decent degree and am currently working in a hotel with no forseeable room for progression and certainly no appreciation from management for how blinkin much I do! Am seriously...

icklelea, wednesday 5-Sep-12 5
M
Kids table at wedding breakfast ...good idea or not??
MrsMtobee, 4 of September of 2012 at 01:55

Hi This is my first post and could really do with some opinions. We have lots of children coming to our wedding (27 so far and have not had all RSVPs back yet) Most of our guests have young children...

LEN11212, wednesday 5-Sep-12 13
O
How long is too long..?
oggers86, 24 of August of 2012 at 21:37

I have been in touch with a Hair and MU artist to arrange a trial before I go ahead and book them. I have just under a year to go which gives me plenty of time to get the trial done and either book...

Simon and Alison, wednesday 5-Sep-12 22
L
Do you think we need to serve canapes??
LC to be, 3 of September of 2012 at 21:31

Hi, We are having our ceremony at 12. We are not having our sit down meal until 3. As a guest would you have a big breakfast if going to wedding at 12 so that you wouldn't get hungry, or do you think...

LC to be, friday 14-Sep-12 28
MrsRtoH
STD Costs
MrsRtoH, 4 of September of 2012 at 13:35

Hey Gang! I'm starting to look into Save the Dates and as im going to be sending out about 100 I wondered how much everyone spent on theirs? Did you get them printed of a website ie....

icklelea, wednesday 5-Sep-12 27
Missus S
Bankruptcy
Missus S, 24 of August of 2012 at 16:04

While I'm posting such joyful threads... I have been speaking to a few people regarding my house today, and given a list of options. One of them was bankruptcy which I know is extreme, but she wanted...

Little Pixie, thursday 30-Aug-12 11
Flowmojo
ARGH!! Stop Me!
Flowmojo, 24 of August of 2012 at 14:11

Eating chocolate!! seriously, i can get through a whole bag of choclate in one sitting, i need to stop otherwise as) this baby will be the size of a house and b) my ass will be the size fo a house!! I...

*Mini*, wednesday 29-Aug-12 22
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
Penny pots - to save or not to save
ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 24 of August of 2012 at 13:03

I am in the midst of changing up my penny jars, running at around £400 at the moment. I am aiming for a clean sweep so there are no pennies being deposited in money boxes this week. It strikes me that...

icklelea, wednesday 29-Aug-12 27
pandorasbox
*Dull* Best joint bank accounts?
pandorasbox, 23 of August of 2012 at 15:05

OH and I (oh sorry, I mean the husband and I) have ongoing issues with Santander. I have switched my personal account from them now, but we had to wait til after the wedding payments etc to switch our...

pandorasbox, thursday 30-Aug-12 23
G
Is my sister Bridezilla or is she normal?
getting by, 23 of August of 2012 at 16:46

My sister announced last year that she was going to have a small intimate wedding abroad. It happened that both the location (Antigua) and the hotel (a sandals resort) she chose were quite expensive....

venart, tuesday 4-Sep-12 22
Autumnroseee
Undies?!
Autumnroseee, 16 of August of 2012 at 14:01

Ok guys I've decided to tackle a difficult one today... what kind of underwear to wear under my wedding dress? I've got a fitted strapless dress... I'm guessing shapewear might be a good idea?

ladyzoot, saturday 18-Aug-12 18
E
Hair / make-up person has cancelled! What are my rights?
Ethne, 16 of August of 2012 at 14:35

Hi ladies! First forum post here, though I've been 'lurking' for a few months. Only now has something come up that I could do with some advice about (and I need to vent)! I booked a mobile...

Red Baroness, tuesday 28-Aug-12 25
Flowmojo
Hurrah Phones4U!
Flowmojo, 13 of August of 2012 at 12:15

After enquiring last week about leaving o2 and going with them for my new contract etc,i almost gave up and they no longer buy you out of your contract...they've just rung me to offer me the same...

Tray1980, wednesday 15-Aug-12 18
ATB
Because we all love a hairstyle thread...
ATB, 15 of August of 2012 at 13:56

What do you think of this? I'm worried my hair is a bit fine for it though, it's not mega fine, but not as thick as I think this girl's is? I also have a round face so don't want the mushroom effect!?...

*JLS*, wednesday 15-Aug-12 15
stephanieeff
Tell me about Prague..
stephanieeff, 14 of August of 2012 at 19:07

Other half and I are wanting to get a nice weekend away somewhere for my birthday in November, last year I was so ill we didn't celebrate it (it was my 21st too so wanting to do something special). We...

Mrs Bass, wednesday 15-Aug-12 11
L
Flip Flop Basket
LouLaBellexx, 13 of August of 2012 at 20:56

Is anyone having one/ had one? Can you recommend anywhere to get the flip flops from at a very cheap price? xx

Nik_Nak, wednesday 15-Aug-12 20
A
The things you can find on ebay!!!
Ashlili, 14 of August of 2012 at 08:02

Http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150877331909 This made me chuckle!!

RebeccaC, wednesday 15-Aug-12 17
sarah8286
flowers..
sarah8286, 14 of August of 2012 at 13:58

I'd really like to have artificial flowers on our day, both for the tables and my bouquet. I suffer with terrible hayfever and Id really like to be able to keep them forever after the big day (Never...

Lemon Violet, wednesday 15-Aug-12 8
kharv
What are your Hitched pet peeves?
kharv, 14 of August of 2012 at 16:12

Just a bit of light hearted fun to see me through the rest of the day. What annoys you on Hitched? I'll start... 1) People asking for an opinion then getting upset when they get some. 2) People who...

Sparkly Momma, monday 20-Aug-12 211
Pook82
Children's goody bags - advice from people who have children/experience with children!
Pook82, 14 of August of 2012 at 15:57

We've got 6 children coming to our wedding and I'm making up little goodie bags for them. Here is what I've got so far: Girl: 6 A little purse, some hair clips, a colouring book and pencils, some...

Pook82, wednesday 15-Aug-12 11
S
Napkin dissapointment
sparkle52, 13 of August of 2012 at 20:13

Ok so I know it is a silly thing to get upset about but ordered some pretty paper napkins for the reception thinking they were normal size but they are small ones! friend got them in germany ages ago...

sparkle52, monday 13-Aug-12 5
RebTheEck
WWYD re florist?
RebTheEck, 12 of August of 2012 at 22:02

Went to my sister's wedding yesterday and she used the same florist that we have booked and paid the deposit for. We have both received flowers from the shop and always thought her work to be very...

Zoomo13, tuesday 14-Aug-12 9
HLT
Anyone not doing presents as part of the speeches?
HLT, 12 of August of 2012 at 20:34

For many reasons we don't want to give presents during the speeches. We will thank those who we need to thank and we have a few presents to give privately but just wanted to check this isn't going to...

HLT, sunday 12-Aug-12 7
Lola-Belle
Opinions on Thank You's!
Lola-Belle, 12 of August of 2012 at 14:52

Me and OH were just looking at the bugdet and I said "oh we best not forget to get the wedding party presents and id like to get my mam and dad something really special" (as they have paid for the...

28/07/12bride, monday 13-Aug-12 13
Becklarrr
Registrar
Becklarrr, 10 of August of 2012 at 20:20

I'm getting married in May 2014 & getting married in a hotel, when do I need to book the Registrar??

Becklarrr, monday 13-Aug-12 14
E
Invitation wording question
emmyloo1979, 11 of August of 2012 at 15:26

Hi all Myself and h2b are paying for our wedding, with the hope that my parents will contribute to some things nearer the time, due to a financial settlement they are hopeful to get, however if this...

tortoise, sunday 12-Aug-12 12

General groups

Hitched article topics