Callalily

United Kingdom · From August 2012

• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

27 of April of 2013

4023days 13hours

Discussions

F
Homemade wedding invitations, what do you think?
Fayeh26, 21 of February of 2013 at 21:47

Hi ladies, Me and my h2b have been playing around with wedding invitations, I think we are almost there. What do you think? Not sure whether its a bit plain? X

Vanilla Pod, saturday 23-Feb-13 18
B
Table Centrepieces
Blondie28, 11 of February of 2013 at 18:36

Hi All Just wondering what you are all doing for your centrepieces? I'm trying to think of something a little alternative to having fresh flowers. I'd love to see piccies if anyone wants to share ? L...

Nic78, monday 11-Feb-13 8
T
Bridesmaid Dresses - where are you/have you got yours from?
trace83uk, 11 of February of 2013 at 12:57

Hi all I hope the wedding planning is going well Just looking for inspiration and wondering where you got your bridesmaid dresses from (or where you are planning to get them from). I am after a dusky...

Cocktail-Couture, tuesday 12-Feb-13 18
SarahW73
Dress confusion
SarahW73, 9 of February of 2013 at 22:24

So I found a dress I loved & pretty much thought it was 'The One' I felt a bit panicky that I hadn't tried enough on though so went shopping again today. Now my head is a shed! I really liked 2...

Lemon Violet, monday 18-Feb-13 20
B
First Dance Song what do you think?! Argument brewing lol....
BrogstarBride, 9 of February of 2013 at 22:11

I really want Bon Jovi - Always but my OH keeps telling me its a break up song lol and he wants DJ Sammy - Heaven (slow version) which I also like lol I feel a row brewing haha!

*Mini*, monday 11-Feb-13 19
A
Present for the B2B
akwoody2, 9 of February of 2013 at 11:23

Hello, As the groom to be iv been thinking about lovely gifts for the Bride to be to open on the morning, iv thought about making a CD with some special songs and a letter to go with it. I was hoping...

Vanilla Pod, sunday 10-Feb-13 6
B
Where to get Bridal Shoes from but not at Bridal shop prices!!
BrogstarBride, 8 of February of 2013 at 14:32

Any ideas where to get nice wedding shoes from but reasonable price, I am looking at spending upto £80 ish pounds lol x

Callalily, saturday 9-Feb-13 10
S
So let the planning begin.....
Sooperdooper, 31 of January of 2013 at 21:12

.....after lurking here for a while, I can finally say I am planning my wedding. As with everything in our house, we are going about somewhat back to front. We have agreed on a date, Thursday 2nd Jan...

Callalily, friday 1-Feb-13
C
invite wording when the groom is a lieutenant and divorced parents
Callalily, 13 of January of 2013 at 22:27

Can anyone advise me on the wording on wedding invites when the groom is a lieutentant? Do you put the full word Lieutentant or abbreviate to Lt? When I search for this on the interent it is always...

Canary, monday 14-Jan-13 3 487
Fireflies
Which of these two dresses?!? *flash*
Fireflies, 19 of October of 2012 at 19:18

Ok I know what everyone says about if you need to pick between two, neither is the one, but I still really love both of these dresses, although they are quite different! I'm going back to try them...

tortoise, saturday 20-Oct-12 9
L
Finding "the one"
Laura100813, 18 of August of 2012 at 18:59

Hi all, I just wondered what people's thoughts were on the whole you know when it's "the one" when trying dresses? Did everyone get that when they chose theirs? I had a certain style in mind that I've...

Callalily, thursday 18-Oct-12 12
M
Essence of Australia D1209
Millie2013, 12 of October of 2012 at 07:51

Hi Girls, Has anybody tried the Essence of Austalia D1209 dress? What do you think of it? The shoulder part comes off to make it a strapless dress too. Millie xx http://essensedesigns.com/dress-D1209 ...

Callalily, monday 15-Oct-12 3
B
First Dance song issues......
BrogstarBride, 12 of October of 2012 at 21:31

What should your first dance song be? SHould it be a song you just both like? Or a song that means something to the two of you? Or should it be about the words in the song? You see we picked our song...

ellebob, saturday 13-Oct-12 20
A
Introduction...
alx647, 11 of October of 2012 at 11:07

Hey, I've been perusing this site for a bit but thought it time to say hello ? We're getting married next year but it's a bit of an odd one as we both live abroad temporarily & are not moving back...

alx647, saturday 13-Oct-12 9
D
This might seem a silly thing to worry about but....wedding venue colours!
Debs12xx, 9 of October of 2012 at 23:05

We went to see our local football club today and really loved it, it's modern and clean and welcoming, the right size, perfect for our budget etc etc BUT the carpet (which is nice it's just not the...

Zoomo13, wednesday 10-Oct-12 17
L
Guest list woes!
laura02010, 9 of October of 2012 at 08:56

Morning everyone, I hope all you lovely people are well! I need your advice on the dreaded guest list..... I can imagine that my problem is a very common one and I just don't know what to do. I come...

Elodia, wednesday 10-Oct-12 5
lauz86
Bateau Neck Full Lace Dress A Line
lauz86, 9 of October of 2012 at 19:40

Hello all! I have in mind the exact style dress I want but am really struggling to find it! I am looking for a Bateau neckline, full lace, a-line dress. I've tried Justin Alexander 8530 which is a bit...

Callalily, tuesday 9-Oct-12 1
B
wedding favors
bride2be 21, 8 of October of 2012 at 14:12

Im a lil bit stuck when it comes to wedding favors not sure what to have need some insparation help x

samjh87, tuesday 9-Oct-12 14
daintydisco
Woohooo! 1 Year To Go! *Warning: Contains high levels of excitment and is FLASH HEAVY!*
daintydisco, 4 of October of 2012 at 15:20

I am soooooo excited!!!! Booked the registrar today so its actually happening! Yeyyyyy! This is what I've decided so far: Venue Dress: Save the Dates & Envelope liners: Extremely flash heavy but...

LexiiLovee1990, monday 8-Oct-12 12
P
Flower choice
poochy, 23 of September of 2012 at 17:21

I am getting married in ivory and ive chosen light blue dresses with diamante for my bridesmaids and now im really stuck with what colour to have for my flowers including both my bouquet, bridesmaids...

FMG, monday 24-Sep-12 3
C
Reception venue - Somerset/Dorset
Callalily, 2 of September of 2012 at 21:18

Hey, I am still trying to choose a reception venue in the Somerset/Dorset area and wondered if anyone on here is using or has used any of the following or maybe been to a wedding at one: Ash House...

Sparkly Momma, thursday 6-Sep-12 2
L
Hello :-) I'm new!!!
Little Cake, 5 of September of 2012 at 22:24

Hello Fellow Hitchers! Ever since my friend introduced me to this site when she was getting married I've been hooked. Although I wasn't yet engaged I was a secret lurker!! Fast forward about a year...

Callalily, wednesday 5-Sep-12 3
M
Newbie here - cost of bridesmaid dresses?
manic_cow, 5 of September of 2012 at 20:54

Hi! I've been browsing here for a while so thought I'd finally introduce myself. I'm getting married on 11th May 2013 (FIL to be tells me this is the same day as the FA Cup Final which is apparently a...

Pink Han-bag, thursday 6-Sep-12 13
C
What time does your evening do finish?
Callalily, 5 of September of 2012 at 20:16

Hey, I am still trying to choose a venue for my reception and one of them (prob my fave) has a rule that all music and drinking stops by midnight and everyone is sent home (or to bed if staying...

Vanilla Pod, thursday 6-Sep-12 19
T
Our Perfect Day 10th August *** More pics added, page 2***
tonihilluk, 2 of September of 2012 at 21:11

Hi everybody.. I dont usually post on here but I was on all the time before I got married reading other hitchers posts. Hitched gave me so many ideas and I loved looking at peoples pictures of their...

tonihilluk, wednesday 31-Oct-12 18
J
Grooms surprise present ideas please...
Jadeplus2, 31 of August of 2012 at 18:13

Hello So my h2b is staying in a hotel the night before the wedding and I wanted to surprise him with something on the morning of the wedding by getting the hotel staff to take him a present or do...

Lofty86, thursday 6-Sep-12 24
C
Hi everyone, newbie here!
Callalily, 1 of September of 2012 at 05:33

Hi, just a post to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Rachel and I am marrying my partner Rob in March 2013. We have not set an exact date yet but part of the problem is that I am unsure which...

Callalily, saturday 1-Sep-12 142

General groups

Hitched article topics