Skip to main content
smoothcrims1
smoothcrims1

United Kingdom · From January 2013

Discussions

G
Help - pub licence!
grooveechyk, 31 of January of 2014 at 18:21

Hi, I have my heart set on my local country pub venue. We have identified a suitable date (to fit in with teachers in the family). Matched it with the church, done the sums, and cut the guests to fit...

smoothcrims1, saturday 1-Feb-14 5
*Pugsley*
March 2014 brides
*Pugsley*, 19 of May of 2013 at 14:39

Hi, I've seen a few other month's groups on here and thought I' do a March one (apologies if it has been done already). Where are you getting married and how is your planning coming along? I'm getting...

Elixia, thursday 10-Apr-14 831
C
NEED OPINIONS! My new surname will rhyme with my first name
claireee28, 1 of December of 2013 at 06:14

So i need some honest opinions! My name is Claire and my fiances surname is Dare! I would quite happily take his name except that it rhymes. I go through phases of "screw what people think ill be...

, friday 3-May-24 26
Feb2014Bride
February 2014 Brides to be!
Feb2014Bride , 20 of March of 2013 at 16:58

Any February 2014 brides to be out there? How is the planning going? What’s on the to do list this month? What’s already booked? I am getting married on Saturday 15th February. Venue booked (all...

Woods-To-Be, thursday 13-Mar-14 374
S
To Invite or not to invite work colleagues...?
saraht1979, 2 of January of 2014 at 13:23

I have just registered on here and there are some really useful tips and advice but I am in a dilemma on one thing: Work Colleagues. So, I have been with my company for only a short time and getting...

mooshy, thursday 2-Jan-14 5
MrsToffee
Videographer Confusion
MrsToffee, 22 of December of 2013 at 22:10

At first I wasn't so fussed about having a vog but was coming round to the idea, especially so I can look back on the vows, speeches and first dance. However all the ones I've looked at in my area are...

ApricotTree, thursday 2-Jan-14 11
S
live music for wedding reception
sammy2014, 5 of November of 2013 at 10:53

Hi imnew here so not sure if this is all going to be right!! im getting married next august and for the evening reception we are looking into having live music instead of a dj but I am at a loss as I...

mirandag, thursday 7-Nov-13 7
J
Good Groom's websites?
ji86, 4 of November of 2013 at 13:05

Does anyone know any good UK based Groom's advice websites? I have found one good one called the Groom List - www.groomlist.co.uk - but was wondering if anyone had come across any others? My B2B has...

SunnyPinkConfetti859, saturday 3-Feb-18 4
S
Two queries in one day... bad venue review
Sturt2b, 30 of October of 2013 at 13:56

Hi there, I wondered if anyone had booked a venue and then read a bad review about it? We've recently found the perfect place, totally fell in love with it and reserved it. I then googled it and read...

SunnyRedBridesmaid92, saturday 20-Apr-19 24
M
Wedding Party Venue Ideas - West Midlands
MrsJohnToBe, 17 of October of 2013 at 12:18

Hi All Having a bit of trouble finding a venue to hold our party following getting married in Cuba next year. Has anyone got any recommendations/ideas for a venue that could hold approx 250 people, be...

smoothcrims1, friday 18-Oct-13
E
2nd thoughts on best man
Eazzergood, 6 of May of 2013 at 08:03

We booked our wedding two years early and both me and my wife to be picked my best man together. The decision was a friend that I had known for a shorter time than a lot of my other friends, but he...

smoothcrims1, friday 18-Oct-13 12
Elixia
Live bands need a green room! ffffffffffffffffffffffu-
Elixia, 11 of October of 2013 at 09:39

First off, thanks to everyone who helped on the last post with finding bands. I have a good list of peeps and quotes! one thing that's come up as a snag thou, all of the bands I do like require green...

Lemon Violet, monday 28-Oct-13 26
Chippet
Band
Chippet, 9 of October of 2013 at 22:06

Sorry all, I can see there are already a couple if recent posts about this, but didn't want to hijack. My OH and I are in a bit of a disagreement regarding the band. He's into Ska and Punk, I'm not...

smoothcrims1, tuesday 15-Oct-13 5
"
Aaarrrgghh Venues, Venues & Venues
"About Time" Bride, 14 of September of 2013 at 22:38

Hi All, We have only been engaged a month and not planning on getting married until May 2015 (our 10 year anniversary). I know its a long way off, but I thought I'd sort the venue now and then I could...

dave@callthecaterers, friday 17-Oct-14 16
Vanadesse
Entertainment in Manchester?
Vanadesse, 17 of September of 2013 at 20:42

Just wondering if anyone can recommend any good bands or DJs in the Manchester area?

JSuitsVox, wednesday 25-Sep-13 7
S
Nightmare Best Man.... advice/opinions please :)
sadler89, 27 of August of 2013 at 16:16

Hi all - Any opinions/advice much appreciated. Our best man is a friend of my fiance's of over 10 years and is one of our closest friends. Earlier in the year he got a new girlfriend and set-up a...

peternicholson26, thursday 14-Nov-13 1
M
Help....can anyone recommend a Wedding band in Kent???
Marymc123, 17 of September of 2013 at 23:00

Hi as you may have guessed by the title I am looking for a wedding band in Kent or that are willing to travel. I haven't been to any wedding around so have no idea where to start. Also I've just had a...

Lemon Violet, monday 23-Sep-13 11
Cat In A Teacup
Band vs DJ?
Cat In A Teacup, 17 of September of 2013 at 20:32

What would/did you chose? Can you recommend any good bands or DJs in the Kent/Sussex area? We would both love a band (Blues Brothers act is the dream) but are not sure we can justify the extra cost....

Wedding DJ, thursday 19-Sep-13 27
B
Last song
bristol1984, 12 of September of 2013 at 11:42

Hi any suggestions for the last song for the evening do? I have looked at some on the inspiration but none of them stand out.

Foo, friday 13-Sep-13 36
S
Budgeting ideas please!
Sarah5790, 11 of September of 2013 at 21:42

Hey I feel the cost of this wedding may be getting out of hand I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on ways to or where to cut back on price. I was thinking of maybe doing my own centrepieces...

BlossomJ, thursday 12-Sep-13 5
LoveHimMegaMuch
Keeping the guests entertained???
LoveHimMegaMuch, 3 of September of 2013 at 01:33

Hi all! Have been thinking about ideas on how to keep our wedding guests entertained, as I know first hand it can be a really long day for all-day guests. Maybe it's just me, but I find myself getting...

Little Pixie, thursday 12-Sep-13 21
whitewine33
Venue double booked!
whitewine33, 10 of September of 2013 at 15:21

Hi this is my first ever post. I have planned a village hall wedding for october 2014. All dates were available in october at the hall so we got penciled in and booked the church, hotel room for the...

Hoddy, thursday 12-Sep-13 10
K
Wedding Venues that let you have your own caterers
katepalmer, 11 of September of 2013 at 16:18

Hello, I am hoping to get married in 2014. We are on a tight budget - 5 grand. ( without couting my dress) . My fiances dad is a chef and said he would do our wedding food for free- which is going to...

lionel taplin, friday 13-Sep-13 14
Ice Queen
Forum Rules - Advertising - PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST
Ice Queen, 13 of January of 2010 at 08:31

We are getting lots of advertising on the site from members who do not advertise in the supplier directory Please read the rules before posting https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/content/ForumRules.aspx...

Blossom Forest Photo, friday 25-Mar-16 273

General groups

Hitched article topics